PDA

View Full Version : TAG & How to keep it. "Question"

Master Blaster
03-01-2015, 04:25 PM
I have a Question and I hope that someone here can answer it,

Right now I am leveling up all my Gold mutants to my highest evo where I will max them all out on XP and let whatever mutant that can take over my Tag in fact take over my Tag.

Then I will buy another evo and move the mutant that I want to be my Tag up and max it's XP out which will make it my new Tag.

My question is this : Will I be in any danger of loosing my Tag to any of the Gold mutants that I have maximized on evo and XP?

I know not to max out a new Gold mutant with evo and XP or it will become my Tag but what about a mutant like "Nebulas" or Special yet non gold star mutant.

And last but not least if you have 2 or more of the same kind of mutant do they both have to be maximized or does say 1 Buck Maurice maximized roll over to all Buck Maurice's and become harmless to your Tag.

If anyone knows any of these answers I would greatly appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

Thanks in advance to all who know and answer

Howard
03-01-2015, 07:05 PM
When you max out all your mutants to max XP, it is the newest mutant that you bred or bought that will be your tag.

You tag is in danger to any mutant that came after it that has max exp.

Any mutant can become your tag regardless of star. It can be no star, bronze, silver, or gold; just whichever comes last.

It does not matter if it is the same type, the new buck maurice will take over the old buck maurice.

Your tag is determined by the following factors; if a tie, move onto the next:

Highest Level > Highest Exp > Newest from your breeder/shop.

Stars, type, freezing etc do not have any affect on the determinant.

What I usually do is to bring all my mutants to max EVO but not max Exp, with exception of the PvP mutants and the ones that I tend to use in campaign. Also to avoid confusion and accidently tag change, whenever I get a bunch of new mutants that I plan on keeping (ie. after finish gold bingo, buying new mutants), I breed a new Buranka/Britany and maximize it, so whenever I accidentally maximize anything else I had before those, it will not become my tag.

Master Blaster
03-01-2015, 08:08 PM
Thank you Howard, That is by far the most succinct explanation that I have heard to date and will breed a new tag mutant immediately.
I sure wish that they would just let us choose our tag it would be so much easier..

Adam John
03-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Howard.

I have to say though, I'm not entirely sure why the game would create such a process for your tag pick. Why not simplify and just allow the players to choose the tag. What is the benefit, or balance, of having your tag based on the level and XP of your most recently bred Mutant? Is it just a problem with coding, or was there a point to it? Have Kobojo ever come out to explain their reasoning on this?

I would not be surprised if it has been suggested multiple times: Just allow the players to choose which Mutant they own to be the tag partner for their friends. Wouldn't this just clear up all confusion and make it easier on everyone?

Howard
03-01-2015, 08:47 PM
I gives people an incentive to breed a tag mutant, long with having a variety of tags. If everyone were to pick their tags, they will all be the same thing. All Britany or Buranka, before these 2 will be all Bucks. etc etc.

For people who care what their tag is, they often breed a new mutant. New breeding = sometimes buying a new star = sometimes buying more gold = more money. It also gives players an extra objective in terms of playing.

I don't mind the current tag selection method, I just don't like having weak tag surprises. They can fix this by changing profile pictures to tags, and/or allowing us to delete tags (which then will create an incentive for everyone to put in an effort of maintaining their tags).

I put in a lot of effort to have a good tag, would be nice if everyone else did the same for me.

Grim Jack
03-01-2015, 10:10 PM
I wonder how hard it would be for Kobojo to display our tag as the first mutant in the list when viewing all mutants by lvl?

Master Blaster
03-01-2015, 11:15 PM
I gives people an incentive to breed a tag mutant, long with having a variety of tags. If everyone were to pick their tags, they will all be the same thing. All Britany or Buranka, before these 2 will be all Bucks. etc etc.

For people who care what their tag is, they often breed a new mutant. New breeding = sometimes buying a new star = sometimes buying more gold = more money. It also gives players an extra objective in terms of playing.

I don't mind the current tag selection method, I just don't like having weak tag surprises. They can fix this by changing profile pictures to tags, and/or allowing us to delete tags (which then will create an incentive for everyone to put in an effort of maintaining their tags).

I put in a lot of effort to have a good tag, would be nice if everyone else did the same for me.

I'm putting in a lot of hours to make it so that when my tag is set this time that it will not change unless I want it. The one real downside that I see in this system is that I have bought many mutants in the shop but where unable to use them in the arena because they would take over my tag and they just had to sit there without me really knowing outside of leveling them up how they would work against others in PvP. I will now be a lot more selective of which mutants I buy rather then most that I would just like to try because of this and that is bad for Kobojo in that I will purchasing less. I will also keep 1 or 2 tags in reserve after know what I know now thanks to you.

Master Blaster
03-01-2015, 11:17 PM
I wonder how hard it would be for Kobojo to display our tag as the first mutant in the list when viewing all mutants by lvl?

I couldn't agree more, Something, Anything to indicate what your tag is.

Kaiju Possum
03-02-2015, 02:48 AM
Or maybe a little window by your defense team in the PVP showing your current tag mutant...

Matthew Sherry
03-02-2015, 06:00 AM

No it's a bad system and only gives an incentive to breed if you actually have the gold to do it. I don't. I bet most people who aren't super into the game and dedicated don't and would rather just max out every mutant for credits then pick a tag. Keeping it the way it is just gives more advantage to players who spend more money. The tag system is flawed system anyway and allowing people to select a tag will make it better in the short term. And yes I would like to see what the tag is rather than a facebook profile pic. I try put in the effort to make sure I have a good tag but I'm sorry I just don't have the resources to keep rebreading my Gold Buranka and I'm not going to do that.

Howard
03-02-2015, 07:37 AM
No it's a bad system and only gives an incentive to breed if you actually have the gold to do it. I don't. I bet most people who aren't super into the game and dedicated don't and would rather just max out every mutant for credits then pick a tag. Keeping it the way it is just gives more advantage to players who spend more money. The tag system is flawed system anyway and allowing people to select a tag will make it better in the short term. And yes I would like to see what the tag is rather than a facebook profile pic. I try put in the effort to make sure I have a good tag but I'm sorry I just don't have the resources to keep rebreading my Gold Buranka and I'm not going to do that.

You actually don't quite need a lot of resources to breed another tag. I actually havent bought any stars with an exception for 3 for 1 sales for gold bingo. Before that I was going already with gold stars (you get 1 per week, along with many in bingo and campaign.)

YOu dont have to breed often, On my roof I have 2 britany and 4 burankas, so basically did 4 rebreeds. 2 of the burankas I did for the main purpose of campaign (3 buranka team is pretty lethal for Supra division).

Aside from campaign passes (which I dont get too many from), having a good tag does not benefit the players who spend more money or effort on maintaining a tag. It's more of helping people out (at least for me).

Matthew Sherry
03-02-2015, 08:38 AM
You actually don't quite need a lot of resources to breed another tag. I actually havent bought any stars with an exception for 3 for 1 sales for gold bingo. Before that I was going already with gold stars (you get 1 per week, along with many in bingo and campaign.)

YOu dont have to breed often, On my roof I have 2 britany and 4 burankas, so basically did 4 rebreeds. 2 of the burankas I did for the main purpose of campaign (3 buranka team is pretty lethal for Supra division).

Aside from campaign passes (which I dont get too many from), having a good tag does not benefit the players who spend more money or effort on maintaining a tag. It's more of helping people out (at least for me).
Gold stars are 500 a piece. I'm fame 60 and still get bronze stars. You aren't guaranteed to get your mutant on the 1st try, so you could use anywhere from 1-4 stars. It might not be a lot, but it's not a small amount of gold either. I just think everyone would be happier if they could pick their tag. You wouldn't have to worry about XP, levels, re-breeding or adding tons of people to your friends list in the hopes you get a few decent tags from people that try keep it decent.

Just curious, you did 4 rebreeds to get the 4 gold Mutants, but how many attempts and stars did you use to get those 4?

[K] Hugo
03-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Interesting approach here, i'll make sure to let the game designers know about this!

Howard
03-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Gold stars are 500 a piece. I'm fame 60 and still get bronze stars. You aren't guaranteed to get your mutant on the 1st try, so you could use anywhere from 1-4 stars. It might not be a lot, but it's not a small amount of gold either. I just think everyone would be happier if they could pick their tag. You wouldn't have to worry about XP, levels, re-breeding or adding tons of people to your friends list in the hopes you get a few decent tags from people that try keep it decent.

Just curious, you did 4 rebreeds to get the 4 gold Mutants, but how many attempts and stars did you use to get those 4?

I think 3 of them were first try, and 1 buranka needed 3 tries.

Master Blaster
03-02-2015, 07:09 PM
For me outside of just letting players choose their tags and being sure that they know what their tag is which I think will help out everyone in the game on both sides of the tag is that I like to buy shop mutants to use in PvP and not to become my tag. I didn't realize till lately that if I buy a mutant in the shop with the intent to use it only as a combat mutant that it will eventually take over my tag and I will have to breed my tag of choice all over again and level it all the way up to level 62 so that I can max it out after the shop mutant has been maxed. It just seems counter productive to Kobojo to use this method because I will do much less impulse buying now because of the extra cost of breeding a new Gold Star mutant and the time and effort it will take to restore what I already had. When I obtain the Rakk 'N Ruin I will either have to go through this process again after just having gone through it or not use what looks to be a really good mutant because it will become my tag and it would be a horrible tag!

I think a good method might be that when you buy a evo level(s) the first mutant you max out on the highest level should become your tag, That way you open up a diverse selection of mutants to use as your tag and changing your tag is just an evo level away and that would also allow people like me to once again buy and try new mutants from the shop without the dread of losing my tag,

Bas Suilen
03-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Also another question, I can select all my mutant friends for a tag for a battle but I can't pick everyone for my defensive tags. Anyone knows how that works?

Jack Jones
03-03-2015, 11:05 PM
I cannot see the way tags come about changing, the reason for this being kobojo and money....... simply put if they bring out lots of mutants you want to use and hold back the good tags what is going to happen???? People want to use the new mutants so they level them up, now pvp mutants are not that good as tags (except maybe the buranka...... not convinced as i can wipe the 2 X27, buranka team easily) ..... so you end up with a crap tag and have to breed a new good tag. Well either you have to box clever or splash out....... just remember that whilst the game maybe fun all kobojo are really interested in is how much money they can make. Do you notice the double bluff they keep doing....... offer discounted gold, then offer something quite nice...... then a few days later offer something pretty awesome (no gold discount now)..... otherwise known as the sucker punch. Just call me Mr Paranoid!

Gabriel Jearu Lim
05-22-2016, 11:57 AM
One More Question. . .

If i keep Using my Other mutant (Which's XP is already maxed out. . .) To Fix it's XP to The Max again Is it gonna Change MyTag Or not? Cuz if not it would be bad for my friends If they got a bad Tag. . . its it possible to change my tag with another?

Michael Garde
05-22-2016, 09:44 PM

Britany and buranka tags are way overrated, with the change in PVP they are now a much weaker tag then compared to most mutants with a strong attack

Howard
05-25-2016, 05:34 PM
One More Question. . .

If i keep Using my Other mutant (Which's XP is already maxed out. . .) To Fix it's XP to The Max again Is it gonna Change MyTag Or not? Cuz if not it would be bad for my friends If they got a bad Tag. . . its it possible to change my tag with another?

When you increase your evo and increase its exp again, it will not affect your tag, as long as other mutants who are newer are not maxed out or any other mutants have more exp before maxing it.

Britany and buranka tags are way overrated, with the change in PVP they are now a much weaker tag then compared to most mutants with a strong attack

I agree with you since the new update. Notice how I posted that over a year ago ;)