PDA

View Full Version : Fake Random Zodiac?

Paulo Carvalho
03-23-2015, 11:11 PM
I purchased 5 Zodiac Mystery Box and I got 4 Taurider and 1 Rammerhead.
I refuse to believe it actually rolled randomly 4 times Taurider.

Are the 12 Zodiac available in the roll?
Or do you have different odds for each of them?
Or is it only the Taurider, Rammerhead and Geminium in the image you see in the Daily Post?
Because if it is the latter, it is deceptive - I only purchased it because it said 1 random Zodiac - and I want Aquapunzel.

The Zodiac Mystery Box itself does not hint at any limitation in the Zodiac available, nor does the Daily Post.
If it only has the 3 in the image it should say 1 Random Zodiac AMONG the 3.

How can I contact the team to refund the gold I purchased specifically for this?

Matthew Sherry
03-24-2015, 12:01 AM
You have a 1 in 12 chance of getting any of the Zodiacs. You have an equal chance each time of getting 1 of the 12. You were unlucky in your purchases. If you roll a 12 sided dice you have as much chance of rolling a 10 5 times as you do of rolling 5 different numbers. Personally I bought it 9 times when the same box was released a few weeks ago and got 7 Zodiacs and 2 of which were doubles. You can't get a refund.

It would be nice to see some kind of diminishing returns where you buy the box and each time have a higher chance of getting a different zodiac than a repeat, but that's wishful thinking.

Paulo Carvalho
03-24-2015, 12:03 AM
You have a 1 in 12 chance of getting any of the Zodiacs. You have an equal chance each time of getting 1 of the 12. You were unlucky in your purchases. If you roll a 12 sided dice you have as much chance of rolling a 10 5 times as you do of rolling 5 different numbers. Personally I bought it 9 times when the same box was released a few weeks ago and got 7 Zodiacs and 2 of which were doubles.

It would be nice to see some kind of diminishing returns where you buy the box and each time have a higher chance of getting a different zodiac than a repeat, but that's wishful thinking.

I'm not really very concerned I didn't get the one I wanted.
I'm just really upset that I got the same one 4 times out of 5!

I suppose the option to re-sell it for 50% of its gold cost within 1 hour of purchase would be acceptable to me.

But to be honest, I am more likely to believe that only Taurider, Rammerhead and Geminium are available at the moment.

The chance to get Taurider 4 times out of 5 out of the 12 Zodiac is less than 0.001%.
The chance to get it out of 3 Zodiac is a little above 1%.

Paulo Carvalho
03-24-2015, 01:29 AM
Okay, out of good faith I tried a couple more and got different ones.
The mystery is solved: I was really just super freaking unlucky the first 5 rolls.

I still think we should get to resell them for somewhere between 250g and 100g within the first hour.

[K] Hugo
03-24-2015, 11:03 AM
Sorry to hear that you have been that unlucky Psy Captain :( Thanks for your suggestion i personally like the idea of reselling like you suggest!

KeveD
03-24-2015, 08:52 PM
OMG i am so sick of this.. this is exactly why i stopped playing... luck this luck that.. that is so much garbage... and don't apologize ... this must be a new trend... almost all games are like this now... if you guys want them to stop completely stop buying boxes and stop playing the jackpot... it makes me sooooo ********** mad...

Nathan Hanson
03-25-2015, 01:38 AM
Hmmm ya you just got really unlucky, I do like the resell Idea though
So far I have done 13 pulls and got 10/12 of the zodiacs xD

*update* Bought 3 more boxes and got the 2 I needed. Sooooooo I completed the whole zodiac bingo with just the box within a month ;D

[K] Hugo
03-25-2015, 10:34 AM
OMG i am so sick of this.. this is exactly why i stopped playing... luck this luck that.. that is so much garbage... and don't apologize ... this must be a new trend... almost all games are like this now... if you guys want them to stop completely stop buying boxes and stop playing the jackpot... it makes me sooooo ********** mad...

Definitely not everybody agrees, other players like to try their luck to get a cool mutant for 500 gold. It is just a matter of choice, and everybody is free to use that random feature or not :)

Ben Omen
03-25-2015, 11:07 AM
The "random" boxes are a terrible idea, more people complain about getting doubles of mutants than actually seem to get what they want. I brought 4 of these boxes and got *wait for it (drum roll), 4 Prince scorpions. Yes I needed him the first time but to then get 4 similar boxes, 3 or them had credits 1 had medi packs infers that the random generator that is used in the game design is flawed.

Anesyr
03-25-2015, 04:32 PM
The amount of "luck" needed is strictly related to the value of the prize, anything that's rare or difficult to get becomes more valuable, much more than a mutant or item you could just buy in the shop or receive as a 100% certain prize for a simple action.
Of course also mutants or objects that don't come out of luck-based features can be valuable, when the price is high or the steps to obtain the mutant/item are difficult enough that not all players are able to complete them; still the features based on random values usually create more rare things that players like to collect, as doing so they may feel like they're part of an elite group which managed to obtain something special.

If you lose the random values in these kind of features you will lose partially or totally the fun of obtaining something special, if the results become certain the feature will be reduced to another cold shop which is not needed as one is enough.

Jack Jones
03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
hmmmm kobojo seems to have a very unique take on random........ this is just my opinion and no doubt i will be told i am wrong, but so many times have i seen stuff like this in fb groups and on here......... you have a chance at winning XYZ and 10 spins and 9 of them are the same. Bottom line is they will do anything to get you to spend money and give as little as possible back.All they want to do is keep the game fun enough to keep people interested and spending money....... sad but true.

Ben Omen
03-26-2015, 12:48 AM
The amount of "luck" needed is strictly related to the value of the prize, anything that's rare or difficult to get becomes more valuable, much more than a mutant or item you could just buy in the shop or receive as a 100% certain prize for a simple action.
Of course also mutants or objects that don't come out of luck-based features can be valuable, when the price is high or the steps to obtain the mutant/item are difficult enough that not all players are able to complete them; still the features based on random values usually create more rare things that players like to collect, as doing so they may feel like they're part of an elite group which managed to obtain something special.

If you lose the random values in these kind of features you will lose partially or totally the fun of obtaining something special, if the results become certain the feature will be reduced to another cold shop which is not needed as one is enough.

So you are saying that it is because a certain mutant gene is not as rare as another that you have a higher chance of gaining that particular mutant? So why is it that people say they are recieving different mutants? surely if your statement was true everyone should be complaining about getting a duplicate of the same mutant NOT different, as that proves there are more mutants of a similar rarity so why arent people getting a cluster of different mutants???

This randomising issue has meant I wont be buying any more "random" boxes unless I need 1 of the 3 mutants depicted as I dont want to waste my gold!

Paulo Carvalho
03-27-2015, 03:19 PM

It's not that simple.

Because here you're not just "not getting what you want".
You're actually getting nothing.

In Jackpot you always get something - even if you didn't really want it.
Getting doubles of Zodiac is pretty worthless...

That's why I suggest there should be a way to resell them for a fraction of their cost.
You pay 500g -> get a duplicate -> sell it back for 100g -> etc.

Jordan Triomphe
03-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Fake random ? nope, you're only unlucky, you have also the same probabilities to get each of them in this box.
Remember when the zodiac was sold : 1500 gold... here you can have one for only 500 gold... so stop complaining ^_^

Howard
03-28-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure about Zodiac, but I think other Mystery boxes, though random, each mutant has higher odds then some others. So say Dezinger is rare then Galactic Guardian in a certain box.

This also applies to reactors; it is not 20% of all of them ; its something like 27, 23, 20, 17, 13 for the mutants from left to right.

Ben Omen
03-28-2015, 06:54 PM
Fake random ? nope, you're only unlucky, you have also the same probabilities to get each of them in this box.
Remember when the zodiac was sold : 1500 gold... here you can have one for only 500 gold... so stop complaining ^_^

Sorry but yes people are unlucky but you need to go back and work on your math! The probability of getting something 4 or 5 times in a row is greater than getting it the first time!!! SO the box is imbalanced if people are getting the same mutant time after time!

Please once again try and correct people with probabilities that are similar. The arguments gain weight when the person with the initial statement has received multiples of the same mutant. As probabilty/chance/odds are in their favour.