Anything being done about cheaters?

All the top guys still use disconnect trick and ive reported some and theyre still there playing!
    So annoying!

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Nope, but hopefully in the next few months, celsius will be able to do something above them.

Since a long time they are trying to remove cheaters. I guess its not a easy task tho

Also, its been a long time i dont encounter any, maybe for my ranking but still long time without a cheater
    "Great heroes carry the journey's burdens, not on their shoulders, but in their hearts."

I still face some on a daily basis! And fixing the issue might be hard but were reporting them, ive reported same guys bunch of time and their name still there for months, kobojo could just look up which player gets reported almost every single time, and look at data and theyve won by dc!

There's still a couple of them around. Since name changing is so easy, you won't even know until they're about to lose the match and they'll DC you. Most of them don't DC you until you're about to win nowadays. Then they will laughing fox you to death if you meet them again and DC you right away

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    This is why we need Mods and Admins! I will gladly take the part. I'm active 24/7, I run into DC ers every other match. I'm not asking for a perm ban option. If anything I'm asking for a short timed message ban that simply says something like, "STOP CHEATING! **You're suspended from Arena for 1 day because you were caught cheating**

If we could do this. I feel like we would see some actually see some progress and less and lesser DC'ers.

This is cute.
    No, nothing is being done about the cheaters. It was an issue with the original owners of the game and it's been an issue since the new company took over. We've heard nothing from the new owners apart from a single "We're looking into it guys, pinkie promise!"

And a 1 day ban means nothing to people who cheat. If you're going to have deterrents then do it properly. Drop their ranking by 500 points each time it happens. Put them in the Chick league. Revert their heroes to level one. REMOVE THE ABILITY TO CHANGE NAMES! (Honestly, there is no logical, feasible reason why this function exists in a game where the only "harrassment" you can get is a useless spammed fox head you can block anyway...). Delete that account from the server entirely.

If you're going to do something, do it properly.

Well the 1day ban could help to scare them a bit, but i agree with droping the elo or something.

Also prevent people to change name as socks is something we always asked for. Totally necesary to remove that option to be able to fight the cheaters.
    "Great heroes carry the journey's burdens, not on their shoulders, but in their hearts."

Maybe it would scare them if it was a cumulative thing. 3 x 1 day bans would ban them for a fortnight (rendering the tourny null and void) perhaps.

Or maybe remove the function to cheat entirely? If someone cheats, trying to deter them from doing it again will have next to minimal results unless the deterrant is extreme.

It's like some of the console games from the 90's where the devs put code in that made enemies invincible, your health drop to 1hp etc if you used a Gameshark or something.

Either stop it entirely or make the consequences of cheating so bad that nobody bothers with it.

(Interesting fact - you get banned from this game for cheating and your account eventually gets reinstated. I found the cheat on my first account, abused it, got banned and made another account. Didn't cheat on that one, played for a few months, logged in one day and went straight to my old account. Annoying cos I learnt to save my chests in the second account but that's the price I guess...)

Quote Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
    Or maybe remove the function to cheat entirely? If someone cheats, trying to deter them from doing it again will have next to minimal results unless the deterrant is extreme.
    I once suggested to make disconect wins to not having points. This means if you got a Disconect, enemy wouldnt win points (you will lose them tho). Basically to avoid cheaters climbing without actually playing. Bad problem is some people sometimes ragequit and that counts a disconect too. Its not a fair solution but i think its so raw it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
    It's like some of the console games from the 90's where the devs put code in that made enemies invincible, your health drop to 1hp etc if you used a Gameshark or something.
    Lol i remember on Heretic if you used Doom cheats xD

Iddqd and then instadead for try doing god mode or the weapons cheat and you got striped for all items.
    Last edited by Skunkix; 06-16-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Lol - I remember using IDCLIP to walk through walls and the psychadelic result when you tried to clip through a solid wall :)