PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing crafting

Bas Suilen
11-27-2015, 12:43 PM
I've used crafting the other day and it works ok, however there can be some of optimizations that really benefit the game.

- First and formost, the animation takes way too long: clicking the item(s) you want to use, crafting the new item, it takes about 10 seconds total (and I'm being generous here).
The animation is fun to watch a few times but gets boring really fast. Considering I had to do 80 crafts for Level 3 craft master, that's about 800 seconds of waiting for pointless animations to finish. There should be an option to fast forward this or skip them. It has no use.
I actually wrote a script for my mouse to click and finish while I did something else. Writing the script cost me about 3 minutes, so I saved more then 10 minutes.

- When I craft small medpacks into a big one, it automatically selects 9 of the same items. I click, and I craft the new item. No problem there.
When I craft a new orb, I can select 7 different orbs that will give me a random new orb of a higher level. This makes sense cause the outcome of crafting a new orb is random. So selecting 7 orbs sounds normal.

However, when I craft new stars I have to click 5 times on the same star to craft a new one. It makes no sense. There isn't an option to fuse bronze and silver stars into a gold one for example so I'm left clueless why this wasn't optimized like the medpacks.

You may think I'm picking on tiny stuff, but when having more than thousands of items to craft, the time wasted on watching boring animations becomes annoying.

Micha? Mym Mogi?ko
11-27-2015, 02:57 PM
I totally agree.
Even tho this crafting thing is great i could be a little bit optimized.
I think there should be also option to craft multiple items at once, so when i have like 1000 medpacks i would like to craft 90 or 900 at once to get 10 or 100 bigger once and not wait for each one :)

Howard
11-27-2015, 03:45 PM
I do agree with cutting down on the animation. Perhaps getting rid of the box itself; have the items pop up on the screen right away.

EXBeing
11-29-2015, 04:22 AM
I've used crafting the other day and it works ok, however there can be some of optimizations that really benefit the game.

- First and formost, the animation takes way too long: clicking the item(s) you want to use, crafting the new item, it takes about 10 seconds total (and I'm being generous here).
The animation is fun to watch a few times but gets boring really fast. Considering I had to do 80 crafts for Level 3 craft master, that's about 800 seconds of waiting for pointless animations to finish. There should be an option to fast forward this or skip them. It has no use.
I actually wrote a script for my mouse to click and finish while I did something else. Writing the script cost me about 3 minutes, so I saved more then 10 minutes.

- When I craft small medpacks into a big one, it automatically selects 9 of the same items. I click, and I craft the new item. No problem there.
When I craft a new orb, I can select 7 different orbs that will give me a random new orb of a higher level. This makes sense cause the outcome of crafting a new orb is random. So selecting 7 orbs sounds normal.

However, when I craft new stars I have to click 5 times on the same star to craft a new one. It makes no sense. There isn't an option to fuse bronze and silver stars into a gold one for example so I'm left clueless why this wasn't optimized like the medpacks.

You may think I'm picking on tiny stuff, but when having more than thousands of items to craft, the time wasted on watching boring animations becomes annoying.

More than a "Suggestion" this post is something like "Things that I don't like anymore about Craft"... They told us the info about Crafting:

1.- Instant Crafting, you don't have to wait hours to get the Item. (Man, just 10 seconds or less if you click... Not the big deal).
2.- 5 Stars (all the same) to get 1 (better that those 5 you used)... 7 of any Orbs (of the same lv) to create a Random Orb (1 Lv Up) and Items, depending the Item they'll need more or less*...
*.- You complain about "I have to select each orb but When select Medkits it just select 9"... You're telling them that you prefer to select those 9 Medkit one-by-one? I don't think so... And the other way is not possible because you CAN choose differents Orbs.

Now, with Stars it can be cool if they just took 5 stars with one click.

I think there should be also option to craft multiple items at once, so when i have like 1000 medpacks i would like to craft 90 or 900 at once to get 10 or 100 bigger once and not wait for each one :)

That ruins the Missions or possible Task of "Craft __ items to earn a ____" If you just Craft all of them in just 1 movement, they'll just count as 1. (And please, don't ask to make it counts them one by one because that means Hours and Hours of Code Design, Test and Fails, Bas was able to create an Scrypt, but that worked to himself, doing that to every player is not easy).

Micha? Mym Mogi?ko
11-29-2015, 09:48 PM
That ruins the Missions or possible Task of "Craft __ items to earn a ____" If you just Craft all of them in just 1 movement, they'll just count as 1. (And please, don't ask to make it counts them one by one because that means Hours and Hours of Code Design, Test and Fails, Bas was able to create an Scrypt, but that worked to himself, doing that to every player is not easy).

I didnt say "craft all at once", there could be a button to choose how many you want to craft like 9, 18 or 90 - your choice.
It just would be nice but im still happy that they made crafting machine.