PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed something interesting in PvP and PvE

Howard
09-08-2014, 02:51 PM
*There is no specific colour coding; just for visuals.
*There is nothing special about the highlighted 18; my mouse was just there while taking the screenshot.
*Mutants are listed in order of appearance, with the last ones being the current.
*Wicked Witch is the one half blocked by visuals in row 28. During this PvP both Crypt Wraith and Wicked Witch were offered as rewards (in Expert's and Grandmaster's League respectively)
*I did this quickly at work :p

This may have been already posted or observed, but I decided to make a thread anyways.

There seems to be a recurring pattern within and between PvE and PvP mutant rewards, as seen above.

The general pattern for both (with a few exceptions here and there, but usually just a swap between a couple, and sometimes an insertion.

General pattern; observed in the 4 sections (A06-A16, A23-34, C09-C20, C26 to C34)
Sirenia
Lichlock
Behemoth
Shell Shock
Crypt Wraith
Mekali
Supernovus
Master Slitter
Azuria
Satyr Shaman
Retribution
Haggis (only available in PvP)

Other notes:
- Arachno is kind of a pattern; appears twice (almost 3 times) before Sirenia
- The gap (Zenarach, Humongous, etc could be filler, or just have yet to repeat due to the small sample

Possible predictions:
- Satyr Shamon/Retribution will be the next PvE (Haggis has yet to appear in PvE)
- Followed by newer mutants or single mutants (Arachno, Zenarach, Zombat, Ragnar) in PvE

- New or single repeated mutants in the next PvP (Zenarach, Humongous, General Chaos, Anubis, Slashog)

Of course, the "gap" can also be an outlier, and the general pattern can always repeat again.

Feel free to post any other observations, and predictions :)

I also noticed, I have been playing for about 7 PvP and PvE events; 5 mutants have been repeated during my tenure :(

Mutant rewards sourced from:
MGG Wikia - PvP (http://mutantsgeneticgladiators.wikia.com/wiki/PvP)
MGG Wikia - PvE (http://mutantsgeneticgladiators.wikia.com/wiki/PvE)

Alexa Zisca
09-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the work and observations! Very informative.

So if I got this right ...
You've been playing for around 14 weeks, roughly 3.5 months.
Out of possible 14 mutants, 5 were repeated.
That sounds like an awful lot considering the mutant pool available.
Seems in par with the general complaints going around.

this is my 3rd season playing the game only.
we'll see how long I last =)

Howard
09-08-2014, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the work and observations! Very informative.

So if I got this right ...
You've been playing for around 14 weeks, roughly 3.5 months.
Out of possible 14 mutants, 5 were repeated.
That sounds like an awful lot considering the mutant pool available.
Seems in par with the general complaints going around.

this is my 3rd season playing the game only.
we'll see how long I last =)

Percentage wise, yes, it is quite a bit. But I more or less don't mind. It gives other people a chance to get mutants that they don't have. What mutants I already have, some people might not have, and vise-versa. Though I strongly encourage brand new mutants to satisfy both crowds

Davy Jones
09-10-2014, 05:35 PM
I concur. I've been playing just as long (3.5-4 months), and have talked to Howard via IM, and we each have different mutants.

Them repeating mutants is necessary, otherwise none of you will ever get the Zombat you all so covet. :)

David Deal
09-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Agreed but I wish the stagger was larger so the churn through the mutants was faster. It's nice the first couple weeks but then it sux after fame 30

Howard
09-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Maybe something like a group A and B mutants. Say group A is the repeating set I mentioned in the first post. Group B can be different mutants completely.

Then say keep the PvE the same, but while group A in PvE is active, have group B in PvP, then swap, with completely new mutants as filler. thus not having the groups overlap, and duplicate mutants within 2 events of each other.

Ie. from chart:
PvP PvE
A - A
X - X (gap)
A - A

arrange it into:

A - B
X - X (gap)
B - A

Zero
09-11-2014, 01:44 AM
I'm the admin who made that list on the wikia, I had to look through several facebook posts and videos to see which mutant was given during that season. Some of this stuff is also on the home page of the wiki.

Arachno
Sirenia
Zombat
Behemoth
Lichlock
Shell Shock
Crypt Wraith
Supernovus
Mekali
Master Splitter
Azuria
Satyr Shaman
Retribution
Xenarach

Are the mutants that appear in both PvE and PvP

Haggis
Humongous
General Chaos
Slashog

Are PvP exclusive mutants.

And there has only been one Legendary given out in PvE which was Ragnar, and only 2 Legendary in PvP which were Anubis and Wicked Witch.

Howard
09-11-2014, 02:06 AM
I'm the admin who made that list on the wikia, I had to look through several facebook posts and videos to see which mutant was given during that season. Some of this stuff is also on the home page of the wiki.

Arachno
Sirenia
Zombat
Behemoth
Lichlock
Shell Shock
Crypt Wraith
Supernovus
Mekali
Master Splitter
Azuria
Satyr Shaman
Retribution
Xenarach

Are the mutants that appear in both PvE and PvP

Haggis
Humongous
General Chaos
Slashog

Are PvP exclusive mutants.

And there has only been one Legendary given out in PvE which was Ragnar, and only 2 Legendary in PvP which were Anubis and Wicked Witch.

Are you Hero Zero? If so, i suspected but was not sure.

Also, just got Silver Auto with Auto and Bazzinger. (I got all the normal, bronze and golds of my legendaries and am working on Silver). Just put in Battle Toad with Cezanne; wonder if doing this increases or decreases my odds. Got 7 silvers stars left, and 8 mutants to breed :| Could use a 3 for 1 sale right about now...

EDIT: Got Cezanne first try :) I also got Silver psychoboar first try as well (Gold Psycho with Bronze Beast). My silver luck is finally turning around *knocks on wood*
Wonder if doing same both gene legendaries (Battletoad and Cezanne) works better, or if just one gene can works just as well (ie. Space Princess and Bazzinger). Or maybe Gold and Bronze version of the same mutant (just put Bronze and Gold Triple B in breeder). So many options

Zero
09-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Are you Hero Zero? If so, i suspected but was not sure.

Yea that's me.

Howard
09-15-2014, 01:17 PM
Looks like it is Xenarach (awesome, I don't have one yet), and thus continuing the pattern. So it is quite possible to see Humongous, General Chaos, Slashog soon (yay for the last 2!, already bought Humongous)

Another thing I noticed in PvP, not mutant related.

For the 7 or 8 PvPs I have been around for, each time I have improved my point totals (this week I went from ~2100 to 4200 points!). What I saw that correlated to this is my win ratio. As I improved my point totals, my win/loss ratio actually got worse. At 2100 points I was about 50/50, before that at 1800 points I was at about 55/50, this week, at 4200 points, I am at 40 or 45/50.

I guess this is related to more points = more higher quality opponents = more risk of losing = more points earned/win.

Unrelated: I just go Bobonorush/Autono Fett!