PDA

View Full Version : a REAL mutant

Joseph Foster
12-18-2013, 02:15 AM
here is a real animal that could qualify for the mutants

Blanket Octopus are real, part of the octopus family.As a defense it has a natural "cape" or the natural security cape of doom. The female size is between 3.3 to 6.6 feet in length.

Want to know just how badass this the blanket octopus is? You probably have heard about the portugese man of war, widely feared and regarded as dangerous. A Blanket Octopus hunts the man of war, get in nice and close to the thing and rip off its poisoned tentacles, which it then carries around the ocean and uses to whip anything that looks at it sideways.

Franklyn Musgrave
12-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Cool. I could imagine something like that. Looks kind of like a mindflayer also.

Markus Walter
12-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Whoa...the way of breeding seems to differ quite a lot from usual cephalopods. Aren't they usually having penises 3 times the length of their bodies to rape their females and get away with it? This one only fills one of its regular tentacles with sperm and...GIVES it to the other gender? Rather a gentleman of its species so it seems but the most genius of all about those creatures is in my eyes that they can regenerate their tentacles so even if it rips off one that is supposed to come back. Combined with that high poison immunity and domina-character is a bit much...hope it at least feeds on what it kills ^^

A Mindflayer(Pointy head with a beak like mouth surrounded by short appendages) with a headfin and fin like cape having a 9 tail whip while walking on tentacles is what I could imagine. Galactic/Zoomorph or Mythic /Zoomorph I'd say. One attack would be lashing that whip around its enemys ears and the other could be spitting ink or acid or something like that. Could imagine that depending on body build in each section for speed...a slim one as very fast, a rather normal built one as intermediate or a muscled one as slow.

Joseph Foster
12-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Thats a good idea marcus. I also had an idea of it as a mutant with no attack of its own, just defense and speed. When you select a target it takes an attack off the mutant and uses this against the other mutants.