PDA

View Full Version : So has anybody looked at Project X-27?

John MacDonald
09-30-2014, 01:22 PM
If not, look at his speed.

That's right. I had to look twice, too.

Howard
09-30-2014, 01:55 PM
If not, look at his speed.

That's right. I had to look twice, too.

I know! I want it bad. Just release it already and take me money! (or gold)

As a matter of fact, a certain someone on this forum won the naming contest. I envy him :p

James Wash
09-30-2014, 10:13 PM
take me money!

Howard, you are the customer most salesmen can only dream about :excitement:

DrLobo
10-02-2014, 10:30 AM
I wanted to look into him allright, since the ipad version is still impossible to play due to some ios8 bug going on for almost 3 weeks now ( 21x5 gold lost in the process...) so i connected directly on facebook, clicked on the announcement for x-27 and voila ...

-2500 gold, didn't even have a confirmation window !?!?

I guess kobojo guys never look at that forum but in any case, i'd like my gold back... maybe the mutant is Worth the price but i'd like to make an educated purchase in that case ... not being the victim of a poorly implemented UI !

I'm so mad right now, i had just bought this gold (yes with money) with a Blanka pack now it's lost... can't upgrade breeding center or whatever that gold was destined to be used to..... Grrrrr

Oh and please, fix the ios8 bug, PLEASE !

Michael Katz
10-02-2014, 01:03 PM
What do you think guys, is this mutant worth buying? The problem is that I would have to spend my entire gold on this one. And I was rather thinking about purchasing Space Trooper, if she comes back again. Also is it a good idea to hope for a discout on this mutant at the end of its sale?

Howard
10-02-2014, 01:41 PM
There's no knowing when Star Trooper or the lightning pack will come back. These types of mutants don't usually go on sale prior to their leave (if ever); only ones I recall getting discounts are holiday mutants (easter gunny) and special mutants (Louis, George). It could still get released at a cheaper price, or in normal version for less gold (which I would have preferred), or even in a pack one day like Autonorush. I think it's bound to get cheaper someday (after some amount of time); but there's no knowing when, if ever it'll be re-released. I guess you (I) am paying a premium to get it NOW.

I bought it, and though I have not used it yet, I think it could be worth it.

It's advertised speed is 12.5 (faster then the other lightning) and attack is 130 (same as the other lightning). Although I will likely not have an advantage on the 11.11 lightning mutant directly (might get an extra attack on a 11.11 lightning at 10 turns in; which is irrelevant) it can give you an extra attack on other mutants over the 11.11 lightnings.

Same price as gold Autonorush as well

It's genes I'm not a huge fan of, but it's not something changing your team can't fix.

And 3 hours to incubate! I cant wait that long! :p

Drlobo: That's very unfortunate; hopefully it is a great mutant and would make you forget about this fiasco. At least it wasn't a Garuda, or a useless gold mutant

Michael Katz
10-02-2014, 02:39 PM
There's no knowing when Star Trooper or the lightning pack will come back. These types of mutants don't usually go on sale prior to their leave (if ever); only ones I recall getting discounts are holiday mutants (easter gunny) and special mutants (Louis, George). It could still get released at a cheaper price, or in normal version for less gold (which I would have preferred), or even in a pack one day like Autonorush. I think it's bound to get cheaper someday (after some amount of time); but there's no knowing when, if ever it'll be re-released. I guess you (I) am paying a premium to get it NOW.

I bought it, and though I have not used it yet, I think it could be worth it.

It's advertised speed is 12.5 (faster then the other lightning) and attack is 130 (same as the other lightning). Although I will likely not have an advantage on the 11.11 lightning mutant directly (might get an extra attack on a 11.11 lightning at 10 turns in; which is irrelevant) it can give you an extra attack on other mutants over the 11.11 lightnings.

Same price as gold Autonorush as well

It's genes I'm not a huge fan of, but it's not something changing your team can't fix.

And 3 hours to incubate! I cant wait that long! :p

Drlobo: That's very unfortunate; hopefully it is a great mutant and would make you forget about this fiasco. At least it wasn't a Garuda, or a useless gold mutant

Yeah, I don't like its genes either... Btw. how do you calculate the number of times a mutant will be able to attact? There was somewhere a muotopia page on this topic but I can't find it now :(

DrLobo
10-02-2014, 03:02 PM
haha thanks Howard for the support, i'm actually fond of robots and such creatures so i guess i would have bought it anyway but you just reminded me how, in a similar fashion i accidentally bought Garuda too :) i really have to stop trying with the Facebook version, other than collecting daily rewards !

Howard
10-02-2014, 03:13 PM
There's a thread someone (I think the help desk section) discussing the number of attacks. A simple way is to just look at their speed as is. 12.5 speed has 2 attacks against 6.25 speed or lower.

Simple math:
Calculate number of attacks on specific mutant: Your speed / their speed = number of attacks
Example: 12.5 / 3.7 = 3.38 => 3 attacks (you get 3 attacls on a specific 3.7 mutant)

Calculat to get x amount of attacks on certain mutant:
Your speed / attacks you want = enemy mutant speed
Example: 12.5 / 3 attacks = 4.17 (you get 3 attacks on 4.17 mutants)

Michael Katz
10-02-2014, 03:35 PM
There's a thread someone (I think the help desk section) discussing the number of attacks. A simple way is to just look at their speed as is. 12.5 speed has 2 attacks against 6.25 speed or lower.

Simple math:
Calculate number of attacks on specific mutant: Your speed / their speed = number of attacks
Example: 12.5 / 3.7 = 3.38 => 3 attacks (you get 3 attacls on a specific 3.7 mutant)

Calculat to get x amount of attacks on certain mutant:
Your speed / attacks you want = enemy mutant speed
Example: 12.5 / 3 attacks = 4.17 (you get 3 attacks on 4.17 mutants)

Ok, so there there is no advantage in having a 12,5 mutant over a 11,1 one in terms of numbers of attacks, right? Even in the best case scenario the both will be able to attack 3x.

Grim Jack
10-02-2014, 03:42 PM
The one and only advantage to X27, in my mind, is you tag first over the 11.11s. Since I've crossed into PvP w/ 30 EVO and fairly regularly fight EVO 31s w/ at least 1 11.11, having a 12.5 will sway the odds in my favor. It's just a matter of time for me to hatch a Gold Galactic Guardian after X27 to avoid him being my tag, then maxing him out to start fighting.

Howard
10-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Ok, so there there is no advantage in having a 12,5 mutant over a 11,1 one in terms of numbers of attacks, right? Even in the best case scenario the both will be able to attack 3x.

True that number if attacks is not changed, but the mutants attack is now a bigger spectrum.

3 attacks:
12.5 will have 3 attacks on mutants 4.17 or less
11.11 will have 3 attacks on mutants 3.7 or less

2 attacks:
12.5 will have 2 attacks on mutants 6.25 or less
11.11 will have 2 attacks on mutants 5.56 or less

But the biggest advantage I'd what grim said. Tags.

Grim Jack
10-02-2014, 04:10 PM
Um....wtf.....

According to the Mutopedia in FB, his stats for gold lvl 1 are 220/1404.
According to the Daily Post in FB, they are 220/1338.
According to the Mutopedia in my tablet they are 227/1380.

Kobojo....which is it??????

Howard
10-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Um....wtf.....

According to the Mutopedia in FB, his stats for gold lvl 1 are 220/1404.
According to the Daily Post in FB, they are 220/1338.
According to the Mutopedia in my tablet they are 227/1380.

Kobojo....which is it??????

They are all more or less correct. Mutants have varying stats, some with more attack but less health, the opposite, and in the middle. I find mutants that are bought instead of bred tend to have the lowest base attack and higher health.

My x27 is 225/1388 hp

James Wash
10-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I don't like its genes either... Btw. how do you calculate the number of times a mutant will be able to attact? There was somewhere a muotopia page on this topic but I can't find it now :(

Here's my "how to":
http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?4488-Speed-2-1-attacks

James Wash
10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
What do you think guys, is this mutant worth buying? The problem is that I would have to spend my entire gold on this one. And I was rather thinking about purchasing Space Trooper, if she comes back again. Also is it a good idea to hope for a discout on this mutant at the end of its sale?

I got it with gold I've saved up. To me, it's worth it. However, I'm a special case in that I have no tags, never spend any real world money and don't have Space Trooper but want it. But Who Knows when it'll be available again.?

I still have 1335 gold left, so maybe I'll have enough by the time it reappears. I do have Autorush, but would be saving for that as well if I didn't. So you have to compare your game strategy and needs.

I wouldn't expect a discount for many months. I expect that they'll have more of the same speed, then a discount, then have speedier ones, then repeat since that would cause paying players to have to continually upgrade to stay ahead.

Michael Katz
10-02-2014, 05:57 PM
Here's my "how to":
http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?4488-Speed-2-1-attacks

Thanks

I got it with gold I've saved up. To me, it's worth it. However, I'm a special case in that I have no tags, never spend any real world money and don't have Space Trooper but want it. But Who Knows when it'll be available again.?

I still have 1335 gold left, so maybe I'll have enough by the time it reappears. I do have Autorush, but would be saving for that as well if I didn't. So you have to compare your game strategy and needs.

I wouldn't expect a discount for many months. I expect that they'll have more of the same speed, then a discount, then have speedier ones, then repeat since that would cause paying players to have to continually upgrade to stay ahead.

We are not that different, in that I am also a free player and have already Autorush. I am thinking about buying this mutant and forming a team of Autorush, Terrordoll and Project X-27.

DrLobo
10-27-2014, 02:45 PM
In response to my first page rant, I have to admit that I have no regrets in getting that mutant .... playing first is a HUGE advantage in pvp, and while I had to fight until the last hour to get my reward last season, with the help of X27 in my team (now at my maximum level) I only had to make the required number of battles just to keep my place in the reward I was interested in.
Many players with 10 levels over mine got their asses handed to them thanks to my defense team including maxxed out project X27!