PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose behind the challenge hall?

Ulvaak
10-31-2014, 04:46 AM
I’m not sure if I understand the reason for the challenge hall. It seems to be a mix between the regular to-do list on the left of screen and the achievement section on the right of screen with an extra timed element. Could not either the regular to-do list, or the achievement section do the same thing with some simple tweaks?

The main problem I have essentially is what I could buy from the challenge hall with challenge tokens is very similar, if not the same as what I could pick up from the shop, or the reactor, or the slots (all be it with a different currency).

Basically, I just don’t see what the challenge hall really adds to the game. Am I missing something?

*side note I really think the game needs to streamline currency to just credits and gold.

Zero
10-31-2014, 06:09 AM
Iím not sure if I understand the reason for the challenge hall. It seems to be a mix between the regular to-do list on the left of screen and the achievement section on the right of screen with an extra timed element. Could not either the regular to-do list, or the achievement section do the same thing with some simple tweaks?

The main problem I have essentially is what I could buy from the challenge hall with challenge tokens is very similar, if not the same as what I could pick up from the shop, or the reactor, or the slots (all be it with a different currency).

Basically, I just donít see what the challenge hall really adds to the game. Am I missing something?

*side note I really think the game needs to streamline currency to just credits and gold.

I'd have to agree, it's so much hype for something so little and insignificant to what the game already had.

Ulvaak
11-01-2014, 03:32 AM
I just kind of feel there was a bit of a missed opportunity here.

The challenge hall could have been used for leveling up creatures one at a time by putting them through combat challenges where the player pays an amount of credit for each challenge. OR the challenge hall could have been used for buffing up particular stats for creatures depending on what challenges the player pay for.

Just a couple of ideas that came to mind. I'm sure others could come up with other amazing ideas.

Kenneth Pocaigue
11-01-2014, 10:30 AM
I just kind of feel there was a bit of a missed opportunity here.

The challenge hall could have been used for leveling up creatures one at a time by putting them through combat challenges where the player pays an amount of credit for each challenge. OR the challenge hall could have been used for buffing up particular stats for creatures depending on what challenges the player pay for.

Just a couple of ideas that came to mind. I'm sure others could come up with other amazing ideas.

Totally agree here... I'm guessing though, that this is supposed to get people to start doing more with the game, instead of just logging in to collect credits and do the daily challenge stuff... Using the lure of an exclusive mutant, the second mutant in its speed tier, they might actually have some success with this.... However, it will be temporary, and like many other features introduced into the game.... it will lose the interest of the player once they've acquired the exclusive mutant.. Also, the mutant doesn't scale with Stars and it isn't certain how it stacks up to other mutants with elite versions so the draw is only towards collectors and perfectionists.. They could have done a whole lot with the "Challenge Hall" but this is what we got.... sadlife..

Koala Kid
11-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Its great to have something new for MGG but save your challenge tokens to get the Exclusive mutant. Tip: Don't use them for those other supplies or tokens. Its tough to reach 90 tokens to get the exclusive mutant, and that will take about 2 months with just 14 missions(to earn a token) available. I think Kobojo should lessen the requirement to 50 to make more a fun realistic game.

[K] Hugo
11-03-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks for your inputs Psy Captains, i'll raise that to the game designer in charge of the feature and try to get some info about what motivated it.

Grim Jack
11-06-2014, 06:01 AM
Its great to have something new for MGG but save your challenge tokens to get the Exclusive mutant. Tip: Don't use them for those other supplies or tokens. Its tough to reach 90 tokens to get the exclusive mutant, and that will take about 2 months with just 14 missions(to earn a token) available. I think Kobojo should lessen the requirement to 50 to make more a fun realistic game.

Correction, this is a monthly event so in order to collect 90 it will take 6 months.

David Deal
11-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Yeah that's why it needs to be tiered to let those that have leveled up reap some windfall or modify the activity to be more of something to do than a grind.

John Flemming
11-06-2014, 09:07 PM

Assuming they don't offer challenge tokens as prizes from other sources, or increase the number of tokens available as rewards for higher challenge missions.

Overall I think it is a good idea that needs some tweaking.

Nicholas Hawkins
11-08-2014, 12:40 AM
It's gonna take me even longer to get the 90 tokens because I can't beat the last frigging level (100) on the campaign. I can get to 100, but haven't been able to beat it yet. Highest mutants are lvl 24 gold and they still destroy me, even with help lol Sad, I know.

Kinda have the same problem on PvP... players A LOT lower in level are kicking my arse.