PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Community Management

Kenneth Pocaigue
11-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Dear Kobojo,

I just wanted to thank you for the recent Opportunity to participate in your closed BETA experiment, and also make a couple suggestions in regards to your MGG community. This suggestion comes in a couple parts so be prepared. :)

Firstly, would it be possible to install and in-game chat feature that could allow MGG players to communicate while playing the game? It would allow seasoned players to help with the upbringing of new or novice players, and could effectively bring the community together as a whole. I understand that there are language barriers that will be really hard to overcome, and I won't suggest a translator program just for one little chat, but I would suggest delegating a couple players from each respective region to moderate and assist when those barriers present themselves. Of course a feature like those would require clear rules of engagement, and should also have the option to be active or inactive, in the event players do not wish to view an ongoing conversation. Moderators are a must for this feature, and should be unbiased and have the authority to warn abusive chatters and even ban them from using the chat feature for predetermined periods of time. Shorter sentences for minor offenses like 1 hour bans, or longer periods up to an entire day or week for excessive abuse of ToS. I believe this will help the community become close knitted and united to learn and grow the game.

Secondly, as this feature will bring the community together, it will need some Developers to pop in every now and then to monitor and gather overall feedback from the player base. I believe Hugo is currently the only one, or at least as far as I have seen, to actually come into contact with the community, and this was during the closed beta and forum activity. I mean no offense to any other devs that may have reached out to communicate, Hugo is just the only one that I have seen so far. XP

Thirdly, I believe it would be a great idea to have a group of players that the developers can directly contact to voice the concerns of the community. Not only concerns, but also to help in the decision making process to express the player perspectives. To avoid only certain people from ruling out the majority, I'd recommend having up to 5 people from each region that are willing to take on the responsibility. It is up to Kobojo as a company, whether to pay this group of people for their service, or even to provide small bonuses like small periodic amounts of gold or whatever the company decides to offer. Of course, as this is your game first and foremost, you don't necessarily have to offer anything at all. Just being apart of a player council is something worth noting. This council can be your direct connection to the players, your eyes and ears, and the conveyors of not only the player's voices... but yours as well.

Lastly, to go back to the chat system, I believe that a chat filter is necessary.... So people don't go around typing horrible things or attack others with horrible words. If you are willing to install this feature, you can count on some of your closed beta participants to help with amassing a word bank filled with unacceptable words that will be filtered.

And Finally, thank you for taking the time to read through this somewhat lengthy suggestion. Looking forward to your thoughts on the matter xP

Sincerely,
A Player, A friend, A Fan

Davy Jones
11-28-2014, 06:47 PM
I use Facebook's chat system to communicate with a few players. It works really well.

Kenneth Pocaigue
11-29-2014, 06:05 AM
I use Facebook's chat system to communicate with a few players. It works really well.

I do that as well, but the constant dings becomes rather annoying and group chats usually get leavers after a few couple thousand dings.. some leave for less.... an In-game chat system will allow communication without the constant bother and ALSO allow a player without MGG friends to actually make friends that play MGG just by playing the game. :)

[K] Hugo
12-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Hey there, interesting stuff here ! To answer your points:

- I'll suggest the chat thing for sure ! Regarding the council, we already have something like this.

- Developers are in some facebook groups, had access to the beta discussions and read the forum. They don't participate though, mainly by lack of time. This is my job to do so :)

- I'm in contact with community leaders around the world that provide me feedbacks on the current "mood" and trends in the game :)

Didit Prastiyo
12-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Hugo;15529']Hey there, interesting stuff here ! To answer your points:

- I'll suggest the chat thing for sure ! Regarding the council, we already have something like this.

- Developers are in some facebook groups, had access to the beta discussions and read the forum. They don't participate though, mainly by lack of time. This is my job to do so :)

- I'm in contact with community leaders around the world that provide me feedbacks on the current "mood" and trends in the game :)

I'm know i'm in wrong section , but can you read it ?
I'm and my friend cant play MGG in our district , we stuck in loading 49% .
Please fix it :)
Many players too cant play MGG with the same problem .

[K] Hugo
12-01-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm know i'm in wrong section , but can you read it ?
I'm and my friend cant play MGG in our district , we stuck in loading 49% .
Please fix it :)
Many players too cant play MGG with the same problem .

It's a forum to discuss, we don't fix problems here.
But we have a support team: https://support-portal.kobojo.com/Zendesk

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Hugo;15529']Hey there, interesting stuff here ! To answer your points:

Thank you for taking the time to read through that! Lols I apologize that it is so much..

-I appreciate the consideration to the thought!

-That is great the devs are in the groups, but as there are many groups, it may be quite grueling to monitor all of them. My suggestion to their activity was mainly to the Chat feature, as it will have people from all walks coming together to converse. It would definitely be a great opportunity to become more interactive with the communities. Or should I say community, as a whole.

-Wonder what the criteria is for becoming a community leader? Or a council member if applicable? xP

[K] Hugo
12-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks for your details!

Regarding your last question, community leaders are often admins of big MGG facebook groups. Apart from that, I personally contact players that i think would be great assets to better understand community's trends and expectations.