PDA

View Full Version : [MGG Official] Update: It's all about the Orbs!

[K] Hugo
04-21-2015, 02:50 PM
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/719298BannerForumorbsen.png

Dear Psy Captains,

Welcome to our third patch notes! Here is the latest information we can give you about MGG’s upcoming update!

NEW FEATURE:ORBS
Psy Captains, we are glad to announce you that a brand new kind of item will be added to the game soon: ORBS!

This important update aims to add a new dimension to the game - customization of the mutants - as well as a new layer of strategy to be victorious in the arena.

What is an ORB in Mutants: Genetic Gladiators?

An orb is an item which can be equipped on a mutant, producing an impact on its stats.

What orb types will be available in the game?

There will be two main categories:

Normal Orbs:
These ones can boost the Attack, Health and improve the chance to land a "Critical" o a creature. They can also improve your mutant's original ability.

Here are 2 examples of Normal Orbs you will be able to equip:

"Attack +10%" - increases the damage of this creature by 10%,
"Shield +20%" will increase damage resistance when the ability Shield is triggered.

Special Orbs:
Some of them will allow you to add a second ability to a mutant, such as Retaliate, Shield, or any other. Last but not least, a Special Speed Orb will allow you to increase the Speed of a mutant!

The orbs will be available in several versions, each one offering different percentages - For example, some orbs will increase Health by 5% or 10% .

Can every mutant be equipped with orbs?

Yes, all creatures can be equipped with at least 1 Normal Orb.

How many orbs can be equipped on a mutant?

The number of orbs you can equip, depends on the rarity and type of mutant.
While a basic mutant can have 1 Normal Orb, more uncommon creatures (like Legendary mutants, for instance), will be able to hold up to 2 Normal Orbs and 1 Special Orb!

Once an Orb has been equipped on a mutant, can I remove it and equip it on another creature?

Once an Orb has been equipped, it cannot be removed - it can only be replaced by a new orb - the previous one will be destroyed.

How can I get orbs?

There will be many ways to get a hold of orbs:

Orbs will also be purchasable in the shop.
Some orbs randomly appear in Mystery Gifts sent between players.
Others will be rewards of Global Tournament or Events.

EDIT: Please note this will be a step by step process. Initially the orbs will only be available in the Shop.

How to equip an Orb on a mutant?

Open the profile of the creature you want to equip.
Click an orb slot at the bottom of the mutant's picture.
Using the panel on the left, choose the orb you want to equip and confirm.

Here is a short video showing these easy steps: VIDEO (http://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnJujcEbsBWq7lu/giphy.gif)

OTHER CHANGES

REACTOR: Both on Facebook or mobile devices, any spin made using Gold in the reactor now grants you a mutant you don't already own (if you did not complete the collection yet, of course). [This is already in game]

GLOBAL TOURNAMENT: Just like on Facebook, mobile players will now see the "Sum of Level" of the opponent right before a Global Tournament fight.

Improvement of the stability of the game - both on the Facebook Desktop and Mobile versions of the game.

Correction of other minor bugs.

We expect this update to go live between this week and the next (we will keep you informed in regards to potential changes)

If you ask questions about this update, feel free to ask in this thread.

Last but not least redeem today's gift! -> http://bit.ly/1Os8ckP

Cheers,
The MGG Team

Howard
04-21-2015, 04:38 PM
I just want to say, wow, this is a great update. I look forward to see this live.

I love the special orb idea, it is similar to my idea of when doing the Beta testing for the abilities; instead of it being dependent on genes and the mutant, have abilities as equip-able.

Is the sum of level for mobile already implemented? or is it going to be with the new update?

Also, anything on Bingo?

[K] Hugo
04-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Hey Howard, glad to hear!

The sum of level will be in game in a couple of days, as well as the orbs :)

Ameen Saadi
04-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Well, its nice to here a bout new update :positive:. Good job Good hard work.

Best regards,
Ameen

Unregistered
04-21-2015, 05:56 PM
i don't like the idea of orbs.. games should be something to get relax on your everyday's work.. but if this game is going to be more calculative & heavy on brain to play.. then i might have to stop playing.. sorry to say but battle calculations s/b easy so that playing this game w/b more fun rather than calculations...

Roki
04-21-2015, 05:57 PM
Kobojo great job and can you please put some new mutants in PvP or PvE and i know we already said that million times but its a good thing for game.....other Psy Captains also agree with this

P.S i know that you've been bored with this post

Matthew Sherry
04-21-2015, 06:43 PM
So just equip my already pay to win legendary mutants with a Boost Orb and 2 other orbs to increase health and damage. If they already have boost just give them the shield ability. System isn't even out yet and I can already see it being broken. You give us this and still do nothing to PVP? The broken PVP which forces everyone to use Saber and Zoo 1st gene mutants and nothing else? I'm not grateful for adding more content to the game to give us more things to do, I just think you people don't have your priorities straight. There are more important things to be done before giving us new stuff.

[K] Pogolina
04-21-2015, 07:19 PM
So just equip my already pay to win legendary mutants with a Boost Orb and 2 other orbs to increase health and damage. If they already have boost just give them the shield ability. System isn't even out yet and I can already see it being broken. You give us this and still do nothing to PVP? The broken PVP which forces everyone to use Saber and Zoo 1st gene mutants and nothing else? I'm not grateful for adding more content to the game to give us more things to do, I just think you people don't have your priorities straight. There are more important things to be done before giving us new stuff.

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to say that the team is heavily focused on PVP improvements. All the opinions and suggestions that have been sent our way have been discussed and analysed within the team, in order to decide what the most appropriate changes would be. I cannot at this point disclose the improvements we have in the pipeline, but we will make sure to publish a new set of patch notes describing these changes as soon as possible.

Fra N Cis
04-21-2015, 07:54 PM
is their expirations of orbs?

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-21-2015, 09:27 PM
First I want to say.. this is a great Update!! I Honestly love that we get more in depth strategic gameplay!! It is Close to one of my suggestions I posted prior to Beta testing, actually.. close to a couple iirc.. and I love the Idea of greater dynamic mechanics being implemented!!

But there is a HUGE flaw in this Update... namely ease of acquisition.. among other things.. Let me breakdown some possible repercussions..
I'll start with Acquisition...

How can I get orbs?

There will be many ways to get a hold of orbs:
Some orbs randomly appear in Mystery Gifts sent between players.
Others will be rewards of Global Tournament or Events.
Orbs will also be purchasable in the shop.

1st method is Gifting.. this is all well and good if you have all the friends in the world.. but some players don't have many friends. Especially newer players. This new feature makes PvP non attractive to newer players because they won't be able to amass enough orb gifts with the few friends that they may have. even for some that do have a lot of friends.. I myself have over 200+ friends but barely get 50 gifts in a day.. and I gift daily.. So these orbs better have a pretty darn good rate to be reliably obtained for newer players or players like myself.. Or even Players with massive friends lists due to the nature of the Random Number Generator...
2nd method is Tournaments and PvP.. Tournament events are dull and boring.. seriously.. theres no challenge to it whatsoever.. a lower evo player that has access to the best tags can sleep through these.. over the course of the event duration.. PvP is a different story.. its a harsh battleground.. and USED to be pretty darn fun.. till britany came.. now it is just. click. tag. win. but even with that.. rising in PvP is hard enough as it is.. the existence of Cheaters and Alt accounts... and Of course. BRITANY.. She seriously ruined the metagame.. Easy to win... easy to lose.. with this power creep.. Newer players will have a HARDER time getting into the PvP scene and will generally lose interest in the game when they see how unfogiving it can be.. Token, stars, mutant,,, gold... all those things are great.. but now to put this new Augmentation into the mix.. Makes PvP more desirable.. yet.. near impossible for the new player.. and to a lesser extent the free player..
3rd Method.. Shop.. yep.. this one is the kicker.. the Shop.. Judging by that video.. this feature is pretty costly.. This is the single thing that will destroy the image of the game... Why? Because this hurts the free player really really badly.. it gives and even greater advantage to the paying player.. The buy their gold.. so they essentially can buy their win.. And with that... the gap widens between the paying players and the free players.. I have talked about the health of the free players and their importance in other threads.. this feature will Widen the gap between premium and free players.. What happens when your free players Walk? You really don't want that to pass.. Lets get back to the premium players.. These guys spend money.. some little.. some lots.. but they spend money to get that slight edge.. to get those gold stars.. that gold income.. those legend mutants.. no one forces them to spend.. they do it themselves.. it is their choice... and I have no qualms with that.. But the team should look at this one particular part of the playerbase in detail.. and how it can greatly affect the spending habits of your premium players.. These orbs cost gold.. the best ones most definitely cost much more gold.. and your gold prices are still at an all time high.. All these sales that go on... it increases the frequency of our gold purchasing.. and not this feature will suck up majority of our expenditures.. it costs gold to unlock locked slots.. it costs gold for the best orbs... probably around 200 or so... since the Vid showed 10% boost for 75 and a 10 gold discount for an extra 10%.. 20 for the slot.. 200 for the 30%.. lets just say thats the approximate amount.. and then another 200 to fill the second slot.. so thats 420 gold.. and some mutants have 3 slots?? I could speculate that the gold cost for "Special" orbs would be slightly higher than "Normal" ones.. so we can safely say we'll need at least 750 to 1k gold to fill 3 orb slots with the best orbs on just one single mutant.. thats already More than $10 USD.. well $10 isnt much really.. except.. thats just one mutant.. we need a team.. and a team isn't one mutant.. its 3.. Most legend mutants Cost more than $30 USD already!! So a good team will cost anywhere between $90 USD to $130 USD...Most people don't have just 3 mutants they wanna slot up...for variety's sake.. they'll want to Slot up as many as they can to keep those defense teams Strong and have the best Offense teams to tackle any defense team.. and also for that one special lady we all have a love-hate relationship with.. Britany..**shes gonna eat up all those Attack Orbs** Do you see how Expensive this is going to be? Eventually the Premium players will turn free.. guess what.. the free players that most likely walked.. those premiums will walk along after them..

Then there is the balancing issues.. yes.. It isn't even in the game yet and I can tell you there are balancing problems..

What orb types will be available in the game?

There will be two main categories:

Normal Orbs:
These ones can boost the Attack, Health and improve the chance to land a "Critical" o a creature. They can also improve your mutant's original ability.

Here are 2 examples of Normal Orbs you will be able to equip:
"Attack +10%" - increases the damage of this creature by 10%,
"Shield +20%" will increase damage resistance when the ability Shield is triggered.

Special Orbs:
Some of them will allow you to add a second ability to a mutant, such as Retaliate, Shield, or any other. Last but not least, a Special Speed Orb will allow you to increase the Speed of a mutant!

The orbs will be available in several versions, each one offering different percentages - For example, some orbs will increase Health by 5% or 10% .

All these things are percentage based.. thats good.. so that means each mutant will receive the same benefits of the orbs no matter their stat totals..
Then what is the problems? the Orb subcategories.. Attack.. this is good.. doesn't hurt the metagame so much.. except if this is allowed on tags.. and it should be the only one that applies. it would be nice.. but there is a very special case for this one.. Britany and Buranka.. Britany is currently and affectionately dubbed the Tag Team Queen!! She is 75% stronger than other mutants in her speed tier.. "85% stronger than Normals" but he attacks are mitigated by being spread attacks so upward from a base of 50%.. well.. lets give her another 30% damage boost... wait.. that would effectively makes her stand at 113% of the power of other mutants in her speed tier.... and she ONLY HAS SPREAD ATTACKS>. Seriously.. if the Attack orb is applicable to tags.. OMG what a pain PvP will be.. outside of that one particular thing.. I'm completely content with this Orb..
Health Orbs... Yeah.. this will be useful... for those pesky britany tags..
Critical Hit Orbs.. No.. NO NO NO NO NO!! Why? Ever played an MMORPG? You would know that with higher Attack Speed, any crit ratio over 15% will pretty much double your average damage output.. Crit buff + Crit Orbs.. can you say Auto-crit? Ceres, x27, 11.11 speed tiers. will be the only things ever worth using. It is nice to see the occasional critical hit.. but every turn.. not fun..
Ability amplification Orbs. YES!! This is AWESOME!!.. Puts greater emphasis on specialized teams!! Problem? Hahahahaha Math is a problem.. Abilities are still imbalanced as it is. Spiking their drinks with some good ol' magic tonic? Much Frustration will ensue...
Special Orbs.. Secondary abilities. read above. Ability changing. *sigh* its bad enough that abilities are not outright displayed over an opponent.. this may add some real fun to the mix. But then again. do we really want to see some Ceres teams running AUTOCRIT+Curse/Drain/Wounds?? I'd definitely abuse this mechanic if you stick with this. and you can't call me out on being a cheater because honestly.. You guys are ultimately the ones that allow it to happen.. its in the game.. and it wont be breaking any ToS xP
This Last one I honestly would love.. but it will impact your game much harder than the rest.. Speed orbs.. there better be a darn good limitation on this.. everybody wants to see that Britany swinging her lovely hammer at hte speed of lightning.. except.. If that is the case.. GG packing up.. game over.. we had a good run.. But of course I know that it won't be absurd.. I'm guessing something like +1 speed or +0.5 speed... thats a lot more reasonable.. but even that gives an absurd advantage to the hardest hitting mutants in the game.. at +1 speed.. Britany will achieve 4.33 speed.. thats her special orb.. now lets give her normal ones.. Attack +30% and Critcal +??%.... now this forces you to target her.. but what if there were two? and the third being ceres with +1 speed? with Britany tag on her Wheaties diet... It would only take ONE britany to make a move.. and GG.. and if you don't have any +speeds.. that would definitely mean.. you have no time to choose your targets carefully.. because you just lost..
Oh Back to acquisition. IF you plan to make the Orbs hit the shop... I think it is FAIR to say that they should ALL be available for mystery gifting, Challenge Hall purchasing, and Only the BEST of them available in PvE/PvP... That way.. there is actually some work involved into getting those Max +value orbs that is available to BOTH the Free players and the premium pay Players...So this game doesn't become a P2W type of game... Now that thats off my chest. I really do like this Update.. Be prepared for some Devious teams coming outta yours truly xP

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-22-2015, 12:52 AM
Allow me to give just some examples on how this feature can be abused...

Star trooper (Super Villains)
Level: 36
Ability: Boost
Orbs 1: Attack Orb +30%
Orb 2: Critical strike +30%
Special Orb: Secondary curse ability

Damage: 1689
Damage: 2195 (attack orb)

After first turn....
Damage:2853 (Orb + ability)

Thats a pretty hefty amount of damage for an 11.11 speed mutant at level 36.. some serious DPS going on here.. but lets not forget the rest of it..
that 30% critical strike will double her damage making it 5707 on critical strike.. thats the normal damage of a level 36 mutant at 3.45.. and she will keep this up after her first turn.. lets go deeper and apply the critical strike *Buff* which is +50% ... now she will almost ALWAYS Critically strike!!
hence the term AutoCrit.. Lets factor in weakness.. Brutal hits will dish out 8,560 Damage after her first turn.. ALWAYS.. I say always only because that is enough damage to end the match in about 3 turns.. after her first turn... don't even need tags.. you cant even run a tank team against her with 3.33 speed because that gives her 3 turns to apply damage.. But lets not forget the ever so useful Curse ability.. Her Special Orb (you seriously might want to consider nerfing this one Orb Subcategory).. At present.. Curse does what 30% of the damage as mitigation? So thats 2,568 damage curses applied on each attack!! Those poor tank teams.. will NEVER stand a chance.. Unless of course they are Britany.. lols

Lets Do another one!!

Galactic Guardian (Gold Star)
Level 36
Ability: Retaliate
Orb 1: Attack + 30%
Orb 2: Retaliate +20% (I am assuming these are multiplicative makes more sense)
Special Orb: Secondary Drain

Damage: 5864 (OMG STAR TROOPER)
Damage: 7623 (+attack orb)

Thats a pretty big number.. If I recall correctly Retaliate was nerfed to 20% counter damage...even if I am wrong.. lets just use this for the sake of this example...

Damage: 1524 (Counter)
Damage: 1828 (+retaliate orb**Multiplicative)
Damage: 3049 (+retaliate orb**stackable)

A full team of Guardians would pretty much make speed teams look like suicide!! Well.. they already are anyways.. But this way.. the Guardians would probably not get a chance to hit something.. Because everything would just kill themselves on his shield.. and if he does? Well.. he'd heal right back up.. onto the next one...

Cyber Punk
Level: 36
Ability: Wound/Bleed
Orb 1: Health +30%
Orb 2: Critical Strike +30%
Special Orb: speed +1(speculation)
Health:7221
health: 9387(+Health orb)

Damage:2360 (4720 Critical)
Speed: 8.69(+Speed Orb)
Not only does she look like she's at below 5 speed.. She hits pretty darn hard and frequently! Able to outspeed mutants in the 8.33 speed tier and chunk their health by nearly 60% while applying a sizable wound that could end them in their next 2 turns or so..not to mention survive their hit on her.. She can wound the next mutant on her following turn and live out her purpose.. or maybe by then her teamates could cleanup..

Overall these examples are just few of the many things that could happen.. And over time players will adjust to these nifty perks.. but the main problem is the separation and distinction that comes with this update.. Free vs Premium.. of course Premium will win out.. and it will take a free player quite some time to reach up to the premium.. or be forced to start spending money.. which not everyone can do.. I'm a premium player... I spend money on you guys.. if you look at my history logs.. you'll know that... So I'm not crying unfair on me.. but on the player base in general.. I love this game. One of the few games I ever decided to spend on.. So I really would like to see it grow indefinitely.. I wouldn't say this update is bad.. or unwelcome.. believe me I would really like to explore the many possibilities of orb combinations.. but it does make the game much more expensive than it already is. Perhaps it would be prudent to permanently increase gold amounts per purchase, or lower incurred fees for gold purchasing slightly.. It would make these things more accessible to ALL players that way... You could even keep the gold Prices and amounts the way they are.. and just make this more acquirable towards free players.. Like as random campaign loot, or on level rewards.. and maybe do a little more balancing of the items... 80% critrate is pretty obscene.. anyways.. Thank you Hugo, and Kobojo for such a great Game.. xP and thanks for the update!! Cheers!!

Hasrul Azwan
04-22-2015, 03:33 AM
Wow this is a great update and make it more harder to compete with each other. Nice one ! But may i suggest some improvement such as remove 'Accelerate 1 Time' on daily mission and also add more space to put more mutants. Thank you

Clint Recabar Bebedor
04-22-2015, 04:19 AM
anyability he can equip ???

stalion199
04-22-2015, 04:44 AM
not sure if there was ability that recomends on them

stalion199
04-22-2015, 04:48 AM
the ORB is permanenent ???

Danica Otida
04-22-2015, 08:18 AM
please give me kobojo a orbs and yellow easter egg please

Fadi Brahem
04-22-2015, 08:58 AM
Pogolina;25596']Hey Matthew,

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to say that the team is heavily focused on PVP improvements. All the opinions and suggestions that have been sent our way have been discussed and analysed within the team, in order to decide what the most appropriate changes would be. I cannot at this point disclose the improvements we have in the pipeline, but we will make sure to publish a new set of patch notes describing these changes as soon as possible.

the legendery mutants are the strongest so instead of adding more power to them you should add only one orb and the exclusive mutant too
but all the other mutant should have 2 orbs
because
if we add
speed orb to brittany
than the pvp is dead
if we add power to brittany
the pvp is dead too
there are few legenderys who are considered weak so they should have some improvement and there is another option in pvp
we should restrict (i hate to say this) brittany and buranka tag only and other mutants are allowed
i use a lot of buranaka and brittany tags to win
so you should restict them in pvp
let s say my friend has
brittany evo 28
buranaka evo 26
monocerus evo 20
the tag will choose monocerus
it will hep a lot because a lot of people are unhappy with the current pvp

[K] Pogolina
04-22-2015, 09:36 AM
the ORB is permanenent ???

Well, they can be replaced by new orbs, but they cannot simply removed - so yes, once you equip it the orb is permanent until you replace it. :)

iosif
04-22-2015, 12:51 PM
As vrea si eu site-u ala de Mutants

[K] Hugo
04-22-2015, 03:19 PM
EDIT: Please note this will be a step by step process. Initially the orbs will only be available in the Shop.

Hey guys, just added a piece of information to the Patch Note!

_______

Kenneth, thanks a lot for your implication and for posting your detailed analysis of the feature!
Very interesting and on overall it make sense.

Note that that you based your demonstration on orbs and percentages displayed in the video - which was recorded while the feature was still in development. As a consequence, not all the Orbs will be available at the beginning, and the percentages will be different.

Orbs and percentages of increase will be unveiled progressively, creating a progression curve for everybody as well as balancing if needed.

Wait and see, the feature will be in your game soon :)

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Hugo;25638']Hey guys, just added a piece of information to the Patch Note!

_______

Kenneth, thanks a lot for your implication and for posting your detailed analysis of the feature!
Very interesting and on overall it make sense.

Note that that you based your demonstration on orbs and percentages displayed in the video - which was recorded while the feature was still in development. As a consequence, not all the Orbs will be available at the beginning, and the percentages will be different.

Orbs and percentages of increase will be unveiled progressively, creating a progression curve for everybody as well as balancing if needed.

Wait and see, the feature will be in your game soon :)

This is good news, a steady progression is always better to start off with.. These will start off in shop first.. HOPEFULLY we can still get some lesser orbs in gifts... as this WILL be effective enough to satisfy the free players.. However please consider my suggestion about Orb Quality and acquisition.. Having Higher orb qualities as rewards for hard work as opposed to simply buying them is better in the long term for the overall health of the game. Premium content should always be better than free content, that is a given, but hard work shouldn't be rewarded with mediocrity. So having higher orb qualities or even just the upper echelons of a particular Orb subcategory exclusive to events and PvP would be much more appealing to the players and better from a business standpoint. Many games failed to do this and that is why many games lose so much revenue. Thank you kindly Hugo and team for the consideration of my response to this update xP Cheers!

stalion199
04-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Pogolina;25618']Well, they can be replaced by new orbs, but they cannot simply removed - so yes, once you equip it the orb is permanent until you replace it. :)

any ORB can equip by any mutants ??? for example: Autonorush+Reataliate ORB ??? can he equip this ORB with the ability of Retaliate ???

aceti
04-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Hi Kobojo want to make a suggestion, you guys could create a mutant exchange system with other players, has many people who have repeated several mutants and it would be great for users who ... al agrees we will support this idea ...

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-22-2015, 07:53 PM
any ORB can equip by any mutants ??? for example: Autonorush+Reataliate ORB ??? can he equip this ORB with the ability of Retaliate ???

Based off what was said in the original post, you could possibly give a second ability. It is not certain yet whether you can give an orb to boost an ability that a mutant doesn't have, but I would surmise that even if you did... it would offer no benefit.. I don't know if it would apply to a secondary ability (ex: Adding +curse to increase power of Curse Special Orb)..... I would really hope it doesn't.. but even if it did... it shouldn't be too much of an impact..

stalion199
04-22-2015, 08:58 PM
Hi Kobojo want to make a suggestion, you guys could create a mutant exchange system with other players, has many people who have repeated several mutants and it would be great for users who ... al agrees we will support this idea ...

if kobojo will do this no one will buy anymore in shop they will depend now on exchanging mutants , me too i would love this if kobojo will do this , but i refer u must keep it on them , maybe someday they have an exchange :smug::smug:

Karsten Pudwill
04-23-2015, 06:03 AM
I have a suggestion:
Is there a chance on implementing "leveling up your orb"? In other words, having the orb equipped, then fighting to give experience to the orb to make it more powerful or bring out its full potential?
One of the problems with this suggestion is because the orb cannot be removed from the mutant, it feels risky and lowers amount of dedication to leveling the orb up.

Thank you for your consideration.

[K] Pogolina
04-23-2015, 08:47 AM
I have a suggestion:
Is there a chance on implementing "leveling up your orb"? In other words, having the orb equipped, then fighting to give experience to the orb to make it more powerful or bring out its full potential?
One of the problems with this suggestion is because the orb cannot be removed from the mutant, it feels risky and lowers amount of dedication to leveling the orb up.

Thank you for your consideration.

Hey Karsten,

This is a pretty cool suggestion - Thanks!
As Hugo mentioned, the orbs (in their current state) will slowly be added to the game, but we will be harvesting all the suggestions you send us along the way. We can't, at this point, say what will or not be changed as we first need to see how our Psy Captains react to this new feature.

Hey Stalion,

As it is mentioned in the patch notes:

How many orbs can be equipped on a mutant?
The number of orbs you can equip, depends on the rarity and type of mutant.
While a basic mutant can have 1 Normal Orb, more uncommon creatures (like Legendary mutants, for instance), will be able to hold up to 2 Normal Orbs and 1 Special Orb!

Cheers,
Alex

Prashanna Jayanthi
04-23-2015, 04:32 PM
yes it is correct bro

adyy78
04-23-2015, 05:06 PM
This is a terrible update!!!! why ? cos the players who can afford to buy stuff, like legendary mutants, will be a lot stronger, vs free-to-players, and this is a HUUUUGE disadventage, paying players who can simply afford anything will rule pvp tournaments and win the stars

also,most us already know how "luck" works in this game, we might get orbs quite regulary, but mostly the bad ones

i don't ask to take this update out, i ask you to balance it, i play over 2 years, almost 3, and i'm a free-to-player,and even now i have amazing disadvantage at pvp

Arjun Sankar M
04-23-2015, 05:40 PM
Why Kobojo Why Why are selling It at such a high price and ind the video you showed that there was one with a price of 1 Gold And where is it huh ?:chargrined::dejection::blue:

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-23-2015, 06:27 PM
The one gold pricing displayed in the video was not an actual price.. that was a developer's key to show the players HOW these orbs affect the mutants.. The prices in the vid weren't finalized..

Oh, even though these prices are small i comparison to other augmentations in the game, this is probably the most expensive one.. as a player would spend on the orbs, fill up their slots,, and then in order to place a different orb, owned or bought.. the player destroys the older orb.. This can actually get really really expensive as a player tries to optimize their mutant setups.. And there is no gain from a mistakenly placed orb.. so.. I would suggest a return at lesser value when replacing orbs.. For instance replacing a Critical 3 orb with an Attack 3 orb will return the Critical orb, but as Critical 2.. Replacing any level 1 orb would effectively destroy that orb.. as you release more orbs.. undoubtedly the prices of those orb will increase with the value of their respective boost. At the moment.. those level 1 Orbs seem cheap.. and are pretty awesome even at level 1.. but to optimize to the highest quality orbs would most definitely cost more than a gold star as you can change out the Orb boosts freely but a gold star mutant will only ever use 1 gold star..Currently... a gold Star awards +75% to stats.. please tell me the higher grade orbs will be worth as much if it comes at such expense... but then again.. +150% stats is pretty broken for this type of gameplay

stalion199
04-24-2015, 02:05 AM
Why Kobojo Why Why are selling It at such a high price and ind the video you showed that there was one with a price of 1 Gold And where is it huh ?:chargrined::dejection::blue:

i thought it was a small amount to buy this but it was tereble prize in the shop :grief::grief:

Grim Jack
04-24-2015, 02:10 AM
More strategy....I love it!

In response to the concern about auto-crits, I think there's an incorrect assumption in the calculations that expect critical hits to happen very often. As it is, crits happen how often (what % of the time)? I'm fairly sure the number hasn't been published anywhere, but for the sake of argument lets say crits happen 5% of the time. Using the current crit boost, +50% chance, only increases 5% to 7.5%. Adding another 30%, even to the already boosted 7.5%, only comes to 9.75%. So if I'm right, there will be no auto-crits.

Kaiju Possum
04-24-2015, 03:58 AM
Just wondering... is there a limit of one of each kind of normal orb per mutant, and if not, do they stack? Because if they can stack multiples of the same orb, you could end up with a normally fast mutant with a hefty attack through placement of multiple +attack orbs even without the special orbs.

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-24-2015, 08:11 AM
More strategy....I love it!

In response to the concern about auto-crits, I think there's an incorrect assumption in the calculations that expect critical hits to happen very often. As it is, crits happen how often (what % of the time)? I'm fairly sure the number hasn't been published anywhere, but for the sake of argument lets say crits happen 5% of the time. Using the current crit boost, +50% chance, only increases 5% to 7.5%. Adding another 30%, even to the already boosted 7.5%, only comes to 9.75%. So if I'm right, there will be no auto-crits.

That is under the assumption that the critical boost is applied Multiplicatively. Admittedly I based my calculation of critical hits on a cumulative formula. So far, I have noticed the Stat boosts to apply Cumulatively, where I was originally hoping the application would be multiplicative. I have noticed the Ability boosts to not be applied at all, something unexpectedly stumbled upon during my testing. I cannot test how the Critical orb formula is applied, Ran out of gold testing the previous two. But yes you are correct, if it the boost is applied multiplicatively then it wouldn't be Auto-crit.. It would be waste of gold though..

Kenneth Pocaigue
04-24-2015, 08:14 AM
Just wondering... is there a limit of one of each kind of normal orb per mutant, and if not, do they stack? Because if they can stack multiples of the same orb, you could end up with a normally fast mutant with a hefty attack through placement of multiple +attack orbs even without the special orbs.

They stack cumulatively, Adding 1 Attack orb will increase your mutant attack by +5% of its base damage. Adding another will make it +10%
Was hoping for another +5% of base stats but Idk.. It still makes a noticeable difference.

Don Jello Álmoité
04-24-2015, 09:36 AM
These Mutants: Genetic Gladiator's "Orbs" are just like Marvel: Avengers Alliance's "ISO", so as the game name with " : " and I like them both soo much :glee:(but I don't like the price)

Anesyr
04-24-2015, 03:44 PM
This kind of customization was needed in my opinion and it's always interesting, it even remembers me of the City of Heroes enhancements (closed old game), which boosted some aspects of some powers making them very different in some cases (more trapping or more damaging or better aimed etc.). here you customize the entire mutant more than a single power, but it seems a very similar concept and I like this very much!

Wojtek Reszka
04-24-2015, 05:27 PM
I would like to welcome you Kobojo give you two ideas for the game Mutants Genetic Gladiators czybyście first one is able to give the function mutants send to your friends on Facebook ? and the second is if you could add a PvP mode but for two people at the same time that it would involve that you can play with your friends on one PvP familiar to chose their three mutants and we also something on the principle of three prizes Wave would have won it is more difficult Hope Reply and that is because I was, and certainly other mutants wyyłać luogą myself so much I have to say goodbye Wojtek :angel:

Arjun Sankar M
04-25-2015, 08:15 AM
yeah bro :( :chargrined:

Unregistered
04-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Please refund all my money - I didn't sign up for pay to win

David Carl Lewis
04-25-2015, 03:55 PM
"Once an Orb has been equipped, it cannot be removed - it can only be replaced by a new orb - the previous one will be destroyed." No thats where you lost me I will not waste more gold

Zero
04-28-2015, 07:37 AM
In order to prevent broken aspects or overpowerment the highest level should be Level 2 Orbs, Level 3 would just be ridiculous....

Also Level 1 Stat orbs should just be sold for credits as they dont offer a huge advantage anyway...Special Orbs should be given as PvP rewards or for sale for a very limited time for gold only, and they shouldnt have any levels...

Leo Chen
06-04-2015, 04:03 PM
In order to prevent broken aspects or overpowerment the highest level should be Level 2 Orbs, Level 3 would just be ridiculous....

Also Level 1 Stat orbs should just be sold for credits as they dont offer a huge advantage anyway...Special Orbs should be given as PvP rewards or for sale for a very limited time for gold only, and they shouldnt have any levels...

I would prefer double levels, like 123 and bronze silver gold orbs, and the improvement not so much over the current stats of the mutants. I like the idea of mixing habilities, if the current state of hability is 30% retaliate it will improve 12% over acumulating 30%* 1,12 max at gold orb, something like that, and in mixing this mutt will be able to maintain the rate in the new hability.

john mentex
06-05-2015, 07:05 PM
Please refund all my money - I didn't sign up for pay to win
No way mister! I have spent about 150 dolars in this game so far, and i like to win because the advantages! It gives me pleasure!

Lucamask78
06-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Hi Kobo,
after two months of orbs I beg u:" please give us the possibility to remove the orbs without destroing them"
I assume that we'll see more powerful orbs (liv 3,4....) in the future so we'll need to change the orbs(liv 1,2) on our most powerful mutants (then we'll buy them) and if u give us the possibility to simply swap them, we can give the weaker orbs to weaker mutants.

U can't lose money for this because we have dozens of mutants then we really never full them normally simply because we don't need it but if u give us this chance maybe we can reuse weaker orbs for other utilization.

But more important you give us the possibility to try all the possible combinations to find the best combo for our mutants.and this mean i spend more because i need more orbs, so instead I will be more reluctant to spend because i waste money to try new combo.

Thank u Kobo

john mentex
06-30-2015, 09:53 PM
Which is the maximum level of orbs? 3?

Riina Kallioinen
06-30-2015, 11:02 PM
yes yes, the orbs are nice and cool replacement for the shield badges and we all love 'em.....
now give us back the silver stars as regular rewards! you can take the 7th reward "double regeneration" out in arena, and put silver star instead. i mean there's TWO regeneration rewards in there where as only one orb or other rewards

Grim Jack
07-01-2015, 03:57 AM
Which is the maximum level of orbs? 3?

3 is the highest released so far, yes.

john mentex
07-21-2015, 02:30 PM
When atack orbs lv.3 will be released? How much gold it will cost?

Isha
07-23-2015, 07:40 PM
I have purchased two 10% speed boost orbs and am not sure if the only two fast mutants I have (Gold Terrodoll and Wrenchfury) are worthy of it. I'm also thinking about a gold Zombat, and purchasing mutants is not possible for me. So please advise which mutant should I put the orb onto?

Konrad Peach
08-14-2015, 12:30 PM
I have purchased two 10% speed boost orbs and am not sure if the only two fast mutants I have (Gold Terrodoll and Wrenchfury) are worthy of it. I'm also thinking about a gold Zombat, and purchasing mutants is not possible for me. So please advise which mutant should I put the orb onto?

Zombat is the best choice of the three fastest mutants that you got. Evolve him to gold and put some health and the speed orb on him. I think platinum zombat is soon to be anounced, so get ready for it :D

Kh?c D??ng
08-14-2015, 06:06 PM
Which is the maximum level of orbs?

tipy98
08-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Is there any way to remove an orb without replacing it?

gWorldz
08-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Is there any way to remove an orb without replacing it?
No there is not :(