PDA

View Full Version : Best mutants?

ZettaX
03-14-2015, 04:37 AM
I looked around for a bit (not much though, I admit) and didn't find any post like this, so-

In your opinion, what are the best mutants?

I for one like the Gold Bazzinger. Maybe it's just because it's the first gold legendary I got, but imo he looks cool and does decent damage, plus a decent speed and a useful ability

Kenneth Pocaigue
03-14-2015, 05:15 AM
I looked around for a bit (not much though, I admit) and didn't find any post like this, so-

In your opinion, what are the best mutants?

I for one like the Gold Bazzinger. Maybe it's just because it's the first gold legendary I got, but imo he looks cool and does decent damage, plus a decent speed and a useful ability

Depends on your definition of best..... If you are asking for usability, there are 3 currently.. Project X27, Britany, and Buranka.. Px27 has the most versatility due to her speed and damage. She is just as strong as all legend/pvp lightning class mutants with the benefit of being the FASTEST mutant currently available.. Faster tags, more frequent attacks, and great gene typing. Buranka and britany are both optimal tags, but Buranka has far more usability in actual gameplay due to its speed. 5 speed tier is actually quite good for a spread curser that has full gene coverage. Britany is generally better for tags.. but occasionally she does well in defense teams that consist of mainly tanks in her speed tier... her gene typing is horrible however, allowing her to be blocked by Sabers almost completely. There are many other Useful and strong mutants that can outshine each of these three, but it really depends on what you mean by "best"...

Howard
03-14-2015, 06:56 AM
There are many threads on this forum with this question.

It is all about your style of play and what you use it for. There is no best mutant; it is how you use it and what you surround it with

Most has been covered by Kenneth Pocaigue

X27 - Good against the Britany tags, faster then other lightning mutants
Buranka - Versatile, useful in campaign, pvp, and tag. I actually prefer Buranka tags over Britany (Britany tag is what people fear in PvP, so many teams consist of sabers, especially X27, so a Buranka tag is more useful. Buranka is severely underestimated as a tag)
Britany - Good for tag

Then there are some other useful mutants such as
Apex - Saber but with stack ability
Tengu - Extremely high retaliate

Ginu Tharakan George
03-17-2015, 12:09 AM
I had quit playing mutants for almost a year until last week and this time when I opened the game I found it heavily stacked in favour of the speedsters. Now there are a lot more speedsters faster than 10 (Hunny Bunny). With the new abilities..the speedsters have become even more powerful. So, for the PvP I suggest using a combination like X-27, Autonorush and an intermediate speed hitter like Buranka or Captain Marvel or the like. Trust me, if you have your evolution center upgraded to level 39 or above, there is no sane use of a heavyweight with speed below 3.85. I would say even speed 4 is now useless, with the fast mutants you would get a ridiculous 3 chances to attack before a heavyweight can even be used.

David Deal
03-17-2015, 05:02 AM
I had quit playing mutants for almost a year until last week and this time when I opened the game I found it heavily stacked in favour of the speedsters. Now there are a lot more speedsters faster than 10 (Hunny Bunny). With the new abilities..the speedsters have become even more powerful. So, for the PvP I suggest using a combination like X-27, Autonorush and an intermediate speed hitter like Buranka or Captain Marvel or the like. Trust me, if you have your evolution center upgraded to level 39 or above, there is no sane use of a heavyweight with speed below 3.85. I would say even speed 4 is now useless, with the fast mutants you would get a ridiculous 3 chances to attack before a heavyweight can even be used.
Completely disagree tanks become more deadly the higher level you are. All the important stats scale better.

Matthew Sherry
03-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Completely disagree tanks become more deadly the higher level you are. All the important stats scale better.
What would you think is the evo threshold for using tanks over fast mutants?

Also wasn't there a thread about abilities too ages ago? Do they increase past 25 or do they stop at that. I remember hitting a team that had a Thor on it with Buranka, Thor retaliated for something stupid like 1.5k damage.

ctan
03-17-2015, 02:01 PM
In fact retaliate is also based on genes. Let's say the thor retaliate was 1k. If it retaliates on a zoo mutant, it will be 0.5k, and if it retaliates on a mythic, it will be 1.5k.

Howard
03-17-2015, 02:32 PM
The efficiencies of abilities cap at level 25

Matthew Sherry
03-17-2015, 03:08 PM
The efficiencies of abilities cap at level 25

In fact retaliate is also based on genes. Let's say the thor retaliate was 1k. If it retaliates on a zoo mutant, it will be 0.5k, and if it retaliates on a mythic, it will be 1.5k.

Thanks for clearing that up guys.

Ginu Tharakan George
03-18-2015, 10:14 AM

I have to disagree as well. I have evo at level 50. With the Brittany/Buranka tags out there, it only matters who gets to use their tag first. And with 12.5 speed, at a high evo level, speedsters have enough life to be used like a minor tank. For example a gold X-27 of evo 45 has around 8000 life. And against a heavyweight below speed 4.17, X-27 will get 3 attacks. That is ridiculous. Then with autonorush, the game becomes pointless for heavyweights. I know, my team is filled with heavyweights since I quit playing over a year ago when abilities weren't there and speedsters weren't so ridiculously overpowered.

Every loss I have had in PvP involved teams with 2 speedsters and one intermediate speed mutant. And almost every win I had is when I had the first attack chance and got to use a Britany tag.

Ginu Tharakan George
03-18-2015, 10:21 AM
Another fact is that the 3 attacks speedsters get against tanks is not a one-time thing. Even if the tank does manage to stay alive enough to get one attack in, they will then still have to repeat the process of suffering another 3 attacks from each speedster before they can attack again. And with an average of 2.5k damage from a speedster at high evo level, 3 attacks will take out 7500 health points. And even a Buck Maurice at evo 50 has only 13500 life. So if you have two speedsteers, they will get 15000 damage before Buck can even attack..end of story.