PDA

View Full Version : [Plebiscite]: Mutant Reactor's Characters Redundancy (VOTE NOW!)

Jero Shannon
12-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Good Morning/Day/Night everyone,

This thread talks about the fact of being able to obtain duplicate mutants in the Mutants Reactor.

It's well known how annoying this game desing can be to every player so after reading a lot of comments either in facebook or in the forum, I've just though that we can make a referendum in order to share our opinion with the Game Designers.
It's not the intention to make the game easier but "rewarder". It takes too much effort to obtain a Reactor Token, and getting a duplicate mutant becomes sadly frustrating.

Please take a minute and give your opinion in the POLL above

Thanks,

Jero Shannon
12-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Feel free to give your written Opinion.

Shawn BM
12-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I agree with both yes or no.
Yes, because its really frustrating when you got a duplicate mutant mostly time and reactor tokens are not easy to get.
No, because if you get every mutant just in 1st try ,then it will be not that much fun in getting last mutant(free one).
So,i would like a idea which can prevent in getting the duplicates always.I mean its ok...if you get 2 or 3 duplicates but more then 3 is not a good deal.

Mathieu Poteaux
12-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Voted no. Of course it's a free bonus so some can say there is no reason to criticise. Just because it's free means we must agree with it ... if reactor tokens were more easy to obtain, or if they weren't a part or prizes in pvp or events, it would be ok. Now you're given tokens (still for free, i know) instead of other bonuses, you have a time limit to obtain a full collection (since they tend to replace collections from time to time), logically you'll have to buy gold to play this, it's quite purely marketing, but it's a facebook games marketing that appear as soon as games have a bit of fame, they try to gain more money by adding crappy content and make the goals "longer" to attain so you'll NEED to spend real money ... and it ends pissing off alot of players (even paying ones)

On a simpler thought, the superheroes collection needs at least 15 tokens (3 tokens / roll),or 6000 golds (1200 golds/roll), let's image you're eager to complete it, you just take 6 tokens and 3600 golds but each token takes at least 1 week to be earned (if you manage to win them each time), making it 6 weeks and 3600 golds ... but yeah, kobojo offered some tokens for ppl on the forum and on facebook ("challenges"), lesser it by 3 or 4.
So, it makes you need MINIMUM and in the best conditions (considering you're walletwarrioring you way), you'll need 3 weeks and 3600 golds IF YOU ARE LUCKY AND HAVE NO DOUBLE
Else, add 1 week or 1200 golds per try.
Note : doubles are sometimes not useful at all even in the most expensive collection (colossus is funny looking, stats are barely different more life less damages)

But i get it, they need to earn their life too, they developped a game and it's normal they earn money with it ... none the less i still think it's possible while keeping frustration of players to a low level ...

Vishal Pal
12-09-2013, 02:47 PM
I vote no. Getting duplicate mutants in gothic or steampunk may be ok but 3 tokens wasted in superheroes and got the same mutant when tokens aren't easily available is not good.

Boris Pankov
12-09-2013, 03:25 PM
I believe a "somewhere in between" position is best so I will not vote at this time. There should be an option to getting duplicates as is the nature of every gambling, however I would like to see introduced ways to reduce that probability. Perhaps pay gold/credits to "lock out" certain choices you dont want to happen. And obviously if you block 4 you can guarantee your reward but you still will need to pay a decent bit for it. Another option is to add something like a cumulative luck factor with which every time you win a duplicate your chance to win that mutant is lowered significantly so if you keep trying your chances to get the one you need get greatly increased.

Benjamin Wilton
12-09-2013, 03:30 PM
yes and no. max you should get is x2 then that mutant is perm gery'd out

Jero Shannon
12-09-2013, 04:10 PM
I think maybe a minimum level of duplication could exist in "x1" and "x2" reactor tokens roullette , but in the "x3" one (Superheroe's) the duplication makes the collection almost unreachabble.

Ronald Richard
12-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Voted yes. No question about it. The game is already convenient enough. They gave the rooftop for free (we don't have to buy the rooftop using gold anymore). They gave mutants for free. And now with the jackpot system, they also provide another way for us to collect more golds for free. Kobojo already generous enough to their players, and you still want it to be more convenient for you? You said that it takes a long time to collect the tokens, and you felt that you should be rewarded for your effort. But don't forget, you get a reactor only mutant for every spin, regardless it's a double or not. So, you're already get your reward for your effort. If you're lucky, you could get a gold mutant by using 2 or 3 tokens.

How great is that? Playing for 2 or 3 weeks, and you being rewarded with a gold mutant. If you use the tokens on girl power or the new set replacing it, you can get a mutant for free each week. I would say that kobojo is more generous than any other game producer. I played dragon city, a game similar with this before, and they NEVER gave any special dragons for free. They did gave a few dragons, but it requires you to play their other games to unlocked it, which is time consuming and a pain in the ass. As for other new dragons, we must pay with gem (the same as golds in this game) to get it. MGG not only gave free mutants from reactor, but also from winning PvE and PvP. And if you think that it's their scheme to force people to buy golds, then it's up to you. Nobody force you to use golds on reactors or jackpots. But if you're too impatient to wait for months or years to complete the collection, then be my guest to use the golds.

Jero Shannon
12-09-2013, 05:03 PM
Voted yes. No question about it. The game is already convenient enough. They gave the rooftop for free (we don't have to buy the rooftop using gold anymore). They gave mutants for free. And now with the jackpot system, they also provide another way for us to collect more golds for free. Kobojo already generous enough to their players, and you still want it to be more convenient for you? You said that it takes a long time to collect the tokens, and you felt that you should be rewarded for your effort. But don't forget, you get a reactor only mutant for every spin, regardless it's a double or not. So, you're already get your reward for your effort. If you're lucky, you could get a gold mutant by using 2 or 3 tokens.

How great is that? Playing for 2 or 3 weeks, and you being rewarded with a gold mutant. If you use the tokens on girl power or the new set replacing it, you can get a mutant for free each week. I would say that kobojo is more generous than any other game producer. I played dragon city, a game similar with this before, and they NEVER gave any special dragons for free. They did gave a few dragons, but it requires you to play their other games to unlocked it, which is time consuming and a pain in the ass. As for other new dragons, we must pay with gem (the same as golds in this game) to get it. MGG not only gave free mutants from reactor, but also from winning PvE and PvP. And if you think that it's their scheme to force people to buy golds, then it's up to you. Nobody force you to use golds on reactors or jackpots. But if you're too impatient to wait for months or years to complete the collection, then be my guest to use the golds.

That's the thing, the players are not able to wait months or years, the collections ends at some time, so that's the real issue. The collection completion ends in a matter of luck instead of a matter of effort. The tokens can be reached without gold, but if you don't put time and constancy, you will not be able to reach the milestones required to receive those rewards...

So I'm not sure as you are about tokens being "Free".

I like your opinion about this topic, but I don't see necesary the fact of comparing the game functionallity with another games. It was designed as it is and it should evolve as it own, not taking in mind another games. The two options in the Poll could be an extreme thing, something in the middle could figure it out. That's the real objective of this topic.

Thanks!

Ronald Richard
12-09-2013, 05:26 PM
What i mean by free is that you don't have to pay for it, or use those hard earned golds or credits to get the tokens. If you're talking about time and effort consuming, playing a game is already time and effort consuming, so don't count it as a payment method for the token. You're having fun playing the game anyway.

Yes, the fact that the collection end in a period like the girlpower one really burdens us, and that's what i hate about it. But leaving that aside, you do get a mutant for free each weak (if you use tokens on gothic, or each 2 / 3 weeks on other set). Don't forget that token wasn't the ultimate prize of PvP or PvE. Token is the prize for the veteran league and 60th stage of PvE, which is quite easy to obtain. So it's as good as free anyway.

The bonus mutants you get from completing the set is as good as zodiacs, if it's not better. If you asked the dev to prevent the reactor to give duplicate mutants, then you can complete the whole set in 30 weeks (or 35, since there's a new set). It's the same as if you asked to be rewarded by a zodiac mutant for every 9 weeks of playing the game, which is quite unreasonable and too much convenient for the players. Not to mention that you also get another 20 special reactor mutants along the way.

Ronald Richard
12-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry, got a double post due to lagging.

Jero Shannon
12-09-2013, 06:59 PM
What i mean by free is that you don't have to pay for it, or use those hard earned golds or credits to get the tokens. If you're talking about time and effort consuming, playing a game is already time and effort consuming, so don't count it as a payment method for the token. You're having fun playing the game anyway.

Yes, the fact that the collection end in a period like the girlpower one really burdens us, and that's what i hate about it. But leaving that aside, you do get a mutant for free each weak (if you use tokens on gothic, or each 2 / 3 weeks on other set). Don't forget that token wasn't the ultimate prize of PvP or PvE. Token is the prize for the veteran league and 60th stage of PvE, which is quite easy to obtain. So it's as good as free anyway.

The bonus mutants you get from completing the set is as good as zodiacs, if it's not better. If you asked the dev to prevent the reactor to give duplicate mutants, then you can complete the whole set in 30 weeks (or 35, since there's a new set). It's the same as if you asked to be rewarded by a zodiac mutant for every 9 weeks of playing the game, which is quite unreasonable and too much convenient for the players. Not to mention that you also get another 20 special reactor mutants along the way.

Don't worry about the duplicate post haha..

I understand what you mean regarding the continuous mutant rewards, as you I'm an player that never trends to make games easier, they become boring. The poin I try to get is this discussion in order to achieve some kind of good resolution that could help the MGG evolution.

Maybe there is no need to erase the ccollections, maybe they can stay while new arrives. Or maybe if the duplicates functionallity dissapear, the amount of tokens needed to spin the wheel could increase in order to balance everything as it needs to.

Mi opinion regarding the Mutants Reactor is that it is still in Beta. The art of the reactor spinning makes the user to think that what you get will not appear again (Yellow and Green borders of the Mutant Avatars). Besides that issue, for someone able to get, as you said, 1 token/week, a lot of Reactor Mutants are really obsolete (I.E: Colossus/Hulk) so having one of them could be just funny but not productive. Having two of them becomes annoying.

I'm afraid that such a strong functionallity in the game could be undervalued because it works based on just luck. We already have a functionallity based on luck (Jackpot), it feels as an unnecessary similarity.

I think the reactor needs some adjustmens, let's find them! :tyrannosaurus:

Sanjith Rohan
12-09-2013, 07:57 PM
I have to say no as well. Reactor tokens take time to earn, sometimes are given out by the devs but its so frustrating when you keep getting the ones you already have. I have wasted 4 tokens on the new reactor and got the same ones, I spent alot of time trying to earn the tokens yet they give me the same mutants. I think this is really unfair. I think they might have to add a system where if you have it 2 or more times you can't get it no more, or you can use them to get another free spin......

Boris Pankov
12-09-2013, 08:32 PM
I have to say no as well. Reactor tokens take time to earn, sometimes are given out by the devs but its so frustrating when you keep getting the ones you already have. I have wasted 4 tokens on the new reactor and got the same ones, I spent alot of time trying to earn the tokens yet they give me the same mutants. I think this is really unfair. I think they might have to add a system where if you have it 2 or more times you can't get it no more, or you can use them to get another free spin......

Oh that's a good one! Recycling an unneeded reactor mutant into reactor tokens sounds like an awesome idea!

Mathieu Poteaux
12-09-2013, 08:46 PM

Some mutants won in the reactor are as good as normal mutants too .. with only slight variations.
I do agree with you on the danger to give those too easely, but in this case a way to "salvage" mutants would be a good thing to prevent frustration ... for players willing to keep their gold on something else than reactor (so it's a choice yup), 15 weeks (minimum) is a decent amount of time for one collection and i don't think it's too fast but whatever ... since it's bothering quite a lot of players, i guess it's not a good balance between the joy of getting new mutants and the frustration of the time it takes :p

Issy van Dorp
12-10-2013, 07:06 AM
gestemd hoor

Wayne C Halverson
12-10-2013, 07:14 AM
It would be nice if the odds for duplicates slowly improved in our favor as we collected the set. Like a small 3% chance that increases by 3% as we knock out the set. So that when you only need the last mutant your chances have improved 12%.

Ronald Richard
12-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Oh that's a good one! Recycling an unneeded reactor mutant into reactor tokens sounds like an awesome idea!

Trading double mutants for token is nice. Trading them for 50% of their original price, or something along the line. But considering there's a cheap collection which only requires 1 token, there's a high risk of abuse. When they recycle android for token, they still get 1 token, for there's no way you can get half a token (or maybe you can if dev decide to make such a feature). Another option is trading some mutants, let's say 3 mutants for 1 token. But trading 3 hulks, which requires 9 tokens to get, for 1 token is hurt a lot as well. But yes, it's still a viable option.

Another option to take is, by increasing the amount of token you can get. With the current system, you can get at most 4 tokens a month (or maybe more if you're so lucky to get it from jackpot). They could add reactor token to daily reward, just like how they add experience drink, to increase the increments of token (if they lucky though).

Boris Pankov
12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Trading double mutants for token is nice. Trading them for 50% of their original price, or something along the line. But considering there's a cheap collection which only requires 1 token, there's a high risk of abuse. When they recycle android for token, they still get 1 token, for there's no way you can get half a token (or maybe you can if dev decide to make such a feature). Another option is trading some mutants, let's say 3 mutants for 1 token. But trading 3 hulks, which requires 9 tokens to get, for 1 token is hurt a lot as well. But yes, it's still a viable option.

Another option to take is, by increasing the amount of token you can get. With the current system, you can get at most 4 tokens a month (or maybe more if you're so lucky to get it from jackpot). They could add reactor token to daily reward, just like how they add experience drink, to increase the increments of token (if they lucky though).

Obviously if such a feature was introduced the pricess will be adjusted. Adding a "half a token" wouldnt be that difficult to code at all or prices could just rise instead. In any case considering the limited amount of rooftop space getting useless doubles from the reactor can be frustrating and being able to recycle them for tokens (whatever the conversion rate would be) is something that will help both in aiding the completion of a collection and of managing rooftop space.

Ah Chan
12-10-2013, 12:16 PM
i vote yes... it is too hard to get reactor token...if we can get 2 or 3 in one time, that's great:emmersed:

Jero Shannon
12-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Continue with the votation!

Nanda Kishore
12-11-2013, 06:59 PM
i suggest no cos with new skins coming out & we get limited tokens it will be hard the reason i am telling this is i have seen people getting copies more than 3 times when the need just 1 guy to complete the collection & even i have 2 captain peace & being level 100 + guy its really useless to get get copies & i dont even like to keep copies of my gold mutants normally

Enzo Palacio Morales
12-11-2013, 09:49 PM
i think they should improve the posibilities to get a new mutant

Michael Hamm
12-12-2013, 12:44 PM
voting yes, but it should be reduced as to how often it can happen. if you couldn't get duplicates, then cash players could have a huge advantage, being able to get the ultra mutants (such as the mr. marvelous who is very strong). They would know exactly how much gold it would take them to get it. And if you think "well, then gold players should be able to get duplicates, but using reactor tokens shouldn't" then the gold players would counter that they are the ones who fund this game and allow it to exist, so they should get the benefits, not free players.

Jero Shannon
12-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Continue with your opinions! We'll get something good all togheter!

Ayiie Castro
12-13-2013, 04:42 AM
Please Fix it . i wasted alot of R.Tokens -.-

Jero Shannon
12-14-2013, 05:11 PM
Has this post been seen by any MOD or ADMIN?

Shawn BM
12-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Has this post been seen by any MOD or ADMIN?

Well,who knows?
But,keep alive this thread..they will look this for sure . :D

Daniele Iraci
12-16-2013, 06:22 PM
hi, i can be both yes and no, but the thing is: its very frustrating using the tokens and get the same mutants... for example, i saved 5 tokens for the new gothic reactor because i really like Gargantus, i used them all and i got only 1 duplicate of baron lundi and in that moment it was missing only alien to complete the collection, now after 2 weeks i got other tokens (4) and i used them all on gothic reactor, and you know what i got? duplicate medusa's, baron lundi's (2 times), and duplicate martian marauder...... i need only the alien to complete the collection and i dont know what to do.... i dont know if its a bug or something....

Jero Shannon
12-17-2013, 12:15 PM
hi, i can be both yes and no, but the thing is: its very frustrating using the tokens and get the same mutants... for example, i saved 5 tokens for the new gothic reactor because i really like Gargantus, i used them all and i got only 1 duplicate of baron lundi and in that moment it was missing only alien to complete the collection, now after 2 weeks i got other tokens (4) and i used them all on gothic reactor, and you know what i got? duplicate medusa's, baron lundi's (2 times), and duplicate martian marauder...... i need only the alien to complete the collection and i dont know what to do.... i dont know if its a bug or something....

I know what you mean.. And I really don't know what to do with some mutants as Hellboy, the Gothic mrtian marauder or Hulk.. They are useless, they cannot be upgraded, they just stay there at lvl 1.

James Wash
12-17-2013, 10:13 PM
If the reactor mutant selection process is random, you have a 3.8% chance of getting all 5 mutants in the first 5 buys. Overall, it would take about 17 buys to have a 50/50 chance of getting all 5

Jero Shannon
12-18-2013, 11:50 AM
If the reactor mutant selection process is random, you have a 3.8% chance of getting all 5 mutants in the first 5 buys. Overall, it would take about 17 buys to have a 50/50 chance of getting all 5

:P

BBlurr RJ
12-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I agree with u completely with the duplicate mutant reward part! :mad:

Kevin Van Kerrebroeck
12-18-2013, 04:44 PM
No..
I spent 3 reactor tokens trying to get the last mutant in the girl power reactor and i got doubles 3x..
Sure i now have 2 bronze demons and 2 bronze grim reapers, but i wanted the gold valkyrie.

Now that reactor line is gone and i have no chance to get the gold start mutant anymore.

SO please get a better system for doubles in the reactor.

Thanos Kaitatzis
12-18-2013, 08:13 PM
at the new gothic reactor i spent 4 token...i got 2 medusa and 2 rakshasa...i try soo hard to get one DAMN token and u give me duplicate??
Of cource i voted NOOOOOOOOO!!

Roger Hendrickson
12-19-2013, 10:08 AM
It is very sad that we can well some of us can only get 1 mutants from the reactor it is the same one every time lighten up let us maybe just get 2 of the same not 10 Thanks

Hien Chi Nguyen
12-30-2013, 05:24 PM
any updates on when this will be implemented? I've wasted too much gold and tokens on the gothic to be getting the same 2 baron lundi/martian over and over.

Jero Shannon
12-30-2013, 10:33 PM
Any good idea?

Joseph Foster
01-02-2014, 04:07 AM
maybe just get 2 of the same not 10
idea: trade-in system, can trade 4 mutants for mutant of lower standing

Héctor Pimentel Bonilla
01-02-2014, 06:43 AM
I vote NO.
My daughter gift me you offer of the Behemuth and with the gold I buy the Snowmage...was my christmas gift...!!!
In México is not cheap play with money... I use 5 Reactor's tokens in the Gothic Collection and I get 2 Baron Lundi and 3 Medusas...
In the game, I try to obtain the Zomborg but instead I have 9 Dead Bot, trying the Undead Dragon I get 4 Cerberus and instead the Planet Cleaner I have 6 Colossus... is to sad...!!! please no more than 3 o 4 duplicate mutants... mercy...!!!

Jero Shannon
01-04-2014, 05:32 PM
After I started the Superheroes, and received a duplicated mutant, I've changed to something easier, so I completed the Gothic ones. Gargantus is awesome.
Trying again the superheroes, scares me a little bit..

Jero Shannon
01-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Come on everyone, don't forget to vote!

Mathieu Poteaux
01-11-2014, 12:47 AM
well, superheroes are gone, i ended up without completing the collection, didn't play on girl power nor steam punk, so far i have
- 1 hulk
- 2 peace captain
- 2 teck tao/bruce lee
- 5 enforcers

It feels like going to the proctologist when in fact the doctor is wolverine.

Jero Shannon
01-14-2014, 09:56 AM
It feels like going to the proctologist when in fact the doctor is wolverine.

Hahahahahahahahhahahahhaha..

Barbara Van Der Berg
01-17-2014, 11:44 PM
I agree I already got in the goth one 3 Martian Merauders and 2 Baron Lungis.

Barbara Van Der Berg
01-18-2014, 12:23 AM
I love this game, a lot. Because it reminds me of Heroes of Newerth with the different Heroes and abilities, and the other reason because of the unique imagination of the different heroes/mutants the 2 games have. I'm always excited to see what the new mutant will be and trying my best to make it a collection, trying to collect every mutant I can without missing out on one. I have missed a few but it's because I discovered and started the game late and missed 3 pvp season mutants.

Now, trying to get the the new unique mutant(s) in the NEW pvp seasons is just as hard as to obtain the reactors. So when I finally get a reactor I'm all excited to see what I will get next, then to my dismay I get a double, then a triple, but I didn't have that problem with the girl power part but by the end when I got the final reactor to complete my collection it turned out another double. So I tried for another reactor, I got it but then girl power was removed. :hopelessness: :grief:

Please stop making things hard for us, as it will make the game unpleasant for most of us and will end up making us so frustrated and mad that we end up quitting the game and end up loosing some of your customers. Another thing, your prices are ridiculous! Buying gold is expensive, reactors are expensive and your amount of reactors as an added bones to your purchase of gold is too little. There was a mutant once that I've liked a lot. But when I saw the price I said no way in hell will I pay that much money for a virtual character, the amount was almost 900 Rands (south africa currency) is enough to pay for 2 weeks worth of petrol to work and back.

If I may, I would like to suggest that you make your prices more affordable for all the players but also for you to make a good and fair profit like a win win for you and the players. These prices shows me signs of you (kobojo) that you want to get rich quick or greedy for more money because of the almost instant success of the game and in my opinion that will make the game become unsuccessful if you don't make it fair for us and for you.

That is how I see it and this is my honest, straight forward opinion about how I feel about this game's current status.:jaded:

Tomasz Kaczmarczyk
01-18-2014, 08:30 PM
My "luck" so far in Gothic reactor:

3 medusas
3 martian marauders
3 baron lundis
2 rakshasas

The longer I play this game, the more suspicious I become.

Wolf Al Harez
01-19-2014, 12:51 PM
My "luck" so far in Gothic reactor:

3 medusas
3 martian marauders
3 baron lundis
2 rakshasas

The longer I play this game, the more suspicious I become.

wow u are lucky
here is my luck
2medusa
8 martian marauders

Jero Shannon
01-19-2014, 07:59 PM
wow u are lucky
here is my luck
2medusa
8 martian marauders

Woff.. I hate Martian Marauder

Blaskievics Roland
01-20-2014, 07:25 AM
Good Morning/Day/Night everyone,

This thread talks about the fact of being able to obtain duplicate mutants in the Mutants Reactor.

It's well known how annoying this game desing can be to every player so after reading a lot of comments either in facebook or in the forum, I've just though that we can make a referendum in order to share our opinion with the Game Designers.
It's not the intention to make the game easier but "rewarder". It takes too much effort to obtain a Reactor Token, and getting a duplicate mutant becomes sadly frustrating.

Please take a minute and give your opinion in the POLL above

Thanks,...God damn it, I missclicked and voted yes.....;_;...WHY GOD? WHYYY?

James Ze Awezome
01-20-2014, 09:32 PM

So close yet so far, i guess 3 more tokens then i got gargantus, i have already spent 10, i find that lucky to be honest.

Jhonatan Soto
01-21-2014, 04:20 AM
i got like 7 baron samudis iam so pissed. i need the rakasha skin and iam done

Jero Shannon
01-29-2014, 01:07 PM

So close yet so far, i guess 3 more tokens then i got gargantus, i have already spent 10, i find that lucky to be honest.

Gargantus is awesome, don't give up!

Paul Crivea
02-04-2014, 10:40 PM
i got like 7 baron samudis iam so pissed. i need the rakasha skin and iam done

I just played four tokens.. all four Baron Samedi... what the frig... I feel your pain... all I need to get the Gothic prize is the alien and Medusa.

Marko Tanasic
02-05-2014, 01:16 AM
Wanted to vote no, but clicked yes. Make an option to re-vote.

Ryan Crichton
02-06-2014, 01:41 AM
This has to be one of the most frustrating parts of the game right now -- I've lost count of how many Reactor Tokens I've wasted on mutants I already have. What makes them think I'd ever waste gold on these when there seems to be almost no chance of getting the one mutant I don't have yet?

Ryan Crichton
02-06-2014, 01:42 AM
I just played four tokens.. all four Baron Samedi... what the frig... I feel your pain... all I need to get the Gothic prize is the alien and Medusa.

I'm right there with you -- I've gotten 4 medusas now and still can't get the alien (only one I'm missing).

Kurtiss d'Cannith
02-09-2014, 03:14 AM
I understand the purpose of the game is to make you want to spend real money. Or rather, to reward you for spending real money on the game. That said, as a "free" game, there is WAY to much advantage given to those who are willing to dump cash.
As a 42 year-old father of two who is gainfully employed in the US, I am honestly appalled at the price of gold in the game. I'll admit I finally broke down and spent $9.99 on the 80% off deal for 2500 gold, plus slot tokens and 1 (whopping) reactor token. I can't imagine paying $30 for 1300 gold even once, let alone on a regular basis or $200 for the top item!! I can only assuming there are those out there that do so willingly. I understand the rewards for such folks, yet it is unreasonable to expect folks to continue grinding away for an hour or so every day and still be so disadvantaged in the top 15-20% of PVP. And let's face it, if you want to continue to collect new creatures, your only options are PVP, gold, or the reactor.
So, the reactor:
When M:GG first introduced it, I thought it was a great idea. I loved the look of the SteamPunk (I'm a fan of the genre to begin with) so I plugged away. The tokens were much easier to get, several levels of the special event had them and they were given away much more frequently. 10 tokens later I had the whole collection, and I LOVE the gold Wrenchfury and Beetle Bots. Had I realized the Super Heroes were such more powerful versions of their common clones, I might have done differently, but I still like my Steam Punks.
Was I just lucky or has the game changed to the redundancy? When Japan came out I saved tokens and spun twice. I got the lower 2, the Nordic and the Robot. I spent some of the above mentioned, purchased, gold to see if I could get more and got another Nordic. I am afraid to spend anymore!!!!!!
With one token for 2 weeks of PVP and one token for 2 weeks of an event, it would take me 6 more weeks to get the whole collection, assuming no duplicates.Personally, I think anyone who shows the dedication of playing everyday for 4 months or more has EARNED a unique gold mutant.
Enough rant, back to the grind.

Frias Luigi
02-09-2014, 07:56 AM
same here. i preferred the steampunk edition since i used to be a big fan of the beetlebot mutant but i've wasted far enough tokens and i think that i should have already got all of them. seriously, i would be able to understand if i'm getting a duplicate of all the mutants i've got in the collection, but imagine: of all the tries i've made w/ the reactor, i've only got 3: warrior, lich lock and bounty bug. i'm fine when i got the warrior; the first of them that i got. then, next is bounty bug. i had the bounty bug after a few more tokens prior to getting the lich lock, w/c i totally understand and i'm fine with. but after i got the lichlock, all of my other tries gave me the bounty bug, and i've like been like this until my last try(which is just a few minutes ago prior to replying to the thread). i would have completely understood the duplicate thing but seriously? always the bounty bug? and to consider i still have to get the stealth bot and captain wrenchfury. :frown-new:

Drew Warren Hladun
02-10-2014, 02:03 AM
i voted no based on the fact that i have too many double mutants from the reactor (12 from girl power and 23 from steampunk) and yes that means that i have stupidly used some of my money to buy the gold to use the reactor in the hopes of completing them, i don't mind getting a few extra but this is ludicrous...maybe they could do something where you can turn in the unused repeats to get a new token or something but i have stopped buying the gold for them since there are better games to waste my money on (and yes before you ask i will still waste the money per month on whatever game i am playing at the time...just not my full allotment on this one)