PDA

View Full Version : Latest Challenge Mission discussion

Matthew Sherry
02-21-2015, 09:57 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's still a bit over the top towards the end? That kill 75 Galactic genes was insane, the only reason I got past that before the missions ended was because I found a stage in the PVE event with 2 Galactic mutants: Fight, kill the 2 Galactic, quit the fight, rinse repeat. Saved me time and some CP's. I think having "Win X PvP fights" where X is over 10, is also a bit much(winning anything below 10 I feel is ok). It should just be to complete them. I'm not gonna get to the 100th PVE event fight in time pretty much because of the Kill Galactic and Win 25 PVP fights. Maybe I could of gotten to it, if I had done nothing else every evening except play Mutants.

It probably isn't as over the top as it feels, it's probably just due to my evo and lower credit generation for buying CP's, but, since the Random Mutant in the Challenge hall costs 15 challenge tokens I feel like it's a bit much for players around my level or even a bit higher. It's not so much a question of evo, just how much time you are willing/able to spend on the missions. What do you guys think?

Howard
02-21-2015, 10:08 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's still a bit over the top towards the end? That kill 75 Galactic genes was insane, the only reason I got past that before the missions ended was because I found a stage in the PVE event with 2 Galactic mutants: Fight, kill the 2 Galactic, quit the fight, rinse repeat. Saved me time and some CP's. I think having "Win X PvP fights" where X is over 10, is also a bit much(winning anything below 10 I feel is ok). It should just be to complete them. I'm not gonna get to the 100th PVE event fight in time pretty much because of the Kill Galactic and Win 25 PVP fights. Maybe I could of gotten to it, if I had done nothing else every evening except play Mutants.

It probably isn't as over the top as it feels, it's probably just due to my evo and lower credit generation for buying CP's, but, since the Random Mutant in the Challenge hall costs 15 challenge tokens I feel like it's a bit much for players around my level or even a bit higher. It's not so much a question of evo, just how much time you are willing/able to spend on the missions. What do you guys think?

75 Galactics was a bit much, but 75 of the rest/most is easy, as there are stages in PvP populated by them (pitlord boss has 4 mythic, nu delhi has 4 cybers), its just unfortunately there are no campaigns with more then 1 galactic aside from supra division,

I ended up buying passes to fight alien boss (i need to train my weaker mutants anyways). along with go through the whole PvE. I did not think of your solution of quitting after beating the 2 galactic.

Win X PvP fights is fine IMO, as normally for PvP I get 10 wins a day.

Master Blaster
02-21-2015, 10:17 PM
I think you bring up some valid points, Where did you find 2 galactic mutants? I thought I scanned everything well enough to find anything better then having to fight 1 galactic 75 times in a row. The PvP fights didn't really effect me to much because I held off for a week on getting in because they seem to always end up asking for a insane amount of PvP fights to be completed for the Challenge Hall and if you've been in it for a week already all you do is anger a lot of people all over again and having them revenge your attack. lol
But yeah, I know what you mean about the Campaign Passes though. I got beat up pretty good using my passes to complete the Challenge Hall and the PvE this time. A little too much really but I survived.

Matthew Sherry
02-21-2015, 10:19 PM
It's the fact it's 25 wins as the 2nd last mission. The only reason I was able to to it was because a stupid of random people added me so I have plenty of semi-decent tags. Even still with the occasional Britany and Random Crits it took me about 30 fights to get it done. 20 is pushing it. 25 was too much.

I think you bring up some valid points, Where did you find 2 galactic mutants? I thought I scanned everything well enough to find anything better then having to fight 1 galactic 75 times in a row.
Stage 62 of the PVE event. I got lucky tbh. I stopped there because I never bother to go past 60 in any PVE event because I don't want to buy hundreds of CP's and I'm not even sure if my evo could carry me to the last few fights.

Grim Jack
02-21-2015, 10:44 PM
I may be in the minority here, and my opinion is influenced by the fact that I have 4980+ MGG FB friends sending me CP and providing over 100 GREAT tags, so bear that in mind.

I never see any mission, Challenge, Division, PVP fight....anything, as something that should be made easier. If every player could do every fight there is and win, what fun would it be? I want fights that force me to evaluate options, think about possibilities, match-ups, effects of abilities....etc. If I lose 2, 3, 5, 10 times, bummer....guess I need to keep working on it. Maybe I've reached a wall and have to wait until I'm stronger before I continue. That's where I am in Mega. Stuck. Unless I want to spend 20-45-75 gold to re-re-tag, I'm just not strong enough to beat lvl 100 muts.

So with that, I say bring on the challenges!

Master Blaster
02-21-2015, 10:58 PM
It's the fact it's 25 wins as the 2nd last mission. The only reason I was able to to it was because a stupid of random people added me so I have plenty of semi-decent tags. Even still with the occasional Britany and Random Crits it took me about 30 fights to get it done. 20 is pushing it. 25 was too much.

Stage 62 of the PVE event. I got lucky tbh. I stopped there because I never bother to go past 60 in any PVE event because I don't want to buy hundreds of CP's and I'm not even sure if my evo could carry me to the last few fights.

I can understand that, I am really kind of lucky that with a evo of 58 and a Britany as my tag I get a crazy amount of Reward cmp passes and with over 4.7k friends it keeps me over the 12k mark for passes even after the challenges. But with cmp passes being the lifeblood of the game imo I guard them jealously and use them as sparingly as possible.

Howard
02-21-2015, 11:05 PM
and then theres me, at evo 40 and 130 friends; most of which are inactive :( lol

Master Blaster
02-21-2015, 11:32 PM
and then theres me, at evo 40 and 130 friends; most of which are inactive :( lol

lol,
That can't be true, I'm sure you have tons of friends who just happen to be all the best players.

Howard
02-22-2015, 12:26 AM
lol,
That can't be true, I'm sure you have tons of friends who just happen to be all the best players.

I have 130 friends, maybe around 70 of them are active daily players, I have 40 of them are britany/buranka, and probably 10 strong 1 hitters.

I have a fairly good amount of strong players, I am just lacking the sheer amount of daily gifts like you guys who have 4000+ friends. This is my real facebook account so I dont add a lot of people.

Master Blaster
02-22-2015, 12:56 AM
I have 130 friends, maybe around 70 of them are active daily players, I have 40 of them are britany/buranka, and probably 10 strong 1 hitters.

I have a fairly good amount of strong players, I am just lacking the sheer amount of daily gifts like you guys who have 4000+ friends. This is my real facebook account so I dont add a lot of people.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat with it being my real account and being reluctant to let strangers on because I'm involved in a lot of environmental and political causes. I add new people as Aquaintances and my activist friends as Close Friends (mostly because I've known them for years) and turn off following for everyone except Close friends and family. I've really only had a few problems with me having to block people for acting like fools. Most people respect that we are only friends because of the game and otherwise would not be aware of each others existence. Have chat turned off for everyone but my Close Friends and family and I block every idiot that IM's me about MGG and hacking, It rarely happens anymore..

Kaiju Possum
02-22-2015, 05:26 PM
I may be in the minority here, and my opinion is influenced by the fact that I have 4980+ MGG FB friends sending me CP and providing over 100 GREAT tags, so bear that in mind.

Definitely in the minority... from the comments towards the last challenge mission for 50 tags, I'd say the average player has three less decimal places than you. :P

Maybe if there was a way to have game-only friends/tags without them having to also be facebook friends (many games have that)... more people would have a tag-pile like yours. ^_^