PDA

View Full Version : why they dont do something about the many negative comments??

Wolf Al Harez
11-27-2013, 06:55 PM
im talking about the power ups thing they got many negative comments in both fp and forum and what they do they add powers up to jackpot? in old pvp seasons i was attacked by many players (10+ attacks per day) but now 2 days only one player attack me how could that be? im in 5% so where are all the players go.
my English is a little bad so i hope you understand

Bradford Dawson
11-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Note: One main problem people had was that they were not easily accessible to people who don't pay to play. Adding them to the jackpot fixes it slightly. (Very veeeeeeeeery slightly.)

Honestly, I think people are just getting butthurt. I have been playing on PVP and have not noticed a difference since they were added.

Boris Pankov
11-28-2013, 01:48 AM
You're not going to notice a difference in the 4 days they have been in effect. But rest asured, they DO have an effect. Also it's kinda pointless to pitch in at every post about this and call people anything from defeatists to butthurt. They are neither. Just people who have opinions and well argumented ones at that.

Wolf Al Harez
11-28-2013, 02:00 AM
5 player attack me after the post i guess i was wrong about pvp i am so sorry if i say anything bad. but what about negative comments go to fb and see how many negative about girls power gone and power up

Bradford Dawson
11-28-2013, 02:47 AM
You're not going to notice a difference in the 4 days they have been in effect. But rest asured, they DO have an effect. Also it's kinda pointless to pitch in at every post about this and call people anything from defeatists to butthurt. They are neither. Just people who have opinions and well argumented ones at that.

In some cases, it's kind of true, though. A lot of the things that people have been complaining about turned out to be exaggerated. While the powerups DO raise critical defense and attack, not to the point where the game is broken.

Boris Pankov
11-28-2013, 09:16 AM
In some cases, it's kind of true, though. A lot of the things that people have been complaining about turned out to be exaggerated. While the powerups DO raise critical defense and attack, not to the point where the game is broken.

And what may those things be? The fact that it's not a 50% increase as in half of the hits but a 50% of the originally low number? I am not entirely convinced of that because as I mentioned in another post soon after the boosts were introduced I lost a fight to a vastly inferior opponent who got 5 out of 6 hits to be critical. So I'm not convinced, but even that is not the point.

Being butthurt as you put it means whining about something insignificant. Introducing pay-to-win methods is anything but insignificant. You have to understand that people are not saying "omg now I'll never win another match" (which would be butthurt kind of) they are saying: pay to win is wrong. its a method that has been PROVEN on multiple occasions to ruin games. Mabye not the critical boosts but once the devs start going down that path it's a slippery slope. If this is ok then next may come a life leech buff. Then a double strike buff, then maybe a one turn invulnerability, or a deathstrike buff etc etc. See the problem? It's not that particular buff and it being overpowered or not. It's the trend it may be setting. SO many games, facebook and otherwise, have lost their player bases because of things like this. You know, there's a reason you cant buy back the tag attack in pvp, but you can in pve. On the same principle such buffs have no place in arena and that's a valid criticism.

People like the game and dont want to see it ruined by something that has been proven to ruin games. Nothing butthurt or defeatist about that.

Markus Walter
11-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Since the boosts started in Jackpot or very close in time to that it fixes nothing and is just as annoying. Its nothing short of the statement: Pay to win PvP or leave it. I find that pretty cheap if your wallet determines how 'good' you are in pvp. I just make my way up to 10-5% so I get the new mutant, the rest is dead in my eyes. Shall those who own a company kick each others balls there...I don't care if those losers feel as if they had balls. Its the same like cheating in my eyes.

PLUS this free Crit boost out right now changes a shit. 3 PvP fights, 8 Campaign fights and 1 Event Battle after activating it and not a single crit attack (and my teams always had at least 1 bronze or silver mutant in them). Seems like they only work if you pay for it so fuck jackpot boosts. They should take them out of the game completely. THAT would fix it perfectly!

Bradford Dawson
11-28-2013, 02:47 PM
And what may those things be? The fact that it's not a 50% increase as in half of the hits but a 50% of the originally low number? I am not entirely convinced of that because as I mentioned in another post soon after the boosts were introduced I lost a fight to a vastly inferior opponent who got 5 out of 6 hits to be critical. So I'm not convinced, but even that is not the point.

Being butthurt as you put it means whining about something insignificant. Introducing pay-to-win methods is anything but insignificant. You have to understand that people are not saying "omg now I'll never win another match" (which would be butthurt kind of) they are saying: pay to win is wrong. its a method that has been PROVEN on multiple occasions to ruin games. Mabye not the critical boosts but once the devs start going down that path it's a slippery slope. If this is ok then next may come a life leech buff. Then a double strike buff, then maybe a one turn invulnerability, or a deathstrike buff etc etc. See the problem? It's not that particular buff and it being overpowered or not. It's the trend it may be setting. SO many games, facebook and otherwise, have lost their player bases because of things like this. You know, there's a reason you cant buy back the tag attack in pvp, but you can in pve. On the same principle such buffs have no place in arena and that's a valid criticism.

People like the game and dont want to see it ruined by something that has been proven to ruin games. Nothing butthurt or defeatist about that.

It's possible you just got highly unlucky. I notice in fights against non-boosted opponents that they often get criticals twice a fight. As well, faster mutants attack more, so they can likely get critical more often.

While I agree that "Pay To Win" type games are a bad thing, I've mentioned a few times before, as have others, that the crit-buffs are more or less hype, as they're often made out to be much worse than they really are. As for all those buffs you mentioned, I doubt they'll ever go that far. But if they do, THEN I would probably be complaining just like the rest. Minor luck-based buffs aren't a problem, but when they start adding TRULY game-changing buffs like that, THEN it's become Pay to Win.

Since the boosts started in Jackpot or very close in time to that it fixes nothing and is just as annoying. Its nothing short of the statement: Pay to win PvP or leave it. I find that pretty cheap if your wallet determines how 'good' you are in pvp. I just make my way up to 10-5% so I get the new mutant, the rest is dead in my eyes. Shall those who own a company kick each others balls there...I don't care if those losers feel as if they had balls. Its the same like cheating in my eyes.

PLUS this free Crit boost out right now changes a shit. 3 PvP fights, 8 Campaign fights and 1 Event Battle after activating it and not a single crit attack (and my teams always had at least 1 bronze or silver mutant in them). Seems like they only work if you pay for it so fuck jackpot boosts. They should take them out of the game completely. THAT would fix it perfectly!

...In fact, you don't know it yet, but you just proved how minor it is. You said the stat buffer you got from the Jackpot spin didn't work? I'm sorry to say, however, that the buffs you get in the Jackpot spin are the same buffs you get for 20 gold a day. (Or 50 for three days). No difference what-so-ever. It's safe to say you just got unlucky. ...Or you didn't activate the stat buffs.

Now you're probably thinking "It doesn't effect me cause I'm a paying player." WRONG! As a matter of fact, I am a 100% free player. Do I actually support these buffs? Not really. But they aren't as bad as many make them out to be. That's why I feel people are just getting butthurt over something the team will hopefully get rid of due to the negativity it has boosted.

I can understand your guys disdain for "Pay-To-Win" type games, however I do not believe MGG has become Pay-To-Win just yet.

Ely Cruz
11-28-2013, 05:59 PM
I've been using crit boost and anti crit boost for 3 days now, and it seems unnoticed-able, my cousins account who has rare mutants crits more than I have. And in PVE, mutants in campaign crits more than I do... maybe my unlucky day.

Let's be enlighten that :
ex. :crit = 10%
crit * 50% = 15% chance, not crit + 50% = 60%

... but, what I am alarmed is about the 300% exp boost, its makes the leveling super easy, like mine, I can level up a gold star mutant from level 1 upto lvl25 in just one day: level it upto 15 using tickets, then play pvp(no ticket needed)... I think its killing the essence of waiting("patience is a virtue")

Anyway, its just my point of view, given that I have 8 medical machines, max campaign ticket: 100, lvl25 evolution center, at lvl55
Mr marverlous and thor at lvl25, interceptrix 22(leveling other mutants)
attacked launched on pvp: 6 ; won : 22
defenses: 20 ; lost 4
In the top 1%
completed vegas
... thus, next event will be very easy, and even pvp... Campaign is the only thing in my obstacle due to my golds.

...just boasting my achievements after winning in the slot... while my cousin still has only 1 gold mutant(superman)... I think she won't be able to get a gold star again in this pvp season... she's striving hard to earn a silver and level those silver mutants arduosly, because she isn't a gold player...

In my current state, I already had the achievement of a lvl70~80 non gold players, imagine the gap that 300% exp can make.

Jakub Topolski
11-28-2013, 08:55 PM
It's possible you just got highly unlucky. I notice in fights against non-boosted opponents that they often get criticals twice a fight. As well, faster mutants attack more, so they can likely get critical more often.

While I agree that "Pay To Win" type games are a bad thing, I've mentioned a few times before, as have others, that the crit-buffs are more or less hype, as they're often made out to be much worse than they really are. As for all those buffs you mentioned, I doubt they'll ever go that far. But if they do, THEN I would probably be complaining just like the rest. Minor luck-based buffs aren't a problem, but when they start adding TRULY game-changing buffs like that, THEN it's become Pay to Win.

...In fact, you don't know it yet, but you just proved how minor it is. You said the stat buffer you got from the Jackpot spin didn't work? I'm sorry to say, however, that the buffs you get in the Jackpot spin are the same buffs you get for 20 gold a day. (Or 50 for three days). No difference what-so-ever. It's safe to say you just got unlucky. ...Or you didn't activate the stat buffs.

Now you're probably thinking "It doesn't effect me cause I'm a paying player." WRONG! As a matter of fact, I am a 100% free player. Do I actually support these buffs? Not really. But they aren't as bad as many make them out to be. That's why I feel people are just getting butthurt over something the team will hopefully get rid of due to the negativity it has boosted.

I can understand your guys disdain for "Pay-To-Win" type games, however I do not believe MGG has become Pay-To-Win just yet.

Wow, how little understanding of how the world works u have.
When pay to win methods are introduced into the game, nevermind how small, u simply say NO.
Why? Because from the developer's point of view it looks like this:
''Hey lets add a SMALL boost for our paying players in pvp, and see how community takes it".

And when it goes liive and not enough people bitch about it, u can be SURE, that in the future they WILL ADD MORE. Not just once, slowly, not with big steps, to build a support for it and make more and more peeps to spend money. Thats how it always is.

Many games with potential were ruined by this.

Boris Pankov
11-28-2013, 08:56 PM

A few things to note: Faster mutants dont attack more in the example I mentioned. I specifically stated 5 out of 6. A faster mutant wont attack 8 times in the 6 attacks it does which is why I gave that specific number. As I also mentioned I am not giving this particular occurance any weight so debating it is pointless as it was just a one-time example.

Originally the critical boosts were thought to add 50% critical attacks not 50% increase to the current low chance and it was all due to bad wording which caused some of the hype.

But overall my main point was that it was the first step towards a pay-to-win model. The idea I'm trying to get across is that while the reaction may seem a bit over the top that's nothing but a good thing because it may stop a bad thing before it takes root. If the reaction was minor and largely uninterested the game devs can just say (not saying they will, but many others have) "ok so people dont mind? Let's see how far we can push this to milk it for cash" which inevitably leads to bad gameplay. It all really comes down to people not wanting to see a game they like go down the wrong path. You say you "doubt" they'll go that far. And I absolutely hope you're right. But I have been a gamer for well over 20 years and I've seen what bad business practices can lead to and it's never good either for the players or the game. So it's good to push back early on. Sorry for the long-winded post btw.

Bradford Dawson
11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Wow, how little understanding of how the world works u have.
When pay to win methods are introduced into the game, nevermind how small, u simply say NO.
Why? Because from the developer's point of view it looks like this:
''Hey lets add a SMALL boost for our paying players in pvp, and see how community takes it".

And when it goes liive and not enough people bitch about it, u can be SURE, that in the future they WILL ADD MORE. Not just once, slowly, not with big steps, to build a support for it and make more and more peeps to spend money. Thats how it always is.

Many games with potential were ruined by this.

Excuse me!? You have no right telling me whether I know how the world works or not. Plus, you seem to think I'm not on your side when debating. Honestly, I DON'T support the power-ups, but I'm not going to just up and quit at the announcement of them. Not until it goes too far will that happen, and it has not.

In addition, due to the negative response the power ups got, you can expect that Kobojo wouldn't be dumb enough to go any further with the power-ups. What I'm mostly against is people giving up because "Waaah! I can't win!" or because of the power-ups. I got pretty frustrated last PVP, but did I quit? No good sir. And that's what I'm generally against. Not people bringing it up negatively, but the over-exaggeration and defeatist attitudes toward it. I understand what the uproar is about.

Jakub Topolski
11-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Excuse me!? You have no right telling me whether I know how the world works or not. Plus, you seem to think I'm not on your side when debating. Honestly, I DON'T support the power-ups, but I'm not going to just up and quit at the announcement of them. Not until it goes too far will that happen, and it has not.

In addition, due to the negative response the power ups got, you can expect that Kobojo wouldn't be dumb enough to go any further with the power-ups. What I'm mostly against is people giving up because "Waaah! I can't win!" or because of the power-ups. I got pretty frustrated last PVP, but did I quit? No good sir. And that's what I'm generally against. Not people bringing it up negatively, but the over-exaggeration and defeatist attitudes toward it. I understand what the uproar is about.

Yes, clearly u have no idea how life works.
When people write '' omgwtfimmaquit'' , what they REALLY mean is ''WE REALLY DONT LIKE THIS, ITS A DICK MOVE''. At best a minimal percentage of them left the game or pvp permanently. Yet u are calling them butthurt, defeatists in many topics, whenever issue is being bringed to the table.
And as i've said earlier, when u have a small fire in the kitchen, u dont call other ppl defeatists cuz they are putting it down instead of letting it to spread on the curtains in the living room and consume the house.

And i really hope that u can understand this analogy, cuz u dont sound like a dumb person. Just like a very juvenile and inexperienced one...

Bradford Dawson
11-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Yes, clearly u have no idea how life works.
When people write '' omgwtfimmaquit'' , what they REALLY mean is ''WE REALLY DONT LIKE THIS, ITS A DICK MOVE''. At best a minimal percentage of them left the game or pvp permanently. Yet u are calling them butthurt, defeatists in many topics, whenever issue is being bringed to the table.
And as i've said earlier, when u have a small fire in the kitchen, u dont call other ppl defeatists cuz they are putting it down instead of letting it to spread on the curtains in the living room and consume the house.

And i really hope that u can understand this analogy, cuz u dont sound like a dumb person. Just like a very juvenile and inexperienced one...

It's not my fault people are giving up too easily. Standing up to the problem and stating it's a bad idea? Fine. Going "BAWWW, I CAN'T PLAY THIS ANYMORE! IT'S TOO HARD!" when the team could easily fix the problem if brought up enough? No offense, but that is a bit butthurt and defeatist to me. I don't mind being told that I'm going a bit overboard, but telling someone they're being rude while being rude yourself just provokes more rudeness.

And yes, I have a very good idea how life works.

Markus Walter
11-28-2013, 10:04 PM

Sorry for my bad english if I spelled some things wrong but I am convinced that breeding higher star monsters is much more of a boost than the buff which in my opinion (sorry if I am one of the unluckiest guys in the world) even decreased the chance of my silver mutant. I surely won't pay to win cause its stupid and if you win cause you payed...what have you proved? NOTHING. You do it just right, Bradford if you play for free since we allways will have the Events for stars and on this last one I was sadly 1 fight short or would have gained a silver star T-T

I am just pissed because all those companies try to ruin great games by making them pay to win. In the end: ALL LOSE! The company as well as the players. Its simply stupid in my eyes, nothing else.

Bradford Dawson
11-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Sorry for my bad english if I spelled some things wrong but I am convinced that breeding higher star monsters is much more of a boost than the buff which in my opinion (sorry if I am one of the unluckiest guys in the world) even decreased the chance of my silver mutant. I surely won't pay to win cause its stupid and if you win cause you payed...what have you proved? NOTHING. You do it just right, Bradford if you play for free since we allways will have the Events for stars and on this last one I was sadly 1 fight short or would have gained a silver star T-T

I am just pissed because all those companies try to ruin great games by making them pay to win. In the end: ALL LOSE! The company as well as the players. Its simply stupid in my eyes, nothing else.

I do understand people's qualm over "Pay-To-Win" style games. I will admit, it hasn't reached that point just yet, but it does often lead to worse things. Still, with the current uproar, I doubt they'll go much further.

John Shade
11-29-2013, 02:20 AM
hes actually right, i won a 7 day critical strike boost in jackpot, only got 2 crits in 17 battles haha

Wolf Al Harez
11-29-2013, 07:39 AM
i hope the game dont got worst and i hope they think again before they take girls power from reactor many ppl did not complete it(i am one of them)
at least they should said it before few months ppl cannot got them in 1 week