PDA

View Full Version : how to determine your tag team mutant?

Ely Cruz
11-27-2013, 02:16 PM
My friends telling me to keep my strongest(thor) mutant as tag team for it got changed recently to a weaker mutant, but I really don't know how. Please anyone enlighten me.

Blaskievics Roland
11-27-2013, 07:19 PM
It's impossible,the game engine gives random mutants at tag attacks,you can't do anithing about it,sorry.

Markus Walter
11-27-2013, 10:42 PM
I thought the three mutants you have in your defense team are your Tag Mutants...I doubt the game chooses totally random since a lot of my game friends give me constantly the same tag and others have only 3 different ones to offer. Thats when I came up with this theory of mine ^^

I don't know if this is true though but since I have one Game Friend who always has Gold enforcer and another one who always sends Silver Behemoth there has to be a way to determine it. Both are active players and raise in levels every now and then so I doubt they only have one mutant oO

Wolf Al Harez
11-28-2013, 02:07 AM
i am not sure but i think the last one that your friend lvl up to max lvl will be hes-her tag

Blaskievics Roland
11-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Well,you speak the truth but then why my tag mutant ( lvl 20 silver pit lord) has changed to a simple lvl 18 bronze stealth bot?And after a time it changed to silver Tehno-taoist and after that to MY SIMPE ENFORCER (lvl 18 but i don't use it at all)...

Boris Pankov
11-28-2013, 09:20 AM
It has been stated by the devs that it SHOULD be the last mutant you have gotten to the highest available level. On my tag partners that I follow closley that seems to be true. I have had the oddball case of a non-star dire despot attacking from a level 70+ player but I cant say for certain. There may be glitches but the last mutant to reach highest level is what is suposed to be happening.

Markus Walter
11-28-2013, 01:27 PM
If thats really true then it sucks! They SHOULD devinetly change it so the Tags would be the Mutants you use to defend in PvP. I mean...now I never can have a clear conscience when I level up a Speeder(speed 7.14 and above) to max level. Or even better they should make it freely choosable cause otherwise its pure luck what you get and give. Atm, mine should be Silver Behemoth but that will soon be replaced by that gay Captain Peace v.v

That Method of choosing tag sucks really!

Cherry Ann Sajonia
11-29-2013, 05:59 AM
"last mutant you have gotten to the highest available level."
if that's the case, then its awful for my friends since I lvl my strongest first... anyways we'll test it later, and reply with the result.

Cherry Ann Sajonia
11-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I think it isn't last mutant you have last raised to max level... the last mutant I leveled to max was my goliath, yet I still have my ghostmonaut as tag team mutant... Or maybe, i need to wait for a server refresh, since it has just been an hour since I raised it to max level.

Surely, its not a random mutant in your defense team, my ghostmonaut isn't in my defense team.

Boris Pankov
11-29-2013, 03:08 PM
I think there was mention that the changes take place at server reset but I am not certain. Wait it out and test again.

Jakub Topolski
11-29-2013, 04:19 PM
On these forums it was already confirmed by Community Manager Kerr, that tag is the mutant that is on your EVO current max lvl, with full xp bar.

Cherry Ann Sajonia
11-30-2013, 08:11 AM
I have 5 max level mutants with full exp bar.... so can anyone confirm if its really the last mutant you have leveled to max with full exp bar.

Ely Cruz
11-30-2013, 04:28 PM
my tag team mutant didn't change after a day I leveled my last mutant to max lvl and exp bar... the only sure thing for me is that it is a max leveled mutant.

Markus Walter
11-30-2013, 09:45 PM
I guess it will be the one when you sort for Levels in the fight preparations. That would mean its a silver Behemoth in my case(hopefully for my friends). Did I say that I despise this mechanism of choosing Tag from the bottom of my heart?!

Kc Engelke
11-30-2013, 09:52 PM
The tag that comes in is the one that you have the highest lvl enough said.

Justin Vierra
12-06-2013, 08:08 PM
This could be fixed with such a simple solution. On the mutant information page where you see attack, Health, Mutosterone and XP, a simple little checkbox stating "Set as tag team mutant" or something of that style. Bam, push button, and that mutant is what your friends tag in. Not some vague and counterproductive method of having to completely ruin my enjoyment of leveling up mutants to max and destroying what my friends tag in.

Ely Cruz
12-07-2013, 03:25 PM
I had couple of max level mutants with full exp bar days before I have my cerberus maxed today... and my cerberus is now my tag team... how sad was that for my friends... from thor to ghostmonaut, turned cerberus...

Now, I still have last max lvl mutant(c'thlig) that hasn't yet maxed out the exp bar... I'll max it today, hopefully for my friends that it would be the c'thlig tomorrow.

How I wish we could have another discount for the evolution chamber, so that we could have hypothesis more clearer.

Ely Cruz
12-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Here's what I found out about tag team after the evolution discount... after the upgrade, I started few battles and then gain some exp, then I ask few of my friends to use me as tag, then I found out that the mutant who has the highest exp will be your tag, it doesn't need to be that your mutant has full exp bar... I had 3 different tags within the same day, those 3 was mutants with the highest exp respectively.

I tried to full one of my mutant(cerberus)'s exp bar, so it became my tag, then I tried another mutant to max its exp bar, yet it didn't turned as my tag... maybe, there is another factor to be find out tomorrow. I think fame level has also a factor in determining your tag... I just need my friends to wait my cooldown after a day.

Wayne C Halverson
12-10-2013, 05:25 AM
I heard it was the last mutant you leveled up also, but from experience now think the tag is totally random.

Elisabeth Success
12-10-2013, 10:52 AM
in my opinion, the highest level and the fastest one will become ur tag mutant.

if ur higher level is behemoth with 3.57 movement speed.
but the other one is zombat and bunny with lower level. still behemot will come out in ur tag team.

challenge ur friend, and see, the fastest one and the strongest one will come out as tag team.
sory for my bad grammar.

Ely Cruz
12-10-2013, 06:03 PM
I kinda lost track about fame level... probably I'll continue my research on my cousin's account.

Here's a fact I found:
•if your mutants are on the same level, and not yet maxed its exp bar, the one with the highest exp will be your tag.
•it doesn't need to be in your defense team
•the first mutant to have maxed its exp bar will be your tag, the next mutants to have have their exp bar maxed won't replace the first one as long as your fame level doesn't yet level up.(the last part is a theory for now)
•once a mutant(ex:Thor) with max exp bar became your tag, and got changed by another max level mutant(cerberus), the first mutant(Thor) won't be your tag again, unless you level up your EVOLUTION CENTER, and meet the requirements.
• when you still have mutants(any rarity- theory) that doesn't yet reached its max exp bar, it is a candidate as your tag as long as you meet the requirements(mentioned above)

Few theories left to be unfold... this coming days will surely unveil the mystery of tags.

Please help me test my theory, so we could have a solution with tag problem.

Garth Marenghi
12-10-2013, 07:08 PM
The whole tag system is a complete mess that needs to be reworked ASAP. We should be allowed to chose our tag mutant.

Ronald Richard
12-11-2013, 04:44 PM
The whole tag system is a complete mess that needs to be reworked ASAP. We should be allowed to chose our tag mutant.

A very very bad idea i must say. Why? Because it can be very abusive. Let's make an example. I have a tag friend. He used gold thor as tag mutant before, so you can be sure that i would rely on him much. But then, he wants to do some pranks, and change his tag mutant to a level 1 zombat. That caused me to lose a battle i should have won. Then i got angry at him, and want to get some revenge. So, i change my tag mutant to a level 1 honey bunny, and end up angering lots of my friends. Then they do the same, and so on. In the end, your idea would make the tag to be some kind of roulette game. You don't know when the mutant would be a strong one, or a low level speeder.

Ely Cruz
12-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Ok, my theory about fame level, is wrong, after my fame level level up, I tried to max one of my mutant(max level)'s exp bar, and it didn't alter my tag.

here's what I'm gonna try next:
•max a not yet max level mutant's exp bar, a mutant that is not yet in max level, my evolution center is currently 27, so a mutant below 27.
EDIT: this experiment failed, tried to max a level 26 mutant to 27 with full exp, and it didn't changed.

Why don't you guys, throws new theories here, and let's try it out so it could make a conclusion in no time.

Boris Pankov
12-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Great idea! I support it fully. What Ronald said about abuse will not happen simply because if somebody does such a prank he'll simply be removed as a friend and will quickly lose his tag partners. There is no shortage of people who want to add friends to the game so replacing such pranksters will be done easily enough. Add to your idea the ability to see the current player's selected tag mutant and all is good.

Garth Marenghi
12-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Great idea! I support it fully. What Ronald said about abuse will not happen simply because if somebody does such a prank he'll simply be removed as a friend and will quickly lose his tag partners. There is no shortage of people who want to add friends to the game so replacing such pranksters will be done easily enough. Add to your idea the ability to see the current player's selected tag mutant and all is good.

It is quite surprising that Ronald didn't came to this trivial conclsion (i.e. If someone "pranks" you, then simply remove & block him).

Ronald Richard
12-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes, by kicking him, you can get rid of his pranks. But remember this, the fact that you know he do pranks on you is because the damage has happened. You have lost some battles because of their pranks. Let's make an example. I'm already at level 99 of PvE, and going for the finish, but got tripped back to level 90 because of some pranks. What do you think about that? It's better now that the PvE didn't reset down after you lost a battle. But if the change doesn't happen, the damage it gave would be severe, especially if we're already out of time.

I understand that you want to make some improvement for PvP, and i agree with that. But at least, the improvement should be one with no risk of abuse. The fact that it can be abused means that it has a flaw. A flawed system would only ended up with another complaints. If you want the tag to be chosen by players, then it should at least have a limitation. For example, the computer choose 3 out of all of your highest level mutant, and then you choose which one to take. That way, at least you still get a reasonable mutant, instead of level 1 speedster.

Boris Pankov
12-11-2013, 10:42 PM
You dont lose "battleS" you lose "a battle" maybe two at most before you kick such a player. And that's even assuming there's such a prankster in your list of friends to begin with. Also as you yourself pointed out people no longer get brought down in pve so it doesnt matter. If we have to get technical for the lvl 99 battle of the PvE ladder you'd probably use your highest level ally or the guy with the strognest mtuants, which would assume they are serious players which would assume they wont goof around pulling such pranks on people.

Abuse is usually used to desribe a practice that takes advantage of a glitch or bad game design that regular players can do nothnig about. Since such a player can be immediately removed there can be no abuse. As I also mentioned if my idea for revealing the tag partner gets implemented such "abuse" gets completely voided.

I'll agree for the game to give you a roster of higher level mutants to choose from but I very much doubt it would be needed.

Franklyn Musgrave
12-12-2013, 12:51 AM
I can see how choosing the tag could be abused, but it's gonna happen anyway unless you stop leveling your mutants or obsessively micromanage your leveling. I've had several high level tags that turned out to be zombats, and it's obvious that it's unintentional because they are level 20 gold zombats(which are used in pvp,) and not some normal trash mutant. So I'm not hugely worried about prankers, or people trying to handicap pvp competitors, or people trying to show off some nub mutant...I think choosing would be nice, and in the end might even strengthen the social aspect once the "pranksters" and such are shunned.

If it continues to be automated, I would prefer the game choose my mutant with the strongest attack or highest HP rather than level.

Wolf Al Harez
12-12-2013, 07:10 AM
i dont think it a good idea because this will gave Advantage to attacker they can choose the tag they want while defense players cant. even if they ask help from high lvl players only.because they may use the wrong tag for example : you attack a player and use your tag and kill one because you do brutal damage and then he use hes tag and Goliath come vs your behemoth and deal low damage

Ronald Richard
12-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Yes, i would only lose 1 battle if i immediately kicked him. But what i meant by losing battles is, if there's more than 1 prankster in my friend list. Yes, when i'm having such an important battle, of course i would use my best resource, and my best tag. But still, we're dealing with other human here. You can't be sure when they would play seriously, or when would they create a mess. Even players that's usually so serious might messed up. That's just a human nature.

I've played other games before, and i often seen a high level players making pranks on others, even though considering the efforts they have spent on the game, they should have been playing the game seriously. And who can guarantee that your tag would always use their strongest mutant as their tag? They might have some urge to change it to a mere gold zombat or any speedster, due to their preference of mutant or something. Even though it's not as bothersome as when they put a level 1 zombat, but it's still bothersome. After all, they have the chance to decide our fate in a battle. Truth be told, i prefer boris's idea rather than this one, even though i don't really like his idea. It's not that i don't want to trust my friends, but the thing is, no human can be 100% trustworthy. Unlike machine, humans have feeling, which may determined what action they will choose, whether it's good or bad. Especially, since you might not even know who your tag friend is. Most of my tag friends are those which i found from MGG facebook page, and of course, i don't know them personally, or even met.

The reason why you want to change the current system is because you saw a flaw existed. It's flaw is, because our fate was decided by the machine (system), who gave us random mutants. This new idea flaw is, that our fate was decided by other players. So, what's the point of changing the system to another system which has a flaw as well? We should try looking for the best system, as flawless as possible. And I prefer a system where our fate was decided by our own hand, not by others.

Wolf Al Harez
12-12-2013, 07:35 AM
the best tag system is the one that is already in the game
and for ppl who say that tag Determine the winner you are wrong i sometimes got a bad tag (gold honey bonny or gold lichlock)and they got a good tag (Goliath) and still i win the battle

Boris Pankov
12-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Tags VERY OFTEN determine the winer and there's really no question about that. If you get a gold behemoth and the other guy gets a gold zombat nothing short of a miracle will be needed to help him win. If you could win with a bad tag then it wasnt an even match to begin with.

I aknowledge the argument that it will give the attacker an advantage and that's true but I personally think attackers should have the advantage. Aggressive play in the tournament should be encouraged instead of stomping enough small fries to qualify and then hiding in a corner until the tourney is over. The tag system is in dire need of improvement but with the current series of problems with disapearing friends, multiple tags being put in cooldown etc, there's more important problems to take care of first.

Wolf Al Harez
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM
theres a miracle called (critical) and the match was a strong one and the attacker already have an advantage because they can control they're mutant
the only thing that we both agree thats theres more problems to take care of first

Boris Pankov
12-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Let me put it this way. A critical is double damage so it can grant an additional lets say 6k dmg at high level golds. But it's rare and unpredictable. You may get a critical hit (as often happens for me) on an enemy with less than 1k hp which makes it kinda useless. Tags on the other hand you can decide when to use and that is what makes them superior to criticals which is why the discussion is about tags and not crits. I've personally lost very close fights to freak crits for the opponent but it's been a lot more rare than having a bad tag that just barely doesnt kill the enemy and all goes downhill from there.

Ely Cruz
12-12-2013, 06:47 PM
This game uses logic, the simple trick to win against formidable enemy is to choose the right tag... I've been taking notes(in notepad) of all friends' tag mutant, so that when going in PVE i wouldn't mess up, I do update them regularly. Even in PVP, its still a trump card most of the time. Weak tag mutants are often used for heal.

Critical is another story.

Anyway, this far we could say that its really complicated to set a tag with the current system... though the problem left to be solve is when/how/what is needed to replace a max level mutant tag of yours, "the missing link". My findings was almost correct, but the theories just need the "missing link".

level27 maxed exp bar thor, got replaced by a lvl27 maxed bar c'thlig after my fame level up by one, the thor first had maxed its exp bar... now I had more than 5 mutants that is max level and have their exp bar full, I had 3 fame level up, but I still have my c'thlig as my tag.

Wolf Al Harez
12-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Let me put it this way. A critical is double damage so it can grant an additional lets say 6k dmg at high level golds. But it's rare and unpredictable. You may get a critical hit (as often happens for me) on an enemy with less than 1k hp which makes it kinda useless. Tags on the other hand you can decide when to use and that is what makes them superior to criticals which is why the discussion is about tags and not crits. I've personally lost very close fights to freak crits for the opponent but it's been a lot more rare than having a bad tag that just barely doesnt kill the enemy and all goes downhill from there.

i never lose because of my tag i always lose because of those critical hit. yeah sometimes i got bad tag and i lose but he did not use tag so i cant blame my tag in that lose.
oh another thing : critical hits are not rare with me i take at least 1 per 2 fight i guess im the only who have this bad luck

Ronald Richard
12-13-2013, 09:49 AM
What i want to be change is, the order of when the opponent use their tag. It varies between the first and second turn. If they use it on second turn, they mostly used the tag on a mutant which is already dying, which makes the tag is complete waste. But when they use it on first turn, they could also kill my mutant in 1 turn, which often caused me a defeat. I hope they would fixed the opponent's tag use at second turn.

Boris Pankov
12-13-2013, 11:28 AM
i never lose because of my tag i always lose because of those critical hit. yeah sometimes i got bad tag and i lose but he did not use tag so i cant blame my tag in that lose.
oh another thing : critical hits are not rare with me i take at least 1 per 2 fight i guess im the only who have this bad luck

Never lose because of tags? I find that hard to believe unless you are extremely lucky with your tag partners. On another note criticals occur 5 (or was it 10?) % of the time which makes them very rare. Maybe this is where your luck balances out for the tag thing lol.

Boris Pankov
12-13-2013, 11:30 AM
What i want to be change is, the order of when the opponent use their tag. It varies between the first and second turn. If they use it on second turn, they mostly used the tag on a mutant which is already dying, which makes the tag is complete waste. But when they use it on first turn, they could also kill my mutant in 1 turn, which often caused me a defeat. I hope they would fixed the opponent's tag use at second turn.

yeah I've noticed that. It seems like a glithc in the AI and it definitely affects the outcome.

Wolf Al Harez
12-13-2013, 11:47 AM
when i got a bad tag the opponent always use his tag vs a dead mutant so thats why i dont lose because of tag and for critical hit i guess im unlucky with it.
i know you hate randomness but it always be there in rbg and card games

Ely Cruz
12-19-2013, 01:30 PM
I've been quite busy this past week, and I totally forgot about my research, I forgot to restraint my credits(1billion) from leveling my evolution center to max(lvl31). Anyway, I'll still try to find out what remaining mystery.

Markus Walter
12-19-2013, 02:04 PM
In my Battles against Defenders in PvP the tag ALWAYS...A L W A Y S!!! only gets used against dead opponents. there can be 5 attacks before the tag only gets used if the opponent is dead. Seems like Kobojo found a way to make the tag even more useless than it already is. That Bug is around since last PvP season when I got my first silver star out of PvP and since then NEVER was a tag used on me while the mutant I had was alive. First: Enemy Mutant Kills my Mutant(no matter how often it had to hit) and only after my mutants life dropped below 0 tag had been announced.

Also I think this thread can be closed since the way that sorry excuse for a determining system was explained often enough and I can't say how much I detest it. The last Mutant to reach Max Level with full XP Bar is the tag. My PvP Attack Team consists of 2 Tanks and 1 speedster and all level up the same time so how can I decide what the AI chooses?! Thats a lame way since all payers fates in that game depend more or less on the tag so it SHOULD be easier to determine.

Ronald Richard
12-20-2013, 08:24 AM
In my Battles against Defenders in PvP the tag ALWAYS...A L W A Y S!!! only gets used against dead opponents. there can be 5 attacks before the tag only gets used if the opponent is dead. Seems like Kobojo found a way to make the tag even more useless than it already is. That Bug is around since last PvP season when I got my first silver star out of PvP and since then NEVER was a tag used on me while the mutant I had was alive. First: Enemy Mutant Kills my Mutant(no matter how often it had to hit) and only after my mutants life dropped below 0 tag had been announced.

Also I think this thread can be closed since the way that sorry excuse for a determining system was explained often enough and I can't say how much I detest it. The last Mutant to reach Max Level with full XP Bar is the tag. My PvP Attack Team consists of 2 Tanks and 1 speedster and all level up the same time so how can I decide what the AI chooses?! Thats a lame way since all payers fates in that game depend more or less on the tag so it SHOULD be easier to determine.

Well, good for you then. In my experience, the defending team often use their tag in their first turn, and ended up killing my mutant who's actually able to withstand the opponent mutant's attack. That often causes me a defeat. The defending team NOT ALWAYS use their tag on my mutant who's already dying. They often use it on my mutant which need at least 2 hit to kill. Since they use tag, of course they could kill my mutant. It left me with 2 againts 3 battle, and yes, i got defeated often because of that. I hope kobojo would fixed the usage of opponent's defending tag to their 2nd turn.

Ely Cruz
12-20-2013, 06:05 PM

Not in my case, I've been researching since I had my evolution at lvl22, I've tested it several times, and found it incomplete, if you just read my posts here, then test it, you'll shit bricks... just joking, but that's true.

@other over topic posters
Just enjoy the game, having loses because of not having the right tag. somehow its memory game with gamble when using a tag.

I've been quite an avid fun of playing MGG, so I researched a lot... and test them. Its just about logic and some luck when it comes to PvP.

Logic in choosing the right tag, if you are sure of what's your tag's mutant, then the percentage of winning will increase

Logic and luck on choosing opponents, opponent's level is somehow determined(just a guess) by fame level and evolution center level... how can I say that evolution center has relevance? simply, in my account, with lvl60+ fame level and lvl27(now 31), I do often encounter lvl90~100+ opponents, while in my cousin's account, with lvl60 fame level I never had 100+ opponent, only 40~70+. The higher the level of your opponent the higher chances that he have more stronger(silver/gold starred mutants) mutants than you and also higher evolution center. Well, there are cases like mine that with low fame level, yet has lvl31 evolution center.

Logic to use speedster mutant to have your tag be used, to take advantage of a 3 vs 2 battle.

Luck on facing formidable opponent with speedster mutant for them not to use their tag in the first attack, and also base/weak/pathetic,etc damage due to element.

The game is more on logic side.

Anyway if the moderator would tell/confirm how to really determine the tag/correct my theories, then I won't oppose closing this thread. :)

Jason Miltenberger
06-02-2014, 02:50 AM
All I can say is that I've leveled a Gold Horus to my max level, as well as a number of other mutants....and it kept my Silver Captain Bag o' Bones for quite awhile (if not my first, he was one of the first).

Just tested it and it seems like my Horus is finally in the tag....

Lahiru Sadaruwan
06-10-2014, 03:18 PM
Anybody had trouble using the tags? when I use the higher level tags either my mutant or the tags damage counts not both, but when I use a lower level tag both damages gets counted and the support link doesn't work either just thought I'd try to get some answers here

Acusse Shispa
07-06-2014, 08:26 PM
so, what if we can set our tag? prankers whit level 1 mutants appear...

solution? add some conditions to set the tag, like choosing just from the last 3 mutants leveled up / set in your defensive team.

so, if u want to prank whit a speeder low attack mutant u have to max level him and set in you def, team first.:sneakiness: