PDA

View Full Version : pvp help?

Larry Larsson
08-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Any tips on how to do better in pvp?

Howard
08-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Have a good balanced team, play around until you find a team you like. Your defence team should be consistent, but your attack team should be a bit different, often changing.

gWorldz
08-06-2015, 01:31 AM
My biggest problem is figuring out what mutants are best for defense team :(

Howard
08-06-2015, 02:52 AM
There is no best team, it all depends on what combinations you use. You should try to have a spread of different genes, and usually no touching genes. Popular mutants for defense are Apex, X27, Buranka, Tengu.

For speeds, best mutants are speed 12+, 5-7.14 and less then 4.

Overall, defense teams will lose more times then win (unless you are a much higher evo), as players can use strategy against you.

Konrad Peach
08-06-2015, 07:45 AM

I use a very common defense team on evo 38 and I win more than half of my defense fights, which is very good. X27 is great fo "releasing" the tag and constantly annoying my opponents. Platinum apex is a bomb and the replacement of mr. marvelous...sorry marv. BUT the major improvement of my team is tengu, cuz he outspeeds all the other popular tanks, has a nice gene coverage, does 60% retaliate damage (special bonus) and brutal damage against haggis, galactic guardian, thor, buck and so on...

Howard
08-06-2015, 03:42 PM
My defense team is always changing based on the PvP build

My current team is Tengu-Abraham-Buck(Plat)
Before that it was Tengu-Abraham-Galactic Guardian (Retaliate team with all genes covered)
Before that it was X27-X27-Apex (Mythic first due to britany spread attacks)
Before that it was Autonorush, Zombat, Space Princess
Before that it was Autonorush, Azuria, Terrordoll
Before that it was Autonorush, Zombat, Star Trooper (Balanced speed team)
When I first started it was Oriax, Captain Peace, Enforcer (under level 20)

There were a few more inbetween. Keep track of the popular mutants (and teams) and defend against that

Jin Maurice
08-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Depends on your playstyle, u can set up a good defense team but u need good defense tags in that case, otherwise u can do 50 fights the first day and get 2500 points then you're done with pvp, i usually use this method cos it's faster and u don't have to bother searching the perfect defense team fill it with orbs which cost a lot of gold also, it's up to u.
Good luck

Adam John
08-07-2015, 06:22 AM
My biggest issue lately are my tags...i have 1-2 a day. I've got 14 ppl on my friends list, but when I send out my requests, I get max 3 on a good day, this makes winning defenses very difficult. No tags for defense, probably going to lose the fight.

So far this PvP I've been getting my butt handed to me.

Defense Team last PvP was Buranka, X27 and Zeus at Evo 37. I had a 68% win rate all together and made it to top 1%.

This PvP I'm at a 48% win rate with the same defense team and mixing up my attack teams. Another thing I noticed, I'm losing a lot more fights and getting docked -20. Last PvP I only had a handful of those, as most loses were -5 or -10.

What is killing me about that -20 loses, is when I attack them back, their defense team is the same evo as me, or higher...so, I don't get it.

That brings me to a question on strategy: Is the new strat. to have your highest level EVO mutants on Defense, then attack with somewhat lower level Evo Mutants and use a high level tag?

For instance, if I see my opponents sum level is 114, should I get an attack with Evo mutants who's sum level is 108, so ?that if I win I get way more points, and if I lose, I won't lose 20. I'm starting to get the idea that this is what has been going on, as I've never seen so much of this in previous PvP tournaments.

Its been frustrating logging in and seeing you lost 60 points in 3 defenses, lol.

Konrad Peach
08-07-2015, 10:06 AM
My biggest issue lately are my tags...i have 1-2 a day. I've got 14 ppl on my friends list, but when I send out my requests, I get max 3 on a good day, this makes winning defenses very difficult. No tags for defense, probably going to lose the fight.

What is killing me about that -20 loses, is when I attack them back, their defense team is the same evo as me, or higher...so, I don't get it.

That brings me to a question on strategy: Is the new strat. to have your highest level EVO mutants on Defense, then attack with somewhat lower level Evo Mutants and use a high level tag?

Its been frustrating logging in and seeing you lost 60 points in 3 defenses, lol.

I totally agree with you Adam, the points that you win or loose are not a 100% comprehensible if you look at the evo of the opponent. Maybe one of the moderator can clear this one up??

Jin Maurice
08-07-2015, 02:01 PM
I totally agree with you Adam, the points that you win or loose are not a 100% comprehensible if you look at the evo of the opponent. Maybe one of the moderator can clear this one up??

There are several factors acting on the points you'll get or loose at the end of the battle:
example: if you are evo 40 and defeat an evo 43 u get around 20 points
if you defeat an evo 37 u get 10 points
same for defense, if an evo 43 defeat u, u lose 5 points
if an evo 37 defeat u, u lose 20 points and those are basics
now let's take into consideration the harder ones:
if u defeat an evo 40 with platinum mutants and u don't have any platinum mutants u get more points, same for defense
if u have 1000 points and the opponent has 2000 u get an high amount of points
if the opponent is evo 60 u are kinda like getting 200 points
so everything run around evo level, pvp points, mutants star level (gold platinum etc)

sorry for my english

Howard
08-07-2015, 04:32 PM
There are several factors for determining points, combination of your evo, and amount of points. Most of the time it is just evo, as you are paired with people with similar points.

Win against lower level opponent: +10
Win against same level opponent: +10-20
Win against higher level opponent: +20 or more
Loss against lower level opponent: -20
Loss against same level opponent: -10-20
Loss against higher level opponent: -5

Now occasionally, you are paired with people with a huge point difference then you. This occurs when you are in the top 50 (where point disparity between even 1 rank is huge) or if you attack/defend, and at the time of revenge, there is a huge difference in point (example: someone attacks you, you lose 20. You wait a day to revenge and during that time, they had an increase of points by 2000, you gain 20 instead of 10)

There have been times when I was in the top 10, and 1 win from a lower level opponent gave me 100 points. Of course, as you get closer and closer to them, you gain less.

Also, having a lower defence or attack team then you actual evo does nothing, you still lose the same. Points are calculated with your evo level, and not your mutantsí evo level. I noticed this when I made a huge jump from 60 to 75 evo, and while level up and using say evo 70 mutants vs a team of evo 72 mutants, I still lost 20 points for a loss.

Having no tag makes it even tougher, you will continue to have a lot of -20 because much lower evo opponents can farm you easily, because they know you donít have tags.

Konrad Peach
08-10-2015, 09:35 AM
Thx Howard,

you're the MAN :D

Kenneth Pocaigue
08-10-2015, 01:19 PM
This Seasons PvP is broken somehow.. I think it means they are working on the PvP model as we speak but currently I have had strings of -20 against higher evo opponents and when I retaliate against them... I only win back 10.. I see no connections with star ratings since the teams vary greatly, some having garden variety spreads.. some with Platinum.. double platinum.. and some with just plain golds or no stars.. the point ratios are ridiculous as I battle people with sums greater than 20+ over my own and still can only win 10-15 points off them.. yet still lose 20 when they revenge against my full gold team... Its quite frustrating since climbing is near impossible at this point... And yes, Ive been watching PvP quite a bit and each season that passes I note the changes made to teams and the more effective ways to climb... This season.. its like it went from EZ mode climbing to *Ha ha! you thought!*...