PDA

View Full Version : Done with pvp.

Jakub Topolski
11-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Yes, this is a rant thread. Since the release of reactor pvp in this game became more and more unbalanced.
Now when u step into the arena, u not only cannot rely on the diagram to help u pick your team, but even when u see that your opponent is low lvl(lvl 20 or lower) player, he can EASILY have 2 GOLD mutants with 5-6 thousands of health.
I really dont mind losing to people that spend money on gold. Just because i dont meet them often in combat. But enemy teams with 2 or even 3(!!) gold class mutants, when my team is composed of 2 bronzes and a silver?

This is RIDICULOUS.
U may think: ''Jakub, but u could spend your tokens on superheroes too".
I could, yes. But i did not, after getting hulk on 1st try. Besides, those tokens dont have 'spend me on superheroes or gtfo" written on them.

So what im saying is, that having or not having reactor gold mutants, should not define your chances in pvp.
Till season 11 i easily climbed to elite league. Last season staying in experts was a problem.
And how it shouldnt be a problem, when a lower lvl steals from u 20+++ points with his reactor team couple times a day. And u get 10 points back IF u win on revenge.

So im done with pvp. Wont have azuria and future mutants, but w/e. Fun factor is crushed by frustration factor.

Blaskievics Roland
11-25-2013, 08:44 PM
I totally agree with you....I was supossed to be in the elites,but I've only managet to get to the experts because of this!

Markus Walter
11-25-2013, 09:49 PM
you can do revenge battles? oO Hows that even possible? I thought the only way to change your opponent is by spending credits...

Michael Hamm
11-25-2013, 10:40 PM
keep in mind, the reactor mutants are weaker than normal golds. if you had 3 golds, you should be able to beat 3 reactor mutants (given they are same gene types). If you have been playing that long, then only having 2 bronze and a silver is pretty bad. PvE allows you to get a silver star without too much work (even my nephew who only has a couple bronze, and mostly no star mutants was able to get a silver star after putting in some effort). Reactor mutants are an interim until you can get real gold stars to use (and standard campaign is the best way to work your way up). Biggest effect other than stars is level, so make sure you get your levels up. Naturally as you get higher level fights will become harder in PvP because other people at your level are probably more skilled and have worked to get their gold mutants. I had terrible trouble for 3-4 seasons, this last season i finally had enough lvl 26 gold mutants made to finally push my way back to 1%

Bradford Dawson
11-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Wow, why are people being such defeatists as of late?

White Saber
11-26-2013, 12:30 AM
you know, you also had the chance on getting FREE mutant reactor too.. just go to the game news, you got 3 token, check level up city, you got another 1. reach pve level 40 and again you has it... I has 2 ID... 1 was level 91 and 1 was 21... and the 21 already has 2 gold mutants because of the trick I use and so does my luck... and both of my ID were free user

Jakub Topolski
11-26-2013, 07:11 PM
you know, you also had the chance on getting FREE mutant reactor too.. just go to the game news, you got 3 token, check level up city, you got another 1. reach pve level 40 and again you has it... I has 2 ID... 1 was level 91 and 1 was 21... and the 21 already has 2 gold mutants because of the trick I use and so does my luck... and both of my ID were free user

If u cant read and cant use BASIC english, dont raise your voice in topics that YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

Jakub Topolski
11-26-2013, 07:13 PM
keep in mind, the reactor mutants are weaker than normal golds. if you had 3 golds, you should be able to beat 3 reactor mutants (given they are same gene types). If you have been playing that long, then only having 2 bronze and a silver is pretty bad. PvE allows you to get a silver star without too much work (even my nephew who only has a couple bronze, and mostly no star mutants was able to get a silver star after putting in some effort). Reactor mutants are an interim until you can get real gold stars to use (and standard campaign is the best way to work your way up). Biggest effect other than stars is level, so make sure you get your levels up. Naturally as you get higher level fights will become harder in PvP because other people at your level are probably more skilled and have worked to get their gold mutants. I had terrible trouble for 3-4 seasons, this last season i finally had enough lvl 26 gold mutants made to finally push my way back to 1%

Do you have trouble reading?

White Saber
11-27-2013, 12:54 AM
yawn... wel all I'm saying is it's your choice to give up the pvp... and it's seems you are smart enough to do things on your own

Bradford Dawson
11-27-2013, 01:50 AM
I have yet to experience problems with the powerups. Please stop being a defeatist.

Wayne C Halverson
11-27-2013, 11:37 AM
If u cant read and cant use BASIC english, dont raise your voice in topics that YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

You know this is a French game though right? In the olde days the Kobojo page was not in English j/s

Your sounding mad n00bish. If your PvP team has stayed with bronze mutants, you should not be on the forum talking about PvP

Wayne C Halverson
11-27-2013, 11:48 AM
The reactor mutants are not as powerful as contemporary counterparts. Another person tried to point out this factor of game balance but you mocked him based on sentence structure.

To other ppl reading this N00b's post....You play long enough the magnetic key and the mystery gifts will give you silver stars. You get Silver stars if you keep trying. Those Silver Mutants will help you keep up and progress. The game balance is fair.

I was very unlucky with the reactor and got the "Hulk" more than once. The fact the prizes are useful when you a win great mutant is not a problem. The problem is OP ran with two bronze mutants.

Bradford Dawson
11-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Huh? That's no excuse. I still use Bronze mutants and I don't have the same problems. Yeah, I have a Silver Enforcer and Silver Undead Dragon helping me out, but still.

Ever since the last tourney, do you know how much harder this one is for me? It's not. It's more or less the same even with power-ups AND reactor mutants. It's not just about having strong mutants, it's also about strategy. For example, many underestimate the power of speeders like Honey Bunny and Zombat. They not only can get the first hit in, but their turns stack. They will generally get three turns before your average tank gets one. Sure, in those three turns, the tank would still likely do more with one hit than all three turns combined, but that can still be quite useful when planning strategy. A speeder has one more use: They make good tag-wasters. I've noticed a lot in PVP when an opponent uses a tag on one of my speeders, it's RIGHT AFTER the mutant using the tag killed it, which in general wastes a tag for the opponent.

It's all about taking out the biggest threat. Sometimes that's the slowest most powerful monster, other times it's the slightly faster ones. And remember, sometimes it's better to disperse damage than pile on. Calculate attack power. If your tank can attack before a creature's next turn, and can kill it, but it's still your speeder's turn, it's normally wiser to attack another mutant than that one. This game is all about knowing when to attack which monster and at what time.

Cameron TwoFifty
12-08-2013, 12:41 PM
That's a fact : the more I play, the less I can achieve in PVP, even if my mutants improve... I keep meeting people with gold mutants, killing mine at the first attack (5k ou6k !), AND an even more powerful tag team... That's not the way I was expecting the game to evolve. I think I'm done with PVP, too... And not happy about it.

Christian Munive
12-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Huh? That's no excuse. I still use Bronze mutants and I don't have the same problems. Yeah, I have a Silver Enforcer and Silver Undead Dragon helping me out, but still.

Ever since the last tourney, do you know how much harder this one is for me? It's not. It's more or less the same even with power-ups AND reactor mutants. It's not just about having strong mutants, it's also about strategy. For example, many underestimate the power of speeders like Honey Bunny and Zombat. They not only can get the first hit in, but their turns stack. They will generally get three turns before your average tank gets one. Sure, in those three turns, the tank would still likely do more with one hit than all three turns combined, but that can still be quite useful when planning strategy. A speeder has one more use: They make good tag-wasters. I've noticed a lot in PVP when an opponent uses a tag on one of my speeders, it's RIGHT AFTER the mutant using the tag killed it, which in general wastes a tag for the opponent.

It's all about taking out the biggest threat. Sometimes that's the slowest most powerful monster, other times it's the slightly faster ones. And remember, sometimes it's better to disperse damage than pile on. Calculate attack power. If your tank can attack before a creature's next turn, and can kill it, but it's still your speeder's turn, it's normally wiser to attack another mutant than that one. This game is all about knowing when to attack which monster and at what time.

To Bradford: While I do agree with you in regards that strategy is really important in MGG (in fact, is a basic requirement to have a good performance in this kind of games), there's some point in which strategy alone just can't compete with raw power (or worse, strategy AND raw power). It's all fine and dandy until a team of bronze / silver mutants face a team of gold mutants. The difference between each can be abysmal. It's not impossible to defeat them (depending on the set-up of each team), but it's not a regular feat to accomplish.

Also congratulations on not facing any problems in the recent PVP, but please have in mind that that's not the reality for every player in MGG.

To everyone else - OP is just ventilating his frustration. MGG is unbalanced to a certain degree for everybody until they reach their own conditions: certain evo center level, X number of gold mutants, etc. Then they can get gold stars in a somewhat "easier" fashion (in either the PVP or PVE), though they still are in the race to have higher evo centers and breed new gold mutants, etc, to be better than other players in terms of infrastructure.

To OP: If you really want to quit PVP... well mate, it's your call. The PVP mutants are eventually being released in the PVE as well, which is a lot easier and feasible. But as an advice, at least try to get the mutant and the lesser rewards (edit: in the following PVPs). It might be not that hard or not that frustrating for you, and you're still going to get some useful goodies. Once you have a higher level evo center and have a few gold mutants in your roof (you can get gold stars in the PVE or in the jackpot lottery)... you can give it another try then, if you feel like it. But just so you know... it's never going to be "easy", You'll still have to fight your way to Elites/Grandmasters, like everyone else.

Markus Walter
12-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Well, I met such teams too and don't rant. I also only have 1 from the super heroes...that gayish captain peace who is totally imbalanced BUT I have a selfmade silver Behemoth and Bronze Splitter and my chances to defend are 2 of 3 Attacks even without boosts. Maybe you should try to get your hands on some own breeded gold Mutants like I try. max 14 days and I'll have gold Behemoth and another week and I might have Splitter ready in that color too. I lately made myself a few base gene bronzes to do that trick and saved my gold for the stars/won 1 at the jackpot.

No matter how much you rant, your chances don't rise due to that but if you try to pull up a little strategy for your defense and a bit of good breeding for your offense it actually might work out ^^

Paul Crivea
12-09-2013, 12:43 AM
I have to agree with the sentiment that it's getting ridiculous.. almost every team I faced in the past 12 hours has a Captain Peace.. including guys lower level than me. 5-8000 points a hit.. takes the fun out of the game.
My big complaint is the having to face opponents 20+ levels higher than you.. with no chance of winning, as they have mutants with hit points 4 times yours. Nothing like being level 34 facing a guy level 63... or as a friend of mine found out, level 8 facing a guy level 59. How is that fair?

Boris Pankov
12-09-2013, 11:17 AM
I have to agree with the sentiment that it's getting ridiculous.. almost every team I faced in the past 12 hours has a Captain Peace.. including guys lower level than me. 5-8000 points a hit.. takes the fun out of the game.
My big complaint is the having to face opponents 20+ levels higher than you.. with no chance of winning, as they have mutants with hit points 4 times yours. Nothing like being level 34 facing a guy level 63... or as a friend of mine found out, level 8 facing a guy level 59. How is that fair?

Guys come on this has been discussed a million times already. I myself have stated it about a hundred times. The matchmaking has NOTHING to do with player level. It's about your arena score. Your opponent is selected from people with scores close to your own. If you've gotten high up on the ranks really quickly, expect to fight higher level players. If a high level player has held back on gaining points you may occasionally run into him if his score is close to yours.

Benjamin Wilton
12-09-2013, 03:35 PM
just need to fix the graphs before battle...

Paris Hurdle
12-09-2013, 08:15 PM
Ok, here's my two cents!

I did girl power and got all 6.

I only use the special Valkyrie because I needed a slot filled. She may be weaker than the gold, but it's not by a whole lot and she counts as a gold mutant as well.

If you're using bronzes, then read this; YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE BASHING PVP AT THIS MOMENT, IDIOT!!!!

PvP as of late is getting hot and if you don't have gold mutants, then you're as good as toast. People with silvers are struggling to keep Expert, let alone elite. We're not going to talk Grandmasters either. Just because you failed to upgrade your mutants (which was pointed out before I did) is no excuse why you can't have fun still. I enjoy the challenge and will rise to it without having to spend a fortune. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS??? It's call experimentation!

I need a Sirenia to finish my dream team. Will I get her, MAYBE!!! Will I get pissed for not getting her, Hell nah! That's why there's PvP and PvE Gold prizes. Not to mention the Gold Stars in Campaign. IF I really wanted to, I work, I'll buy me a Gold Star or two. Will I? NO!

As a free user, you're going to EARN your progression rather than to be handed to you..

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE AND GOOD DAY SIR!

Wolf Al Harez
12-09-2013, 11:00 PM
hahaha paris go easy on those beginners

Wayne C Halverson
12-10-2013, 05:19 AM
I totally 100% agree with Christian Munive he broke it down without getting rude or condescending.

The last tip I have for ppl struggling with PvP... I run two teams for PVP. I attack others with three fast mutants and defend from attacks with three really high health/hit point mutants.

Not saying this is the best strategy or anything.

But your best Mutant might be too slow for somethings.

Wayne C Halverson
12-10-2013, 05:19 AM
I totally 100% agree with Christian Munive he broke it down without getting rude or condescending.

The last tip I have for ppl struggling with PvP... I run two teams for PVP. I attack others with three fast mutants and defend from attacks with three really high health/hit point mutants.

Not saying this is the best strategy or anything.

But your best Mutant might be too slow for somethings.

Ronald Richard
12-11-2013, 08:43 PM
Having gold mutants is a must in order to go far in PvP. If you don't have any gold mutant, then you must be new to this game. You can't expect to go far with just playing a month or two. Most of the top ranker who managed to get GM are those who has played for many months, so they do deserved their place. If you're having a hard time in PvP, then you just need to take your time in leveling and collecting gold mutants. As soon as you get yourself a full team of gold mutants, then you can start talking in PvP. Of course, there's some nooby who get LUCKY and obtained gold mutants from reactor, but that doesn't mean you can't get it to. If you don't want to spend you tokens on superhero, then it's up to you. Personally, i used all tokens i get up until now on superhero, and i have managed to spin 4 times, which gave me 2 captain peace, 1 hulk, and 1 superman. Superman is a gold mutant. And captain peace, even though it's a starless mutant, it has a stats of gold mutants, so it's still good for PvP.

In fact, i think that reactor are a good addition, especially for those lower level. In current situation, there's 3 way to obtain gold stars. PvP, PvE, and shop. It's obvious that only high level player (50++) or gold users that able to complete all 100 stages of PvE. PvP keeps getting harder for nooby, since they often got matched with people with higher level than they are, so they have a hard time getting GM rank. Buying gold star with 500 golds is also hard, since golds is hard to obtained. The way they are right now would only make nooby get frustrated for not being able to do much in PvP, so Kobojo make a way for those nooby to be able to compete, which is the reactor, since they can get gold class mutants.

Ronald Richard
12-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Having gold mutants is a must in order to go far in PvP. If you don't have any gold mutant, then you must be new to this game. You can't expect to go far with just playing a month or two. Most of the top ranker who managed to get GM are those who has played for many months, so they do deserved their place. If you're having a hard time in PvP, then you just need to take your time in leveling and collecting gold mutants. As soon as you get yourself a full team of gold mutants, then you can start talking in PvP. Of course, there's some nooby who get LUCKY and obtained gold mutants from reactor, but that doesn't mean you can't get it to. If you don't want to spend you tokens on superhero, then it's up to you. Personally, i used all tokens i get up until now on superhero, and i have managed to spin 4 times, which gave me 2 captain peace, 1 hulk, and 1 superman. Superman is a gold mutant. And captain peace, even though it's a starless mutant, it has a stats of gold mutants, so it's still good for PvP.

In fact, i think that reactor are a good addition, especially for those lower level. In current situation, there's 3 way to obtain gold stars. PvP, PvE, and shop. It's obvious that only high level player (50++) or gold users that able to complete all 100 stages of PvE. PvP keeps getting harder for nooby, since they often got matched with people with higher level than they are, so they have a hard time getting GM rank. Buying gold star with 500 golds is also hard, since golds is hard to obtained. The way they are right now would only make nooby get frustrated for not being able to do much in PvP, so Kobojo make a way for those nooby to be able to compete, which is the reactor, since they can get gold class mutants.

Aamer Kastoff
12-12-2013, 01:20 AM
I think the biggest issue in PVP is that a level 29 can be forced to fight a level 43, unless he/she spends infinite silver looking for a more equal fight. I have watched my friends spend over a million just try to get a fight were the opponent was not ten levels higher; This is of course beyond absurd. PVP is obviously designed with getting people to spend real money to win, after all the company does need to make money. But do they have to be so dishonest and predatory in making their money? Unfortunately this is the state of computer gaming today.

Wolf Al Harez
12-12-2013, 06:50 AM
i will tell why your friends fight ppl in higher lvl because your friend are in high rank.
i was have the same problem before when i reach top 3% but now i dont have that problem because all ppl in my lvl are in the same rank

Ronald Richard
12-12-2013, 07:26 AM
Yes, the fact that the system matched our points, instead of our level, is what make the PvP harder. A level 30 having to fight level 80 is just unreasonable.

Wolf Al Harez
12-12-2013, 07:46 AM
the pvp is gotten better look at the top players they all high lvl which mean kobojo has take care of the hackers.

and its normal that they match players by points because if they match players by level then the rank wont be about who is stronger it will be about who is more active

Shawn BM
12-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Since the kobojo has taken care of the hackers ...pvp is fine for me .

Paul Crivea
12-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Does everyone and their uncle have a Captain Peace? Almost everyone I've faced in the past few PVP battles, including the last one had a Captain Peace.. I understand you can win him in the Reactor.. but he's taking the fun from the game.

Ronald Richard
12-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Well, a lot of people keep whining about how hard it is to get a GM rank on PvP. Then, i'll show you a SS.

It's a screenshot of my friend's mutant field. And that is all the mutants he has. The other rooftop only has medic, breeding center, and incubator. He doesn't have any other mutant. And he's still a low level, less than 20, both fame level and evo center. But you know what? He's currently has collected almost 1.4k points on global tournament, and he's currently on rank 1, among of all of my friends. And i have much level 70++ friends. Even i'm currently only possess 1.2k points. He only did 83 fights, and get 39 victories. And he's still in elite rank, meaning that he hasn't made 50 attacks yet. The only notable mutant he has is gold captain wrenchfury, which i believe only possess 3k hp at most, considering a level 20++ captain only have 4k HP, and silver medusa from reactor, which is not that hard to get. Don't forget that the mutant from reactor is weaker than their normal version (with the same star rank). How hard is it to get just a single gold mutant from reactor?

If he can do it, why can't you?

And i offer my sincere apologize to my friend whose field i put here, without his permission. I just want to show others that it's possible to get good rank, even at low level, and only relying on such mutants.