PDA

View Full Version : Zodiac Mystery Box

Partha Pratim Das
03-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Hello,
Zodiac Mystery box might be useful and helpful for the new Psy Captains but for the ones who have collected most of the Zodiac Mutants, it's a risky move to spend 500 Gold. I liked it when we had to pay 1900 Gold for Zodiac pack, which atleast ensured that we are buying whatever we need. Mystery box for other Mutants is fine as there are over 100 Mutants to collect, but there are only 12 Zodiac Mutants, why not let us collect it in the same old ways as we did earlier and let us save our valuable golds for other mutant or Mystery box. Please give it a thought, as collecting gold is a tiresome method once your Achievements tally is exhausted and only few Mutants remain in the Bingo.
Thank you.

[K] Hugo
03-24-2015, 10:58 AM
Thank you for your feedback Psy Captain, as a player I understand ! Now i don't decide of this, but i'll transfer your suggestion.
Cheers!

Ben Omen
03-25-2015, 11:21 AM
The box is also flawed. I had a 1 in 4 chance of getting a zodiac I already had, I succeeded in get 1 I needed, but then the next 3 boxes I opened the chances where less 1 in 3 but I managed to hit that 33% every time. Not only that but I got the same mutant in all 4 boxes I opened which is hugely against the odds.

Matthew Sherry
03-25-2015, 03:31 PM
The box is also flawed. I had a 1 in 4 chance of getting a zodiac I already had, I succeeded in get 1 I needed, but then the next 3 boxes I opened the chances where less 1 in 3 but I managed to hit that 33% every time. Not only that but I got the same mutant in all 4 boxes I opened which is hugely against the odds.

Thats not how probability works. The odds never change for each box you buy because you are never removing any mutant from the box. It's like rolling a d12 over and over. You have the same chance of rolling a one 5 times as you do of rolling 5 different numbers because every time you roll each side has an equal 1 in 12 chance of coming up.

Ben Omen
03-26-2015, 01:00 AM
Errr probability does work like that as the chances of you hitting as in your example a 5 every time you roll a d12 do increase! SO the chances of getting the same mutant time and time again mean that the probability fact of the system used is flawed. more and more people are commenting about the fact they are getting multiples of the same mutant but none are saying the same mutant as the other!

So what are the chances or probability that lets say 4 people roll the dice 4 times and each time get the same result, the same number (get the same mutant) but each person has a different number? I would say that the probability of all that is pretty slim!