PDA

View Full Version : [MGG Official] Update: Heroic Mutants and Charged Orbs

[K] Hugo
10-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Dear Psy Captains,

We have 2 exciting features coming up next week:

HEROIC MUTANTS
Expected release date: October 16th (May be postponed)
A new kind of exclusive mutant, which will soon hit the arena!

What is a Heroic mutant?

As you know MGG has different types of mutants, such as Zodiac and Legendary mutants. Heroic is the latest category in store!

How do Heroic mutants differ from Legendary creatures?

The Heroic mutants are a brand new type of mutant which could be used in a particularly strategic manner. These creatures may not necessarily be stronger than the Legendary ones, but they will have an exclusive benefit: a 3rd basic orb slot!

These creatures will be the only ones to be able to equip 4 Orbs in total (3 basic + 1 special slot). This allows you to customize your mutant according to your strategy, making your creature extra effective in battle.

Note that these exclusive mutants will not be released as often as Legendary mutants and will be in the Shop for a limited time only. Stay tuned for more details on their availability!

CHARGED ORBS
Expected release date: October 15th

What is a Charged Orb?

To sum it up, Charged Orbs are temporary equipment for your mutant. These orbs can be used a limited number of times - AKA "Charges".

How many charges will these orbs have and how are they consumed?

Each Charged orb has a fixed number of charges, for example 20.
When you win a battle, in which this mutant was present, 1 charge is consumed - Thus, in this example, you'd have 19 charges left - Once you've won 20 times, the orb is automatically destroyed (as its' charges have been depleted)!

Important Detail: the number of charges does not decrease when your PVP team wins a defensive battle (in the Global Tournament).

Are these considered Basic or Special Orbs?

Just like permanent orbs, some of these orbs will be Basic and others will be Special.

Where will I be able to get these orbs?

These orbs will be in the Shop and, as usual, they will eventually be available in game missions, PVE rewards, etc.

What is the difference between these orbs and the previous ones?

While the permanent orbs are a long term investment, the Charged Orbs can be great for strategy optimization and testing purposes.

Let us know how you feel about these new features! Join our discussion thread and send us any questions you may have pertaining to this update! As always, we will be looking forward to your suggestions and constructive criticism!

Regards,
The MGG Team

Vickey Knight
10-09-2015, 04:45 PM
hope its going to be awesome and i believe it will be

stalion199
10-09-2015, 04:55 PM
how about putting him on ordinary for credits only ???

LASTACTIONHERO
10-09-2015, 04:56 PM
So when will be the Gold buildings back like Forge and Furnace?

Kenneth Pocaigue
10-09-2015, 05:57 PM
QUESTION!! Will heroic mutants be eligible for elite version upgrades at the cost of weaker stats? Or will they be like Zodiacs with a static stat percentage bonus that falls weaker than a certain Star rating? In either case, can we get an approximation of the stat differences to the relative star ratings?

MY THOUGHTS ON CHARGED ORBS:
In order for these to be feasible in a marketing perspective, they have to be viable in one of two ways (or both)... Firstly, since the orbs have a shelf life, they should be significantly cheaper than the more permanent versions. (Because it is NOT cost efficient to spend more or even the same amount on something perishable when you have something indefinite just as available)... Secondly, the charged orbs SHOULD be more potent than the permanent versions... (Because it is absolutely NOT cost effective to purchase something perishable even at a slightly lesser price if there is a permanent version with relative power available..)
Now even if you consider either one or both of those, the whole model of the Charged orbs is an OBVIOUS money grab attempt, and just like the Gold Building feature, is extremely short sighted... Even when you make free versions of the orbs, and even if they are relative to the shop versions.. a player can simply NOT use up the charges at all... They wouldnt want to if it was more potent than the regular permanent orbs.. Or they would possibly use most, then save the last charge for the defense team... It is not hard to breed a duplicate of ANY mutant that can be bred for an elite version.. and this is where I say Money Grab... because if a player spends for them due to potency differences, they would obviously want to keep that potency somehow... So what would happen is, players would buy those orbs.. sample them, and they would want to preserve their power spikes... Breed a new copy of the mutants that have them (because we would obviously want our more used mutants to get those power spikes) so we can one on defense ( or two or three) and one with regular orbs for everyday usage... Since the breeding algorithms completely suck and mystify most players (seriously.. it is not that hard to figure out the mechanics of breeding) a lot of resources will be spent getting duplicates... failed attempts at gold mutants can easily cost up to 3000 gold even with the simplest methods. The cost increases if the target has a platinum available... Since you need two golds, you can expect to lose anywhere between 2000 -8000 gold on average on top of the orb prices if you didnt already have the stars in your inventory.. So if the orbs are potent enough, you will probably see an increase trend of purchases leaning towards stars as well as the orbs.. But once people settle on their desired team... that expense will likely stop.. Why? Because there are only a few VIABLE mutants that rule PvP... I wont say which ones... Because I hate the current Meta.. but I will say that the scope of viability is sooooo limited right now even with the couple new additions... there just wont be too many mutants getting that kind of attention... at best a player may outfit 5-8 mutants with them... and duplicate maybe 2 of those.. while the thousands upon thousands of players making those purchases and making those decisions to duplicate... Kobojo may see some good profits... but after that few duplicates.. it will settle out.. just like how the gold buildings did... Except at least with the Charged orbs, there is still a power creep to consider.. so you will still get more purchasing seeping through... but it will stagnate.. But then again.. Im not a marketing major and I know nothing about how players choose to spend their efforts, money or gold.. So there is a 99.9% chance that I am wrong...

Bas Suilen
10-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Now even if you consider either one or both of those, the whole model of the Charged orbs is an OBVIOUS money grab attempt, and just like the Gold Building feature, is extremely short sighted...
Nuff said

Need to add more words.
Tralalalalala

Brandon Charles
10-09-2015, 09:44 PM
I would hope that these orbs be cheaper, worried about things getting unbalanced during pvp but will see!

De Hao Wai
10-10-2015, 07:53 AM
i hope the mutant is saber and galatic or galatic and saber

Kaiju Possum
10-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Hugo;45702']Each Charged orb has a fixed number of charges, for example 20.
When you win a battle, in which this mutant was present, 1 charge is consumed - Thus, in this example, you'd have 19 charges left - Once you've won 20 times, the orb is automatically destroyed (as its' charges have been depleted)!

So how about if you lose a battle? Is it still consumed, or does it only consume them if you win?

[K] Hugo
10-12-2015, 01:37 PM
Kaiju, indeed :) If you lose a fight, 0 charge is consumed.

Kenneth, thank you for your feedback! Interesting analysis, i'll let the development team know about it!
I look forward to see what you think when you discover this feature in game!

Tannhauser
10-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Hugo;45702']

Let us know how you feel about these new features! Join our discussion thread and send us any questions you may have pertaining to this update! As always, we will be looking forward to your suggestions and constructive criticism!

Regards,
The MGG Team

Hahahaha!

Felt compulsed to come and laugh at kobojo's greed.

Pathetic. You guys are pathetic. That's how we feel about charged orbs. 60 gold for the orb you can use only 10 times? You people are making less and less sense every day.

Armando Rossi
10-15-2015, 06:21 PM
Since they're trial orbs they should be purchasable with credits, but meh what to i write this for? they never listen to their poor players

Kenneth Pocaigue
10-16-2015, 06:15 PM
As far as Charged orbs go, I think it was executed in the wrong order... it probably would have been much better to introduce charged before the regular orbs... if it was done that way then you could have had room to play down the strength of regular orbs.. its great that the charged orbs are cheaper than regular orbs... I think it would be beneficial to release charged orbs with higher tiers at a faster rate, and possibly make a standard set of Charged available at all times.. of course for it to be profitable, the standard set has to be at the currently highest tier which is tier 3... Players may hate me for giving you the idea, but whether or not I even say anything on it... you would end up moving along this route anyways.. as I have no real voice in the grand scheme of things concerning your company.. IF you had a set of high quality charged orbs always within reach and always at a much cheaper price.... you could play up the prices of future permanent orbs... BUT in order to really make that pricing justifiable, you might have to start showing a difference in Orb values.. You could let the power increments of Charged orbs fall off and let permanent orbs increase with larger percentages as each tier is released... OR adversely, you could let the pricing gap close slightly with each tier up, BUT increase the power increments of Charged orbs over Permanent orbs per tier... as it stands... even though they are cheap.. they are not worth spending hard earned or saved gold on.. Unless we plan to make a defense team we won't change or use Offensively, I highly doubt that the Orbs will really kick off with the casual to heavy spenders.... they are impractical... Testing? Whats the point? We players usually have an idea of what we want to do with our mutants and how we wish to build them with orbs.. We are already past the theory crafting stages of this development.. Dedicating extra gold to a mutant in this form is a Loss either way... Charged or not... Orbs are Expensive waste dumps, especially to the competitive players that like the strategic layers.. But we will buy them... because that is how we keep up... Oh by the way... I personally made it into the top 10 in PvP and held the 2nd spot for a few days.. I find it rather interesting how there are players up there with up to 20 evo less than my own that can still beat my defense teams without a tag, or triggering my tags.... Even when using double speeder lineups, or double juggernaut lineups.. I can understand up to 15, or so... but around 20 evo.. without platinum investments... against a platinum team outfitted with tons of health orbs.. I find it rather hard for this to be so... and some of them have done it quite consistently..

stalion199
10-30-2015, 01:29 PM
when it will end him on shop ?? cos i'm just saving my golds to buy him

Brandon Charles
11-12-2015, 05:41 PM
how about putting him on ordinary for credits only ???

I would dig this!