PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Zodiac buff

Matthew Sherry
03-14-2015, 03:29 PM
There was a thread in general discussion where the idea to buff no star mutants came up, I quite liked it, here's my input.

We all know Mutants get 2 attack buffs, 1 at 10 and 1 at 15 which raise the power of 1 of their 2 attacks by 50% but after that there is nothing more which is fine for mutants you can upgrade with stars. What I would suggest is for specific mutants that aren't upgradable is to give them a 3rd buff at level 20.

The problem arises where mutants like the Zodiacs(I'm choosing them specifically because of how exclusive they seem to be) stop being useful when you reach evo level 20 since you get access to gold star mutants. You can take any breedable mutant, make it gold and it's going to be far more useful than any Zodiac. Aside from collecting this makes me feel Zodiacs are next to worthless. What I would like to see is a 3rd buff applied to Zodiac mutants when they hit level 20 which raises their damage AND health by 25%.

I'll give you the following example of Slashog and Virgon. Both have non touching genes, speed 10 and very similar stats. These stats are using breedable mutants as the base 100%. Slashog is at 110%, Virgon is at 150%. Slashog has slightly less health and more damage(If anyone else has a better 2 mutants to compare please do, I couldn't find 2 with identical stats when you raise the Legendary to the Zodiacs power level. That and mutants with touching genes don't follow normal rules so you have 4 Zodiacs to pick from instead of 12)

At level 1:
No-star Slashog has 828 health and 145 damage.
Gold Slashog has 1449 health and 253 damage.
Virgon has 1163 health and 192 damage with no other version, i.e Bronze, Silver or Gold.

If you then raise Virgons health and damage by 25% it comes in line with Slashog. All I did was multiply Virgons health and damage by 1.25, changing it from +50% stats to +75% stats.
"Gold" Virgon has 1143 health and 240 damage.

As you can see, you will never choose a Zodiac over a Gold Star mutant, which means they are sitting on your rooftop gathering dust. The Zodiac mutants are all really interesting and well designed and at least 4 out of the 12 are definitely worth using(Virgon, Cancerina, Geminium and Aquapunzel), but you just can't because they fall short of Gold star mutants.

This 3rd buff could be applied to any mutant that has no Gold version but the issue arises where mutants like Abraham Lincoln and Santactopus are already at +75% stats unlike Oriax or Captain Peace which are at +50%. That's why I'm only suggesting it for Zodiacs because it's simple and keeps the balance since you need to spend gold to get them whereas you get Captain Peace and Oriax for free.

Matthew Sherry
03-18-2015, 10:01 PM
No one has any kind of input? I guess either everyone agrees with me or doesn't care. Would be nice to see a dev post here once in a while.

David Deal
03-19-2015, 05:21 AM
Most of the no stars are for collecting. it's sad but true. Sadly they don't get playtime but the bigger issues when the gold equivalent no stars fail to scale like legendary gold stars.

Matthew Sherry
03-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Most of the no stars are for collecting. it's sad but true. Sadly they don't get playtime but the bigger issues when the gold equivalent no stars fail to scale like legendary gold stars.

Why should the only be for collecting? Why shouldn't most of them be at least somewhat usable? The Zodiacs at least, we have to spend gold to get them and they don't come around too often. I think they deserve to be worth the effort of getting them. The easy to get ones like Oriax don't have to be.

What do you mean fail to scale like Legendary's? I know Oriax and Captain Peace are 50% stronger so of course they don't. Santactopus is 75% stronger, do you mean mutants like that? I don't get how they wouldn't scale.

Paulo Carvalho
03-21-2015, 03:57 AM
Actually I think you should be able to breed Star versions of all Zodiac & other collectibles.

Take the Girl Power collection - Blade Banshee looks like Ivy Valentine from Soul Calibur and is equivalent to normal Blade Banshee with different stat distribution.

You should be able to breed her in Bronze, Silver and Gold versions - even if it didn't change her appearance.
So the same should apply to Zodiac, except Zodiac is already somewhere between Silver and Gold, so you should be able to get Gold Zodiac - again no need for different appearance.

Matthew Sherry
03-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Actually I think you should be able to breed Star versions of all Zodiac & other collectibles.

Take the Girl Power collection - Blade Banshee looks like Ivy Valentine from Soul Calibur and is equivalent to normal Blade Banshee with different stat distribution.

You should be able to breed her in Bronze, Silver and Gold versions - even if it didn't change her appearance.
So the same should apply to Zodiac, except Zodiac is already somewhere between Silver and Gold, so you should be able to get Gold Zodiac - again no need for different appearance.

I think the appearance has to be different else it's going to confuse players. But other than that letting us breed them to gold is an ok idea but I'd still prefer mine since I've already spent a good bit of gold just getting them, I don't want to waste Gold Stars.

Paulo Carvalho
03-24-2015, 05:26 AM
What I meant is that as long as I get breedable Gold Star versions of Collectibles, I don't care if they look the same or not.

Naturally it'd be better if they have different colors.

Matthew Sherry
03-27-2015, 05:37 PM
What I meant is that as long as I get breedable Gold Star versions of Collectibles, I don't care if they look the same or not.

Naturally it'd be better if they have different colors.
The less work that has to go into something the more likely it is we will see some kind of change. It's just more convenient to flat out buff the ones that need it. My original idea was to give them a 3rd buff at level 20 but why not just go ahead and change the base stats from +50% to Legendary Gold star which is 85% since Legends are already 10% better. I really want to make use of my Zodiacs and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Is there really any valid reason for them not to be equivalent to Gold Star legends?

Saccho
03-28-2015, 04:59 AM
totally agree with this idée :
some times ago I proposed to create a synergie for some type of mutant : zodiacs, video games etc etc
Ok it's for collecting but I think it's a shame that they're not use to fight.

So they could have a bonus of 6,5% for power and lifer each mutant from the same group.
Why 6,5% : zodiac have 50% more life and power than a classic mutant without star : So he's 150%.
Gold mutant are 170%. Between 150% and 170% the zodiac should grow up two time with 10% each time.
and 10% from 150% is equal to 6,5% (6,6666666...exactly)
so if you build a team with three zodiacs, they'll got the same power than a gold team.

I think it could the same for video game or monogene which couldn't be upgrade (snowmage jack O'lantern...).

and with it we could see more different team, we could see this fantastic zodiac at high level (I miss gemorph :grief: )

Paulo Carvalho
03-28-2015, 05:15 AM
The less work that has to go into something the more likely it is we will see some kind of change. It's just more convenient to flat out buff the ones that need it. My original idea was to give them a 3rd buff at level 20 but why not just go ahead and change the base stats from +50% to Legendary Gold star which is 85% since Legends are already 10% better. I really want to make use of my Zodiacs and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Is there really any valid reason for them not to be equivalent to Gold Star legends?

Well, considering to get gold you usually not only spend a Gold Star, you also have to beat RNG to get the Mutant you want, I think it's fair to assume that Zodiac and all other collectibles that you get should simply be breedable to Gold.

Girl Power Saber Banshee, Android and Honey Bunny should be breedable to Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Girl Power Grim Reapress and Demon are Bronze so they should be breedable to Silver and Gold.
Girl Power Valkyrie is Gold so no change.
Zodiac should be breedable to Gold AND considered Silver for the purpose of breeding, since they're already better than Silver.

Koen Deprez
03-28-2015, 11:26 AM
The non star mutants don't need a third buff , they just need tro be released with the same power like gold legends . That would make them more useable . For me , well , the majority of them are in cold storage now due to lack of room to put gold stars on my rooftop . As for the Reactor Mutants , those are special themed Mutants . So they're breedable mutants with a skin to match the theme . And they do intend to do less damage than the original version but do have more health ( for example , the gold Enforcer does more damage than the Superhero Enforcer , but doesn't has as much health like the Superhero does) . The only exceptions to that are GirlPower Valkyrie and SteamPunk Captain Wrenchfury .

Matthew Sherry
03-28-2015, 02:06 PM
The non star mutants don't need a third buff , they just need tro be released with the same power like gold legends . That would make them more useable . For me , well , the majority of them are in cold storage now due to lack of room to put gold stars on my rooftop . As for the Reactor Mutants , those are special themed Mutants . So they're breedable mutants with a skin to match the theme . And they do intend to do less damage than the original version but do have more health ( for example , the gold Enforcer does more damage than the Superhero Enforcer , but doesn't has as much health like the Superhero does) . The only exceptions to that are GirlPower Valkyrie and SteamPunk Captain Wrenchfury .
You're right it is simpler just to buff them to gold level. I don't actually remember my original reason, something to do with players not getting gold star mutants before level 20.

Saccho
03-28-2015, 03:30 PM
why is nobody comment my proposition ?? :grief:
snifff... I 'm disappointed... is it bad idea to creat symbiose between mutant ?

or perhaps my english is so bad that nobody understood me ... i'm sure that is it : I 'm a misunderstood !:concern:

Matthew Sherry
03-28-2015, 05:10 PM
why is nobody comment my proposition ?? :grief:
snifff... I 'm disappointed... is it bad idea to creat symbiose between mutant ?

or perhaps my english is so bad that nobody understood me ... i'm sure that is it : I 'm a misunderstood !:concern:

It's kind of complicated and would force people to use mutants they might not want to use or just don't have. My idea is much simpler.