PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to win pvp without tags?

Xerkics
10-21-2014, 11:22 PM
Most of my friends arent really interested in this game and i dont really want to friend people i dont know on facebook. I noticed usually if an opponent gets a tag its usually game over as it turns into KO.
Is it possible to get anywhere in pvp in this game without having lots of tags?

James Wash
10-22-2014, 03:47 AM
Most of my friends arent really interested in this game and i dont really want to friend people i dont know on facebook. I noticed usually if an opponent gets a tag its usually game over as it turns into KO.
Is it possible to get anywhere in pvp in this game without having lots of tags?

I've always played with no tags and I've never spent any real money on the game and am regularly in the top 1%.

As a beginner, you've got no money, so play a no money game. First, put together a loser squad. These are your slowest, lowest units. These 3 will fight all battles you mean to lose. You never heal them and use them even if they only have 1 hit point left.

Next, the battle. If you fight someone at your EVO or lower, you get 10 for winning, -20 for losing. If they are higher, it's -5 for losing, 10 or more for winning. So the perfect opponents are 1 EVO (or a little more) above you, or 5 or more below (because they're easy). All others, don't pay to pass; use your loser squad.

What'll happen is that you'll reach an equilibrium point where you go up a little, meet guys you can't beat, then go down a little. But you'll be gaining money. As your muts go up, you start getting more money. When you have enough, you can pay to bypass opponents you'd lose to. That'll get you to the top 1%, which is what I do.

Howard
10-22-2014, 06:37 AM
I've always played with no tags and I've never spent any real money on the game and am regularly in the top 1%.

As a beginner, you've got no money, so play a no money game. First, put together a loser squad. These are your slowest, lowest units. These 3 will fight all battles you mean to lose. You never heal them and use them even if they only have 1 hit point left.

Next, the battle. If you fight someone at your EVO or lower, you get 10 for winning, -20 for losing. If they are higher, it's -5 for losing, 10 or more for winning. So the perfect opponents are 1 EVO (or a little more) above you, or 5 or more below (because they're easy). All others, don't pay to pass; use your loser squad.

What'll happen is that you'll reach an equilibrium point where you go up a little, meet guys you can't beat, then go down a little. But you'll be gaining money. As your muts go up, you start getting more money. When you have enough, you can pay to bypass opponents you'd lose to. That'll get you to the top 1%, which is what I do.

Yes, it is possible to be in 1% without tags. I have only starting using tags a few PvPs ago; prior to that I was also able to be in the 1%

[K] Hugo
10-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Greats answers here, thanks guys.

David Deal
10-22-2014, 05:14 PM
There are some really nice people that post on the forums regularly, and I can vouch that they haven't showed up at my house asking for a room and none of them have tried posing as Nigerian prince. Don't worry about friending them.

Xerkics
10-22-2014, 10:33 PM

Thats actually really usefull thanks. i been using my best team every time. How do i tell if they are much higher evo than me? Do i go by player level? I was in top 10% before level 10 now im 24 or so and im top 80% or so pretty much everyone wrecks me heh

Btw i bought some reactor tokens and i got every single star wars character on first try! Going to make a star wars team. I hear this is very lucky.

Howard
10-23-2014, 12:31 AM
There are some really nice people that post on the forums regularly, and I can vouch that they haven't showed up at my house asking for a room and none of them have tried posing as Nigerian prince. Don't worry about friending them.

Darn, you caught me. I was waiting for an opportune time to ask for a room. I will also need to borrow some money so I can travel from Nigeria; I'm good for the money, I swear! Can't say I'm a prince, but I do have royal blood in me. I take money via Western Union.

Thats actually really usefull thanks. i been using my best team every time. How do i tell if they are much higher evo than me? Do i go by player level? I was in top 10 before level 10 now im 24 or so and im top 80 or so pretty much everyone wrecks me heh

Btw i bought some reactor tokens and i got every single star wars character on first try! Going to make a star wars team. I hear this is very lucky.

Ugh, I hate your luck with the reactor :p

You can see their EVO if you are on the computer version. It will show cumulative evo and you just need to divide is by 3. Example: 84 / 3 = 28 Evo

The good thing about not using tags is that I find you will not get matched with overly power people; you will mostly get players your own level, lower, and 1 level higher (at your respective point range). If you start using tags, it will widen you opponents to any evo at your respective point range.

Perfectly possible to get to 1% without tags; but involves many more battles (due to only gaining 10-25 per match without tags, while using tags gives you stronger opponents and thus upwards to 150 points; sometimes more)

Xerkics
10-23-2014, 01:00 AM
I see i mostly play from Ipad as i can log on break while at work and the pvp interface on ipad is nowhere near as good , also i still havent figured out how to visit friends on ipad.

DrLobo
10-27-2014, 04:49 PM
That's because you can't .... visit ... on the tablet I mean ... nor fight your friends.
that would be great though ... that and asynchronous pvp if only among friends it would be great !

The pvp info page on the tablet has some info the computer lacks too by the way ... the best would be to mix both :)

Howard
10-27-2014, 05:04 PM
All I really care for is to show EVO level on handheld. Fame is a useless parameter.

I hate having to occasionally log into facebook just to check their evo, THEN go back to my phone and start playing.

Xerkics
10-27-2014, 11:37 PM
I ended up playing PvP on facebook and pve on the tablet which is pretty inconvenient