PDA

View Full Version : Special Offers for players who financially support Kobojo

Master Blaster
03-12-2015, 01:43 AM
I'm sure I will get a lot of negative feedback on this but that's just the nature of the beast.

I would like to suggest that Kobojo acknowledge all the players who actively buy gold and supply the grease that keeps the wheels going over at Kobojo by offering a one of a kind kick a$$ mutant for a very affordable price (500 gold) or a rotating set of offers to the people who pay real money for imaginary gold. The more the person has supported Kobojo the better the deal.

Play for free players will just go on playing like they always have.

Do something to show us that you love us back Kobojo.

NOW let the criticisms begin!

ZettaX
03-12-2015, 05:04 AM
Well, it would screw up PVP for us free players. You already have "exclusive mutants", those that are sold directly for money instead of gold.

Master Blaster
03-12-2015, 06:10 AM
Well, it would screw up PVP for us free players. You already have "exclusive mutants", those that are sold directly for money instead of gold.

There would be no advancements in the game if it wasn't for people who support Kobojo, Free players reap all of the benefits that cash players pay for so why shouldn't that be rewarded? Kobojo is a business not a charity and If MGG is not financially viable they will just pull the plug on the game and turn their attentions to one of their other games that is its as simple as that.

You can't have it both ways by saying it would screw up the PvP and in the same breath say we already have "exclusive mutants" because we bought them, If that was the case it would already be screwed up and its not.

I don't mind or care that you play for free, Why should you mind or care if we get a little something extra for supporting Kobojo..
No Cash, No Game!

ctan
03-12-2015, 09:50 AM
Well this is a classic statement in free-to-play and pay-to-win games. I guess there is no real good answer, as players who pay would like to be rewarded, whereas free players would be disappointed and even more disadvantaged.

Maybe there could be ideas which could be good for both parts, but it is quite a touchy thing to do, and I doubt Kobojo would risk it.

ZettaX
03-12-2015, 03:34 PM
We don't "reap all the benefits that cash players pay for", we get a regular amount of gold. With a month or so of playing we may get a nice mutant in the shop for gold. Believe me, we can't look at a new "Legendary Box! Try your luck!" and go buy 5 of those, because gold is scarce for free players.

Want a better treatment because you pay? Oh right, you get more gold than us. Is that not enough? Damn, maybe MGG should be a pay-to-play game and be done with us "free players".

EDIT: I agree with ctan, it's the classical F2P P2W statement.

Master Blaster
03-12-2015, 04:37 PM
We don't "reap all the benefits that cash players pay for", we get a regular amount of gold. With a month or so of playing we may get a nice mutant in the shop for gold. Believe me, we can't look at a new "Legendary Box! Try your luck!" and go buy 5 of those, because gold is scarce for free players.

Want a better treatment because you pay? Oh right, you get more gold than us. Is that not enough? Damn, maybe MGG should be a pay-to-play game and be done with us "free players".

EDIT: I agree with ctan, it's the classical F2P P2W statement.

Seriously? You think that you don't benefit from the money that Kobojo receives from cash players? You think that cash players don't make ALL the advancements in the game possible or do you think that the Kobojo pays their programmers and employees with imaginary gold? So you see you do reap the benefits of cash players but you either don't understand how a business operates or you just want to cry foul over a perceived yet imaginary injustice and the fact that you can't admit that cash players keep this game up and running explains a lot! I find it hilarious that in a different thread you are saying how Kobojo is a business and yet in this thread you seem to be completely oblivious to that fact!

I didn't ask for something for nothing from Kobojo, I asked for a good deal on something. Get over it!

ZettaX
03-12-2015, 06:09 PM
I'm not saying that gold players don't support Kobojo more than free players, but you already get stuff by supporting them, you get gold.
Do you go to the supermarket and ask them to give you free candy because you buy from them? You're buying the gold, and that's what you're getting, that's about it, it's not the same as "donating". You pay and you get something in return, in this case "imaginary gold", as you put it.

Master Blaster
03-12-2015, 06:32 PM
I'm not saying that gold players don't support Kobojo more than free players, but you already get stuff by supporting them, you get gold.
Do you go to the supermarket and ask them to give you free candy because you buy from them? You're buying the gold, and that's what you're getting, that's about it, it's not the same as "donating". You pay and you get something in return, in this case "imaginary gold", as you put it.

You got it all twisted up! Like I said i'm not asking for something for nothing! The Store? Candy? Your logic eludes me, I mean I see what your trying to do but it doesn't make any sense. As for donating? You loose me there as well.
Of course I get something when I buy gold that's the whole point, I go into my pocket and pull out my hard earned money to buy gold so that I can purchase something that I want from Kobojo. Something intangible that I will never see a return on outside of this game and once the money is gone it is gone forever and I accept that fact.
Try as you may to make this a us vs them that was never my intention and referring to people who support Kobojo as pay to win players only displays your divisive thought process.
You know what the difference between you and me? I recognize how much free players contribute to the game play on MGG, The game would not be near as fun without free players while you on the other hand resent the fact that people chose to spend their hard earned dollars on the game which in return enables Kobojo with further development projects on the game and that is a big difference!
I've never heard one free player complain when they are using my tag which is in part due to my supporting Kobojo.

ZettaX
03-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Well, guess I misunderstood you after all, I'm not against people paying real money to get stuff on a game, I know I'd do it too if I could afford it.
I took it as if you were asking for some kind of retribution from Kobojo for your money, so I said you're already getting it (the gold).

About the P2W players thing, I like this game because it's exactly the opposite. Free players can get the same as gold players if they work hard for it (except for the few cash mutants, like Lincoln), I'm happy this isn't a P2W game.

All in all, it was my mistake :02.47-tranquillity:

Master Blaster
03-12-2015, 07:57 PM
Misunderstandings happen. :victorious:

Jack Jones
03-12-2015, 11:25 PM
here is an idea...... a reward scheme! Loyalty points maybe? Well ideas to consider anyway....... could be done as a separate thing, ie for every 1 (or other currency) you get points, these points can then be redeemed for decent stuff like mutant (not available for non cash players) etc etc. If the prizes are good enough it could even tempt people into spending a little.

Master Blaster
03-13-2015, 03:31 AM
here is an idea...... a reward scheme! Loyalty points maybe? Well ideas to consider anyway....... could be done as a separate thing, ie for every 1 (or other currency) you get points, these points can then be redeemed for decent stuff like mutant (not available for non cash players) etc etc. If the prizes are good enough it could even tempt people into spending a little.

That is a outstanding idea Jack, I like it much better then my original idea to tell you the truth.
Start it in another thread so it gets more attention if you want and I will be glad to support it.