PDA

View Full Version : Common strategies for Orbs

Mormegil
12-01-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi again guys! I'm slowly trying to get a good pvp team, and i know orbs are quite the important factor into the equation... so, what are the common strategies for orbs in pvp? What to use on a slow mutant?(4 or less) what on an extremely fast one? what on an average speed one? (5-6 speed I guess)

(as a little side question, is it worth to orb a gold Captain Wrenchfury?(considering I have only one legendary kitty perry and it's not even gold atm) and if so, what orbs would be good on him?)

Sorry for the noob questions, and thanks for your time :)

John MacDonald
12-01-2015, 08:10 PM
I have seen a few good Orb combinations dependent upon the mutants in question.

+curse items often go well with cursey-fast mutants.+ Boost tends to go well with medium speed mutants who will get attacked(But not killed) by the faster ones. +Retaliate is great on Tengu(Who you should be looking to breed even now. Tengu is fantastic).

Shield tends to be a not-great investment. Bleed tends to be a not-great investment. +drain tends to not be a great investment. Boost and Retaliate with slow mutants is pretty reliable.

Everything else is mutant-dependent.

Azius
12-01-2015, 08:14 PM
If it's a tank, I'd suggest health orbs, Maybe attack orbs. But only orbs level one or up. generaly lower orbs are not that useful, except as crafting tools. also drain life, speed, shield and curse work well. for a speedster, use attack orbs and speed orbs. for an intermidiate, use 1 attack and 1 health, and probably a speed orb, otherwise pretty much any level 2 special orb. If you don't have any golds besides captain wrenchfury, orb him.if the other golds you have are breedable commons, orb him. use speedster orbs on him. This is just what I use, and it works for me, also I think this is a pretty common opinion.

Mormegil
12-01-2015, 10:43 PM
(Who you should be looking to breed even now. Tengu is fantastic)
What do you mean Breed tengu? isnt completing the gold mutants grid the only way to get it?

If you don't have any golds besides captain wrenchfury, orb him.if the other golds you have are breedable commons, orb him. use speedster orbs on him.
When you say attack orbs and speed orbs you mean 2x attack and 1x speed?

Also, while we are at it, is Kitty Perry a good mutant for pvp?

Bas Suilen
12-02-2015, 02:35 PM
It depends on the levelof the orb.
I have a level 3 curse (blue) orb and a level 3 wound orb (20%) obtained by crafting
To my knowledge both weren't obtainable through the shop and I haven't decided to give them to any mutant.

Curse + wound on a dragon's mother sounds interesting. I have to do some calculations to decide what's best.

Howard
12-02-2015, 05:07 PM
It all depends on preference and mutant. Personally, I love my level 3 health orbs. I have my PvP mutants, from X27, to Buck, with 2 health orbs. My tanks have a boost special orb, while my fast mutants (5 or more) have speed orbs. Mid range mutants can also use 1 health, and 1 attack orb.

Although my X27 has 2 health orbs, I would imagine that having 2 attack orbs work too (since it is mostly going to die first anyways, might as well dish as much damage as possible before doing so)

Brandon Charles
12-06-2015, 10:51 PM
Level 3 attack orbs are great and I get a kick out of putting speed orbs on my tanks, usually gives them a chance to kill other tanks before they get the jump on me.