PDA

View Full Version : looking for pvp advice

Frankly Datankly
02-21-2015, 01:34 AM
As the title states I'm finally taking pvp seriously, in every part event I'm been around for I've tried just for the reactor token and struggled to stay in the 50% range. Recently at the advice of the amazing people of these forums I'm managed to get my Evo to 24 and max most of my mutants levels, which changed the whole game for me. Now I am actively trying and he managed to get to 4%so far (it jumps back up to like 6 or 7% when I don't stay on it). I only have like 10-15 high level tags for pvp and only like 4 britney so tags are a real issue for me. My defence setup tends to loose at least half the time so mainly I'm looking good for help in that category, currently using.... gold xenos, gold dues Machina and gold zena. My roster of golds is as follows.

Zena, winter xenos, winter gandolphus, enforcer (reactor), stealth bot, rakshasa,Mr marvelous (spawn), duesmachina, baron lundi, reactor techno taoist, zomborg, britney, interceptrix, deadbolt and Hanson bounty bug.

My zodiacs are as follows
Cancer, exo fish, rammerhead, prince scorpion and geminium.

My pve/pvp exclusives are as follows ( might be wrong on a couple)
Zombat, lichlock, h.u.m.a.n., sirenia, mantidroid, arachno, slashhog, blood berry

Other semi notables are as follows
captain peace, oriax, autonorush ( not gold since I ran out of stars trying. .. however I have 6 gold dead bots).

That's what I currently have to work with so any advice on my best defence team would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips forgetting better at pvp would be appreciated as well.

Grim Jack
02-21-2015, 02:41 AM
Hi Frankly.

I'd make breeding a gold Zombat a priority. Then make a team with him, Enforcer, and Interceptrix. You'll be as safe from Britany tags as possible while still having a good speeder to hopefully get your tag out first. Interceptrix has boost and can brutal Buranka if need be plus she's a decent mid-speed. Enforcer's your tank who will hopefully stand up to a Brit tag. You'd be vulnerable to a Buranka tag though. So if you think Buranka is a greater threat than Brit, I'd choose something different.

Saccho
02-21-2015, 04:52 AM
Hi

Zombat is a very good mutant to have on your defense for sure.

interceptrix has got weakness and not boost. But it's a good one too and weakness is a good ability.

zodiac are to weak against gold. I think that you can forgot them with your level : they 're good at the beginning of the game that 's all.

think to breeding in gold autonorush. With zombat and brittany you'll have a good defense.

Mr marvelous is THE best mutant. But, as all necro and galactic, is too vulnerable against britany.

Grim Jack
02-21-2015, 05:10 AM
interceptrix has got weakness and not boost. But it's a good one too and weakness is a good ability.

Oops....my bad....!

Howard
02-21-2015, 05:17 AM
Well, first off, I'll start with "save up gold until you can afford Project X27"

But until then, we will have to make do.

Speed is the name of the game; I strictly stick to anything above 5 speed; preferably over 6.25 as X27 can attack twice to anything slower. First off, get gold zombat as previously stated. Then add Interceptrix. To round out your team, I would say Gandolphus. If you find you dont run into britany too often as tags, Deadbot, Mr marv, Xenos, autonorush are good additions.

I have been in the top 100 for the past few months, starting when I was level 28. consistently at 1% since evo 25. Here are my attack teams that I have used during this time; this can give you an idea as to what I like

Autonorush-Star Trooper-Battletoad
Autonorush-Star Trooper-Terrordoll
Autonorush-Star Trooper-Zombat
X27-Azuria-Terrordoll
X27-Space Princess-Terrordoll
X27-X27-Buranka
X27-X27-(Apex, occasionally Star Trooper)

Also, with regards to defending, you will more or less lose over half of them no matter how good your team is. Due to tags.

Frankly Datankly
02-21-2015, 06:47 AM
OK I will getting x27 tomorrow, so should I use x27, autonorush, and Zombat as a team? If so as offense or defense

Grim Jack
02-21-2015, 07:14 AM
OK I will getting x27 tomorrow, so should I use x27, autonorush, and Zombat as a team? If so as offense or defense

That's a great team IF you're not worried about a Britany tag hitting you first. A good Brit will likely wipe them out in one shot.

Matthew Sherry
02-21-2015, 08:11 AM
Actually I have a PVP defense team question too.

I've got Autonorush and Star Trooper and Dezinger as my main 3 which seems to be working alright, I think my evo of 20 is whats holding me back. I could have any combo of those plus General Chaos, Zombat, Cobra Kai, Buranka, Space Princess or even Santactopus . I'm not sure which would be best. My evo is too low to even think about tanking any Britany tag, so that overpowered mess aside, what would be the best combo? I fee like Autonorush, Star Trooper and Cobra Kai would be decent but idk. Or Dezinger, Star Trooper and Zombat. Dezinger is great against all the freebee mutants going around atm like the Super Hero Reactor mutants and Oriax.

Howard
02-21-2015, 08:25 AM

As Grim stated, the team can possibly be wiped by a strong britany tag. I feel though, where you are ranking and just being in the 1% and not the top 100, britanys are less frequent. 2 X27s works like a charm, and you support it with a mythic mutant as a third. Reason behind this is it forces the ai to use britanys mythic attack, thus minimizing the damage done to your x27s.

My x27s only ever get wiped out by super super strong brit tags; burankas are more dangerous for me.

Actually I have a PVP defense team question too.

I've got Autonorush and Star Trooper and Dezinger as my main 3 which seems to be working alright, I think my evo of 20 is whats holding me back. I could have any combo of those plus General Chaos, Zombat, Cobra Kai, Buranka, Space Princess or even Santactopus . I'm not sure which would be best. My evo is too low to even think about tanking any Britany tag, so that overpowered mess aside, what would be the best combo? I fee like Autonorush, Star Trooper and Cobra Kai would be decent but idk. Or Dezinger, Star Trooper and Zombat. Dezinger is great against all the freebee mutants going around atm like the Super Hero Reactor mutants and Oriax.

Again, at this point, you probably dont have to worry about britany as much. Auto, Trooper, Kai is a nice balanced team; though slow for my liking. Whenever I run into a team like that, here is what I do. Get rid of Auto or trooper first, the remainder attacks, get rid of remainder, and weaken cobra. Cobra 1 hit kills one of my mutants, then the last 2 gang up on kai. sometimes I can even beat the tank before it attacks.

Either way though, at level 20 it should suffice, at this stage most arent really serious about their tags, they are still adopting freebie and slow mutants. but when you get to a higher evo, you will need a different team,

Matthew Sherry
02-21-2015, 08:30 AM
At around what evo will I need a different team? And what kind of team? You mean like anti Britany? Or adding X27 to the mix? Also, if Britany wasn't a thing or the problem she is, what kind of team would you set up?

I am a bottomless pit of questions I know but thanks for putting up with it and sharing what advice you have.

Howard
02-21-2015, 09:24 AM
At around what evo will I need a different team? And what kind of team? You mean like anti Britany? Or adding X27 to the mix? Also, if Britany wasn't a thing or the problem she is, what kind of team would you set up?

I am a bottomless pit of questions I know but thanks for putting up with it and sharing what advice you have.

Up to evo 20, you are mainly using oriax and captain peace. After 20 you are introduced to gold mutants, and everyone is stronger. This is where gaining the speed advantage is best.

X27 is key, as it gives you said advantage over 11.11 mutants, AND is anti britany in a way. You can look at my previous post about team configurations that I have used. With the exception of the 2 teams with 2 X27s, the rest did not account for britany. That list is actually the order of my team as it changed over time. Azuria changed to space princess with the introduction of X27.

For levels above 25 I am unsure if configurations change much; my team changed as I was stronger, but it could have also been because of the changing of the landscape of PvP. examples are Britany Era, X27 era, lightning era, along with eras were certain genes and mutants were used a lot (I kept track a while back about most common mutants I went up against, and built a team based on that.). Galactics used to rule the roost, now its mainly Sabers.

Its basically evolution and adaptation.

Jack Jones
02-21-2015, 09:27 AM
PVP advice........ hmmm well alot has been covered but i will leave two bits of food for thought.
1) Always be selective as to who you use for a tag, don't just use anyone. (i am a member and admin for a few good groups where people are encouraged to publish their fame, evo and tag so people can see what they are getting. Also a member of a brit/buranka tag only group)
2) 'Sell the dummy' By this i mean when people look at your gene pool for you defence team have a few secondary gene's of the same type...... won't fool everyone but it will fool some.

Adam John
02-22-2015, 01:45 AM
Love this advice. I'm very new to the game and struggling with PvP: Not sure what the best choices are for defense, and few high level options for attacking.

I had been looking down on the high speed, low attack level, of some of the mutants, but after reading this, I think my mind has been changed.

GeianSaid23
02-22-2015, 04:29 AM
Hello you can use this tip in battling. Please im sorry if dont need it

I suggest to kill first the slow ones because they can do lot of damage especially to mutants with high speed but low health

Frankly Datankly
02-23-2015, 01:08 AM
Thank you everyone for the advice ,while I can't afford x27 yet I have managed to get to 1%

Grim Jack
02-23-2015, 01:40 AM
Thank you everyone for the advice ,while I can't afford x27 yet I have managed to get to 1%

Excellent! Now to stay there for a week. :eagerness:

Rózsahegyi Lang Ádám
03-01-2015, 12:53 AM
Have you any advice how to get in top 1% with lvl 42 evo? i lose about 100 points / hour, all against low level people with high level brittany and buranka tags... 2xProjectX and Buranka in my defense team. Or what lvl evo need to be in top

Howard
03-01-2015, 05:23 AM
Have you any advice how to get in top 1% with lvl 42 evo? i lose about 100 points / hour, all against low level people with high level brittany and buranka tags... 2xProjectX and Buranka in my defense team. Or what lvl evo need to be in top

You can mainly fight stronger opponents, and have good tags for defense/attack. You should be at a high enough evo (I am currently evo 42, and have been in top 1% since evo 25. Since evo 25, I have always been in the top 100.

X27 X27 buranka is a pretty good team. I used it for a couple events. I now use Apex instead of Buranka

Matthew Sherry
03-01-2015, 06:04 AM
You can mainly fight stronger opponents, and have good tags for defense/attack. You should be at a high enough evo (I am currently evo 42, and have been in top 1% since evo 25. Since evo 25, I have always been in the top 100.

X27 X27 buranka is a pretty good team. I used it for a couple events. I now use Apex instead of Buranka
How would you beat your own defense team?

Howard
03-01-2015, 07:14 AM
Are you fishing for answers so you can take me down? lol jk

Well, if I were to fight against X27-X27-Apex, I would use X27, X27, Zombat if you are higher level then me. If lower I would go for a tank as cannon fodder. Tengu or pitlord can work. As for tags, Buranka tag; personally I find Buranka tags more useful, as there are more mythics used to counter britany, and thus Buranka is better.

Rózsahegyi Lang Ádám
03-01-2015, 10:18 AM
I dont know why but i always lose with 2x project X and buranka against my opponents. Using another mutants i also lose so not a lot difference between tag teams. At hight I had 1800 points now 1590, so 1% looks a bit impossible.

Now started again from 1610 points, I won 10 pvp matches in a row, and as result my point: 1605 cause few low level with high evo beat me. what to do with this?

Zanzibaarus
03-05-2015, 10:25 PM
As someone who has always struggled with PVP, I can recommend that making changes to attacking/defending teams is the way to go.

I recently made a switch from my Level 21 Stealth Bot to my Level 19 Silver Apex. It's a little bit faster than Stealth Bot and since I run a Level 21 basic Dire Despot and Level 21 Oriax along with Apex, I can cover for my DD's Mythic weakness.

Matthew Sherry
03-16-2015, 04:51 PM
Are you fishing for answers so you can take me down? lol jk

Well, if I were to fight against X27-X27-Apex, I would use X27, X27, Zombat if you are higher level then me. If lower I would go for a tank as cannon fodder. Tengu or pitlord can work. As for tags, Buranka tag; personally I find Buranka tags more useful, as there are more mythics used to counter britany, and thus Buranka is better.
Is double X27 the way then? I still haven't gotten it yet(terrible I know but it was just to expensive at 2500 gold). Why do you always suggest Pit Lord as a tank, would Britany be better? She has the most health out of any mutant in the game and she's Necro so she'd take less damage from all the Sabers. I would love to use Tengu for the massive retaliate but it's gonna take me a long time to unlock him.

Most of the times I lose is from running into a well rounded team of mid speed mutants or 2 mid speed and a Zombat/Autonorush. I see a lot of Galactic and Mythic and Cyber, often times Gargantus as well for some reason. Mr Marvelous, Bounty Bug, Autonorush, Gargantus and Enforcer is 99% of it. I guess at my evo/fame people aren't running any crazy meta set ups, I could count the number of double or single X27's I've seen on my hands. I do not have a reliable set of tags on my friends list, just a bunch of randoms, which is probably the reason for me loosing. I guess the only real way to make up for that is either add new people or just increase my evo up from 24.

My current defense team is Buranka, General Chaos and either Autonorush or Star Trooper. I feel like I'd be better off breeding a 2nd General Chaos or buying Apex rather than using a squishy 11 speed mutant since I don't have X27. The AI is so unreliable calling in tags to make any real use of them without 2 X27's.

Howard
03-16-2015, 05:58 PM
More or less. I would say over 90% of the players in the top 100 have 2 X27s, almost everyone has at least 1. The 2 X27 set is is basically having 2 fast mutants that are not 11.11 speed. On defense teams it helps to unleash a tag quicker.

Britany works too, more or less any tank that is Mythic or Necro. I have not opted for the sacrificial tank team lately, since Apex is fairly tanky itself.

And yes, in the lower parts of the PvP you see a lot more of those mutants you mentioned. The higher up you go, the more you start seeing faster teams.

ctan
03-16-2015, 06:18 PM
And yes, in the lower parts of the PvP you see a lot more of those mutants you mentioned. The higher up you go, the more you start seeing faster teams.

Which is quite... annoying, basically ruining the fun of the game because it lacks variety.

Matthew Sherry
03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
More or less. I would say over 90% of the players in the top 100 have 2 X27s, almost everyone has at least 1. The 2 X27 set is is basically having 2 fast mutants that are not 11.11 speed. On defense teams it helps to unleash a tag quicker.

Britany works too, more or less any tank that is Mythic or Necro. I have not opted for the sacrificial tank team lately, since Apex is fairly tanky itself.

Would I be better off with 2 fast mutants and Buranka then? I could have Autonorush, Zombat and Buranka. What about a Gold Slashog? I think definitely Buranka and Zombat should stay. It's just the 3rd one.

Which is quite... annoying, basically ruining the fun of the game because it lacks variety.

Maybe attack and defense teams should be limited to 1 of each mutant. That would force a bit more variety. That and some kind of tag system overhaul.

I am so dumb. I've been sitting at evo 24 for ages waiting for a sale with more than enough credits to go to 25. I just did and I now realise every ability gets a massive upgrade at 25. 25% retaliate instead of 15%? YES PLEASE. 30% boost? HELL YEAH. 30% curse? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT. This is going to make PVP much better.

Howard
03-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Would I be better off with 2 fast mutants and Buranka then? I could have Autonorush, Zombat and Buranka. What about a Gold Slashog? I think definitely Buranka and Zombat should stay. It's just the 3rd one.

Maybe attack and defense teams should be limited to 1 of each mutant. That would force a bit more variety. That and some kind of tag system overhaul.

I am so dumb. I've been sitting at evo 24 for ages waiting for a sale with more than enough credits to go to 25. I just did and I now realise every ability gets a massive upgrade at 25. 25% retaliate instead of 15%? YES PLEASE. 30% boost? HELL YEAH. 30% curse? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT. This is going to make PVP much better.

Since you don,t have X27, I would go with Zombat and either another Zombat or BattleToad to go with your Buranka.