PDA

View Full Version : Research II Chest

Howard
10-16-2014, 04:57 PM
There's a new mystery box in the shop, saying it contains a random mutant in Bingo Research II. Has anyone got it? I am extremely tempted to get it as that card has some nice mutants.

Only problem for me is I have terrible luck and the odds are slightly against me.

I have 20 of 36 of the mutants already, 21 if you count PvP's General Chaos.

[K] Hugo
10-16-2014, 05:19 PM
Rough choice ah ah ! If you are missing some Zodiac creatures, they will also be back in the game by batch of 3 like we did a couple of weeks ago :)

Amando Campicello
10-16-2014, 05:21 PM
the box is a total scam to me. i bought 4 of them and i got the triple-b 3 times.
dont buy this scam-box , it only rips off your gold

Howard
10-16-2014, 05:24 PM
That sounds very bad luck to me. That's very unfortunate.

I do plan to buy zodiacs (all the packs actually), so if I take those into account, my odds are lowered to about 10/36.

I do have 13.8k gold though, so maybe I will buy one. I do prefer actually knowing what I get though lol

[K] Hugo
10-16-2014, 05:25 PM
WOW this is unfortunate Psy Captains, how is that even possible -_- Sorry to hear that..

Amando Campicello
10-16-2014, 05:27 PM
to make it worse , i had only 11 of the 36 mutants. 1st box was space princess and next 3 in a row triple-b.
and since kobojo doesnt care the 1500 gold for the doubles are lost and not refunded

[K] Hugo
10-16-2014, 05:33 PM
Its not about not caring, its about following the rules. It is a mystery box, it is about luck... You can win big, or get a mutant you already have. You spend the gold knowing that.

Howard
10-16-2014, 05:47 PM
A friend of mine got Space Princess too, though they didn't have it yet, they dislike Space Princess. But that's part of the game.

Just looked at my Bingo Card, I need 16 mutants; 3 will be available in PvP soon (General Chaos, Ragnar, Slashog), 3 are Zodiacs, and thus I only need 10.

Just bought 3 boxes. Got Tinkerblade, (Bronze) Space Princess, then (Bronze) Triple B. I only needed Tinkerblade (should have stopped at the first one). Oh well.

EDIT: Just bought 1 more, got H.U.M.A.N. needed that. Now I only have 8/36 odds. Maybe I should stop. Though I now have 10.8K gold left, maybe I'll buy 1 more...

Would like an Ivory Hanzo if it is possible; would net me 1200 gold in bingo then I can buy 2 more boxes

superhater
10-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Wow...seeing how many space princesses have been seen...I'm insure now. This would wipe out my gold at the moment. Not sure if I should just save it and continue to add to it. Might be something better later. I still need 30 mutants in research 2...so the odds are in my favor.

Howard
10-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Damn, got another HUMAN. I guess I am done.

Tinkerblade > Space Princes > Triple B > H.U.M.A.N. > H.U.M.A.N

Would be nice if there was some form of a trade system :P

Howard
10-16-2014, 07:12 PM
OK, so I am definitely done

Tinkerblade > Space Princes > Triple B > H.U.M.A.N. > H.U.M.A.N > Tinkerblade > Star Trooper > Halbeard > Halbeard > Space Princess > Triple B > Invadron > Galactic Guardian > Triple B > Galactic Guardian

15 purchases, only 2 I needed :( Oh well

I just want 1 more mutant I need. Especially Dezinger

I really wish there was a trader. Heck, or even gifting a mutant.

Michael Katz
10-16-2014, 07:36 PM
I really wish there was a trader. Heck, or even gifting a mutant.

Yeah, me too :(. I guess kobojo will never introduce this though...

DrLobo
10-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Knowing my luck.... I already have 1/3 of the mutants available.... Ill pass.... 750 gold is a lot of gold !

Howard
10-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah, me too :(. I guess kobojo will never introduce this though...

I know, but maybe if the find a way to regulate it. Like maximum 1 trade per month, or 100 gold from both parties for a trade. You can only trade the pods and not hatched mutants; thereby eliminating the whole buy new mutant, breed, then trade risk (basically you can only trade bought mutants or reactors)

Knowing my luck.... I already have 1/3 of the mutants available.... Ill pass.... 750 gold is a lot of gold !

Yea, I have terrible luck too. possible 36 different mutants, in 15 tries, I got 8 different mutants. Should have quit while I was ahead

Michael Katz
10-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I know, but maybe if the find a way to regulate it. Like maximum 1 trade per month, or 100 gold from both parties for a trade. You can only trade the pods and not hatched mutants; thereby eliminating the whole buy new mutant, breed, then trade risk (basically you can only trade bought mutants or reactors)

Sounds good to me, you'd definetely have my vote :). I am actually thinking about buying the Research II Chest twice. I've got 1500 gold now and have already bought X27. Could really use some good galactic mutants (getting Star Trooper would be of course my dream ;) ) since I just have Azuria so far.

superhater
10-16-2014, 10:27 PM
I went ahead and got one too. Cleaned out my gold. Didn't have much saved up. Got a silver Ragnar. I needed it so it could have been worse.

Howard
10-16-2014, 10:35 PM
I went ahead and got one too. Cleaned out my gold. Didn't have much saved up. Got a silver Ragnar. I needed it so it could have been worse.

My gold is more or less cleaned out too.

Though some slightly bad news, Ragnar should be available in PvP in the next event.

On the bright side, at least you didnt spend 10k gold like I did. I immediately rue my decision :p

superhater
10-16-2014, 11:08 PM
My gold is more or less cleaned out too.

Though some slightly bad news, Ragnar should be available in PvP in the next event.

On the bright side, at least you didnt spend 10k gold like I did. I immediately rue my decision :p

Wow. 10k in gold serious. I need every single mutant you got in them...lol. It figures I get the one coming up in PvP. My luck. Time to start saving more gold...lol.

Howard
10-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Wow. 10k in gold serious. I need every single mutant you got in them...lol. It figures I get the one coming up in PvP. My luck. Time to start saving more gold...lol.

Granted, a good chunk was from buying. The 1300+1700 gold for $20 sale was great, hope it comes back, will definitely buy more then 2 if it comes out again. Also some gold from Buranka pack. Rest was saved up,

I now only have 2.5k left, and I need to buy stars when they go on sale, along with Zodiacs and others. Need a sale bad, otherwise I wont buy.

I would gladly give you some mutants if possible; at least they wouldnt be sitting in my inventory.

Grim Jack
10-17-2014, 05:26 AM
I needed 12 of 36, - General Chaos and 3 Zodiacs = 8 of 36 or only a 22% chance of getting something I need.

My boxes went: Space Princess, Invadron, Brnz Invadron, Sil Halbeard (needed), Brnz Dezinger (needed), Brnz Master Oida (needed).

50% and I was on a roll!

But then: Invadron, Brnz Dezinger, Brnz Tinkerblade.

33%. I've learned my lesson! 6750 gold for 3 needed mutants. If I were more patient I'm sure I could've gotten Gold versions of those 3 for that price.

Oh well. Here's to hoping we can trade some day. I'll just let the other 6 sit in inventory.

Side note-
After looking through the comments under the box announcement, no one's reported getting a Zodiac, Oriax, Gargantus, Mantidroid, Devourer or Blood Berry. Being that these were/are/will be attainable in other ways, I wonder if they've been left out? Granted I haven't seen anyone comment that they got several other mutants either, but if we knew these weren't/aren't in the box then our odds increase.
Not that I'm buying any more of them...no...I won't...I'm ahead of my curve...I should stop...Howard, tell me I should stop! :hororr:

[K] Hugo
10-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Amando, threatening won't help.
The tooltip of the box is quite clear. Did you have something different from whats displayed here ? No.
We understand you may be disapointed but you will not obtain a refund for this.

_
Howard, that could have been worse I think ! Regarding the trading system, this is an idea that comes back quite often and we are discussing it.

_________

Howard
10-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Based on comments, peers, and a video of a hacker buying hundreds, it looks like only SOME of the mutants are in the box.

Available Mutants:
- HUMAN
- Absolem
- Dezinger
- Star Trooper
- Halbeard
- Triple B
- Space Princess
- Master Oida
- Invadron
- Haggis
- Tinker Blade
- Ragnar
- Galactic Guardian
- Scarebear (only saw one person post this, may or may not be true)

I need about 7 of the above.

This would definitely explain my (and others) lack of variety.

Therefore, Zodiacs, breed-ables, special mutants, and a few Legendaries are impossible to get from the box.

13 of 14 mutants of a possible 36; a bit of false advertising if you ask me. It also looks like certain mutants have bigger drop rates as well.

Hugo (Sander) Cohen: I agree, it could have been worse, just would have liked more variety, even though I have most mutants. Heres to hoping a trader comes in, as I have mutants that need a home :p

[K] Hugo
10-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Mmmmh they probably have bigger drop rates, the others must be quite rare ! :highly_amused: don't know for sure though, i'm just community manager here.

Anyway, the trading system is again something we put some thoughts in, and we'll come back to you about this when we need more feedbacks.