PDA

View Full Version : Discussion/Feedbacks on the PVP Season 66

[K] Hugo
12-02-2015, 11:12 AM
Psy Captains, today we would like to gather feedbacks regarding your experience in the new PVP season (66).

If you are facing issues that were not here before but appeared this season, please detail them below.

Along with the details on your issue please answer the following questions:
- What is your Fame/Evo level?
- How often does this issue happen this season?
- Would you say that this issue evolved as you did more matches this season? (for example "the issue was occuring a lot during my 10 first matches this season, then occured less and less often")

Last but not least if you play on mobile device, please send me your kobojo id (that you can find in the options in the MGG application) by private message for further investigation.

Again, please only write in this discussion if you have issues that occurred since a few days (not before).

Thank you in advance for your collaboration!

UPDATE DECEMBER 11TH:

Hugo;48870']
Hello fellow Psy Captains, thank you again for all your details that helped the team a lot!

Today I am glad to confirm you that two recent bugs have been fixed on December 9th thanks to your feedbacks:

Bug 1: On the first match in the Global Tournament 66, the player could face random opponents, and earn seemingly random points after a victory. This is now fixed!

Bug 2: A mutant being in a defense team was not taken into account, resulting in some players facing opponent who were 33% stronger than intended. This is now solved.

Thank you again for your feedbacks that help us to improve the game, have a great day in the arena!

[K] Hugo
12-02-2015, 11:18 AM
Reposting some feedbacks from a different thread:

Hi Kobojo team and rest of the mortals, I'm at lvl 34 (102 for the 3 of'em) and I'm evo 87, in PvP I've been facing people with 124 and above levels, all with golden and platinum mutants, which I think, is somehow unfair. Today i had to expend more than 1million coins (money) to get some 102-110 rivals. At my most frustrating point I was matched with someone who had over 300 in their mutants (all platinum) and worst of all, I WAS RANKING ONLY IN THE 83%. Is this going to happen in a regular basis? Is it the way the PvP is supposed to be?

Anyway... thanks for your time, effort and patience.

I've had the same issue and asked about it a few days ago. Check my post http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?8779-How-does-Pvp-work-(Exactly), some answers that have been given might explain this to you, even tho they didnt give a real "solution" to the problem xD

I'm having the same issue this season, never had it before.

I'm EVO Sum 129, and I'm consistently matched up with players with Evo Sum 150+. Highest was 210. Even with my best tags, I can't win the fights.

I've defended against a half-dozen people who are Evo sums 100-120. Most of my losses to those who are around 119-120, I'm losing 20 points. If I revenge, I get 10 points.

When I did beat someone who had an Evo Sum of 132, I got only 10 points. All my loses against those with the impossible to beat evo sums are -5. I spent about 1mil nexting and only found one person I could even have a chance of beating.

James Kevin Florida
12-02-2015, 01:30 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1237629376263871&set=p.1237629376263871&type=3

just like that one, how am I supposed to win if we are to battle or be matched to that kind of level? it's so match of a gap and basically, it shouldn't be happening, it's sure lose I can say. Other than that, I have issues with losing so much points, that happens when I fight with mutants that has 3 levels more than me and when I lose, I still lose 20 or more points though the gap is obvious.
it's very frustrating...

[K] Hugo
12-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Hello, in this thread we are looking for issues that appeared this season. can you please confirm that you are experiencing your issues only since yesterday or Monday?

Also, for some reason we can't see your image. Please upload it on internet using for example tinypic (tinypic.com) and put the link in your post :)

Also as stated in my original post above, please answer the following questions to allow us to investigate your case:

- Would you say that this issue evolved as you did more matches this season? (for example "the issue was occuring a lot during my 10 first matches this season, then occured less and less often")

Hugo;48350']

Last but not least if you play on mobile device, please send me your kobojo id (that you can find in the options in the MGG application) by private message for further investigation.

Thanks for your collaboration!

James Kevin Florida
12-02-2015, 01:40 PM
hey, I just fought mutants with sum of levels 100+ 5 times in a row, mine is only 90 sum of levels. this is too unfair, please fix this.

James Kevin Florida
12-02-2015, 01:46 PM
sorry bout that, I can't seem to upload the PNG, I'll try again. and where can I find my kobojo ID, sorry, not sure where.
I've been having few crashes when I start a battle as well in my android phone, it happens since I installed it but got worse after the last update for the crafting building.

I think the image is too big, I just resized it.4054
here's the link on my reply on FB as well..
("https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1237629376263871&set=p.1237629376263871&type=3")

please investigate : )

- fame 95, evo 30

- almost every fight since I just started PVP

- I think it did, though on the previous seasons, it only happens on defenses, on attacks I just got mutant with 100+ sum of level not this much.

Last but not least if you play on mobile device, please send me your kobojo id by private message for further investigation.
- where do I find it?

Bas Suilen
12-02-2015, 02:28 PM
I faced higher evo's too, bit I kinda like it.
Yes I lose more but get a lot more points if I beat someone of a higher level.
Normally I have to grind myself to the top because I mostly face mutants equal or lower to my EVO.

Just beat someone who was 11 levels higher, giving me 80 points :*)

Mormegil
12-02-2015, 03:02 PM
I'm Fame 50 evo 25

how often i've faced this problem: i'm 14 fights in, (the last 6-7 fights have only been revenges as atleast i can find some "suitable" opponent in there) and the last fight searches i've had are: evo 96-84-100-96-84-87-89-87-87-90 (i spent a lot of coins to try searching again before posting here)

as for the evolving of the situation, i've been having this problem since the start really but it kind of got worse.

this is the screen of the last 90 total of my search
http://i63.tinypic.com/o8i8sy.jpg

Edit: All of this i've written is referring to this current season*

Mi?a Dizzy
12-02-2015, 03:30 PM
Guys hello.
Something is happening in PVP. It started for me in Season 64 when there was no way for me to keep it under 10% (which I did with not much trouble in previous Seasons), but from the middle of the last week I was loosing almost every defending battle and I could not win an attack battle and even if I could I got 5 or 10 but mostly I loose it with 20 points?
But this week it is impossible to win any battle :( I always face much much higher EVO opponent with enormous strength (mostly all are platinum btw 15.000-20.000 health). My strongest and slowest mutant has 13.000!?

Sorry I had to put small intro :) and now answers:
1) FAME 112, EVO 39.
2) I currently have 14 attacks, lets say that last 11 attacks were like this - impossible. I had 22 defense fights, as I can see I lost most of them.
3) NO, as I explained it in previous words, lets say that this started from the of beginning in this Season.

Howard
12-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Fame 650 evo 190
Pretty much for the past while
Don't know my Kobojo ID, but you know who I am :3 lol

For me, the main problem is match-making. I am more or less OK with the point system with the exception of a couple rare occasions.

1) Basically in PvP, I reach a point where I get stuck due to the point system. This occurs to me the past many events. For example, I get to rank 100, and due to the match making system, I get paired with players around my rank (like 95 to 105). All of these players are low levels, so I only get +10 points. I cannot progress in ranking unless I grind tons to battles, but at the same time, the lower levels gain lots of points from fighting others. Sometimes, if I am lucky, either a stronger player gets into my range. If not, then I have to grind a ton of battles in hopes to get into the range of a stronger player. I for one, like being matched with stronger players due to the points I gain.

Pretty much, the higher the evo I become, the harder it is to be in the top 100 due to the point gaining. I remember being at evo 65 and being in the top 20, now I am having difficulty being in the top 100. Shouldn’t the point of the game is to encourage players to become stronger, instead of finding that “good” spot at a lower evo?

2) I noticed on rare occasions, I do win or lose against a stronger opponent. But I still lose 20 points, which isn’t quite fair. Just yesterday, someone attacked be 5 times and won. Their evo is 227, mine is 190. I lose 20 points each time, and when I revenged, I got 10. Our points and rank were similar so that should not have been a variable.

Today I attacked them twice, but got more points, about 60 each. Which is better, but normally still not enough for beating a person 30 evos above me. I have beat players that range higher, and gained more points then that.

3) Skipping. I do not get the skipping credit cost, and how it is calculated. Sometimes it is way too expensive (upwards to 1.8 million for 1 skip). I also don’t get the pattern. There could be someone who is evo 400 and they cost 400000 to skip, but then there is a person who is evo 300 who cost more to skip. Confusing. lol

If I think of anything else, I will let you know!

[K] Hugo
12-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Last but not least if you play on mobile device, please send me your kobojo id by private message for further investigation.
- where do I find it?

Thank you for your details above! Regarding the kobojo id, you can find it in the settings of the mobile MGG application.

Thank you all for your feedbacks, keep them coming!

I insist on the fact that in this discussion we are investigating issues that appeared ONLY in this season.
Indeed, we have very recently applied some changes to improve the overall system and even though it seems that matchmaking got more fair for a lot of players, we are very interested in your feedback if you are experience more issues than in the past. Note that the current state of the matchmaking is not final yet, that this why all your feedbacks help us.

Again, please only write in this discussion if you have issues that occurred since a few days (not before).
Please also make sure to answer the following questions, to help us investigate potential issues :

Hugo;48350']

Micha? Mym Mogi?ko
12-02-2015, 06:58 PM
What i noticed so far (im evo 50 fame 164)
I got attacked like 20 times and all of my attackers was about evo 20-30
When i attack my first opponent was evo 56, next one evo 61, and next evo 65 ...
So if thats gonna stay like this every next opponent will be 5 evo higher?

PS
Ive got 1960 points and im in top 2%
Usually 1500+ was 1%

Grim Jack
12-02-2015, 07:27 PM
My first fight of this Season was different than any other Season's first fight in that the player I was matched against had Sum Evo 51 but over 25000 points. Normal Sum Evo for first fight can be anywhere from 30-110, so that's unchanged, but instead of playing against someone with 810 points (which I'd say was every other first fight in the past 1.5 yrs) this guy was off the chart!

Also, I normally win 300-400 points from my first win (avg player Sum Evo 90, 810 points), and this Season's first fight only gave me 175.

Fame 819
EVO 190
Only affected first fight
No other evolution with next 30 fights.

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Hugo;48350']Psy Captains, today we would like to gather feedbacks regarding your experience in the new PVP season (66).

If you are facing issues that were not here before but appeared this season, please detail them below.

Fame 147, Evo 46...
Issue and frequency: Matched with higher evo players with minimal point gains..first 5 fights..
Problems: Point gains... Seriously? 16 points off someone higher in Evo and full platinum team.. Can understand if my mutants are better, but they are also significantly underlevel....first 5 fights were like this.. small gains from harder opponents.. but afterwards I got opponents who were too far ahead in evo for my mutants to be considered better.. Good points from then on.. I might actually play this season just to toy with good teams..

John MacDonald
12-02-2015, 08:22 PM
I haven't actually fought, but my current opponent has 144 Evo levels to my 93. That's a difference of 51 levels or close to a 60% increase over mine.

Traditionally, I've been faced with a 5-10% increase in Evo levels. This 144 points is simply absurd.

And he's got 100% platinum for his defence team. Since I haven't fought, you can look at my current account right now and see who my next opponent is - The game saves it, right?

Ivan Prado
12-02-2015, 10:19 PM
my Evo is 270+ Fame 1372+ many time lost with players who have lower evo (pvp ) hope Kobojo not let the cheaters and hackers play any more thank you.

mrinmoy
12-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Dude something s really wrong here... I mean this never happened before... Not even on the day 1 of this tournament... Even after winning and earning a lot of points, my percentage seems to be stuck at a particular one.. troubled..
Fame... 62, evo.. 30

Master Blaster
12-03-2015, 12:07 AM
My name in the game is my real name : Ronnie Blackburn Fame 1827 Evo 348

I am having 2 major PvP problems in the game

1. Is that I also get stuck in one spot due to the amount of lower evo players that are in the same area, Currently I am ranked 77 with 9,560 points
and at the top of my current screen is a player ranked at 71 with 11,377 points. That is a point difference of 1,817 which translates to 187.5 fights to gain the 6 point rankings to equal this player. That means that I have to attack the same people over and over and over again just to advance 6 levels which in all honesty is really to much for a game to ask of its players. There is just not enough hours in the day to advance. My evo has been more of a curse then the blessing I had hope for in this game concerning PvP. Not to mention all the repeatedly attacked players who take the attacks personally instead of seeing as part of the game.

2. Cheaters, Since I have evo'ed up to 348 I have become a magnet for cheaters. I know that Kobojo does not like to acknowledge the fact that cheaters are running rampant in the game and have been for some time now but that is like the people of Pompeii claiming that Mt. Vesuvius didn't exist and it needs to be address by the company openly with the players and dealt with accordingly and in a expedited manner. The game is loosing large evo players like Jeff Thompson largely in part because of this very large problem. I am also seriously considering leaving the game due to the obliviousness and blatant way that cheaters don't even try to hide their actions and in fact are openly bragging about their actions. I am constantly being beaten in PvP by people with evo's of 30 or less and doing it with mutants without stars. We were promised the cheater fix would soon be done many many months ago and to just be patient, We have been and now it is time for Kobojo to hold up their end of the bargain.

With Respect & Sincerity, Ronnie Blackburn

adamj
12-03-2015, 12:47 AM
I'm Evo 43, fame 153. I play mostly on my mobile device, sometimes on facebook.

Main issues I've had this season are balanced fights. I'm getting matched up with players who have Evo totals of 160-388(highest I've had yet), my Evo total is 129. I cannot win any of these fights, even with my best tag. The opponents are all Platinum teams and I don't stand a chance. My best fight was against an opponent who's Evo sum was 141. I won by the skin of my teeth and received only 10 points. When they revenged me, they got 20 points. I really don't understand how that works.

With that in mind, all the times I've defended, have been against people with much lower Evo totals. Evo's totalling in the 90's - mid to high 120's. Each loss I have to them, is 20 points. If my defense wins, I get 10 points.

If I beat someone who is my Evo level, and they have all Platinum mutants, I win 10 - but they revenge me and get 20 points.

I feel that the match ups this season are really bad; I've stopped attacking people, because as I browse through my opponents, they're all unbeatable based on their Evo levels. The only time I actually attack, is to revenge a loss, because their Evo's are actually within a range I can fight.

I think the score system overall, ever since I've played this game, is flawed. And as Master Blaster noted, the cheaters run rampant and are easy to spot. I've seen screenshots posted of users with huge Evo Sums of 600+ losing to users with Evo Sums around my range, 120 or so, using no tag, and beating them. That is logically impossible without cheating.

There has to be a better way to score/match-up that would actually be fair and encourage people to level up mutants and raise their Evo. I don't expect to win against someone with Evo Sum of 200, when mine is 129, so I shouldn't be matched up against them all the time and have no chance to move up in ranks. On the same token, I should be able to beat someone with a slightly higher evo sum with a good tag and win some decent points, more than 10 points at least.

It's not fair at all to beat players who are 3-4 Evo levels higher than you, win 10 points, then watch them come back and revenge you for 20. It basically puts you on a downward slide to never advancing past a certain point ranking.

Grim Jack
12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
Dude something s really wrong here... I mean this never happened before... Not even on the day 1 of this tournament... Even after winning and earning a lot of points, my percentage seems to be stuck at a particular one.. troubled..
Fame... 62, evo.. 30

mrinmoy,

Are you saying you are in the "top X%" and after winning some number of points, you're still at that same %?

My name in the game is my real name : Ronnie Blackburn Fame 1827 Evo 348

I am having 2 major PvP problems in the game

1. Is that I also get stuck in one spot due to the amount of lower evo players that are in the same area, Currently I am ranked 77 with 9,560 points
and at the top of my current screen is a player ranked at 71 with 11,377 points. That is a point difference of 1,817 which translates to 187.5 fights to gain the 6 point rankings to equal this player. That means that I have to attack the same people over and over and over again just to advance 6 levels which in all honesty is really to much for a game to ask of its players. There is just not enough hours in the day to advance. My evo has been more of a curse then the blessing I had hope for in this game concerning PvP. Not to mention all the repeatedly attacked players who take the attacks personally instead of seeing as part of the game.

2. Cheaters, Since I have evo'ed up to 348 I have become a magnet for cheaters. I know that Kobojo does not like to acknowledge the fact that cheaters are running rampant in the game and have been for some time now but that is like the people of Pompeii claiming that Mt. Vesuvius didn't exist and it needs to be address by the company openly with the players and dealt with accordingly and in a expedited manner. The game is loosing large evo players like Jeff Thompson largely in part because of this very large problem. I am also seriously considering leaving the game due to the obliviousness and blatant way that cheaters don't even try to hide their actions and in fact are openly bragging about their actions. I am constantly being beaten in PvP by people with evo's of 30 or less and doing it with mutants without stars. We were promised the cheater fix would soon be done many many months ago and to just be patient, We have been and now it is time for Kobojo to hold up their end of the bargain.

With Respect & Sincerity, Ronnie Blackburn

MB,

Do either of these instances differ from any other PVP season? This seems like a regular day at the office for you, not something new.

Grim Jack
12-03-2015, 02:31 AM
Feedbacks on the PVP Season 66

Psy Captains, we would like to gather feedbacks regarding your experience in the new PVP season (66).

If you are facing issues:

that were not here before but appeared this season,

please detail them below.

While all your input, ideas, complaints etc, are all valid points, that's not helping to gauge the effect of the changes that have been made to PVP as of this season.

Thank you,

GJ-

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-03-2015, 03:59 AM
What I am guessing based on the feedback given, and my own experience is that the matchmaking mechanic is or was being tweaked to match players with relative PvP rating... at least below top 100 as I am not there yet.. However, my pool of opponents are significantly higher in evo and carry a good degree of Platinum mutants. My point gains are much more desirable at 150+ per fight which didnt happen before since the Britany inspired Tag Nerf. This indicates, at least to me, that the matching is more favorable to people who are in your point brackets that have much closer, if not greater PvP rating... this is merely conjecture since I am not allowed to know the workings of the team.. just stating my observations. I guess what the *Issues* that will commonly be seen is being matched with higher evo players the further you progress into the season. However, I feel that since it was left open via wording, the issues that will likely be taken more seriously or addressed or simply sought after are more technical like Opponent locking or overstacked values when trying to skip opponents for credits. Possible tag crashing, buff locking, sporadic value changes in orb applications or lack thereof.. More buggy stuff.... I will just say, that many people will be too frustrated by the heavy power stacks against them to notice the little technical issues... I for one, am having way too much fun with the plethora of big toys I now have in PvP.

Master Blaster
12-03-2015, 04:33 AM
MB,

Do either of these instances differ from any other PVP season? This seems like a regular day at the office for you, not something new.

Hmmm, Well thanks for setting me straight Mr. Moderator Grim. I will stay out of the forums since I don't seem to belong here!

James Kevin Florida
12-03-2015, 05:49 AM
still having this issue, haixt. it's very hard. I can't even attack because of the speed gap, levels are too much to handle. please fix this : (

Grim Jack
12-03-2015, 06:21 AM
With all but one of about 20 fights so far (excluding revenges) my matches have been against players with the exact same number of points. The one matched me against a Sum EVO team 2 x mine and with 200 more points. This was while ranked around 7500.

EDIT: through 50 fights, (rank 5000, top 3%) still getting paired against exact point total. EVO seems to be a non-factor in match-ups.

Also, just had a friend attack me and FB shows the phone icon which should mean my tag didn't trigger. My friend confirmed a Buck tagged in.

Hans
12-03-2015, 06:32 AM
Hugo;48350']Psy Captains, today we would like to gather feedbacks regarding your experience in the new PVP season (66).

- Q : What is your Fame/Evo level?
A : So I will give more details here in order
my evo, fame, pvp points vs this guy :
EVO = 90 vs 102
Fame = 108 vs 113
PVP points = 1468 vs 1538
I only have 1 platinum Garlog in my collection this guy defend with 3 platinums and he might have more than 3 platinums in his collection..
Basically this guy has EVERYTHING higher than me..
Luckily my friend's tag strong enough to help me win the defence so I won 10 points, I attack him to I got 10 points, but there is another case the other guy under almost similar condition beat me and got 20 points, I tried to attack him and I'm putting more effort(than similar evo or the other guy that have evo not that far from me) to think the strategy to beat him and won only 10 points..

- Q : How often does this issue happen this season?
A : It's happen everytime since the beginning of this season

- Q : Would you say that this issue evolved as you did more matches this season? (for example "[I]the issue was occuring a lot during my 10 first matches this season, then occured less and less often
A : NO, it's keep happening until now

http://i63.tinypic.com/2mzjdvk.png
http://i68.tinypic.com/2efrn1s.png

I can give you more example for this case if you request it.

Before this season I would occasionally matched with maximum 2 evo higher than me and if I win that match it gaves me 20 or so points because they are difficult to beat.. If I want to face player higher than 2 evo gap to get the chance to get higher points, I need to shuffle it with credits, BUT this season it is abnormal as it always come up with higher gap and if you win, only 10 points you got, but if you lose, you lose 20 points no matter how far your evo gap..

John MacDonald
12-03-2015, 01:10 PM
So... I just paid 3 times to switch opponents. I'm at 1053 points and Evo 31. I was pitted against Evo 55, 50 and 50 with my 3 switches.

Mathematically, it makes sense that I'm pitted against guys who are almost 70% higher than my level and have all platinum mutants.

So. Howard. Any advice on what mutants I should use against people who have 70% higher evo levels and all platinum defense teams that only give me 10 points on the rare occasion I can win? What tactics would you use in this case.

Klofak
12-03-2015, 02:06 PM
Just since this morning - I'm getting matched with much higher evo players
I'm Evo 49 and Fame 175
the last 4 fights I got were with players with sum of evo of 200+
I lost 2 and won 2
the 2 wins got me a combined +300 points, while the loses 2x-5.
so I don't really mind :-)

on the defense - it seems to be tweaked in the opposite direction - I'm matched with lower evo players - and tend to win some 80% of them.
good with me

Azius
12-03-2015, 02:19 PM
Since yesterday , I have faced no one with a total evo level under 150. My evo is 33 and my fame is 95. I simply cannot win, unless I revenge attack people. The issue has become, if anything, worse. In the begining of the season, I got maximum evo total of 120. Now the maximum I have fought is 260. It makes it very difficult to win.

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-03-2015, 02:32 PM
So... I just paid 3 times to switch opponents. I'm at 1053 points and Evo 31. I was pitted against Evo 55, 50 and 50 with my 3 switches.

Mathematically, it makes sense that I'm pitted against guys who are almost 70% higher than my level and have all platinum mutants.

So. Howard. Any advice on what mutants I should use against people who have 70% higher evo levels and all platinum defense teams that only give me 10 points on the rare occasion I can win? What tactics would you use in this case.

Mathematically it is possible to beat them, mathematically, it is possible to beat people at more than 2x your evolution center. In practice, it is not the easiest of things to do, but the possibility is definitely there. Winning 10 points off people with much higher evo than you with full platinum teams? Welcome to my world!! Except, not every opponent gives *JUST* 10 points.... the point gains vary from collection to collection. Some people will net you 10 points, some will net you 100, and still some will net you far more.. We dont know the exact calculations for Point gain/loss ratios during the matchmaking, but we do know that the bigger the are, the harder they fall! And when they fall, they bring tons of points!! Points seem to be the general focus right after the apparent power gaps between opponents, so here is a little thing you can do. WIN, and dont just win and go *Yay!* Understand how you won so that you can win your next match against a similar power gap. Chase the bigger fights, chase the impossible, and win. When you do, log it down with a screen shot as proof that they ONLY gave you 10 points. Every 5 matches, screen shot your fight history so people will see that each PvP session you had was consecutive fights where you struggled. Screen shot the team preview to show what your opponents are like before the fight, and after the fight.... Log it all down so that we know the difficulties you are facing. At my evo, which is 46, taking on people at 225 - 276 sum isnt the easiest PvP experience to deal with... but.. winning is worth it at least! 10 points? I still see those from people at evo 50 -62 with full platinum teams.. not complaining though, because I know they are just minnows in comparison....

Vince Marky Flinn
12-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Kobojo , this has been too much
My fame is 118 and evo 34

I keep challenging enemies worth 130+ sums of all level, 160+ being the highest.

It already happened for more than 10 games, I still make a way to win but nothing seems to be winning.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]

Anderson Sales
12-03-2015, 03:20 PM
36 22
every time since season 65. I thought it was because of the mutant reward that was new(at least for me) but it happened again this season
its the same everytime.

Somnath Mohapatra
12-03-2015, 03:34 PM
Hi kobojo thanx for this feedback pvp post.i am having some problem in the current pvp and also the previous one.currently i am at evo 56,each time i go for a fight i face a lower evo opponet having evo sum (138-150).if i win i gain 10 points bt when they took revenge it caused me loss of 20points.so even how hard i play,it is always difficult to reach grandmasters.plz solve this issue...:)

Aman Chauhan
12-03-2015, 05:09 PM
My fame is 150 and evo 44. The answers are as follows:
This season its happening since start. And it was usually same all along my 51 attacks that I have done so far. I don't know why is this happening, but its disturbing and feels like the game is preventing me from getting up. Last time I won Grand masters with just 1800+ points. Now I have 2300+ an ad still not in grandmaster.

Hans
12-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Mathematically it is possible to beat them, mathematically, it is possible to beat people at more than 2x your evolution center. In practice, it is not the easiest of things to do, but the possibility is definitely there. Winning 10 points off people with much higher evo than you with full platinum teams? Welcome to my world!! Except, not every opponent gives *JUST* 10 points.... the point gains vary from collection to collection. Some people will net you 10 points, some will net you 100, and still some will net you far more.. We dont know the exact calculations for Point gain/loss ratios during the matchmaking, but we do know that the bigger the are, the harder they fall! And when they fall, they bring tons of points!! Points seem to be the general focus right after the apparent power gaps between opponents, so here is a little thing you can do. WIN, and dont just win and go *Yay!* Understand how you won so that you can win your next match against a similar power gap. Chase the bigger fights, chase the impossible, and win. When you do, log it down with a screen shot as proof that they ONLY gave you 10 points. Every 5 matches, screen shot your fight history so people will see that each PvP session you had was consecutive fights where you struggled. Screen shot the team preview to show what your opponents are like before the fight, and after the fight.... Log it all down so that we know the difficulties you are facing. At my evo, which is 46, taking on people at 225 - 276 sum isnt the easiest PvP experience to deal with... but.. winning is worth it at least! 10 points? I still see those from people at evo 50 -62 with full platinum teams.. not complaining though, because I know they are just minnows in comparison....

"Winning 10 points off people with much higher evo than you with full platinum teams? Welcome to my world!!" Why do you even think this is normal? Don't make this issue unsolvable for other that suffer the issue because it's not normal.. If you really have the same issue THIS SEASON then post it here with screenshot just like you said, don't try to make it normal.. Where is the logic behind the fight that you should put your maximum effort only to get paid 10 points EVERYTIME, and that strong guy beat you effortless because he has far greater evo to win 20 FKIN POINTS EVERYTIME? I won't mind getting higher evo guy as long as I win big points from them if I win that match BUT NOT the reverse condition! Why should they win 20 f-points EVERYTIME? It's become a fix condition for me where everytime I lose 20 points no matter the other guy evo is and I win a FIX 10 points ONLY EVERYTIME.. AND IT'S HAPPEN ONLY THIS SEASON.. not I FEEL LAST SEASON, 2 PREVIOUS SEASON, FEEL THIS FEEL THAT, it's a proven fact with screenshots and only start to happen THIS SEASON! Previous season (65) is normal where you face higher evo you win better points (18-30) than you face lower evo and lose only 5-8 points

GAleto
12-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Is not a problem, just feadback, positive one:

My attackers are lower EVO than before and when I ask for a combat their EVO is much higher. However I defeated all the enemies suggested by the system. The last one was 10 EVO levels above me, and I defeated the enemy (gaining 223 points).
So far is good for me, even when I get scared every time I ask for a combat.
In my case: I lose less points in my defences and I gain more points in my attacks.
It looks like this is a general situation because the average points for all users is higher.

- Fame 154 EVO 39
- Happends all the time
- Didn't evolve.

P.S. sorry for my english, isn't my first language

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-04-2015, 05:46 AM
"Winning 10 points off people with much higher evo than you with full platinum teams? Welcome to my world!!" Why do you even think this is normal? Don't make this issue unsolvable for other that suffer the issue because it's not normal.. If you really have the same issue THIS SEASON then post it here with screenshot just like you said, don't try to make it normal.. Where is the logic behind the fight that you should put your maximum effort only to get paid 10 points EVERYTIME, and that strong guy beat you effortless because he has far greater evo to win 20 FKIN POINTS EVERYTIME? I won't mind getting higher evo guy as long as I win big points from them if I win that match BUT NOT the reverse condition! Why should they win 20 f-points EVERYTIME? It's become a fix condition for me where everytime I lose 20 points no matter the other guy evo is and I win a FIX 10 points ONLY EVERYTIME.. AND IT'S HAPPEN ONLY THIS SEASON.. not I FEEL LAST SEASON, 2 PREVIOUS SEASON, FEEL THIS FEEL THAT, it's a proven fact with screenshots and only start to happen THIS SEASON! Previous season (65) is normal where you face higher evo you win better points (18-30) than you face lower evo and lose only 5-8 points

Yes, it is normal. Even in this season. what started this season, was the heavy bias for better opponents. Do you get impossible opponents every single fight? have you tried shuffling? Still hard Opponents? Fight them, whether you win or lose doesnt matter.. Screen Shot their team Preview and the fight history after you win/lose.. do it every fight.. And make sure that the Star rating, Gene graph, Evo sum and PvP rank is visible. If this supposedly happens, every single fight... then you might have a problem.. However, dont pick the same opponent every single fight... because in all honesty, EVERY collection is different, so the points you get off different EVOs will still be DIFFERENT... 10 every fight against higher evos? how much higher do you aim? What mutants do you have in your collection?. And Yes, my world, Come on in!! Because Facing HIGHER evos with FULL platinum teams that give so little points.... is NORMAL.... I have a better collection.. Dont you?

mrinmoy
12-04-2015, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=Grim Jack;48417]mrinmoy,

Are you saying you are in the "top X%" and after winning some number of points, you're still at that same %?

Yes, absolutely. Also, when i m not playing for a day or two my % is droppin on its own, which never happened in the previous tournaments. Although this i ve an explanation for, i think more number of players are participating in this tournament because of soul eater as the exclusive mutant reward. And the other problems obviously there, facing players with a higher evo sum than me... Never happened before, not even on the first day of this tournament.

Grim Jack
12-04-2015, 08:01 AM
100th fight, 82nd attack, currently @ 1931 points, still getting paired with players who have the same points as me. With the exception of the one fight I mentioned earlier, not one fight has been against a Sum EVO higher than 156 (52 Evo presumably). My EVO is 190. Not getting the chance to earn more than 10 points at a time stinks (stronger language would be used if I wasn't a mod!) No one bothers to revenge against me, so no extra points from def wins there either.

I've never NOT been in Grand Master on my 50th attack. I've never NOT been in top 1% by my 20th fight. Whatever change has made this happen gets a thumbs down from me.

Anything stand out in this pic?4075

Roughly 2600 points are needed for Grand Master at the moment. I need 700 more points to get there. At this rate that's 70 fights. That is 70 fights + 1 for every 10 points more needed as time goes by. So I need to play for an extra hour a day to try and make up the difference.

I could make 150 gold in that hour by leveling up my fame 3 times.......which would you do?

John MacDonald
12-04-2015, 09:10 AM
Yes, it is normal. Even in this season. what started this season, was the heavy bias for better opponents. Do you get impossible opponents every single fight? have you tried shuffling? Still hard Opponents? Fight them, whether you win or lose doesnt matter.. Screen Shot their team Preview and the fight history after you win/lose.. do it every fight.. And make sure that the Star rating, Gene graph, Evo sum and PvP rank is visible. If this supposedly happens, every single fight... then you might have a problem.. However, dont pick the same opponent every single fight... because in all honesty, EVERY collection is different, so the points you get off different EVOs will still be DIFFERENT... 10 every fight against higher evos? how much higher do you aim? What mutants do you have in your collection?. And Yes, my world, Come on in!! Because Facing HIGHER evos with FULL platinum teams that give so little points.... is NORMAL.... I have a better collection.. Dont you?

You make some good points. I need to get better mutants to win these fights.

Tell me: What mutants would you suggest I need to take on somebody with 50%+ higher levels? I've got platinum Tengu, platinum, Lily, platinum Glubber, platinum Zombat, platinum Sorceress, platinum Dragon Mother, platinum Demon and platinum Wind Spirit. I also have Golds in nearly every mutant imaginable.

I just faced a team with a gold X-27 that had health higher than my platinum Tengu. He nearly one-shotted my platinum Tengu. I had 191 health left after his first attack and he had a platinum Behemoth tag that absolutely could one-shot any of my mutants.

What tactics would you advise when facing teams whose weakest mutants can nearly one-shot your mid-speed mutants? I would love to get your -specific tactics-. Or maybe you think I need better mutants than I have. Please. Feel free to tell me which -specific mutants- you feel I'm missing.

Also include the brilliant tactics that would have won this fight against a person whose gold X-27 had more health than my platinum Tengu.

Hans
12-04-2015, 09:20 AM

Yeah you could easily say that as I assume you are not having issue so you are using subjective view from your non-issue experience to analyze this condition, I rarely finding opponent, my fights mostly from the revenge, obviously they are hard to beat at my EVO 30 vs 39, and finally you get to point out the issue by saying "so the points you get off different EVOs will still be DIFFERENT" now see this :
http://i63.tinypic.com/dnhg9l.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/k0hxyb.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/1q1wgg.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/15nx8wh.png
are you still assuming they are all the same guy? same evo? let me tell you their sum evo ranging from 93-111, probably more, higher pvp points, how about playing some guessing game, can you see that Jhonny guy? he won 20 points you see it right? his sum evo 111, points 278 more than mine, I revenge and won that match but can you guess how many points I got? Hints : see the point pattern I gave you.. I will give you the answer screenshot later, but I know you already know the answer.
How much point do I aiming for? I won't complaint as long as they gave me point that I know I have a chance to hike, let say as low as 0.5 for winning higher evo, BUT that guy should only won only 0.1-0.25 depends on their evos, that condition I know I have the chance to climb up not drag down condition EVERYTIME, but ofc kbj cant do that (giving me as low as 0.5 point) as it will be another case of unfairness. at least you get what I mean, I don't ask 10000 points, what I want is turn back my condition to previous season where stronger higher evo guy get less point everytime they beat me.. and I won better points if I'm lucky enough to beat them.. NOT A FIX POINT! 20 FOR LOSING, 10 FOR WINNING.. Ask yourself what you feel if you are losing 20 points everytime even that guy is Ronnie Mocker or Grim Jack, when suddenly miracle happen that gave you critical 1000x everytime you hit (alongside your dog suddenly can talk, your cat suddenly can fly), you actually won that match.. you feel so blessed that you won that fight you do a charity by giving 5000 usd donation, but then you open the history to find out you got 10 f-kin points?
You insist its normal? Can you show me the proof you actually have the same condition? Do you even get a FIX point like mine that only happen start to happen IN THIS SEASON? or you occasionally get a higher point to beat higher evos? Then obviously your world is not my world..

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-04-2015, 12:57 PM
You make some good points. I need to get better mutants to win these fights.

Tell me: What mutants would you suggest I need to take on somebody with 50%+ higher levels? I've got platinum Tengu, platinum, Lily, platinum Glubber, platinum Zombat, platinum Sorceress, platinum Dragon Mother, platinum Demon and platinum Wind Spirit. I also have Golds in nearly every mutant imaginable.

I just faced a team with a gold X-27 that had health higher than my platinum Tengu. He nearly one-shotted my platinum Tengu. I had 191 health left after his first attack and he had a platinum Behemoth tag that absolutely could one-shot any of my mutants.

What tactics would you advise when facing teams whose weakest mutants can nearly one-shot your mid-speed mutants? I would love to get your -specific tactics-. Or maybe you think I need better mutants than I have. Please. Feel free to tell me which -specific mutants- you feel I'm missing.

Also include the brilliant tactics that would have won this fight against a person whose gold X-27 had more health than my platinum Tengu.

First thing: I didn't say get better mutants... You already have among the best mutants available. The only thing perk to having a bigger collection is that you have a variety of answers to anything you see in PvP.

Second thing: Teams are subjective so my ONLY advice to you when facing your opponents is to learn to read the Gene Graph in team preview. Learn to predict what types of mutants will MOST likely be there based on the layout shown to you, then the off chance teams that seem the MOST unlikely to show and prepare for both. That way, you aren't stuck in a situation where you bring your Tengu to counter his Autonorush when he decides to place Bazzinger in defense.

Third thing: Beating someone with Far greater evo than your own takes more than BRILLIANT strategic play... it also requires LUCK as critical hits are the only way you can make the damage needed in time to beat teams that much higher. I did say it wasn't the easiest thing to do. But Luck isn't the deciding factor for victory against Higher Evo players, and 9/10 times you won't have the luck.... What does make your chances better is their team make up... Which is why it is important to be able to read the Gene Preview.... KNow the Common threats and why they are threats.. What makes Mutant "X" so strong? Their Ability? Their Gene typing? Their Speed Tier? Their +X% boost in stats? What sets them back? Who do they struggle fighting? Most importantly, What teamates do they do best with? Come to the conclusions on your own. PvP is Cut-throat.. don't expect people to just tell you how to win..

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Yeah you could easily say that as I assume you are not having issue so you are using subjective view from your non-issue experience to analyze this condition, I rarely finding opponent, my fights mostly from the revenge, obviously they are hard to beat at my EVO 30 vs 39, and finally you get to point out the issue by saying "so the points you get off different EVOs will still be DIFFERENT" now see this :
http://i63.tinypic.com/dnhg9l.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/k0hxyb.png
http://i66.tinypic.com/1q1wgg.png
http://i65.tinypic.com/15nx8wh.png
are you still assuming they are all the same guy? same evo? let me tell you their sum evo ranging from 93-111, probably more, higher pvp points, how about playing some guessing game, can you see that Jhonny guy? he won 20 points you see it right? his sum evo 111, points 278 more than mine, I revenge and won that match but can you guess how many points I got? Hints : see the point pattern I gave you.. I will give you the answer screenshot later, but I know you already know the answer.
How much point do I aiming for? I won't complaint as long as they gave me point that I know I have a chance to hike, let say as low as 0.5 for winning higher evo, BUT that guy should only won only 0.1-0.25 depends on their evos, that condition I know I have the chance to climb up not drag down condition EVERYTIME, but ofc kbj cant do that (giving me as low as 0.5 point) as it will be another case of unfairness. at least you get what I mean, I don't ask 10000 points, what I want is turn back my condition to previous season where stronger higher evo guy get less point everytime they beat me.. and I won better points if I'm lucky enough to beat them.. NOT A FIX POINT! 20 FOR LOSING, 10 FOR WINNING.. Ask yourself what you feel if you are losing 20 points everytime even that guy is Ronnie Mocker or Grim Jack, when suddenly miracle happen that gave you critical 1000x everytime you hit (alongside your dog suddenly can talk, your cat suddenly can fly), you actually won that match.. you feel so blessed that you won that fight you do a charity by giving 5000 usd donation, but then you open the history to find out you got 10 f-kin points?
You insist its normal? Can you show me the proof you actually have the same condition? Do you even get a FIX point like mine that only happen start to happen IN THIS SEASON? or you occasionally get a higher point to beat higher evos? Then obviously your world is not my world..

That is hardly alarming.. the evo difference is barely Noticeable... You stated before that you have a platinum Garlogg... you can assume that his team is his best mutants so you can't know whether he has a platinum or not. All the people you are fighting are Relative to your evo. When the difference becomes greater than 10 evo (30+sum) then you have a reason to worry.. That is when the powergap becomes apparent. I said before... NORMAL.. I fight people at 15 more evo and still win 10 points.. Most of my wins net me 100+ points because I reach much higher than 10 evo.. against a gap like the ones you mention.. I usually get only 10 points... USUALLY.. I said before.. sometimes I get people with a better collection than mine with the possibility of have 3 better mutants than the best I have.

Hans
12-04-2015, 02:33 PM
That is hardly alarming.. the evo difference is barely Noticeable... You stated before that you have a platinum Garlogg... you can assume that his team is his best mutants so you can't know whether he has a platinum or not. All the people you are fighting are Relative to your evo. When the difference becomes greater than 10 evo (30+sum) then you have a reason to worry.. That is when the powergap becomes apparent. I said before... NORMAL.. I fight people at 15 more evo and still win 10 points.. Most of my wins net me 100+ points because I reach much higher than 10 evo.. against a gap like the ones you mention.. I usually get only 10 points... USUALLY.. I said before.. sometimes I get people with a better collection than mine with the possibility of have 3 better mutants than the best I have.

Ok now explain to me why this season is differ from previous season which been highlighted in this thread? OBVIOUSLY it's not normal otherwise this thread won't exist! Hugo obviously know something wrong with this season MMR and before I even found out this thread I know there is something wrong this season and try to find if there is issue and actually found out that there is thread about this season issue. I know you're the great guy that never complaint because you have this all brilliant idea to beat high evo guy, the know-how everything guy.. I will make it clear last season is obviously has no issue as the maximum gap for me is 2 evos, ofc it probably will differ as your evo goes higher (100 might get to face 92-95 but again I don't know for sure, I am not as smart as you that always make assumption without proof guy), In season 65 or before that, even if I won the fight against the guy that differ only 2 evos higher than me I will get better point than I'm losing, do you even get it until this point? STRONG GUY THAT WANT TO BULLY LOWER EVO SHOULD NEVER WON POINTS HIGHER THAN HIS OPPONENT! Is there any other logic to challenge that statement? You seems know everything so why don't you try to answer it? What is the reason the weak should ALWAYS, again ALWAYS LOSE 20 POINTS, and won only 10 points??? If that supposed to be normal the QUESTION IS why not I get the same situation to match against EVO 25-27 AND WIN 20 POINTS OVER THEM, then they tried to revenge me putting great effort and actually won only 10 points? yeah, please apply to me that logic too so lower evo will have no chance to climb the ladder let them rot in lower MMR.. It's a great idea tho so new player will quit in two weeks after installing..
You are also making assumption about buranka as the super exclusive mutant that rated superior-high-class mutants so it's normal for me to lose higher point against higher evo with 3 platinum-non-buranka legendary mutants just because I have buranka as you stated in other thread.. How about you see that jhonny mutant?
http://i67.tinypic.com/2a4zi93.jpg
that is 2 burankas + mr marvelous, but I already know your answer, because my buranka is super special that breed from mighty parents or from some super special mutants, so it's normal if I lose 20 points even though he has evos far higher than me (or not according to the mighty Kenneth.., sorry I forgot your logic says that I should fight against 50 evos to get 20 points isn't it? so in order to win 20 points it should be 30 vs 50 because I have super special buranka, super special crawlorax, superspecial rare-gene px27 so its normal for me to lose 20 points and 10 points if I won against opponent that have 2 lower-grade-stupid-gene burankas and mr marvelous (that in your logic his marvelous is probably inferior, stupid or lower grade than garlog that I have or whatever)), so I should never assume he has platinum even though he has reached 39 evos, and only me that have the SuperRareGene-Garlog, even though let say he has garlog in his collection, his garlog must be more inferior than mine isn't it?, so it's normal for me to lose 20 points? and according to your logic I need to delete my garlog to receive more than 10 points, I should delete my best mutant leaving zodiac mutant only and go fight that 50 evos guy that have platinum to get point higher than 10? why not you suggest to kbj to change their game into Clash Of Genetic Gladiator or Genetic Gladiator Defense or some other adventure game instead of collecting mutants game because if you have good mutants you will get into the "curse list"

John MacDonald
12-04-2015, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Kenneth Pocaigue;48491
don't expect people to just tell you how to win..[/QUOTE]

I didn't expect you to tell me how to win. Because you can't win when someone's total evo levels are 50+% difference to your own.

You can claim it's a non-issue - You have the right to be wrong - But tactical play is essentially meaningless against 50-60% differences.

If they have a good coverage of genes, they win. If they have a bad coverage of genes, they -probably- win.

Why?

Because assuming they field the second-worst combination there is(dual adjacent genes with you doing strong damage in every case and them doing weak damage in every case), then here's how the math works out:

You have a static 1 in health and a 1.25 multiplier in damage.

They have a 1.5 health and a 1.125 in damage. They do slightly worse damage than you but take a WHOLE LOT MORE to go down.

So no. Your advice is just simply wrong. You're arguing with a lot of people's experiences on here, but barring me paying to replace my opponents again and again until I find nothing but all monogene damage(Which is near non-existent), I can't win.

No orbs will change that. No tactical play. No decisions.

Iron Chow
12-04-2015, 03:31 PM
I usually dont mind fighting evos higher than me but what really pisses me off is my opponent is 300 and im just 237 and when i beat him i only got 10 points.... Come one i spent my credits looking for higher evos that i have a chance of beating for higher points but getting just 10 points is disappointing

Grim Jack
12-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Yes, absolutely. Also, when i m not playing for a day or two my % is droppin on its own, which never happened in the previous tournaments. Although this i ve an explanation for, i think more number of players are participating in this tournament because of soul eater as the exclusive mutant reward. And the other problems obviously there, facing players with a higher evo sum than me... Never happened before, not even on the first day of this tournament.

What I see happening to me is that when I'm done playing for a while, if the others near my rank keep playing, and players who had been lower ranked keep playing, I slip backward only because I'm not keeping up. This is nothing new but perhaps it is more pronounced during this season.

Grim Jack
12-04-2015, 04:04 PM
I'm starting this thread to try and pull discussion away from the sticky thread which is supposed to be for feedback, not rants.

Rant here. :D

I'll start:

This right here should NEVER EVER EVER EVER happen:4076

Grim Jack
12-04-2015, 04:17 PM
Please......Feedback concerning what you've experienced in this season's PVP that differs from previous seasons is what we'd like to see in this thread.

Further discussion spurred from posts here may be continued Here: Discussion-from-PVP-Season-66 (http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?8842-Discussion-from-PVP-Season-66).

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance with feedback concerning PVP Season 66.

[K] Hugo
12-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Hello Psy Captains, I would like to thank you for your feedbacks about this Season of the PvP.

You brought to us a lot of information that the team will make use of to optimize the PvP! Feel free to add more if you want but remember: you should only post in this thread if you have feedbacks about this season (66) :darwinsmile:

Thank you for your collaboration!

adamj
12-05-2015, 05:23 AM
Where did it go?

I wanted to post updates.

So basically, the same complete confusion.

I consistently get matched up with people who are 10+ Evo levels higher, or about 10-20 Evo levels lower. I've been matched up a half dozen times in my 160+ fights with people my same Evo. I'm Evo 43.

3 Times I was able to barely beat a couple players EVO 50 and EVO 53, first couple times I won a whopping 140-144 points. Wow!

Then I fought someone with Evo sum 154 to my sum of 129..won by the skin of my teeth and won...10 points? I lost to someone with Evo sum 144 to my 129 and lost 20 points?

I beat someone Evo sum 152 and got...10 points?

Not only is my match ups completely crazy, but my point wins make zero sense.

I spent 5 million credits skipping opponents to find someone 10 evo levels higher than me, to barely win, and get 10 points.

This is the most convoluted PvP. I don't know what crazy system you have, but it doesn't make any sense with everything I've read. Especially when we have no idea what your game considers are top mutants.

How does it make sense for me to fight someone 10 Evo levels over me, they have a full Platinum team..i win...barely...and get ...wow, 10 points. That is not a reward..and it is absolutley crazy to have to spent 5 million credits just to find an opponent within my range.

There has to be a better way to do this matchup. What kills me is when I'm searching, I found an opponent with an Evo sum of 20!!!! who had as many points as me. Are you serious? 20???? How can someone with an evo sum of 20 possibly be in the same range as someone with an evo sum of 129? That is insane!

I'm no programmer, so I can't say I have suggestions. As a player, I can tell you I'm insanely frustrated when I play your PvP. I cannot progress past the top 3%. It wouldn't be so bad if I was getting matched against people my Evo level. I see people in my point range with Evo sums of 333 to my 129. There is no way I could beat them, there is no point in attacking them. I can barely beat someone at Evo 50-52 while I sit at Evo 43.

I don't see the logic behind the point system. It seems so flawed. No one with an Evo sum of 20 should be in my point range..but they are. That makes absolutely no sense. In a real battle, could you see a white belt in martial arts competing in the same point levels as black belts? Hell no you wouldn't.

Maybe you guys need to change PvP up into leagues based on Evo Levels and not this convoluted system you have going on.

Every season is just insanity with points. This season has been no different in points given or lost, but my opponents are nuts. I cannot sit here and next 10-15 opponents, spending millions of credits, just to find someone that would be a reasonable challenge.

I can take losing to someone in my range, within maybe 5-10 Evo levels..10 max. That is a tough challenge for me. But 20-30 Evo levels? why even bother - there is no way I can win.

I really hope you guys find a way to make PvP a better tournament, because it has never been worthwhile since I've started playing. The fact that you guys give us so little information on our "best" mutants, doesn't help. What do you consider our "best" 3 mutants? No one knows but you.

We now have a new section dedicated to the Global Tournament; all the threads have been moved here :). - Howard

adamj
12-05-2015, 05:34 AM
Thank you Howard, for moving the thread since I couldn't find it.

Another update.

I just lost 20 points to someone who was 10 Evo levels over me, full Platinum team. I revenged, won, got 10 points.
I then looked for opponents and spend another 2 million credits nexting over people who were evo sum 170-350 to my Evo sum 129. Then started getting opponents with Evo sum of 15-90..?

Found one guy who was around 132, full platinum team again...win..get 10 points. Shortly later they revenge, win, and stole 20 from me...w.t..f.

Armando Rossi
12-05-2015, 02:21 PM
I don't know what's the problem with you kobojo, but i think you should think 10 times before you update the game:

- higher evo players give 10 points (never happened so far)
- since now the score needed for grand master was 1700-1800 now is 3000+ with 9 days left before the end of pvp
- i used to fight people around my rank or higher now i only face 30 40 evos lower guys than me (mostly hackers that revenge making me lose 20 points each damn time)
- it is full of stupid retarded hackers and this is going on for too much now and it's ridicolous.

Not even going to continue so start by fixing the most ridicolous things then we'll talk about the rest.

KostisGouz
12-05-2015, 04:41 PM
Is Sir Puggington a good mutant? I can't decide between him and RA-DK-Bot

Grim Jack
12-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Is Sir Puggington a good mutant? I can't decide between him and RA-DK-Bot

Since this is in the Global Tournament section, I presume you're asking if he's good in PVP?

If so, I'd say no. He's one of the best tags in my opinion, but if you're going to bring a tank into PVP I'd stick with ones that have Retaliate.

Grim Jack
12-06-2015, 04:38 AM
I finally made some progress...and I 'think' I saw a parallel that may be important to the devs:

So I had been facing players with an equal number of PVP points....150-160 EVOs (not sum EVOs) lower than me...until I got matched against a player with about 200 points more than me and who was twice my EVO (380 or so). I lost and never saw him again. I continued facing very low (comparatively) players gaining only 10 points at a time.

Then yesterday it happened again. Similar situation where instead of being matched against a player with the same number of points, he had about 200 points more than me and his EVO was about 30 higher too. I won, finally scored some good points (600) and was happy! Then the +10's came back.

But only for 2 fights! Again, same scenario, 200 PVP points higher, 100 EVO higher, I won again and jumped right into GM.

I hope this is something the devs find useful.

GJ-

KostisGouz
12-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Since this is in the Global Tournament section, I presume you're asking if he's good in PVP?

If so, I'd say no. He's one of the best tags in my opinion, but if you're going to bring a tank into PVP I'd stick with ones that have Retaliate.

Thanks for your advice fellow Psy Captain! I'll probably go for RA-DK-Bot, I like its skin better as well

Tim Quey
12-06-2015, 02:25 PM
I strongly dislike almost never having "nearly equal" opponents in this season;s PVP. It feels like a waste of time. I wish there was some filter that would only have you play against people +/- 25% of your evo (or aggregated team evo points). If you are playing and there are none of these, then maybe the filter would be over-ridden, but it seems the rule that I get much stronger or weaker players pitted against me. Also, why do I get only 10 points often when I somehow win against a stronger player?

It really seems very messed up to me.

By the way, I am Fame 390 and evo 100. I have always won the top prize in PvP; but am not even close to it this season (YET!).

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-09-2015, 12:44 PM

His profile pic says 68 but his actual evo to reach 209 sum is 70 with 1 mutant a level behind....
You can claim it's a non-issue - You have the right to be wrong - But tactical play is essentially meaningless against 50-60% differences just basing off the evo sum alone, he was effectively 66% stronger than my max evo.. By the way, that was a garden variety team with no *Touching* genes... All his mutants were heavy PvP threats, and 2 of them were lvl 70 whiles my team maxed out at 46... htese types of fights are HARD to win... but not IMPOSSIBLE... I managed against players with evos ranging from 5 - 50 and mentally note how teams progress through PvP I am showing my fight history to prove that I dont settle with lower to equal players because it is not sensible from a gain/loss perspective. I have yet to find a person at 2x my evo with a standard team that is manageable, I have found 3 potentials but had exhausted my good tags in the first attempts... My closest to victory so far fell short due to a crit from the opposing behemoth that did 28,000 neutral damage against my Shellshock with 15,000 health.... Since critical is basically double the damage... that means I would have won if that crit didnt happen... I didnt provide screenshots of Orbs because I dont think it is fair to show off teams that arent my own. SO yeah....

John MacDonald
12-09-2015, 03:28 PM

His profile pic says 68 but his actual evo to reach 209 sum is 70 with 1 mutant a level behind.... just basing off the evo sum alone, he was effectively 66% stronger than my max evo.. By the way, that was a garden variety team with no *Touching* genes... All his mutants were heavy PvP threats, and 2 of them were lvl 70 whiles my team maxed out at 46... htese types of fights are HARD to win... but not IMPOSSIBLE... I managed against players with evos ranging from 5 - 50 and mentally note how teams progress through PvP I am showing my fight history to prove that I dont settle with lower to equal players because it is not sensible from a gain/loss perspective. I have yet to find a person at 2x my evo with a standard team that is manageable, I have found 3 potentials but had exhausted my good tags in the first attempts... My closest to victory so far fell short due to a crit from the opposing behemoth that did 28,000 neutral damage against my Shellshock with 15,000 health.... Since critical is basically double the damage... that means I would have won if that crit didnt happen... I didnt provide screenshots of Orbs because I dont think it is fair to show off teams that arent my own. SO yeah....

Actually, it's about 51% higher, not 66%. 138 is 66% of 209, but 209 is not 66% more.

I also see that he had 2 Warrior genes to your 2 Beast genes that also have Boost.

So you cherry-picked a fight where you had a tag that one-shotted his mutant, let him kill your X27, then used your Boosted Brutal Beast attacks on his remaining mutants?

That is a very specific scenario that is unlikely to come up a lot.

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Actually, it's about 51% higher, not 66%. 138 is 66% of 209, but 209 is not 66% more.

I also see that he had 2 Warrior genes to your 2 Beast genes that also have Boost.

So you cherry-picked a fight where you had a tag that one-shotted his mutant, let him kill your X27, then used your Boosted Brutal Beast attacks on his remaining mutants?

That is a very specific scenario that is unlikely to come up a lot.

Oh did I math that wrong? I am sorry.. That was my mistake.. but did you notice that it still fell into your quoted evo percentage? Did you also notice the fight previous to it that gave even more points? I had intended to use that fight instead but unfortunately the gene spread wasnt something you would see very often, even though the fight was HARDER and I still pulled the win.. ALSO, did you also notice that what you originally asked for was a specific Scenario? In which I didnt have the LUXURY to find myself in so that I can disprove your notion of it being IMPOSSIBLE? The team I fought against was a very general Team, using mutants you would MOST likely see in PvP, EVEN in the same Team.. They were widely used PvP threats, and the team covered what it needed to.

Are you saying Tag usage is NOT apart of strategy? Because if that is so... then you arent talking about PvP, you are talking about Friend Challenge.. and even though I DID use a tag to kill off one mutant, a tag was Used against me as well... What the A.I. decided to use that tag on is ALSO apart of strategy... so please.. If you really think it is impossible to win, dont try.. this isnt the ONLY team that I have beaten well above my evo. I LOSE a lot more than I win, but I GAIN a lot more than I lose because I CHASE the evos that matter..

Born Taurus
12-09-2015, 05:51 PM
I didn't expect you to tell me how to win. Because you can't win when someone's total evo levels are 50+% difference to your own.

You can claim it's a non-issue - You have the right to be wrong - But tactical play is essentially meaningless against 50-60% differences.

If they have a good coverage of genes, they win. If they have a bad coverage of genes, they -probably- win.

Why?

Because assuming they field the second-worst combination there is(dual adjacent genes with you doing strong damage in every case and them doing weak damage in every case), then here's how the math works out:

You have a static 1 in health and a 1.25 multiplier in damage.

They have a 1.5 health and a 1.125 in damage. They do slightly worse damage than you but take a WHOLE LOT MORE to go down.

So no. Your advice is just simply wrong. You're arguing with a lot of people's experiences on here, but barring me paying to replace my opponents again and again until I find nothing but all monogene damage(Which is near non-existent), I can't win.

No orbs will change that. No tactical play. No decisions.

I have defeated teams with 100% evo difference , I say its possible..I think it's possible ..I know it's possible

ziggy
12-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Well ive got a few points to make the first been that I am an experienced player at evo 119 so a combined evo of 352 and all of my opponents are either over 600 combined evo or right around 100 combined evo. With these opponents I can barely gain any points im over 100 attacks and still sit at 3% as it will take me about another 200 attacks at this pace to hit 1% which is ridiculous. The other issue is with either way to overpowered opponents or way to weak of opponents I can't gain a reasonable amount of xp. I hope these changes on opponents are a glitch or malfunction and somehow it will return to normal soon.

Zero
12-09-2015, 06:25 PM
I am posting because I've noticed that I am struggling a lot this season to stay on Grsndmaster league despite being Evo 114...it is not due to the fact that I am losing as I have under 80 losses and over 200 wins.... It is the fact that despite winning so many battles I am only getting matched against people with Evo 30, meaning that I don't go up in position much even if I win.... Before I would comfortably get in top 100 before 50 fights and stay there until the end with little to no battles after 50. But now at almost 300 fights I am in position 450+......i also am very disappointed that the "changes" you made to pvp were only to make it harder for veteran players, while at the same time doing absolutely NOTHING, about the cheaters in top 20 with over 40,000 points with Evo 20-30 beating people over Evo 150 thanks to that cheating app on Android.....

And as for the whiners aka noobs who are complaining that is impossible to beat people with over 50 Evo difference, I say that it is possible as I have beaten people with over 60 evos higher than me because I played smart and have a variety of strategies and mutants to choose from... Not just use the same mutants over and over again...

Eric Kuhn
12-09-2015, 06:37 PM
gettin placed against equal points and the occasional higher evo did feel strange at first but after a bit more fighting it made more sense . gaining +10 at a time and facing someone who has an evo sum of 380 less than you is not much fun . and feels like the effort is not as rewarding as it should be . i was fortunate to only get +10 from a higher evo twice up to now ... but the first 90 attacks felt like the event .... super boring ... as for winning fights when opposing team is higher evo ... that is subjective to each persons stratedgy ... ive beat much higher evo and lost to evo i should have been able to beat ... that happends ... calculating on percentages is not a viable calculation as the evo sum increases ... this is due to the fact that mutants do not gain more hp or attack value in percentage values ... as example my buranka gained 74 attack points on level 80-81 and increased the same amount of attack value from evo 149-150 ... as your evo grows each evo level means less in percentage gains ... so arguing about what percentage evo higher should or should not be beatable is kinda moot imo .... placing the correct orbs for your stratedgy is much more important as that gives percentage boosts to a mutant ...

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-11-2015, 02:00 PM
gettin placed against equal points and the occasional higher evo did feel strange at first but after a bit more fighting it made more sense . gaining +10 at a time and facing someone who has an evo sum of 380 less than you is not much fun . and feels like the effort is not as rewarding as it should be . i was fortunate to only get +10 from a higher evo twice up to now ... but the first 90 attacks felt like the event .... super boring ... as for winning fights when opposing team is higher evo ... that is subjective to each persons stratedgy ... ive beat much higher evo and lost to evo i should have been able to beat ... that happends ... calculating on percentages is not a viable calculation as the evo sum increases ... this is due to the fact that mutants do not gain more hp or attack value in percentage values ... as example my buranka gained 74 attack points on level 80-81 and increased the same amount of attack value from evo 149-150 ... as your evo grows each evo level means less in percentage gains ... so arguing about what percentage evo higher should or should not be beatable is kinda moot imo .... placing the correct orbs for your stratedgy is much more important as that gives percentage boosts to a mutant ...

Although we werent talking about growth rate I thank you for reminding me of one of the first endeavors in value testing that I had taken part of and completely overlooked during this little banter.. On a side note, it is worth taking not of percentage based comparisons in regards to evo when playing PvP as 30% evo difference is a general sweetspot that I had found during this season that made less sense in the previous seasons due to the relativity of Platinum strength mutants. With the introduction of Crafting, platinums have become more widespread so paying attention to that slight detail will prove fruitful to any avid PvP player. Cheers KO!

[K] Hugo
12-11-2015, 05:08 PM
Hello fellow Psy Captains, thank you again for all your details that helped the team a lot!

Today I am glad to confirm you that two recent bugs have been fixed on December 9th thanks to your feedbacks:

Bug 1: On the first match of the Global Tournament 66, the player could face random opponents, and earn seemingly random points after a victory. This is now fixed!

Bug 2: A mutant being in a defense team was not taken into account, resulting in some players facing opponent who were 33% stronger than intended. This is now solved.

Thank you again for your feedbacks that help us to improve the game, have a great day in the arena!

Kenneth Pocaigue
12-11-2015, 05:25 PM
Difficulty Option please!! Would like to be able to shuffle to those opponents that are 33% higher in evo... Just saying.. or even more than that.

Vickey Knight
12-11-2015, 06:01 PM
i got the same problem my evo is 38 and three mutants form 114 iam have been facing the problem of fighting high evo players 124 and more. today it been solved i guess because today it was same level players . thank you for fixing the problem kobojo

[K] Hugo
12-14-2015, 05:50 PM
The season has ended Psy Captain, thank you all for collaboration in this thread!

Have a great day in the arena!