PDA

View Full Version : How does the Matchmaking work?

[K] Hugo
08-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Psy Captains, in this thread i am going to explain (and keep up to date) how the matchmaking work.
[Re edited on December 11th]

HOW DOES THE GAME FIND MY OPPONENTS?

The game tries to match you again players of similar power. Ideally, the fight should not be too easy, not too hard, but challenging..

To do so, the game estimates the power of every player in the Global Tournament, based on the 3 best mutants in their collection.

Note: The number of points is also taken into account to match you against opponents.

After the fight, you are granted a number of points depending on how "difficult" the fight was (according to the game) : For example if you manage to win against somebody that have significantly more powerful creatures than you in its collection, you will win an important amount of points.

WHICH INFORMATION DOES THE GAME TAKE INTO ACCOUNT TO ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE 3 MUTANTS INVOLVED IN THE MATCHMAKING?

The game takes into account various things such as the level of the mutants and their stars for example.

Have a great day in the arena Psy Captain!

Mormegil
11-28-2015, 01:59 AM
Hi! It's my first time posting in this forum so I'll start by saying that i'm sorry if this question has already been answered (I searched both this general section and the faqs one), and also for my grammar in case there are major mistakes, i'm not English.

It's a been a while now since I started trying to understand what are the criteria for the pvp in this game. I'm now at 24 level cap for my mutants (I believe it's called evo ?), for a total of 72 with my main team. Why do I when searching only get opponents with a combined level of 75-78-90+? Setting aside a few exceptions... I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what to do to stay at 50%. Combined with the fact that I only have 3 valuable combos to use, and after my attacks i get attacked 20+ times in a row D: . I noticed that after some number of attacks i seem to become like not attackable, but I can't really understand when that is (if ever). So I (as already said) have trouble staying at 50%, even with full gold and balanced team, even if winning every attack. I've even disconnected at 23% and riconnected at 68% one hour and a half later (losing the pvp bonuses for that season).

I'd like some clarification on the system and, if possible, also some advices on how to get out of this situation if possible, as it is becoming not so much fun, even tho i love this game D:

thanks!

Howard
11-28-2015, 08:07 AM
The match making process is by points, you are matched with players close to you in points. The lower you are in the standings, the total number of different opponents you get matched with, means you can get attacked more. Example: comparing 100th place to 2000th place. At 100 there are less players with similar points range while at 2000 there are more different players in your range.

You are probably getting matched with more 75-78 etc because those are the more popular EVOs to be in. A lot of players strive to be either 25, or 30, etc.

I would assume for you that staying in 50% is harder then 1%, due to the fact that at 50% there is a lot more people attacking you, which is why Iwould suggest trying to advance further. What I usually do is get to the top 100, and then maintain my position. I recommend getting strong tags for defense and attack, they will help. Also, fight stronger players, they will earn you more points for a win, compared to if you win against lower level players. Example: Beating a lower level = 10 points earned, losing to one s 20 points lost. Compared to beating higher level oppoents will get your 20+ points; the higher the level, the more you get. If you lose to a higher level player, yuo will only lose 5. always. My personal best is 3000 points for a single win.

Get fast mutants like Autonorush, X27, etc, they will help you unleash your tag. Try to get 2000 points total in PvP; this is usually the cut off for 1%

THe fluctuating number attacks is most likely random. Sometimes players are active, sometimes not.

Mormegil
11-28-2015, 10:52 AM
First of all thanks for your answer! But are really current points the only thing that decides the matchmaking? I mean obviously current max Evo is taken into account, but I feel like your current number of gold mutants has some impact maybe? Thing is, i'm trying to understand if i'm in a bad spot (and going to like 25 evo or just raising it whenever possible can fix this) or it's just that the game is more about op tags than it is about actual strategy. I mean I enjoyed it when i found teams at my same level and if both of us had no tags it was all about having good attack selection and gene advantage... I don't find this to be the case anymore! So, leveling my Evo is eventually gonna put me in a spot where i'm matched fairly and going tagless can result in a victory? atm i'm matched so poorly that i find myself losing sometimes even with Eva/my strongest tag (6k+dmg), even if I spend lots of silver in smoothing the opponent selection D:
To sum it up I guess the actual question is: Is this game eventually gonna be (again) about finding the best gene/mutant/globes setup or it's ultimately about having a crapload of strong tags?

John MacDonald
11-28-2015, 11:47 AM
First of all thanks for your answer! But are really current points the only thing that decides the matchmaking? I mean obviously current max Evo is taken into account, but I feel like your current number of gold mutants has some impact maybe? Thing is, i'm trying to understand if i'm in a bad spot (and going to like 25 evo or just raising it whenever possible can fix this) or it's just that the game is more about op tags than it is about actual strategy. I mean I enjoyed it when i found teams at my same level and if both of us had no tags it was all about having good attack selection and gene advantage... I don't find this to be the case anymore! So, leveling my Evo is eventually gonna put me in a spot where i'm matched fairly and going tagless can result in a victory? atm i'm matched so poorly that i find myself losing sometimes even with Eva/my strongest tag (6k+dmg), even if I spend lots of silver in smoothing the opponent selection D:
To sum it up I guess the actual question is: Is this game eventually gonna be (again) about finding the best gene/mutant/globes setup or it's ultimately about having a crapload of strong tags?

It's true they haven't exactly been forthcoming with the information on how points are decided. I'd guess to keep people from gaming the system.

It does get mildly frustrating for me when I lose 20 points to a guy who has 10% more Evo levels than me. "So you fought my level 33 mutants with your level 36 mutants? Shocker. Aaaaand the game has decided this was a really hard battle for you. Hunh."

And because the AI isn't exactly brilliant with its tags, the more you get attacked, the harder it is.

But Howard? Suggesting people get in to the top 100 and then stay there to minimize attacks isn't exactly helpful. "In order to win, you need to beat 249, 901 of the 250, 000 players. Then, you're golden."(Closer to 200, 000 right now).

Howard
11-29-2015, 04:06 AM
I have noticed that max evo was only taken into account when I was not using tags in the game. When I started using tags, I started getting varying levels. Of course, this could just be a coincidence. Evo now is not a variable, as I am evo 180, and I get matched with players down to say evo 25, and upwards to evo 500. they are just players in my point/rank range.

The PvP is about tags, along with using a good team. For attacking, it is easier to dictate and use mutants according to what you think they have. I have about 10 mutants that I choose from, depending on the genes of the opponent. I also tend to use speeds 5+ and tanks 3.5-. My staple mutants consist of X27, Tengu, Apex, Abraham lincoln, Dezinger, Kitty Perry, Dragons Mother, Buranka, Buck Maurice, Lily (off the top of my head). I look and guess what mutants the opponent has, pick out suitable mutants, and select an appropriate tag (if needed).

Theres no 100% formula for points, but its is generally about evo. Occasionally the point total/rank comes into play. for example, say you have 20000 points, and a player with higher evo has for example, 15000 points, and wins, They will gain more points then the usual 10. Although there were a couple scenarios where a player with higher evo with similar points and I still lost 20 points. THis is probably due to what hugo said, that the quality of your mutant collection is also a variable; mainly your strongest mutants.

THe AIs are not exactly brilliant as you said, so I sometimes try to exploit this by predicting their moves. Facebook and mobile they have different behaviors. What I have observed were:

- On facebook, the mutants will use the tag on the 1st or 2nd try. The mutants will usually target a mutant which they will do the most damage (ie. X27 will attack Buranka instead of Buck), with exception of dealing the final blow to destroy a mutant. They do this carelessly even if the attacked mutant has retaliate and it would kill them.
- On mobile, the tag will be unleashed the 2nd or 3rd attack. Most of the time the mutant will attack based on damage like previous. BUT they will avoid killing themselves with retaliate, and also avoid attacking retaliate mutants. (ie. is an X27 AI has to choose between attacking an Apex or X27, it will attack Apex. If X27 has to choose between Dezinger and Abraham, it would choose Dezinger, until dezinger has a shield, which it would then attack Abe unless it is close to being "suicided by retaliate"

I didnt say get to the top 100, what I meant to say get to the 1%. Getting to the top 100% is what I do.

Grim Jack
11-29-2015, 08:05 AM
Theres no 100% formula for points, but its is generally about evo. Occasionally the point total/rank comes into play. for example, say you have 20000 points, and a player with higher evo has for example, 15000 points, and wins, They will gain more points then the usual 10. Although there were a couple scenarios where a player with higher evo with similar points and I still lost 20 points. THis is probably due to what hugo said, that the quality of your mutant collection is also a variable; mainly your strongest mutants.

In reference to Hugo's statements on how the system works, please see his 2 posts which I've copied to this thread. They show up as the first 2 posts.

Mormegil
11-29-2015, 03:17 PM
After reading all answers I still fail to understand why I am matched most of the time with opponents clearly stronger than me (they got full orbed legendary golden mutants while i don't), I guess the system doesnt give much value to a mutant being legendary (and thus having more space for orbs) or the quality of the orbs it has? (in my top 3 mutants only one is actually equipped with a level 3 orb) My initial post wasnt about points at all. I mean it could be a concern if I was facing people at my level, but as of now I'd be satisfied even by winning 10 points every time and going against mutants of the same level as mine x'D. Guess next season starting tomorrow i will write down every single attack it's proposed to me and my top mutants and see if everything is fine...
Anyway thanks for the answers!

Howard
11-29-2015, 05:35 PM
After reading all answers I still fail to understand why I am matched most of the time with opponents clearly stronger than me (they got full orbed legendary golden mutants while i don't), I guess the system doesnt give much value to a mutant being legendary (and thus having more space for orbs) or the quality of the orbs it has? (in my top 3 mutants only one is actually equipped with a level 3 orb) My initial post wasnt about points at all. I mean it could be a concern if I was facing people at my level, but as of now I'd be satisfied even by winning 10 points every time and going against mutants of the same level as mine x'D. Guess next season starting tomorrow i will write down every single attack it's proposed to me and my top mutants and see if everything is fine...
Anyway thanks for the answers!

As I stated before, that match making is against players around your ranking/point total. So the strength of players is not taking into account.

Strength of players is only used for point earning.

Mormegil
11-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Well that's what i'd call "well balanced", so. Guess i'll have to just use a lot of resources and attack a lot 20 minutes prior the end of the season to be sure to get the reactor token atleast...

John MacDonald
12-02-2015, 09:47 AM
As I stated before, that match making is against players around your ranking/point total. So the strength of players is not taking into account.

Strength of players is only used for point earning.

So if strength of player is used for point earning, why did I lose 20 points against somebody with over 25% higher levels than me?

All gold mutants. In fact, of the last 3 losses, not one was against my level - All were against higher levels than me - Some much higher - And in every case, I lost 20 points.

Howard
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
So if strength of player is used for point earning, why did I lose 20 points against somebody with over 25% higher levels than me?

All gold mutants. In fact, of the last 3 losses, not one was against my level - All were against higher levels than me - Some much higher - And in every case, I lost 20 points.

Overall, there are 3 variables for point earning
1) Evo
2) Points/rank
3) Quality of mutant collection

I too have experienced the -20 on rare occasions against stronger players. Just yesterday, I lost 20 points 5 times against an evo 227, I am evo 190.

Mormegil
12-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Overall, there are 3 variables for point earning
1) Evo
2) Points/rank
3) Quality of mutant collection

I too have experienced the -20 on rare occasions against stronger players. Just yesterday, I lost 20 points 5 times against an evo 227, I am evo 190.

Hugo said is not about overall quality of mutant collection tho, is only about what the system takes as your "3 best mutants"

Howard
12-02-2015, 05:46 PM
Hugo said is not about overall quality of mutant collection tho, is only about what the system takes as your "3 best mutants"

I guess I could have worded it better :p Tomato, Tomawto lol

Hans
12-03-2015, 03:43 AM
So, here is my first post, I'm typically not a complaining guy but this start to annoy me. recently I encountered so many players that have evo higher than me. One example I met this guy who has sum of evo 102, I have 90.. so it's 90 evo vs 102 evo, 108 fame vs 113 fame, 1468 pvp points vs 1538 pvp points, ok you said best 3 mutants? That guy defend with 3 platinum mutants, so in his collection probably he has more than 3 platinums.. I have only 1 garlog in my collection rest is just gold level 30.. so this guy basically has EVERYTHING higher than me.. the result? Luckily my friends tag strong enough to help me, I won the defence received only 10 points, I attack him and won only 10 points also.. If I lost, I lost 20 points which happened to me many times under similar condition.. Is there any explanation? Or should I conclude that kbj is using dirty sutipd business strategy to force some players to buy their offer to get rid of this "curse"?

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-04-2015, 06:08 AM

Quality is still correct... it may take only 3 into consideration but with a bigger collection you have a better chance of having 3 better mutants.. And if you only have the 3 mutants with the highest rating, then your collection has high PvP quality..

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-04-2015, 06:16 AM
So, here is my first post, I'm typically not a complaining guy but this start to annoy me. recently I encountered so many players that have evo higher than me. One example I met this guy who has sum of evo 102, I have 90.. so it's 90 evo vs 102 evo, 108 fame vs 113 fame, 1468 pvp points vs 1538 pvp points, ok you said best 3 mutants? That guy defend with 3 platinum mutants, so in his collection probably he has more than 3 platinums.. I have only 1 garlog in my collection rest is just gold level 30.. so this guy basically has EVERYTHING higher than me.. the result? Luckily my friends tag strong enough to help me, I won the defence received only 10 points, I attack him and won only 10 points also.. If I lost, I lost 20 points which happened to me many times under similar condition.. Is there any explanation? Or should I conclude that kbj is using dirty sutipd business strategy to force some players to buy their offer to get rid of this "curse"?

Based on your description, you have an Evolution center at 30, your opponent is 34. You have Garlogg and gold mutants, while he has full platinum team... Do you remember what mutants he used? It *MAY* be possible that he has more platinums, however you cannot just assume that. In every case of PvP the only thing you can assume is that the 3 in defense are the 3 best they have since you cannot see their collection unless they were your friend. the PvP point gap is not that big, it is highly possible that your PvP Score is much higher than his.

Hans
12-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Based on your description, you have an Evolution center at 30, your opponent is 34. You have Garlogg and gold mutants, while he has full platinum team... Do you remember what mutants he used? It *MAY* be possible that he has more platinums, however you cannot just assume that. In every case of PvP the only thing you can assume is that the 3 in defense are the 3 best they have since you cannot see their collection unless they were your friend. the PvP point gap is not that big, it is highly possible that your PvP Score is much higher than his.

that guy pvp score is 1538 and mine is 1468, Ofc I knew that player (lower points) that beat higher pvp points opponents even the opponent has higher evo will result in getting less points, but still.. last season(65) it will gives you better points than if you lose.. here is the illustration :
EVO 30 (1500) vs EVO 32 (1600), Win = 30-35 points, Lose = 5
EVO 30 (1600) vs EVO 32 (1500), Win = 18-22 points, Lose = 8-12
on rare occasion EVO 45 might go against you and they won only 5 points while if you revenge and lucky enough to win that match you might got 50-150 points and if you lose you lose only 5 points.
That is not an exact number but at least you get what I mean, and is acceptable case because you get paid higher to face higher evo guy.. BUT THIS SEASON, the issue that I and probably some other player suffer is getting a FIX, let me say it again A FIX 10 points for winning and 20 points for losing even that guy have EVO 45 go against you that only have EVO 30.. and about platinum mutants obviously I'm not assuming why I even need to assume while I have fact? I only assume he has more platinum(more than 3) but when Howard or whoever said 3 best mutants considered at the points you received, that opponent obviously has 3 platinum mutants (which is better than mine that only has 1 garlog) and its all legendary mutants not normal mutants or pvp.. Not only remembered but I have the proof :
http://i65.tinypic.com/dr6whv.jpg

Also what factor that make a mutant considered better than another at the same category let say legendary? I know legendary is better than normal mutant, but how to compare legendary better than another legendary? It's not even clear..

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-04-2015, 08:21 AM
The factor that determines a Mutants PvP score value is not known to the players but we know OF it. With that said, You have Buranka, and Crawlorax in that team which both should be rated pretty high even in just Gold. Garlogg has augmented stats and is released ONLY in platinum so we can also assume he is rated higher than most Legendary.. We dont know what variables in the PVP equation make the biggest impacts and as a result, we cant tell you exactly WHY you are winning less and losing more to him.. but I can tell you now, YOUR MUTANTS are better than his.. the only thing on his team really worth noting is Dezinger... The Evo gap Is really small... 4 evo is barely noticeable... when it gets to 10 levels then you have something to worry about, but even at that... I get 10-18 points off wins from people between 10 and 20 evos ahead of me... Nothing wrong with your point gain.

Hans
12-04-2015, 09:41 AM
The factor that determines a Mutants PvP score value is not known to the players but we know OF it. With that said, You have Buranka, and Crawlorax in that team which both should be rated pretty high even in just Gold. Garlogg has augmented stats and is released ONLY in platinum so we can also assume he is rated higher than most Legendary.. We dont know what variables in the PVP equation make the biggest impacts and as a result, we cant tell you exactly WHY you are winning less and losing more to him.. but I can tell you now, YOUR MUTANTS are better than his.. the only thing on his team really worth noting is Dezinger... The Evo gap Is really small... 4 evo is barely noticeable... when it gets to 10 levels then you have something to worry about, but even at that... I get 10-18 points off wins from people between 10 and 20 evos ahead of me... Nothing wrong with your point gain.

Rated pretty high based on what? Based on your opinion? Last season even when this issue is not exist I met 3 burankas that has same evo like mine but I got standard point on winning them, sometimes even lower points if the condition is same evo but he has low pvp score like the example I gave you previously.. so I don't see that they consider buranka is somewhat better at giving points or not. All here is just your assumption, Do you even see the screenshots I put? 3 platinum with hp doubled or tripled than mine? If you are using assumption how about I do the same? Grannyvore is slot mutant that even I'm using probably more than 500-750+ spin until now still not getting him, he must be rated so strong isn't it? dude I know you are probably not suffer this situation or even you are the one that enjoying getting high points by beating low evo player.. If you have a proof that show you winning only 10 points by beating 20 evos higher than you, I suggest you do that.. If not, I safely to assume that you are enjoying this other people suffering by making this issue looks normal. and it's all biased point of view..

Mormegil
12-04-2015, 11:46 AM
I'm just gonna add that if you havent got a lot of 100% reliable strong tags and are only evo 25 without legendaries (which they have) beating an opponent with 10/15/20 levels total on you is not exactly esily done. Buy I guess expexting it to be somewhat fun for regular/novice players is too much for those claiming it to be "easy"

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Rated pretty high based on what? Based on your opinion? Last season even when this issue is not exist I met 3 burankas that has same evo like mine but I got standard point on winning them, sometimes even lower points if the condition is same evo but he has low pvp score like the example I gave you previously.. so I don't see that they consider buranka is somewhat better at giving points or not. All here is just your assumption, Do you even see the screenshots I put? 3 platinum with hp doubled or tripled than mine? If you are using assumption how about I do the same? Grannyvore is slot mutant that even I'm using probably more than 500-750+ spin until now still not getting him, he must be rated so strong isn't it? dude I know you are probably not suffer this situation or even you are the one that enjoying getting high points by beating low evo player.. If you have a proof that show you winning only 10 points by beating 20 evos higher than you, I suggest you do that.. If not, I safely to assume that you are enjoying this other people suffering by making this issue looks normal. and it's all biased point of view..

As I said, the factor that determines a Mutants PvP score is UNKNOWN.... I had asked about this before, and the information was denied. What IS known is that the game determines a lot of things mathematically.. PvP is an equation with many many variables.. lets use a little bit of LOGIC to get ourselves on the right direction.. What makes Buranka so Special? He is 25% weaker than all other legendary mutants in his speed tier right? Only having 75% of the damage compared to other 5 speed legends.. But he hits 3 mutants... so that means he does 75%x3.. which effectively makes him 2.25x stronger than any mutant sitting in his speed tier before weakness/resistences is taken into account.. He retains the same health value as 5 speed mutants and carries 2 advanced genes.. BOTH of his attacks hit all 3 mutants. If you make stat comparisons with ALL other legends in ALL speed tiers you will notice that buranka sits much higher than MOST other mutants.. THIS DOES NOT REFLECT KOBOJOS METHOD OF DETERMINING MUTANT VALUE! But if you assign him a value based on his stats and damage output.. you will understand. As for Garlogg? Seriously.. he has AUGMENTED stats... Please.... Just STOP assuming that I am attacking you with baseless assumptions and take the information that I am giving you..

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-09-2015, 04:26 PM
dude I know you are probably not suffer this situation or even you are the one that enjoying getting high points by beating low evo player..

You really think so? DO TAKE NOTE that there is NO revenge button on wins greater than 10 points and losses greater than 5.. ALL of those fights were against players with MORE than 20 evo above me..
Notice the revenge buttons on fights that have +10 or -20 points? Because I dont chase people with lower OR equal evo.. The one loss with 20 points and no revenge button was an attack against a player with around 8-10 MORE evo than my own... That is why I dont chase people lower or equal in evo... anything LESS than 10 evo above me can give me that considering my collection.. SO YES... 10 points of slightly higher opponents is NORMAL..

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-09-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm just gonna add that if you havent got a lot of 100% reliable strong tags and are only evo 25 without legendaries (which they have) beating an opponent with 10/15/20 levels total on you is not exactly esily done. Buy I guess expexting it to be somewhat fun for regular/novice players is too much for those claiming it to be "easy"

Just to be clear, I never said it was *easy*... I usually said it was hard but not impossible..

John MacDonald
12-09-2015, 07:46 PM
You really think so? DO TAKE NOTE that there is NO revenge button on wins greater than 10 points and losses greater than 5.. ALL of those fights were against players with MORE than 20 evo above me..
Notice the revenge buttons on fights that have +10 or -20 points? Because I dont chase people with lower OR equal evo.. The one loss with 20 points and no revenge button was an attack against a player with around 8-10 MORE evo than my own... That is why I dont chase people lower or equal in evo... anything LESS than 10 evo above me can give me that considering my collection.. SO YES... 10 points of slightly higher opponents is NORMAL..

I'm now in the top 7% just by revenging on players who lost against me.

I just beat someone with a 30% evo higher and 2/3 platinum mutants and got 13 points. This was someone who had lost to me - I'm assuming because I'm using my critical hits and such in this one because I care about getting the mutant.

I'm honestly mystified. I won 125 points and 141 points against people, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they were worth anything because similar levels, similar mutants and similar points totals can come back with being worth 10-20 points.

I'm just avoiding the ridiculous fights right now because I have no idea if someone is worth the risk in fighting their much higher Evo.

This is definitely my least favourite PvP.

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-09-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm now in the top 7% just by revenging on players who lost against me.

I just beat someone with a 30% evo higher and 2/3 platinum mutants and got 13 points. This was someone who had lost to me - I'm assuming because I'm using my critical hits and such in this one because I care about getting the mutant.

I'm honestly mystified. I won 125 points and 141 points against people, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they were worth anything because similar levels, similar mutants and similar points totals can come back with being worth 10-20 points.

I'm just avoiding the ridiculous fights right now because I have no idea if someone is worth the risk in fighting their much higher Evo.

This is definitely my least favourite PvP.

That is honestly one of the slowest ways you can advance. Fortunately, that is what most high evo players have to do throughout every PvP season so you are getting a taste of their experience. I have been playing this game since its first few weeks out, definitely since PvP was first introduced, so I can say that I am a veteran player, and that I have enough experience to know the struggles from almost all perspectives. I dont have the biggest fame, or the highest evo center, but there is a valid reason for that... I am a PvP player.. I completely understand your frustrations.. but my advice to help you progress would simply to be, *Aim High*..... the stronger your opponents, the better chances you have for getting good points.. In my case, at 46 evo, 15-20 evo higher is the safest place to farm higher points. So 33% more evo is what you want to be facing. anything less than that has a chance for the matchmaking scores to even out and you wouldnt get much from that.

John MacDonald
12-09-2015, 10:53 PM
That is honestly one of the slowest ways you can advance. Fortunately, that is what most high evo players have to do throughout every PvP season so you are getting a taste of their experience. I have been playing this game since its first few weeks out, definitely since PvP was first introduced, so I can say that I am a veteran player, and that I have enough experience to know the struggles from almost all perspectives. I dont have the biggest fame, or the highest evo center, but there is a valid reason for that... I am a PvP player.. I completely understand your frustrations.. but my advice to help you progress would simply to be, *Aim High*..... the stronger your opponents, the better chances you have for getting good points.. In my case, at 46 evo, 15-20 evo higher is the safest place to farm higher points. So 33% more evo is what you want to be facing. anything less than that has a chance for the matchmaking scores to even out and you wouldnt get much from that.

I just faced a guy who had 131 level Evo to my 93. That's a 40% increase in Evo. He had a platinum Zombat with a higher HP than my platinum Tengu.

I lost that one. And I lost 20 points.

It's not just being faced against higher players all the time; It's that the higher players are worth next to nothing when I win. If I face a 50% higher Evo player or a lower player, I earn 10 points nearly every time. Sometimes, I earn more. Definitely not most of the time.

So when you say 'Aim high', what are you suggesting? Fighting higher level evos isn't earning me more. It's just higher risk for no extra reward. Can you clarify what you mean by 'Aim high'?

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-10-2015, 05:16 AM
I just faced a guy who had 131 level Evo to my 93. That's a 40% increase in Evo. He had a platinum Zombat with a higher HP than my platinum Tengu.

I lost that one. And I lost 20 points.

It's not just being faced against higher players all the time; It's that the higher players are worth next to nothing when I win. If I face a 50% higher Evo player or a lower player, I earn 10 points nearly every time. Sometimes, I earn more. Definitely not most of the time.

So when you say 'Aim high', what are you suggesting? Fighting higher level evos isn't earning me more. It's just higher risk for no extra reward. Can you clarify what you mean by 'Aim high'?

The wording here...
He had a platinum Zombat with a higher HP than my platinum Tengu.

based on your posts in the other threads you have quite a collection of Platinum mutants already.... Based on the wording, I could surmise that the player you attacked had 1... since you can only assume that the 3 mutants in defense are the the 3 best that they have due to the fact that you can only see those 3 mutants.... In the famous words of Hugo himself.. Literally taken from the first page in this thread..

Based on how the matchmaking works, the only explanation i see is that the game considers you have better "top 3 mutants in your collection", which makes your matchmaking score higher than the opponent's score. As a consequence, you dont win much and lose big.

Dont just aim for higher evo.. Aim for higher star rating... you want ALL the odds stacked against you in order to get those big points. Platinum mutants brought an insane power gap with them.. just try comparing the stats of a gold Mutant at your max level to the same mutant in platinum from level 1.. watch it as it levels and you will see how big the gap is in level when it catches up in stats.. This makes finding Gold teams or teams with Less platinums than you have (which is anything less than 3 because you have more than 3) undesirable... I would suggest since you already made more than 3 plats... to make some tanks... Behemoth, Dezinger, Thor, Haggis, or basically anyone below 4 speed.. Touching Genes are OK for offense.. Since you have an idea of what the enemy team will be before you face it and can choose appropriately to counter. When you start seeing people above 200 sum then you can assume they have more than 3 plats even if their defense is gold or less... thats when Star manipulation comes into play..

Hans
12-10-2015, 06:55 AM

Thanks for providing screenshots that prove that this season is NOT normal.. Many has also confirmed that they acknowledge something is wrong with this season and is different from previous season. You could keep saying it normal tho, you have the right to live the fantasy world..
As for the best mutants, saying Buranka and Garlog as better or rated higher than other mutants is just personal assumption and has nothing to do with the kbj way of determining the score or mutants value just like you said, Garlog is not even in the top list of GM most used mutants, not to say that gene combination? Are you serious..? Despite being exclusive mutant, I and probably many would easily choose platinum Apex or Lily.. Facing 2 burankas also not giving me points more than 10, so yeah I don't think it's good for us to discuss this "best mutant" issue further, we are not heading to the right conclusion, you also keep coming with more and more of your own assumption like assuming crawlorax has higher rank, krunk is lower, grannyvore is lower,etc, which there is no way we could know about this currently, we can't just simply make our assumption to judge how this game works, how that works as if we know all things very well. our assumption has nothing to do with the current game scoring system itself.. This way of discussion has go against Ockham's razor. I'll just wait for kbj statement.

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Thanks for providing screenshots that prove that this season is NOT normal.. Many has also confirmed that they acknowledge something is wrong with this season and is different from previous season. You could keep saying it normal tho, you have the right to live the fantasy world..
As for the best mutants, saying Buranka and Garlog as better or rated higher than other mutants is just personal assumption and has nothing to do with the kbj way of determining the score or mutants value just like you said, Garlog is not even in the top list of GM most used mutants, not to say that gene combination? Are you serious..? Despite being exclusive mutant, I and probably many would easily choose platinum Apex or Lily.. Facing 2 burankas also not giving me points more than 10, so yeah I don't think it's good for us to discuss this "best mutant" issue further, we are not heading to the right conclusion, you also keep coming with more and more of your own assumption like assuming crawlorax has higher rank, krunk is lower, grannyvore is lower,etc, which there is no way we could know about this currently, we can't just simply make our assumption to judge how this game works, how that works as if we know all things very well. our assumption has nothing to do with the current game scoring system itself.. This way of discussion has go against Ockham's razor. I'll just wait for kbj statement.

Allow me to quote Hugo... As the player he was responding to had a similar experience, except that that player was tackling a slightly bigger evo gap than you are..

Based on how the matchmaking works, the only explanation i see is that the game considers you have better "top 3 mutants in your collection", which makes your matchmaking score higher than the opponent's score. As a consequence, you dont win much and lose big.

Now you can say that it doesnt apply because that players problem happened before this season and your problem is happening now.. except that you are trying to argue against the collective experience of data collectors that came to the same fundamental conclusion in regards to PvP EVEN in this season... THE HARDER THE FIGHT, THE MORE POINTS YOU *CAN* WIN.... And like I said... 4 evo difference... even at your evo.. is BARELY noticeable.. Tthe stats of YOUR best mutants can easily outweigh the stats of your OPPONENTs best mutants with a gap that *SMALL*.. resulting in a very EASY win which concludes to very LITTLE points... I am not the only person that has tested this... so STOP ASSUMING I am personally ATTACKING you (because you keep calling me names and your attitude is presumptuous and cynical whilst I am really trying so hard to refrain from calling you anything) and take the information that I am going out of my way to provide.. Oh and by the way... everything you have said regarding Mutant vs Mutant usage statistics can be surmised in one easy word *PREFERENCE*.. You are talking about Preference... My information does not entail preference.. Enjoy..

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-11-2015, 12:20 PM

Just to show you how negligible a few evo difference is....

Darn cant seem to upload the fight history to prove that +10 came From Ale....

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-11-2015, 12:24 PM

And the last fight... This is why you shouldnt settle for opponents within 10 evos..

John MacDonald
12-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Just to show you how negligible a few evo difference is....
Darn cant seem to upload the fight history to prove that +10 came From Ale....

I love that you're using platinum Wind Spirit.

A lot of people have said he isn't worth the loss in HP, but I can say without a doubt that he is well-worth it. Y'know who else I've learned is worth it? Darwin.

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-11-2015, 01:46 PM
I love that you're using platinum Wind Spirit.

A lot of people have said he isn't worth the loss in HP, but I can say without a doubt that he is well-worth it. Y'know who else I've learned is worth it? Darwin.

I have only one specific function for him... tagging... He is platinum, so theoretically he should have priority in speed ties.. When I know that I will be facing an X27 or something of similar speed, and the evo difference is only slight, then I use him to kill the tengu... Other than that, I dnt use him much outside of predicted Britany teams.. He is Absurdly strong with 2 attack orbs and critical orbs.. I dont need health on him because I dont keep him as reliable DPS... just put out the tag, let him die... if he gets more than one hit then that orb setup lets him actually do something worthwhile.. he doesnt live long no matter what you put on him so might as well play to his strengths instead of compensating for his weaknesses.. All mutants have a use.. even crappy gene combinations like Garlogg can serve a very specific function much better than any other mutant. Those augmented stats can become really really painful for opponents running slow cybers or galactics.. I dont have Garlogg though..

Hans
12-16-2015, 08:07 AM
Allow me to quote Hugo... As the player he was responding to had a similar experience, except that that player was tackling a slightly bigger evo gap than you are..

Now you can say that it doesnt apply because that players problem happened before this season and your problem is happening now.. except that you are trying to argue against the collective experience of data collectors that came to the same fundamental conclusion in regards to PvP EVEN in this season... THE HARDER THE FIGHT, THE MORE POINTS YOU *CAN* WIN.... And like I said... 4 evo difference... even at your evo.. is BARELY noticeable.. Tthe stats of YOUR best mutants can easily outweigh the stats of your OPPONENTs best mutants with a gap that *SMALL*.. resulting in a very EASY win which concludes to very LITTLE points... I am not the only person that has tested this... so STOP ASSUMING I am personally ATTACKING you (because you keep calling me names and your attitude is presumptuous and cynical whilst I am really trying so hard to refrain from calling you anything) and take the information that I am going out of my way to provide.. Oh and by the way... everything you have said regarding Mutant vs Mutant usage statistics can be surmised in one easy word *PREFERENCE*.. You are talking about Preference... My information does not entail preference.. Enjoy..

That guy tackling a slightly bigger evo gap? Do you even know how far the evo gap with my opponents I'm facing? Surely you are using your personal opinion here. How about you compare the real fact? You can easily see how many have complaint about season 66, and how many that complaint season 65.

except that you are trying to argue against the collective experience of data collectors that came to the same fundamental conclusion in regards to PvP EVEN in this season...
Why not you show me your great data collection of their experience? or you mean another collective of your personal opinion? Unless you can prove with the screenshots showing them in season 65 or before that season giving all of them 10 points in their game when facing higher evo and star then throw away the fundamental conclusion to the trash basket or you may need to change it to funda-mentally ill conclusion buddy.

Dont just aim for higher evo.. Aim for higher star rating... you want ALL the odds stacked against you in order to get those big points. Platinum mutants brought an insane power gap with them.. just try comparing the stats of a gold Mutant at your max level to the same mutant in platinum from level 1.. watch it as it levels and you will see how big the gap is in level when it catches up in stats.. This makes finding Gold teams or teams with Less platinums than you have (which is anything less than 3 because you have more than 3) undesirable... I would suggest since you already made more than 3 plats... to make some tanks... Behemoth, Dezinger, Thor, Haggis, or basically anyone below 4 speed.. Touching Genes are OK for offense.. Since you have an idea of what the enemy team will be before you face it and can choose appropriately to counter. When you start seeing people above 200 sum then you can assume they have more than 3 plats even if their defense is gold or less... thats when Star manipulation comes into play..
It's good that you realize platinum start mutant gave insane power gap.. I've met 10 evos different with full 3 platinum doesn't gave me more than 10 points, let me remind you again that I only have 1 platinum which is Garlog, oh yeah sorry, again I forgot Garlog is exclusive mutant with augmented stats and exclusive one so he is worth more than 1 platinum, oh yeah that buranka too, even gold he is rated as 1 platinum probably isn't it or is it worth more than 1 platinum sir? Now I know why I'm losing big points against high evos and 3 platinums. oh yeah let's make this discussion into fully assumption without any real data provided by game dev, and although in reality the opponent have fully platinum mutant and high evos let assume their mutants is lower grade, their burankas is nothing compare to this or that mutants (according to the great analysis), Garlog is special blah blah blah.. Now people know that I am so smart at analyzing, yay..! who cares in reality is different, isn't it? That's cool bud..

Oh and by the way... everything you have said regarding Mutant vs Mutant usage statistics can be surmised in one easy word *PREFERENCE*.. You are talking about Preference... My information does not entail preference.. Enjoy..
Preference? So you're denying the facts? Apex with the same boost ability like Garlog, faster movement attack and no weakness gene should rated lower than Garlog? Is that preference or real fact? This game has the concept that made so the player can only try to guess the gene of the opponents without knowing what is the real mutants they have, I can easily fool my opponent (especially those who love "stacking gene" mutants) with reverse gene strategy so they think I have my mutants in cyber which actually cyber is my 3 mutants second gene.. That's where gene like apex will works and easily win you most of the game without being fooled by your opponents, there is reason why he is in the top GM mutant list provided by kbj themselves and preferred by many. So no, I'm not using personal preference. Saying Garlog blah blah blah entail your preference.. In fact he is not even in the top GM mutant list.
The analyzes and information you provide prove nothing in real games, why should I take the information(more like assumption) you gave? I'm here just to acknowledge there're major changes in the way of how PvP works, and not to discuss how the game works, how the mutants rated higher or lower with no/less credibility person or not in the game dev team. I only take information from game dev team not you or whoever, not even Grim Jack or Howard themselves although their words will have more credibility than most of us. I love how they are who have played this game for years, 150+ evo (real veteran) not even try to sound smart and stay humble, not try to analyze way too far that can't be proven in reality like some (self proclaim) veteran did.

Leo Chen
12-17-2015, 01:09 AM
my current evo is, 52, since kenneth did score them on evo 65+ and got 100+ points i tried too, but although winning over evos 70+,80+ i got only 10 points over my win no matter if they have 400 or more points than me i got only 10 points, this rules in this pvp is the worst possible to play, i think the kobojo team really want us to leave this game, if we loose always is 20-, if win always is +10, if we try highers evos and they fight back is -10 in balance, horrible setup.

Arturo Leon
12-17-2015, 01:46 AM
Hugo;48231']Psy Captains, in this thread i am going to explain (and keep up to date) how the matchmaking work.
[Re edited on December 11th]

HOW DOES THE GAME FIND MY OPPONENTS?

The game tries to match you again players of similar power. Ideally, the fight should not be too easy, not too hard, but challenging..

To do so, the game estimates the power of every player in the Global Tournament, based on the 3 best mutants in their collection.

Note: The number of points is also taken into account to match you against opponents.

After the fight, you are granted a number of points depending on how "difficult" the fight was (according to the game) : For example if you manage to win against somebody that have significantly more powerful creatures than you in its collection, you will win an important amount of points.

WHICH INFORMATION DOES THE GAME TAKE INTO ACCOUNT TO ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE 3 MUTANTS INVOLVED IN THE MATCHMAKING?

The game takes into account various things such as the level of the mutants and their stars for example.

Have a great day in the arena Psy Captain!

--" if you manage to win against somebody that have significantly more powerful creatures than you in its collection, you will win an important amount of points"--
So, by upgrading to Platinum I'm basically screwing myself?.
Been giving 20, taking back 10 from players I considered "stronger" current(67) & previous pvp's.
What's the point of sacrificing two gold for a Platinum if in the end you'll be worst of than before?4143

Leo Chen
12-17-2015, 04:10 AM
--" So, by upgrading to Platinum I'm basically screwing myself?."
Been giving 20, taking back 10 from players I considered "stronger" current(67) & previous pvp's.
What's the point of sacrificing two gold for a Platinum if in the end you'll be worst of than before?4143

Is what it seems to be..., you work hard, spend money, credits, hours & strategies to be stronger than others of your level and now you are targeted to be taken down and turn out to be the source share to others many points but you yourself, will only collect -20 points each time defilling your precious few friend's tag. The many i won over only gave me 10 points, so few are giving me a little more points than this 10 and the explanation is it only because my.mutt's collection is better than my strong evo's opponents? i am very disappointed.

Michael Tinker
12-23-2015, 10:39 AM
The match making process is by points, you are matched with players close to you in points. The lower you are in the standings, the total number of different opponents you get matched with, means you can get attacked more. Example: comparing 100th place to 2000th place. At 100 there are less players with similar points range while at 2000 there are more different players in your range.

You are probably getting matched with more 75-78 etc because those are the more popular EVOs to be in. A lot of players strive to be either 25, or 30, etc.

I would assume for you that staying in 50% is harder then 1%, due to the fact that at 50% there is a lot more people attacking you, which is why Iwould suggest trying to advance further. What I usually do is get to the top 100, and then maintain my position. I recommend getting strong tags for defense and attack, they will help. Also, fight stronger players, they will earn you more points for a win, compared to if you win against lower level players. Example: Beating a lower level = 10 points earned, losing to one s 20 points lost. Compared to beating higher level oppoents will get your 20+ points; the higher the level, the more you get. If you lose to a higher level player, yuo will only lose 5. always. My personal best is 3000 points for a single win.

Get fast mutants like Autonorush, X27, etc, they will help you unleash your tag. Try to get 2000 points total in PvP; this is usually the cut off for 1%

THe fluctuating number attacks is most likely random. Sometimes players are active, sometimes not.

sujit was evo 68 6 higher and had only five more pvp points and i got 43 for beating him
he had little red riding ax , raknruin, and lilly
then beat alex at a combined 240 and only got 14

MydKnight
03-10-2016, 08:22 PM

So...if the matchmaking process is by points and you get matched with players close to you in points...does the level of your mutants matter at all? Or the level of theirs more accurately? It would seem not as I am a player with only two level 15 mutants and the bulk of my remaining mutants level 11 or 12 yet my typical matchup is a team of combined level 90. Am I expected to win against such a team? is my only option to grind down my points to be low enough that I actually encounter players with mutants of similar level to mine...or will I still be losing at 50 points to combined level 90 teams?

I'm mostly trying to get a handle on how to get to a point where i have a reasonable 50/50 win loss ratio with the level of mutants I have now...whats the strategy here?

Reynan Lariga Palma
09-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Personally, I think this point based matchmaking system is a load of crap. As everyone already noticed its full of flaws. To make it fair I think that thematchmaking system should be based on 3 factors.
1. Evo level.
2. Average star rating and;
3. Average sum of the base damage of your collections 3 stongest mutants.