PDA

View Full Version : Question: Clarrification on Star Breeding

Lex Black
10-28-2014, 05:19 PM
Hello, all!

I am a relatively new player of just a few weeks. I'm enjoying the heck out of the game so far, and I'm looking forward to getting to play for a long time. :)

Having said that: I've started trying to get a better understanding of the more advanced aspects of the breeding system, i.e. stars and their uses. Specifically, I'm wondering if the option to upgrade to a more desired mutant with Gold is allowable if it comes to that?

In other words: say my life's great ambition is to have a Gold Dracus Nobilus. I get my hands on the proper Silver Star breedables, say Beast and Demon. I toss them into the fraculator, chuck in a Gold Star and wait.

Now, if the end result is the much more common Medusa, will the system still let me swap it out for a Dracus Nobilis if a Gold Star is involved, or does the game not allow this shortcut? If this is the case, is it true of all stars?

Also, as a side interest, I've found a great number of breeding guides available all over the 'net, but I have yet to see where anyone has figured out probabilities of successes in various breeding attempts. Does anyone know of anyone who has done this and posted their results?

Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help. Good luck with your mutants!

Kenneth Pocaigue
10-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Hello, all!

I am a relatively new player of just a few weeks. I'm enjoying the heck out of the game so far, and I'm looking forward to getting to play for a long time. :)

Having said that: I've started trying to get a better understanding of the more advanced aspects of the breeding system, i.e. stars and their uses. Specifically, I'm wondering if the option to upgrade to a more desired mutant with Gold is allowable if it comes to that?

In other words: say my life's great ambition is to have a Gold Dracus Nobilus. I get my hands on the proper Silver Star breedables, say Beast and Demon. I toss them into the fraculator, chuck in a Gold Star and wait.

Now, if the end result is the much more common Medusa, will the system still let me swap it out for a Dracus Nobilis if a Gold Star is involved, or does the game not allow this shortcut? If this is the case, is it true of all stars?

Also, as a side interest, I've found a great number of breeding guides available all over the 'net, but I have yet to see where anyone has figured out probabilities of successes in various breeding attempts. Does anyone know of anyone who has done this and posted their results?

Thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help. Good luck with your mutants!

To answer your question about switching offspring after breeding.. you can switch offspring whether or not there is a star involved, it just costs gold to do so. Also, you cannot choose what you can switch it to. You get your main result, and an alternative for a cost, but that alternative is determined the same way the main result was..... RNG... Although with the example that you have provided, you will get either Dracolus or Medusa, and the other as an option. The price for the switch is pretty steep though.

To your second question, it is unlikely. Given the wait times for normal mutants and the increase in wait time per star rating, it is highly unlikely that people will spend the time to work out the percentages of breeding possibilities. It would require either a *emphasis here* LOT *more emphasis* of money, or a lot of accounts to match the timing and breeding outcomes. The process involved may be elementary.... but the wait times are just too absurd to experiment for the percentages. But then again... this is the internet... and people may actually find the time... which is why I'd only say "Unlikely"

Lex Black
10-28-2014, 10:20 PM
All right, that is all very good to know. Thank you for your help!

Davy Jones
10-29-2014, 03:29 PM
To answer your question about switching offspring after breeding.. you can switch offspring whether or not there is a star involved, it just costs gold to do so.

I also recommend that you don't do this. I would save your gold for buying mutants that you cannot get via breeding.