PDA

View Full Version : Be A PvP Master

KostisGouz
10-17-2015, 10:57 AM
PvP is a major part of the game. You fight against other players' teams, climb up the ladder and get rewards when the event is over. But how can you be great at PvP and ensure that you'll acquire/keep a great position? Well, here are some tips to be the best in PvP:
1.Use Mutants whose stats vary: Your defense and offense team shouldn't consist of just slow or just fast mutants, because that will most of the times result in failure. Instead, you should have one that is slow, one that's intermediate and one that's fast. That way, you'll give your opponents a dilemma and they'll need a better strategy to defeat you when you defend, and you'll find more victories attacking.
2. Do not take in mutants of the same genes. If you take only galactic-gene mutants, your opponent will probably see that before attacking you and they'll take necros to defeat you. Try taking in three different first-gene mutants. You'll see a great result!
3. Watch out for them teams! I have encountered so uncountably many teams consisting of three Burankas or Britannies and could almost never defeat them. That's because I didn't look at the scheme that shows the opposing team's genes and didn't take some zoomorphs to easily win. So always look at the scheme before attacking. It might save you!
4. I believe I can fly!!! Anyone can get the absolute best rewards in the PvP. If you wait until your Evo is level 80 thinking that you'll then be able to beat everyone and become a GrandMaster, you're wrong! There will always be players equal to you, which means that you can always be a grandmaster. You need to follow my advice and make a lot of fights to help yourself stand still.

And a small tip for advanced players:
Don't seek to buy the best orbs for your team or have all of its mutants platinum. If your sum of levels is 120 and everyone is platinum equipped with orbs, you'll either face a team with a sum of levels around 120 equal to you in power, or one with no platinum stars or orbs that around 130. So the difference is noticed if you follow the advice above and not try to be "op".

KostisGouz
10-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Here is my current team. What about yours? Do you have any advice for me?

Den Abn
10-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Not a good team .
If you use them as a defend team .well you will lose 90% of the time
Here why : your have all the gene in one team that mean the enemies team will pick the mutant that random as you to defet your team .so if your mutant start to attack .it will attack random mutant as a time to get brutal damage .so you going to need a very hight tag or very lucky to defend your rank
It will not kill any mutant alteast when tag was release or the 3 hit
My team is very strong .i dont even have any tag but still in rank 10% with just 5 attack every week.most of the time people hit my team and lose .

Howard
10-17-2015, 02:54 PM
I prefer not to use any mutants that have touching genes.
As for defense teams, the best ones depend on your evo and where you are ranked. At lower evos, I would say use speedsters. A mid evo I would use a speedsters and mid speeds. At high evos, I would use tanks.
It also depends on the PvP season and rank, as in what mutants are popular in your area.
My defense team I tend to have a spread of genes, covering at least 5.
My current defense team is Platinum Tengu, Abraham Lincoln, and Platinum Buck/Galactic Guardian.
Another defense team which I used was Platinum Dezinger, Platinum Apex, Platinum Dragons Mother.
But they key thing with PvP is to beat higher evos! This gives you a lot of points and you only lose 5 points for losses. By beating higher evos, you get to huge standings. Most I have won in points was about 2500 for a single win. On average, when I beat a player with 20 more evos, I would gain about 300 points.
Last season was my best, where I was in the top 25 with 83000 points. My defense team at the time was Platinum Dezinger, Platinum Tengu, Platinum Apex.
I am evo 145 now, and have been in the top 100 since I was at evo 30.

KostisGouz
10-17-2015, 04:14 PM
L
I prefer not to use any mutants that have touching genes.
As for defense teams, the best ones depend on your evo and where you are ranked. At lower evos, I would say use speedsters. A mid evo I would use a speedsters and mid speeds. At high evos, I would use tanks.
It also depends on the PvP season and rank, as in what mutants are popular in your area.
My defense team I tend to have a spread of genes, covering at least 5.
My current defense team is Platinum Tengu, Abraham Lincoln, and Platinum Buck/Galactic Guardian.
Another defense team which I used was Platinum Dezinger, Platinum Apex, Platinum Dragons Mother.
But they key thing with PvP is to beat higher evos! This gives you a lot of points and you only lose 5 points for losses. By beating higher evos, you get to huge standings. Most I have won in points was about 2500 for a single win. On average, when I beat a player with 20 more evos, I would gain about 300 points.
Last season was my best, where I was in the top 25 with 83000 points. My defense team at the time was Platinum Dezinger, Platinum Tengu, Platinum Apex.
I am evo 145 now, and have been in the top 100 since I was at evo 30.

Thank you a lot! Your advice is really helpful! I actually just changed my team to this mess. My previous one was Mr. Marvelous, Project X27 and Britanny and I really can't wait to get Tengu (only need 3 mutants), because most mutants are saber in the PvP nowadays so if a saber attacks it does 5000k retaliate! So every time, my Project X27 is dead within seconds... I really want to know what to do against Buranka-only teams. Don't have Abraham but I could use something else. Maybe using tanks would be a better solution as you said. When I have to deal with mutants that have 20000 life, I end up losing (especially when getting an awful tag team). Do you have any suggestions? Please list some teams I could use and if I happen to have the mutants, I'll try them out.

KostisGouz
10-17-2015, 04:19 PM
You're completely right. What if I changed it to this one [When Thor becomes level 48]? What if I also replaced Sorceress with Tengu (when I got him)?

Howard
10-17-2015, 08:09 PM
I personally prefer mutants that have non-touching genes because touching genes limit your damage output. There will be a couple mutants which they will deal weak damage. Using non-touching gene mutants, you will always be able to do at least normal damage

Example:
Thor - SM - Touching genes
Cyber - Deals normal damage using Mythic attack
Beast - Deals weak damage using Mythic attack
Saber - Deals normal damage using Saber attack
Mythic - Deals normal damage using Mythic attack
Necro - Deals brutal damage using Mythic attack
Galactic - Deals strong damage using Mythic attack

Dezinger - CS - Non-touching gene
Cyber - Deals normal damage using cyber attack
Beast - Deals brutal damage using cyber attack
Saber - Deals strong damage using cyber attack
Mythic - Deals brutal damage using saber attack
Necro - Deals strong damage using saber attack
Galactic - Deals normal damage using saber attack

Notice the difference, a mutant with touching genes will do brutal damage to 1 type of gene, strong against 1, normal against 3, and weak against 1
Compared to a mutant with non touching genes, which will do brutal damage to 2 types of genes, strong against 2, and normal against 2.

I think if you get tengu, and based on the mutants I have seen so far, you can do well will X27-Tengu-Marvelous. This is a very well rounded team in terms of speed and strength, all genes covered, and none of them touching.

Also, I love health orbs. All my PvP mutants use 2 level 3 health orbs. My retaliate tanks have 2 level 3 health orbs with a boost special orb.

my attack team changes from time to time. Most of the time I use 3 random mutants that need training (I am at evo 150, and bring at the top 100 I tend to get paired with player evo 50 or lower, which I can beat with anything).

But if it is a serious match, I change my team according to what I am facing. I find myself using Dezinger, Abraham with X27 a lot due to the abundance of bucks and burankas.

My main mutants that I use for attacking are: X27, Buck, Dezinger, Apex, Dragons Mother, Lily, Tengu, Abraham, and currently leveling up Kitty Perry. I prefer using mutants that are speeds 12.5+, 5-7ish, and 3.5-. Only exception is Tengu, which has a 60% retaliate to make up for it.

gWorldz
10-18-2015, 03:43 AM
I think if you get tengu, and based on the mutants I have seen so far, you can do well will X27-Tengu-Marvelous. This is a very well rounded team in terms of speed and strength, all genes covered, and none of them touching.

I agree with you for teh most part but this is actually teh type of team I target for PVP. I feel like they are the easiest for me to defeat.

I will usually use 2 Scare Bear + Tengu or 2 Apex + Galactic Guardian or Lily + Bazzinger + Techno Taoist the long spread allows me to never have weak or pathetic damage and by using my tag to remove the mutant that is most damaging and leaving only their base or worse damage mutants to fight I can destroy them fairly easily. The reason for choosing mutants with the exact same genes and mutants with opposite genes is to maximize damage given and minimize damage recieved ;)

I might loose this fight though because of Tengu but it would be dependent on my tag plan would be Sacre Bear the X27 then Tengu Tag the Tengu tag the Marvelous attack with tag and loose a Scare Bear then Tengu and Scare Bear Marvelous. I would feel confident to win this match as long as Evo total is 5-10 above me.

I'm speaking of much lower Evo battles though and at mid to high levels I have no idea how my approach to well rounded teams will function.

I am still very grateful for everything you have shared Howard it is immensely helpful for me, but the thing I agree with most was that winning is often possible by planning ahead and using offenses and defenses as intended :blush:

Howard
10-19-2015, 03:25 AM
Exactly. Winning is by planning. Being smart.

When I have a strong tag, I do not always attack the most damaging. But the one that is most annoying or a weakness to my team.

Example, if there is a team of X27, Apex and Buck, my tag will 1 hit apex if I am using a team of X27, Abe, and Dezinger. Also, a lot of the time my tag will target Buranka even if they have a tank mutant.

gWorldz
10-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Also, a lot of the time my tag will target Buranka even if they have a tank mutant.

Thats the only way to deal with a team that has Buranka :angry:

Bas Suilen
10-23-2015, 05:24 PM
I use about the same strategy. Unfortunately, PvP is limited to a number of mutants. Pretty much the mutants that were mentioned here are the only ones you'll ever see.

About a year ago, I really enjoyed PvP, I used al sorts of different gold mutants: Humongous, Wampara, Lichlock, etc. You could really use every mutants, based on the teams you encounterd. Even normal mutants.

Nowadays PvP is 'limited'. You mostly use X27 for tags and platinum. That's about it... --'

But Howard, do you also equip your Lily with 2 health orbs and a boost? No attack bonus or speed? Since it's speed is 'only' 5.88, one can expect to get wrecked by a speeded Apex.

My Apex has Health, Attack and Speed equiped. Because he can attack before most other mid speed mutants, it has become a personal favorite of mine that saved me many times.

Fadi Brahem
10-24-2015, 07:15 AM
I don't have a big problem in pvp
In defense I lose like 5 fights that =10 points and win 3 that give me 24 points
I use
X27..... wampara. And any other mutant I think about like gold Haggis Mr marvelous and brittany

Adam John
10-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Howard I am curious, because I know your Evo level is so high: What do you consider to be mid-level evo range spread, and what would you consider to be the high level spread.

I'm currently Evo 41, which I am not sure where that fits. Low-to-Mid range?

Also, I like your tips!!

Currently my defense team is Gold X27, Platinum Zombat and Gold Zeus.

I've had a lot of luck with this team, getting a better defense win rate than previous team, which was Platinum Apex, Gold Tengu, and Gold X27.

Howard
10-25-2015, 04:05 AM
Howard I am curious, because I know your Evo level is so high: What do you consider to be mid-level evo range spread, and what would you consider to be the high level spread.

I'm currently Evo 41, which I am not sure where that fits. Low-to-Mid range?

Also, I like your tips!!

Currently my defense team is Gold X27, Platinum Zombat and Gold Zeus.

I've had a lot of luck with this team, getting a better defense win rate than previous team, which was Platinum Apex, Gold Tengu, and Gold X27.

It is really hard to say, as due to the furnaces, current evo sales, and lower evo credit costs from a year ago, average evo seems to be higher then ever! I do not have an accurate gauge of evo averages, so these are just guesses. Plus I do not know the whole population of players.

Mid evo I am guessing is 40. High evo is probably 60+, very high is over 100 (there are less then 100 players over evo 100). But again, these are just arbitrary values.

THat defense is pretty good, as at evo 40, fast mutants are more useful,