PDA

View Full Version : Gold Star Upgrade Special orb

Matthew Sherry
06-16-2015, 05:32 AM
Afaik most of the unique no star mutants have a 3rd slot for a special orb. Why not release a special orb that upgrades all the unique no star mutants to gold level? I know there are a few that are already gold star so obviously those ones don't need it. It would definitely be perfect for the monogene mutants like Easter Gunny and Garuda and the Zodiac mutants(I still think the Zodiacs should just be outright buffed to gold star level though).

[K] Hugo
06-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Sorry I am not sure to understand, you place an orb on a "no star" mutant and he becomes gold star?

Kenneth Pocaigue
06-18-2015, 06:50 PM
Hugo;28777']Sorry I am not sure to understand, you place an orb on a "no star" mutant and he becomes gold star?

What he means is to release an orb that is tailored specifically for Mutants that are ineligible for upgrades that will essentially put them on par with Gold Star mutants. His examples were Easter Gunny, Garuda, Zodiacs etc. Those particular mutants cannot be upgraded to gold star level and are only slightly weaker than gold or on the same level as Silver.. These mutants have great designs and people would really like to use them more often, but the focal point of many players is PvP.... and these mutants just aren't viable in the Gold Star metagame... No matter what Orbs you put on them to augment their stats or abilities, they fall short of gold star power because they were initially silver in strength and actually needed Orb usage to obtain the extra stats to be just even with Gold stars that have yet to use orbs... Thats basically what he is asking... a Special Orb that "upgrades" the Upgrade Ineligible.

narthrax
06-18-2015, 07:49 PM
all of the special mutants should have had gold stats if not stronger to begin with. zodiacs are very rare and so are the holiday mutants.

Matthew Sherry
06-19-2015, 02:22 PM
Hugo;28777']Sorry I am not sure to understand, you place an orb on a "no star" mutant and he becomes gold star?
Pretty much. The stats increase to Gold Star level. Most "no star" mutants like Zodiacs have +50% better stats so the Special Orb would increase their stats to +75% like Gold Star mutants. I would like to add, the orb should be for credits. Since you won't be able to add any other kind of special orb to the mutants.

all of the special mutants should have had gold stats if not stronger to begin with. zodiacs are very rare and so are the holiday mutants.
Yup they should have. I've been advocating for their stats to be increased for a while now.