PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESTIONS : Strategy AND More

Djim33
11-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Hello,

I like very much this game, but I find it too simple and deterministic by many aspects.
Infact, you play it good or badly, change nothing most of the time.
As a result, I feel frustrated and my quality of player is useless.

My ideas:
1) Add a button to collect of all the ground (like in the portable version).

2) to take into account the 2 genes to calculate the damage given and receved:
-25%,-20%, +0, +0, +20%, +25% for the main gene against the oposite main gene
-20%,-15%, +0, +0, +15%, +20% for the main gene against the oposite secondary gene
-15%, -10%, 0, 0, +10%, +15% for the secondary gene against the oposite main gene
-10%, -5%, 0, 0, +5%, +10% for the secondary gene against the oposite secondary gene
For example:
== Sabre/Zoo agaist Mythic/Necro: +25+15+15+5=+60%
== Sabre/Zoo against Necro/Cyber: +20-15+0-15=+20%

3) "no-damaging" move (maybe at lvl20, 30, 40...) :
---- healing (self, target or group)
---- shield (self, target or group)
---- taunt (target or oponent group) for X turn
---- avoid critical (100%) for X turn
---- mutation (change oponent gene, to random)
---- stun (50% effect) for X turn
---- DOT (like poison) for X turn
---- Cure (DOT, stun, mutation, taunt)
---- avoid attack for X turn
Of course we need longer battle (in 3 to 6 turns), actualy most battle are over after 2 turns.

4) Add an evolution at lvl20/30/40..... Either increase one stat, a new attack, or an old attack that becomes super (or group) but with a penalty: like usable one only time per match for example, or on certain condition. Or, even better, let us choose what we want : example :
- add 0.5 in speed
- add 15% life
- evolve attack 1 for 15% damages
- evolve attack 2 for 15% damages

5) Customize our mutants: to be able to modify appearance and/or attacks and/or characteristics of our mutants.

6) Add the possibility of fumble: an attack can do half of its normal damage (same odd as critics)

7) Plz limit the slot to 10,000 Gold max. When a player win 400,000 Gold, the game is completely distorted by it, who will attack a player with mutants lvl70? I understand that will makes a shortfall of income for you, but it's necessary for the balance of the game (and it's a good call on long therm). Also get rid of the "Free Spin" (because it's useless, irritating and waste my time), maybe also increase the odd of usefull items (+XP, token, rare mutant....).

8) To add filters (everywhere where we can select mutants):
-- on the type of mutant (zodiac, legend, reactor, etc….)
-- stars (nothing, bronzes, silver, gold)
The filters should be combinable (example : Gold - Legend - sort by lvl)

9) it would be nice to have some sort of rarity sign on every mutant so we know if its commun, rare, legendary or whatever ....

thank for reading.

Kenneth Pocaigue
11-28-2014, 10:33 AM
some of those have been suggested several times already.. And there is a rarity sign for everything outside of common and rare mutants... it is only those that need distinguishing..However.. thats a simple quality of life adjustment that isn't necessarily needed because we can usually tell what is rare and what is not... I've made a post about this in an MGG group about breeding and odds for rarity.. I'll try to find you a link when I have time... but it really isn't so hard to figure it out... Legendary, PvP, exclusives, Zodiacs, and Holiday mutants are all marked already.. Oh and secret recipe mutants are marked.. Look in mutopedia..

The Collect all button is something thats been asked for many times...
Dual gene calculation will be a HUGE nerf to the existing heirarchy of mutants... which IS actually pretty balanced as it is.. That system will only provide real strategy when there are even more genes introduced... you'll need a LOT of types to match up and some form of exclusivity in order for the system to be viable... Meaning some gene typings need to be unique in order for there to be balance..
Is #3 on hit effects or simply the actual effect of the move? You stated non damaging... does that mean the attack foregoes damage for those effects? whatever the case.. this one was suggested before... by others including myself.. just in different forms..

For #4... it sounds nice in theory.. however.. do remember the exp gaps when leveling mutants and also the expense of leveling the evo center... new players would likely not see an evolution for months among their own mutants but will likely face it in PvP once they are in range to participate.... This will seem unfair to the newer low evo players and discourage them from taking on missions or PvP fights beyond their means.... Currently fighting higher evo players yields greater rewards... they are already higher in level... why make them impossible?

#5 another suggestion that has made its rounds... #6 doesn't mesh well with #3 as not only will you be doing less damage... you might even miss... therefor making PvP and even higher ranked missions seem like more work than fun for the more serious players.. puts too much on the plate...Evasion mechanics probably shouldn't find its way into this game... as the balancing is currently sound as it is..

#7..... it is up to a player to decide how their gold is spent... they can buy evo upgrades if they wish... they can buy exp boosts... more mutants... or generally whatever they feel like.. If one player wins the lottery... thats one player... that player has to work his mutants up to max level after upgrading his evo.. as paying for it would be too costly... and the gold will likely be useful for just one or two mutants... If you see a team you cant possibly beat... just flee.. if you know you cant win... they've already installed a feature that lets you get away without losing as much as if you continued the fight... and with team preview you can pay credits to skip fights you think you cannot win.. 1 player wins the lotter.. that player got lucky.. let them have their moment... xP

There are already filters in the game... xP Nice post, great thoughts... I'm not saying I don't like them.. Just pointing out a few things worth thinking about...

Djim33
12-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Thz Kenneth for the reply. I am aware some of these are already been posted (some by me), but i wanted to regroup them in a same place.

#3 could be both .... some move have there effect on hit, some should be the move. Depending on the impact of the effect.

#4 i don't see why more evolution can discourage new players, on the contrary, these should encourage them to lvled up.

#6 game is balanced, ok but adding more mechanisum would unbalance it .... at first, and it ether re-balance itself alone or with a few adjusment.

#7 i don't fully understand your respond. Maybe you don't get my point, or i don't get yours :lemo:. Anyway, having players that win huge amount of gold don't seems realy heathy for the game (whatever there will do with there winning gold).

#8 i know there is filters in the game now, but they don't work TOGOTHER. I mean you can't filter for stars, gene and frozen at the same time. For example i may want to see all my rare saber mutants that are frozen, sorted by name (and we don't care the reason why i want to do that...:smug:).

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-04-2014, 02:12 PM
Thz Kenneth for the reply. I am aware some of these are already been posted (some by me), but i wanted to regroup them in a same place.

#3 could be both .... some move have there effect on hit, some should be the move. Depending on the impact of the effect.

#4 i don't see why more evolution can discourage new players, on the contrary, these should encourage them to lvled up.

#6 game is balanced, ok but adding more mechanisum would unbalance it .... at first, and it ether re-balance itself alone or with a few adjusment.

#7 i don't fully understand your respond. Maybe you don't get my point, or i don't get yours :lemo:. Anyway, having players that win huge amount of gold don't seems realy heathy for the game (whatever there will do with there winning gold).

#8 i know there is filters in the game now, but they don't work TOGOTHER. I mean you can't filter for stars, gene and frozen at the same time. For example i may want to see all my rare saber mutants that are frozen, sorted by name (and we don't care the reason why i want to do that...:smug:).

xP I'll just put aside #3 as the depth of strategic play is something that I myself have suggested xP

#4 My reasoning behind it is the power gaps. If this is some temporary boost allowed once per battle, it will be only slightly noticeable. However, due to the balancing of the current system, it will become overly imbalanced between the levels of and prior to those Level tiers. Because tags are allowed in most aspects that utilize combat, this may not seem at all significant, but in the case of friend challenging, the difference the power gap of a single level will become too great to beat simply with strategy. I will move down through each suggested penalty.

A: Used once per match. The evolution boost is temporary in a match, this is probably the most benign of the bunch, however, it does allow you to build up momentum. For instance, you have an evo Level of 19 and your opponent has an evo level of 20, both players have the same mutants. 3 Project X27 for the sake of example. Your Opponent already goes first due to the higher evo AND does increased damage on the first attack! What should have been a 4HKO is now 3HKO meaning one of your mutants will fall without a critical hit, and now you are fighting 2v3.There are no tags, your mutants are slower, weaker, and frailer than your opponents... and one already has fallen. You cannot get the 2HKO on a mutant without having both critical hits! There is no way for you the lower evo to regain momentum. Even if it was just a one time use thing.

B:Conditional usage. The boost is there but ill only apply if certain conditions are met. This is entirely dependent on the conditions required. Using the previous example, let us assume the boost would be 15% damage increase when dealing "Baddass" or "Brutal" damage. Px27 already has an increase of 25% damage onto sabers, adding 15% to that will increase it to near "Brutal" damage. Since the condition would be to deal extra damage for the buff to apply, you may well lose a mutant, and take a hit to the second one. This would also end the match in the next turn regardless of your own critical hits.

C:Optional boost. I will assume this is permanent, but only one can be chosen at each level tier. This is the biggest imbalance. Again... the previous example. At level 20 you'll be apply one of the boosts, essentially upgrading your mutant. Lets say your opponent opted to upgrade their mutants' Cyber attack for +15% damage.... See Penalty B....
Let us say that your opponent Opted to upgrade their speed... well Px27 examples will likely not even care for this but for arguments sake.. Lets drop their damage down to 1 and health to about 1000... allow critical hits to the value of 2. Your opponent will have Px27s with 13 speed while yours will have 12.5.. Meaning that every so often, each of their mutants will attack twice before your next attack. Possibly increasing their attack rates by 10% to 15%... since critical hits are allowed.. it would mean you need a critical hit ratio of 35% to 45% in order to just Keep up.. that is a LOT!! But without those restrictions the speed boost will not be noticeable... Change the lineup however and you'll be crying about how impossibly over powered that .5 speed is..
+15% Health? Yeah... what took you 4 hits to kill will take you 5 or 6 now, While your opponent will still take you out in 4 hits.

The power gap becomes so much wider off those little boosts... that if you cannot progress, you will feel it as overwhelming. Of course this is just a game so once you see something that looks out of balance, you'll likely tire of getting your behind handed to you and move onto something else. This is where newer players will get discouraged and fall out of the game.

#6 There is already damage mitigation in place, adding more mitigation that applies after type mitigation will irritate players. Situations in which victory is assured, then stolen by a fumble, will likely be the talk of many groups as the fatal mistake.

#7 Jackpot winners present a very small portion of the playerbase.... Very very very small... It doesn't even matter as there are many other players that you can hit in PvP that has never won the lottery.