PDA

View Full Version : Some random things

Kenneth Pocaigue
10-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Dear Kobojo,
This is my first time posting so I apologize if I'm either in the wrong section or post concerns of little value.. There are a couple things I would like to address and some of them have probably been brought to attention..
1) The tag system: Lately I have been receiving horrible tags from people that have recently upgraded their evo centers and leveled stronger mutants.. Like say galactic Guardian... however, when their tag is used it is a previous tag like Autonorush.. I've experienced this before both as the tag receiver and the tag user.. I updated evo center and Leveled Colossus as my tag, yet when player "x" used it, my P-X27 came to help instead.. I'm not saying to change the way the tag system works.. but perhaps a little insight into what a person's personal tag may currently be would be most appreciated. For example.. when leveling a mutant to max level, having a short message screen saying "Mutant 'X' is prepared for battle" where mutant "X" is that last mutant raised to max level and "battle" would be if a friend calls upon you for assistance.

2) The Campaign: Ugh these things are a chore... but they are the ONLY viable way to level those mutants to max.. What sucks is when you finished the currently highest campaign rank... theres not much else to do besides PvP and those PvE events.. Or GRIND the living daylight out of a boss a player has already defeated... for no other reward aside from leveling a different mutant.. The thing is.. after a short while.. this becomes so tedious and repetitive that players are discouraged from advancing their mutants... and so leave the game till something interesting comes around.. The longer the game survives and brings revenue to you as a company, the stronger players will become... if they stick around to keep playing that is.. its called a power creep.. eventually, the highest campaigns will be useless to a player as their evo centers will surpass the levels in which the experience gains from the highest campaigns are relevant. Meaning... more grinding.. and more grinding.. for less reward.. and in order for the rewards to stay constant when the experience gain begins to curve would be through BUYING exp boosts.. The free player would not like this...and eventually the paying players.. will stop throwing money to continue this habit... This can be averted if temporarily with the reintroduction of already claimed rewards through the almighty RNG *replay value of a campaign boss for a shot at its reward but at a slight or mediocre chance of successfully claiming it*. Or it can be averted permanently with the introduction of higher tiers for campaigns with *keyword -->* DIFFERENT *<--keyword* challenges, team makeups, rewards, etc... Yeah we already faced the same lineups from normal to gold... we need new things to throw sticks at..

3) New Mutants: OMG how amazing it is that you guys make new mutants regularly and preview them... and even allow your player base to name the mutants and so much other great stuff... except.. when they come out... they are either PvP or premium content *paid stuff*... Occasionally you give some secret mutants and oh what fun is it to go searching through your possible breeding lines to get those.. but.. is that all there is to it? The standard possibilities are pretty darn awesome... a combination of every single mutant gene has already been implemented into the mutopedia.. aside from secret mutants... only things left are PvP/event exclusives or legendary... The holiday mutants are a joke.... no offense... the designs are pretty awesome, but they usually cost real money but offer very little viability in the face of normal gold star mutants.. Special requisite mutants also fall to that same detrimental category.. as they require special effort for a non viable mutant.. Oriax comes to mind.. astro magician and Nebulus might be worth the effort except.. they require TONS of money for acquisition.. Meaning these guys better be pretty damn awesome... But if they are people will scream "OVERPOWERED" or "NEEDS NERFING" which wouldn't be fair to those that actually put forth all that effort and money to claim them...Slots and reactor was a nice change.. they offered pretty good stuff and the exclusive mutants are all awesome... But what I want to get at is a tiered rarity system.. say Warrior + Zombie = Dire Despot.. and we know that occasionally you'll get a Blade Banshee from that which is rare and worth it if you do... but why not take it a step further and give another tier of rarity... Say dire Despot can be of common rarity, Blade Banshee of uncommon rarity... then something newer and slightly stronger *on par with secret mutants* as an actual rare mutant. I know ideas are hard to come by... but it would give a lot of people more breeding possibilities instead of "acquire this and breed with same gene to rank up" type of mutants.. Since legendary and PvP mutants are so widespread nowadays.. it would give one reason to try breeding those *as they are considered rare and have higher chances of producing rarer offspring* with mutants that don't share the genes in an effort to get something new... and obtainable to the free player..

4) Magnetic Keys: these thins are so cool.. you get a chance every single day to get either gold or a star... silver being the best star available... this... is pretty darn awesome... except... RNG only ever wants to give away something that frustrates the player.. like campaign passes or something.. jeeze.. how boring.. I've played daily just to try for those stars and found that... I either needed that shot of mutant goop or some extra campy passes... only once have I ever gotten a silver star in my 2-3 years of playing... not saying gimmie gimmie gimmie... but RNG sucks there... perhaps a little tweaking of the percentages would be nice... as all the stuff is randomly placed... but it SEEMS as if the places aren't set until you used the key and are learning what you picked.. if that is not the case then I do apologize... I need to learn how to read RNG for that stuff... however... I've tested picks on a single spot for weeks and weeks of play.. and never once did the gold or star find its way under that spot.. which is pretty annoying.. and random picking yielded the same results.. * yup not picking that one spot lead to having gold or a star to be placed there*....

5) Appreciation: yes I am very appreciative of the game you guys have made and thank you for striving to add more features to it... xP The level of strategy involved is pretty unique as you can ALWAYS win if you are of even levels, whether or not you have a tag.. *so long as you don't use mutants that won't get any real damage* but even if you are at a slight disadvantage... you can usually turn things around if you pick your targets carefully.. the whole gene typing aspect adds a lot of depth to the gameplay and the short, but interesting, lore gives a little insight to the inspirations behind the mutant designs... well.. aside from the obvious design and names that is.. Overall I've been a player for years, and I gotta say... things have gotten pretty interesting since I started playing... now that I'm reaching into the highest point of campaign and got a hold of some sweet legend/pvp mutants.. things are starting to cycle into repetitiveness.... which is something I don't want to happen as that is why I stopped playing a lot of great games.. I feel like advancing will end my experience with your game, but I don't want to leave as there are many possibilities for the future of this game.. I'm not an addict.. just a casual player with very little fame and a tiny evo center.. and an admiration for something pretty awesome that I've found in you guys xP Cheers and I do apologize about the long post xP

Zero
10-26-2014, 12:46 AM
1. The tag is determined by the last mutant to come out of the breeding center AND reach max level (Full XP Bar). The reason why people have inconsistent or varying tags when they upgrade their evo center is because they leveled up their other mutants first and forget to level up their tag to the new max level. Thats why its always good to max your tag when you upgrade your evo level BEFORE you level anything else.

2. That's actually a good idea.

3. All new mutants have been Legendary for purchase in the shop, which is a shame because I wouldnt mind seeing some more secret recipe mutants or a new PvE/PvP Exclusive mutant from time to time. But seeing as they want to focus all their efforts into making money as a business, it just seems like a lot of effort on their part to give it away for free.

Kenneth Pocaigue
10-26-2014, 09:08 AM
1. The tag is determined by the last mutant to come out of the breeding center AND reach max level (Full XP Bar). The reason why people have inconsistent or varying tags when they upgrade their evo center is because they leveled up their other mutants first and forget to level up their tag to the new max level. Thats why its always good to max your tag when you upgrade your evo level BEFORE you level anything else.

2. That's actually a good idea.

3. All new mutants have been Legendary for purchase in the shop, which is a shame because I wouldnt mind seeing some more secret recipe mutants or a new PvE/PvP Exclusive mutant from time to time. But seeing as they want to focus all their efforts into making money as a business, it just seems like a lot of effort on their part to give it away for free.

1) thanks for the insight on how the tag system works.. it does explain the difficulties I've had in securing a viable tag.. However, that little message still sounds like a sound quality of life improvement..

2) thanks xP

3) From a business standpoint.. they really have nothing to lose as the players are paying for essentially... air.. and air seems to be pretty expensive... but it is their business model and it is working pretty well.. Aside from the hours it would take to work out the extra coding, the only real detriment to adding an extra tier of rarity would be the frustration of the player base trying to successfully breed the new mutants. But we've seen this frustration and we've persevered to accomplish our breeding desires. The thing that really sucks is when we've hit the wall in possibility, and the only thing left for us is premium content.. Meaning we HAVE to take out our credit cards or wait for eternity for the company to throw us a new bone to chew on.. Adding more free mutants with higher degrees in difficulty for acquisition will retain the interest of the player base AND generate an interest in income. Stars are hard to come by, I mean really hard, especially for the casual player. Campaigns only have a limited amount of them, PvP/PvE season take forever to end, and the random special offer is about as rare as getting a starred single gened mutant on the first try. a Gold star costs about $10 US currency.. a little less *I may be mistaken here but there's a point* With the introduction of new "free" mutants with cool designs and decent strength.. who wouldn't want to try dropping a star or two trying for elite versions? With the higher rarity of the mutants. people may well have to drop more than a few to get them. The power gap between free mutants and Legendary mutants is slight, but still noticeable. There is still room for another tier of mutant strength in between that.. Or even between Normal mutants and PvP/PvE mutants. I'm not entirely sure how much better a secret recipe mutant is than a normal mutant, aside from novelty and design, but I do know that there is a noticeable gap in power between free mutants, Arena/PvE mutants, and Legend mutants. * at least in all that have elite versions* Which means there's more than enough room for another power tier, and it would be worth the effort as these mutants would be free and obtainable through normal breeding means. Just a little difficult to get. It will also add more depth and variety to the game.