PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing about this new PvP season

Boris Pankov
12-06-2013, 02:09 PM
So, firslty I am glad the low level cheaters are gone and no longer have upwards of 5k points at lvl 30 in the arena. That was a job well done.

However I have noticed something exceptionally strange this season. It seems an overwhelming number of people have been doing revenge on me and winning when they shouldnt have. I first started noticing it when after a pvp session where I won around 100 points just a few hours later that day I had lost 130 or so points because EVERYBODY I had fought had done a revenge attack and won their respective matches. Now, at that point I wasnt sure but I remember some exceptionally easy fights so I wondered how the hell that happened but whatever.

Next day I specifically wrote down the names of the people I had fought along with the outcome of the matches (if the tag was bad, how many mutants I had left, at what HP etc). And what do you know, several hours later 10 of the 11 people I had fought had done a revenge attack with 9 of them winning. Among those 9, 5 were easy wins when I attacked them with 3 of them being cases where I didnt lose a even single mutant. Furthermore 1 of those was a situation where a high level friend of mine had for some reason gotten a silver zombat to tag with so it was as bad a tag as possible and I STILL didnt lose a mutant. Yet the guy's revenge was successful.

Now, I dont want to point fingers and call "cheater" but this does seem a bit more than just a few bad streaks of luck. So I'm asking has anybody else had something similar happen this season? Has the AI changed to be dumber than usual? Aside from my mutants attacking specifically the wrong enemy types I cant possibly imagine how I could have lost some of those matches yet I did and my score suffered as a result...

Karr1981
12-06-2013, 03:41 PM
Hi Boris,

One explaination for this could be that for whatever reason those individuals have not set up their best mutants to be their defence team, therefore when you attack them you are able to win easily, but when they are revenging they are picking a stronger team to face you.

Chris

Blaskievics Roland
12-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Wtf? Same happened to me...like 7 people revenged and I loss 120 points...How i remember they wery low-leveled weak enemies,my only explonation was that they haved gold mutants and did not put them on defense....

Boris Pankov
12-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi Boris,

One explaination for this could be that for whatever reason those individuals have not set up their best mutants to be their defence team, therefore when you attack them you are able to win easily, but when they are revenging they are picking a stronger team to face you.

Chris

Thanks Chris I did consider this but I would imagine that may be the case for only a few people not this many. Which leads me to a suggestion. It may be very useful to implement some sort of a replay for the matches one gets while defending. That way first we'll see for certain if anybody is cheating and two it would give a much better way to tell if there's a point to try revenge. Even a text-based round-by-round play would do fine if it's a matter of server capacity. Not to mention they would be stored only for a couple of weeks (the duration of a season) then wiped. I REALLY want to know how I lost those matches. Also it would provide a tool for newer players to see the holes in their tactics.

Long Ngo
12-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Yo, i just recently started a fight in the PVP like normal, i won but then i recieved nothing, no fame, no money, no points .....

Max Rahl
12-08-2013, 03:52 AM
I've had a somewhat similar experience of being soundly thrashed by revenge attacks from players I easily trounced in my original attack. Chris' explanation seems valid enough but I very much like your suggestion, Boris, of some form of instant replay option, even a text based one, so I too can see if a revenge attack on my part is a worthwhile endeavor.