PDA

View Full Version : a wonderful idea

Alhann Paez
10-25-2014, 10:16 PM
would be good that could be traded between users mutants, either gold or credits

Kenneth Pocaigue
10-26-2014, 06:18 AM
would be good that could be traded between users mutants, either gold or credits

Although this sounds like a good idea in theory, it would break the game.... as it would allow free low level players to get a hold of premium content far beyond their current range.. it would make all that hard work from people that participated in events and saved for reactor tokens over months to get all those strong or exclusive mutants go to waste... as they will have so much excess when they breed for higher stars or when they get duplicates that they can just toss aside... they'll just give it away to someone that didn't save or work for them... its rather unfair... even allowing the trade of currencies will be unfair as a player can build a cash cow account and be able to supply smurfs or just weaker players with an unfair advantage over their peers in fame level.. Plus it would open up for the annoying beggar trolls (yes these exist in MANY games with in game trading features) and spammers and scammers that will cause players that paid so much to up and leave.... simply to avoid all that badgering for free stuff.. Yeah... it sounds like a great idea... but should be CAREFULLY considered.. and reconsidered... and reconsidered...

Kenneth Pocaigue
10-26-2014, 01:36 PM
Although this sounds like a good idea in theory, it would break the game.... as it would allow free low level players to get a hold of premium content far beyond their current range.. it would make all that hard work from people that participated in events and saved for reactor tokens over months to get all those strong or exclusive mutants go to waste... as they will have so much excess when they breed for higher stars or when they get duplicates that they can just toss aside... they'll just give it away to someone that didn't save or work for them... its rather unfair... even allowing the trade of currencies will be unfair as a player can build a cash cow account and be able to supply smurfs or just weaker players with an unfair advantage over their peers in fame level.. Plus it would open up for the annoying beggar trolls (yes these exist in MANY games with in game trading features) and spammers and scammers that will cause players that paid so much to up and leave.... simply to avoid all that badgering for free stuff.. Yeah... it sounds like a great idea... but should be CAREFULLY considered.. and reconsidered... and reconsidered...

There's another thread somewhere that addressed this, and had some pretty good suggestions for restrictions and conditions to having an in game trade system. While I am against the idea, I do think that it can also be rewarding to the developers to add the feature with some limitations.

Amber Gardner
10-26-2014, 06:15 PM
There's another thread somewhere that addressed this, and had some pretty good suggestions for restrictions and conditions to having an in game trade system. While I am against the idea, I do think that it can also be rewarding to the developers to add the feature with some limitations.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater regarding this general suggestion for a trading sytem.

If Kobojo fine-tuned it, it would be far less game-breaking and much more fun and convenient. There are times where I've REALLY wanted to gift/send my boyfriend mutants that I continuously breed over and over again. While it's nice selling them for much needed coin, there are also times where I've wanted to gift mutants, regardless. If they put some stiff but simply restrictions on gifting and even trading, it'd be okay in my book.

Much like that idea circulating about gifting stars and/or using x number of bronze stars to create x number of silver stars, etc.

[K] Hugo
10-27-2014, 03:42 PM
Asked many times, but as explained by the psy captains previously, quite hard to implement.
But i'll make sure we discuss that again in our next meeting

DrLobo
10-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Obviously there's a big problem with trading in game ... due to the way these mutants are acquired (money or planning and very long build process)
Yesterday I was very happy by getting a bronze planet cleaner, obviously I would turn to some friend or auction house and buy or bid on a gold one if available .... that would kill a big part of the fun of the game and also will be a big loss in revenue for the game developer.

BUT

an alternate way to get some mutant you miss other than waiting weeks/month for it to reappear in pvp rewards or in the shop would be great !
- maybe a limitation in trade value per week and increasing with level ... at level 5 you could spend 500 credits in the player shop the week after if you haven't spend them, another 500 or whatever your new level is ... (numbers are given for show only, obviously if there are mutants at 20 millions in the game shop, kobojo will never let people sell these mutants for less, the difference would be availability only)
- maybe you could buy 'trade slots' to be able to offer your mutants for sale .... with a 3 limitation in max slots ... or a new building allowing you access to trade, that would be great :)

anyway a low level saving his money will obviously be able to get his hands on overpowered mutants but not more no less than forking out gold or $ ....while real payment isn't limited, auction and trading could be .... that('s what I wanted to explain.

Howard
10-27-2014, 05:08 PM
and easy way to implement trades without it breaking the game (breeding mutants for the purpose of trading, and Kobojo losing money) is to add restrictions.

- Gold cost
- Maximum amount of trades (maybe 1 every 2 weeks)
- Only trade mutants in larva form (eliminates the whole trade abuse, as bought/bred mutants go straight to the incubator)
- Minimum level to start trading (no newbie can just make and account and grab all mutants)
- Trade between friends

I actually made a fairly long thread not long ago on the board.
http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?4608-Suggestion-Implementing-trade-without-losing-money

I have yet to go through it and add more stuff