PDA

View Full Version : Kobojo,your ideas ruined the tournament

Blaskievics Roland
12-21-2013, 05:45 PM
First...the critical strike power-ups ruined totally the game (conform other players),I don't care about the criticals but this is just crazy!!!Now in the PvP the ONLY thing that helped out were the graphicons,now it may show on what star is the player (bronze-silver-gold) but IT DID NOT SHOW THE PLAYER'S LEVEL+THE GRAPHS SHOW WRONG THE MUTANTS!!!

I've fought with someone about lvl 77 (of course I've loss)...20 levels higher than me,2 gold Leech-Lords and one silver undead-dragon,THE GRAPHS SHOWED ME THAT THIS PLAYER HAS A STRONG CYBER DEFENSE?!WTF?!
And of course,I've fought with a lot of players with +10 +20 levels higher than me and guess what,I've loss....Kobojo ruined the tournaments with this,not that it wasn't ruined yet,it ruined it more...I hope at the next update you fix this problem with the graphs ok?

'' It's a pleasure to play a game,get strong in that game,get powerful in that game,BUT you get more satisfaction
when you help someone to become more powerful.Always help somebody if you can! It's a honor to do that! "

Bradford Dawson
12-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Turns out, the critical buffs are a joke. I've been in a LOT of fights against people who use them, and haven't noticed a difference.

The star charts give a rough estimate. Let's say the person has 2 Silver mutants and a SH Captain Peace. Since Captain Peace doesn't have stars, it will lower the star chart near halfway between Bronze and Silver. The star charts don't help much when picking out the SH mutants, since they vary.

Blaskievics Roland
12-22-2013, 09:41 AM
See?We fight against purley random players,with 20 levels above us sometimes,the tournament is a failure.

'' It's a pleasure to play a game,get strong in that game,get powerful in that game,BUT you get more satisfaction
when you help someone to become more powerful.Always help somebody if you can! It's a honor to do that! "

Joseph Foster
12-22-2013, 03:53 PM
the revamp of pvp chartswas needed, i will try the new format before making a further judgement.

Blaskievics Roland
12-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Josepf,you don't need to decide,others did it already,the entire tournament is a failure

Bradford Dawson
12-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Seems fine to me. I've been using Silver mutants, and so far not much has been able to beat me.

Markus Walter
12-23-2013, 12:31 AM
The only Buff making a little sense is the crit shield and even then with both active I had another player WITHout Crit Buff who came through and made a critical hit while I didn't. Its just 2 fancy fields on your screen which bring money for Kobojo. I'd rather invest in XP Buffs since they help leveling up much quicker and without too much strain on your Psy Captains XP bar.

I find the change rather annoying since you don't need stars to be imbalanced. Captain Peace, Zodiac Mutants or Event Mutants...none of them have Stars and can be used to scheme. 100% if you put strong 1 Gold Mutant with 2 of them the roster shows only bronze and since they only show what the first Attack of those Mutants does the Attack Roster is also useless. What I really find cruel is that you can't see the level of your Opponent anymore. I bet next they change the Credits you pay for change to an even ammount not changing by opponent. Then you can forget PvP completely XD

Joseph Foster
12-23-2013, 03:17 AM
how about suggesting another pvp mode entirely?

what we are missing is any real player vs player contact
how about a pvp where players can go head to head

select your defense team and enter the competition/battle region
you see your team and can move around the map
if you are offline your team stays where it is and auto-defends itself

You can see who is currently playing (online) and get exp bonus for these fights.
kobojo wins as it encourages players to be online more

You auto attack when 2 players are next to each other unless you are in each others 'tag' / friends list

high level map:
--safe zone in bottom left corner (cant be attacked there)
--different terrain types have different movement penalties. Faster mutants gets a few more movement points per day
--you can click on a player to see their strength
--strong players can't initiate attack weaker players (ie lvl >20 difference)

zoom into the map:

alterativly could be an isometric map

Bradford Dawson
12-23-2013, 02:50 PM
People seem to be pissed that they don't show levels anymore, but frankly... I don't miss them. ...Then again, this is talking from a high-level player's perspective. I bet it's really bad for lower level players. But so far, the graphs have been an improvement over last gen.

First time finishing PVP in Elites rank! WOO!

Ronald Richard
12-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Yeah, now the graph can be useful to determined what mutant the opponent have.

Markus Walter
12-24-2013, 05:46 PM
For lower to mid level players not showing the levels is a crucial failure. Based on what should I choose my mutants then? Like said before, even if 0 Stars are shown it could still be 3 captain Peace or 1 Cpt Peace, 1 Zodiac and Goliath or some other mix like that. Had that a lot lately since those asses try to fool other players into attacking them.

I can understand that it doesn't matter anymore for those who won Jackpot or those who reached the end of the campaign but for all the rest this is the worst possible change.

And the graph is also useless. What would you guess another player to have if ALL six fields are evenly matched or if just a corner of 3 different genes is affected. There are already too much Mutants in the mutopedia to effectively guess someting.

Alternatively they could also make the PvP a coin toss. Your chances are perfectly the same of getting someone you have a chance to beat! right now I try and rush over the Campaign so I won't have to worry about that stupidity anymore but I'm sure once i am there they change it again to the worse <-<

Steve Zelonis
12-24-2013, 08:07 PM
I don't like the new PVP either...constantly being beat up by the higher players now, and the bar chart is pretty worthless

Bradford Dawson
12-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Ugh, just disgusting, really. The worst thing they did to the PVP was remove the levels, but let's all complain about the new system despite the fact it's a VAST improvement over the old, completely and utterly useless graph that told you next to nothing, while in this graph it's not even the programmers fault, players just found a way to crack the system. No one even noticed how useless the old graphs were?

Wolf Al Harez
12-25-2013, 04:18 PM
i think this pvp is better then the old one the old one only show your opponent lvl while you know nothing about hes mutant i attacked many ppl and must of them have gold mutant of my weakness but now i can see the opponent gene and choose their weakness of course i always choose strong mutant to win

Christian Munive
12-26-2013, 12:31 AM
I think this was a good idea, at least at heart. But we (the players) found a way to mees up with the stars bar. I even found some players that added a normal mutant to their gold defense team so their star rating would lower. It's their strategy I guess... but it can work against them too.

To be honest... I feel less pressure by not knowing the level of my adversary. Before this, I saw a guy 20 levels higher than me, and I already felt defeated... and surprise, I beat him. Or saw a guy 10 levels lower than me, I felt overconfident... and lost to him because he had a higher level evo center. Fame level isn't really a factor... a player with low fame level can have a relatively high level evo center, and a player with high fame level can have a relatively low level evo center.

So... fame level doesn't really matter. Before it just... deluded us.

My only humble advice is to read carefully both the stars bar and the attack graph. If you notice they have high cyber attacks, but "low" star rating, be prepared to face a Goliath and gold / silver mutants (depending on what the star bar shows). If you notice peaks in both Saber and Mythic attacks (and again, a "low" star rating), there's a high chance that a Captain Peace is there among two gold / silver mutants. And so on. Just read carefully the graphs and develop strategies based on that information.

Good luck.

Bradford Dawson
12-26-2013, 03:24 AM
I think this was a good idea, at least at heart. But we (the players) found a way to mees up with the stars bar. I even found some players that added a normal mutant to their gold defense team so their star rating would lower. It's their strategy I guess... but it can work against them too.

To be honest... I feel less pressure by not knowing the level of my adversary. Before this, I saw a guy 20 levels higher than me, and I already felt defeated... and surprise, I beat him. Or saw a guy 10 levels lower than me, I felt overconfident... and lost to him because he had a higher level evo center. Fame level isn't really a factor... a player with low fame level can have a relatively high level evo center, and a player with high fame level can have a relatively low level evo center.

My only humble advice is to read carefully both the stars bar and the attack graph. If you notice they have high cyber attacks, but "low" star rating, be prepared to face a Goliath and gold / silver mutants (depending on what the star bar shows). If you notice peaks in both Saber and Mythic attacks (and again, a "low" star rating), there's a high chance that a Captain Peace is there among two gold / silver mutants. And so on. Just read carefully the graphs and develop strategies based on that information.

Good luck.

Ba-ZING! Someone figured out the graph! Good job. :D

(Note: If I'm being rude, I apologize. I mean no ill by anything I just said.)

Liem Vu
12-26-2013, 05:42 AM
lol, and without the fame lvl in the PVP tournament... so far I've been defeat by someone use their tag's EVO just 12. They must really confidence with that. I mean... C'mon just put the fame lvl back in the PVP then everything will be back as they were.

Wolf Al Harez
12-26-2013, 01:01 PM

Good luck.

greet job dude

Christian Munive
12-26-2013, 04:10 PM
@ Bradford Dawson: Haha, don't worry mate.

@ Wolf Al Harez: Thanks.

@ Liem Vu: Sorry, I didn't understand that... but at least in my short experience, this PVP seems to be more "balanced" regarding the matching of opponents. I think it depends on evo center level and the current points we have. The one thing that I did notice is that I was attacked by at least one player that had an evo center way, way higher than mine (he's one of my teammates, so I could tell). I think the system paired us because on the first days of the PVP we are in the same point range with stronger players. Once they reach *their* usual point range... I doubt the system will pair us again. Oh, and I only lost 5 points, since he was way stronger. If we defeat a weak enemy, we get a small amount of points, and a greater amount of points the stronger our opponent is. The same goes when we lose: the stronger the enemy we lose against, the amount of points we lose is smaller. The weaker the enemy we lose against, then we lose a greater amount of points. The difference in points between combatants also seem to affect the amount of points earned / lost.

Omar Fernández Fonseca
12-26-2013, 07:22 PM
I agree the new system has improved, but I think the loss/gain of points it's still a bit messy. I've found myself gaining 10 points on defense (meaning the attacker was more or less my level), then revenge and lose because of a "wild-card tag" and lose 20 points. Doesn't makes much sense. I think Kobojo still needs to work on the reward/penalty system for giving/substracting points.

Brian Rooney
12-29-2013, 03:41 AM
I don't know about when this game first came out, but I'm guessing this is a new game, and thusly it's to be expected that everythings going to be a little weird and chaotic at the begining.
Just look at the first generation of Pokemon...