PDA

View Full Version : Worst update ever - Keep power ups effects OUT of the PVP or take them out completely

Christian Munive
11-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi Kobojo. You will RUIN the game for everyone and the PVP will become a WALLET FEST (well, MORE of a wallet fest than it ALREADY is) if you keep those power ups in the game and gold users are able to use them in the PVP tournament.

Increase their criticals 50%?? Reduce the criticals they receive by 75%?? WHAT?! Are you serious?

I'm sorry, but I'm really, really pissed off.

Take those power ups out of the game now. Or don't apply their effects in the PVP.

James Eze
11-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Agreed

-75% and +50% in PVP, lol. Crits are already too powerful & add a huge luck factor (fights end too fast)

Wolf Al Harez
11-21-2013, 05:58 PM
you must take those power ups from pvp or you will lose many many players

Blaskievics Roland
11-21-2013, 05:59 PM
True...they will literally RUIN the entire game,thoose from kobojo gone mad or what??

Christian Munive
11-21-2013, 07:02 PM
The reactions in the MGG facebook page also show the general disconformity with this update.

Wolf Al Harez
11-21-2013, 07:59 PM
does they look at those negative comments ?

Kian Bryant
11-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi,

Just to confirm, incase its not clear, the %'s stated are the % increase to the existing increase, not an addition, for example a 10% chance doesn't become a 60% chance, but 10% + (50% of 10%) = 15%

These Powerups have been priced to be available to most players via gold earnt in game via levelling up, completing achievements etc, and there will be ways to win these Powerups via the existing rewards systems.

Christian Munive
11-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Hi,

Just to confirm, incase its not clear, the %'s stated are the % increase to the existing increase, not an addition, for example a 10% chance doesn't become a 60% chance, but 10% + (50% of 10%) = 15%

These Powerups have been priced to be available to most players via gold earnt in game via levelling up, completing achievements etc, and there will be ways to win these Powerups via the existing rewards systems.

Yeah, but every player can not afford to spend 20 - 40 gold every day of the PVP. [EDIT: Ignore this part, everyone can get as much as they want from these items, really sorry for that sentence, didn't mean to disinform anyone] Besides, they put a "limited stock" of those power ups [END OF EDIT], so gold users can buy them all at once and could abuse them in the last days of the PVP to crush other players.

So, the PVP tournament could become either a wallet fest or a power-up fest in the last day of each PVP. Good bye strategy, good bye effort. Money talks here.

I understood the percentages correctly Kian, thanks. I never took it as a total 50% chance added to the current chance percentage of landing a critical hit on a foe. If that would be the case, I wouldn't even waste my time posting, I'd just leave, because that would be basically GAME OVER to any free player (or even to paying players on a budget).

And yeah, I was considering buying some gold to support the game from time to time, but I WILL NEVER spend tens to hundreds of dollars every month on a facebook game just to equal the odds of winning.

Considering how overpowered already paying users get to be with gold and zodiac mutants, now add a 50% more chance to to their mutants to land criticals on their opponents. Also give them protection against 75% of critical hits that may land on them. There isn't a "natural" or "normal" chance to block a critical hit that I know of, so this one is the worst offender. It just cripples the mutants of their opponents by reducing further the chance they have to get lucky and hit the sweet spot with a critical blow. And that just blows.

So, let's assume the normal chance of landing a critical is 10%. They get both power ups. What is their chance of landing a critical on me? 15%. Ok. What is my chance of landing a critical on them? 2.5%. Are they for real?!?

These items unbalance the flow of the game, plain and simple. They give unfair advantage to paying users with a fat wallet.

This is called "pay-to-win". And it's a terrible, terrible, terrible move from Kobojo's part.

White Saber
11-22-2013, 02:56 AM
In my opinion, yes it wasn't the best move from the devs. But in my logic if they were such "a greedy bastard" like everyone defines it, they will not letting it ruins the game. Besides it was still in test, if it turns out to be a bad influence to the game balance I bet they'll do something about it. I've been in game since pvp season 2 and yes, sometimes they made a quite bad decision (like at that time they strengthen the zodiac mutants after they raised its prices) but in the end they fixed it somehow so people won't be troubled with it anymore. Again based on my logic, if they were such "a greedy bastard" they will not let the game ruined.
Let's be adult people.... no matter how fun the game was, it still a business... and the first priority of business is: Getting profits as much as possible.
the question is are they dumb enough to ruin the business they has made this far? in my opinion, no they are not

Bradford Dawson
11-22-2013, 03:41 AM
This update isn't popular, is it?

Yeah, but every player can not afford to spend 20 - 40 gold every day of the PVP. Besides, they put a "limited stock" of those power ups, so gold users can buy them all at once and could abuse them in the last days of the PVP to crush other players.

Well actually, the "limited stock" is your personal stock. When you see something that says "0 in stock,' the game really means that you do not have any of that item, not that you cannot buy it or its stock is limited.

Christian Munive
11-22-2013, 03:43 AM
This update isn't popular, is it?

Well actually, the "limited stock" is your personal stock. When you see something that says "0 in stock,' the game really means that you do not have any of that item, not that you cannot buy it or its stock is limited.

Sorry mate, my mistake there. Corrected that post so people may not get the wrong impression where there is no problem.

But still... yeah... I'm really against this update. Kind of makes me sad actually. I put a lot of effort in this game in the past months.

:(

Reichstein N. Cadua
11-23-2013, 01:08 AM
i bought the power up that will increase the critical hits but WTH, no effect, eversince i bought it, no critical hits happens! argh..!!!

Tyler Jaroscak
11-23-2013, 07:40 AM
You do know that the crit chance is like 2.75% (somewhere around that area) right? even with the extra 50% thats not alot better....

White Saber
11-23-2013, 11:35 AM
I agree with Tyler... and it was prejudicing when you said "PvP became ruined because of the update"... the question is.. can you give the solid proof of the connection between the update and your loss? because as far as I concern:
1. You can't define the difference between people who bought the power ups and doesn't
2. The effect wasn't significant as you thought
3. It cannot be stacked
4. It has very limited time of effect
5. It's not that expensive so you can also bought it
and another question... how long were you in this game again? were you here since PvP season 1 or 2? because as far as I concern, this wasn't devs first "seemingly bad" decision. turns out, after they made a bad decision, they always fixed it somehow...

P.S: I've been here since PvP season 2 (with GM reward Martian Marrauder) and I've seen a lots of ups and downs of this game... what you need to understand is: It's a business.. and business priority is getting profits as much as possible.. If you started to dislike their product, the exit button is always on your keyboard buddy.

P.P.S: I'm not a gold user, just a regular free user like thousands others.

Christian Munive
11-23-2013, 04:37 PM
I agree with Tyler... and it was prejudicing when you said "PvP became ruined because of the update"... the question is.. can you give the solid proof of the connection between the update and your loss? because as far as I concern:
1. You can't define the difference between people who bought the power ups and doesn't
2. The effect wasn't significant as you thought
3. It cannot be stacked
4. It has very limited time of effect
5. It's not that expensive so you can also bought it
and another question... how long were you in this game again? were you here since PvP season 1 or 2? because as far as I concern, this wasn't devs first "seemingly bad" decision. turns out, after they made a bad decision, they always fixed it somehow...

P.S: I've been here since PvP season 2 (with GM reward Martian Marrauder) and I've seen a lots of ups and downs of this game... what you need to understand is: It's a business.. and business priority is getting profits as much as possible.. If you started to dislike their product, the exit button is always on your keyboard buddy.

P.P.S: I'm not a gold user, just a regular free user like thousands others.

Well, if the chance of critical is 2.75%, let's do the numbers:

A: Non-powered up mutant
B: Full powered up mutant

Chance of an A to inflict critical on another A: 2.75% (275 out of 10,000 - around 2 or 3 out of 100 - hits can be critical)
Chance of a B to inflict critical on an A: 4.125% (413 out of 10,000 - around 4 or slightly 5 out of 100 - hits can be critical)
Chance of an A to inflict critical on a B: 0.6875% (69 out of 10,000 - between 0 and 1 out of 100 - hits can be critical)

Again, that applies to each mutant involved in the fight, including the TAG.

Do you now see that mutants that don't use the power up get virtually 0 chance of inflicting criticals? Also, I really, really doubt the normal critical chance percentage is 2.75%. In the campaing and PVE I just noticed *A LOT* of criticals, on both sides lately.

The problem is not that much the "slight" (it's 50%, it IS significant) increase of critical hit chance for power-up users, but the crippling of the mutants that don't use the power-ups. Their normal chance of critical gets reduced to almost zero.

Yeah, it may not be that "expensive", but it unbalances the flow of the game, plain and simple. Give more power to some players, TAKE some power from other players (there's not a natural critical-hit block chance that we can speak of, so they are just crippling the chance of normal mutants to inflict criticals) for gold, and BAM, you got a nice pay-to-win game. Strategy will not mean as much as it means now. People will use the power ups especially in the last day of PVP and try to stomp each other, especially people that don't use the power up. Then it becomes "mandatory" to use the power-up, not optional.

EDIT 1: And no, I'm not losing in the PVP (yet), but that doesn't mean I can't see a bad change on the balance of the gameplay. I won't complain when I lose, I don't care, but I will if I see a change that I think is unfair.

EDIT 2: I'm not being prejudiced. If I see something that seems unfair and MAY RUIN the PVP in the future (I haven't said it already has), yeah, I'll say it. Check the thread of the release version. Lots of people see it this way, not just me and my "prejudiced" mind.

EDIT 3: What does it matter what PVP season I started playing? I have months playing, put a lot of hard work in the game since PVP season 8. Sharing the posts of MGG fb page on my wall, inviting friends to play the game, helping other players with advice on the game on the chat, sharing wiki articles, inviting people to this forum (and I do that with any social game I play, like Miscrits), let alone all the time and effort I put in the game, like all players... Do you mean that since I'm not in the game since its beginning, my opinion is less important? Or that I'm not allowed to see flaws where there are? All of our opinions matter. If anyone agrees or disagrees, that's fine.

EDIT 4: If you don't like this thread, the X button to close the window is right up there, "buddy". Wow White Saber... thought you were better than this. I'm disappointed. But your guide was great, very helpful, anyway.

Faugn Xoosef
11-23-2013, 04:45 PM
the thought of "you can buy power in gold" alone bothers me and makes me uneasy in pvp

It still sucks to me,

White Saber
11-23-2013, 07:08 PM
humm.. again, I still has faith with kobojo... I believe they still making an experiment on how things are going.. because from my experience.. I've seen worse update they has ever made... and that's raise my other point.. i'm not here to reject your opinion.. but believe me.. it wasn't the worst update.. i've seen the worse ones.. if you are wondering what were those updates are.. i'll give you some of the examples:
1. before you can freely buy an area for compound.. you need to buy "the roof" which some of it cost both 300 and 500 gold.. and then, after quite much people bought (with gold they has carefully collected) the devs suddenly made the roof is freely bought by credits.. which made many people who has bought it very angry yet they didn't give refund (as far as I concern)
2. sudden lower rate of level up gold reward... before this update people gets gold=their level up.. then kobojo decides to cut it half.. which makes many people has negatives opinion for the devs (that they were greedy bastard and such)
3. when Leohart arrives at the game... it was priced 1000 gold (which was fair for all of the players) then suddenly the price went up to 3500 gold... not only that.. the devs makes them 10% much stronger than they already are... which again.. bringing so many protest...
so again.. my point is not rejecting your opinion (I even wrote "it's not the first time the devs made a bad decision")...

sorry for making you think I was being a jerk and all.. that was not my intention
my point is:
1. Just believe in the devs... if the update will really destroys the PvP I'm sure the devs will think of something to neutralize it just like another bad decision they has already made...
2. or, if you prefer the ugly truth.. let's face it.. there's nothing we can do about it... you can do protest all the way you want.. but it keeps happening... believe me.. i've seen a protests like this each time the devs made a bad decision (which was more than once).. but it keeps happening.. I'm not really sure if the devs were reading this anyway..

and thanks for reviewing my guide... i'm glad it could help~

Christian Munive
11-23-2013, 07:21 PM
I now see your point on how there have been bad updates in the past too.

No worries... I admit I'm a bit on edge too for this situation. Don't worry, no hard feelings White Saber. Sorry if I came to be a bit jumpy too.

And... I'm afraid... you might be right that there's little we can do... we can just post opinions and pleas... at the end, if this comes to be really bad for people that can't afford to buy the power ups, it'll be a bitter "just accept it" or "quit". And that's just sad.

I do hope the devs think this over, and disable the use of power ups in the PVP. This game is pretty cool. I'd hate to see it ruined by some questionable decisions.

White Saber
11-23-2013, 07:29 PM
yeah don't worry.. based on my experience in their past bad decision.. they'll make it up somehow...
like other case such as buck maurice first appearance... many people has missed it because back then he was 1000 gold...
so the devs tried to make it up by selling him for 5M credits (which become the base of other recent legendary mutant)
or in other case such as cosmo kong ridiculous price (6400 gold!) they in the end greatly drop the price until becoming 2000 gold

all that we can do for now, is just wait and see.. because the fact is.. we also can't do anything either...
no hard hard feelings! xD

Christian Munive
11-23-2013, 09:47 PM
yeah don't worry.. based on my experience in their past bad decision.. they'll make it up somehow...
like other case such as buck maurice first appearance... many people has missed it because back then he was 1000 gold...
so the devs tried to make it up by selling him for 5M credits (which become the base of other recent legendary mutant)
or in other case such as cosmo kong ridiculous price (6400 gold!) they in the end greatly drop the price until becoming 2000 gold

all that we can do for now, is just wait and see.. because the fact is.. we also can't do anything either...
no hard hard feelings! xD

Yeah, don't worry. But there IS something that we can do. At the very least , we can voice our concerns :). If they go unheard, or we remain silent, then things may turn for the worse.

Well, only time will tell.

Michael Hamm
11-24-2013, 12:33 AM
i was upset until i saw how cheap it was. I had just leveled, and got over 40g from leveling, so i figured i should try it. I dont need to do PvP until the last day anyway (usually first day, ill use my lowbies and level them some with pvp, lose a lot, get 50 fights.) Last 12-24 hours, i just focus on having a stockpile of health pots and save my best tag teams so i can burn my way up the ladder. I only get top 3% at best, but at my level its best i can expect.

However, having these are nice for pushing through campaign.

Tyler Jaroscak
11-25-2013, 05:32 AM
Well, if the chance of critical is 2.75%, let's do the numbers:

A: Non-powered up mutant
B: Full powered up mutant

Chance of an A to inflict critical on another A: 2.75% (275 out of 10,000 - around 2 or 3 out of 100 - hits can be critical)
Chance of a B to inflict critical on an A: 4.125% (413 out of 10,000 - around 4 or slightly 5 out of 100 - hits can be critical)
Chance of an A to inflict critical on a B: 0.6875% (69 out of 10,000 - between 0 and 1 out of 100 - hits can be critical)

Again, that applies to each mutant involved in the fight, including the TAG.

Do you now see that mutants that don't use the power up get virtually 0 chance of inflicting criticals? Also, I really, really doubt the normal critical chance percentage is 2.75%. In the campaing and PVE I just noticed *A LOT* of criticals, on both sides lately.

The problem is not that much the "slight" (it's 50%, it IS significant) increase of critical hit chance for power-up users, but the crippling of the mutants that don't use the power-ups. Their normal chance of critical gets reduced to almost zero.

Yeah, it may not be that "expensive", but it unbalances the flow of the game, plain and simple. Give more power to some players, TAKE some power from other players (there's not a natural critical-hit block chance that we can speak of, so they are just crippling the chance of normal mutants to inflict criticals) for gold, and BAM, you got a nice pay-to-win game. Strategy will not mean as much as it means now. People will use the power ups especially in the last day of PVP and try to stomp each other, especially people that don't use the power up. Then it becomes "mandatory" to use the power-up, not optional.

EDIT 1: And no, I'm not losing in the PVP (yet), but that doesn't mean I can't see a bad change on the balance of the gameplay. I won't complain when I lose, I don't care, but I will if I see a change that I think is unfair.

EDIT 2: I'm not being prejudiced. If I see something that seems unfair and MAY RUIN the PVP in the future (I haven't said it already has), yeah, I'll say it. Check the thread of the release version. Lots of people see it this way, not just me and my "prejudiced" mind.

EDIT 3: What does it matter what PVP season I started playing? I have months playing, put a lot of hard work in the game since PVP season 8. Sharing the posts of MGG fb page on my wall, inviting friends to play the game, helping other players with advice on the game on the chat, sharing wiki articles, inviting people to this forum (and I do that with any social game I play, like Miscrits), let alone all the time and effort I put in the game, like all players... Do you mean that since I'm not in the game since its beginning, my opinion is less important? Or that I'm not allowed to see flaws where there are? All of our opinions matter. If anyone agrees or disagrees, that's fine.

EDIT 4: If you don't like this thread, the X button to close the window is right up there, "buddy". Wow White Saber... thought you were better than this. I'm disappointed. But your guide was great, very helpful, anyway.

Don't think your getting it... if it is 2.75% you add that 50% of what the crit chance is... so thats 1.38ish so all together with that 50% boost its only 4.13% thats not alot... your adding 50% of what the crit chance is... so even if its 10% it would only be 15% chance... not all that broken...

White Saber
11-25-2013, 06:12 AM
@Tyler: I think we already reached in conclusion about this matter from my last discussion with him.. so I think it's not wise to bringing up the debate again...

Christian Munive
11-29-2013, 04:57 AM
No problem White Saber, I'm done with the subject for good. I said what I felt I had to say, exposed the mater in question, as many players did... and that was it. Whatever good or bad thing that could happen, it's already happening. Just move on :).

Samuel Chui Undoy
11-30-2013, 02:35 AM
For me its fine if they want to buy some power ups so buy them...few of my foe in PVP have power ups and much higher level mutant but still they lost in that case i'm just lucky i guest :) hehehe