Wanderer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Current PvP Point Assignment System is TERRIBLE!

The PvP point system now is really bad in several ways. First, it makes no sense and penalizes the strategies that have made players strong. Second, it is wildly inconsistent given the factors that are visible to players (making it seem capricious or even idiotic in how it award points).

WHY IS IT A TERRIBLE PvP Point System?
    1) It often (most the time in my case) penalizes players a lot for losing against other players with much higher levels (of evolution) when they attack or when a player attack them (trying to get revenge or clearing the next player in the fight list). I regularly get 20 points deducted when a player beats me who has a mutant team that is 10-50 evo levels higher than my team. In one case, my opponent had over twice my evo (over 200 higher than mine), and I still lost 20 points when he beat me (he attacked me).
    2) It is inconsistent. A player with about 30 higher evo team than mine beat me and I got 5 points off. Fair enough. But when I attacked him (within that same hour) because he was on top of my fight list, I (not surprisingly) lost to him again, What was surprising was that I lost 20 points for this lost. This player PM'd me and told me he got 100 points for the win against me. He continued to attack me a lot over the next 1-2 days and I lost 5,20, 20, 5, 20, 20, 20 etc. when he did. Not only was the system (seemingly) unfair, but it was highly inconsistent against the same player on the same day.
    3) According to a moderator, the points are assigned according to the estimated relative strength of each player. This does not make sense on several levels -- First (holding evolution levels constant), aren't players supposed to try to get stronger (by getting better mutants and doing what they can to make them stronger?). This is the whole idea of this game! Otherwise why should anyone bother to get orbs, buy new mutants, or attempt to have elite (strong and fast) mutants? Second, does Kobojo actually believe that anyone thinks they constantly rank everyone's team according to the level and orb-boost of every mutant? Of course they do not (and should not), as that would just burn up an ungodly amount of processing for no real advantage. But more to the point, why should I be penalized for trying to have a stronger team (buying new mutants, reaching elite star status, leveling up, and using orbs to strengthen my mutants)? I am not convinced there is any real advantage to those things if the PvP system penalizes you for having a stronger team.

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO FIX THIS POINT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM?
    1) Give a lot more visibility and make it have face validity to those visible factors (namely level strength of teams used in PvP). This does not mean that this should be the only factor, but it should be the main factor. Doing any other way, just encourages players to have a "weaker" team to get more PvP points.
    2) What about trying to avoid "gaming the system" (as one moderator points out this new system tries to defend against). THIS IS REALLY IDIOTIC. Are the game architects really saying that players should not know the rules in order to make it a better game? Imagine a basketball game where referees called fouls (or other turnovers/violations) according to a secret set of rules. Especially when the invisible rules seem to be enforced in wildly different ways from play to play, no one would have any idea how to strengthen their game or develop the best team. All this would lead to is frustration and a lack of caring about any of the process of getting better. Although it probably does not matter at all to Kobojo, this is the first thing that they have done that has made me seriously consider leaving this game. EVEN WORSE, imagine if you had no idea how the basketball game was scored, with plus or minus points showing up without any seeming rhyme or reason. That is seemingly what the point assignment system of the PvP Tourneys are heading towards.
    3) Have obviously stronger teams get less rewards for beating an obviously weaker team than for beating a relatively strong team. I still have absolutely no idea why I lost 20 points several times when losing to a player who had more than 50 evo levels more than I had.

PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR VIEWS OF THE PvP PoInt System and what could be done to fix this monstrosity!

Wanderer

I just lost 20 points again when I threw a match against a team that had over twice my evolution. This STINKS!

I'm totally agree with you!!!
    They should give more points TO players that fight without Tag, and the possibility TO choose the oppo! For example: under 50 lv, if you win 10, if you lose 20, but over 50 lv if you win 50, if you lose 5.This is balancing game!!!!

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Tim, I just lost 20 points when facing an opponent with three times my Evolution! This system SUCKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chun View Post
    Tim, I just lost 20 points when facing an opponent with three times my Evolution! This system SUCKS!
    How about losing 16 points in defence to someone with combined evo level of 576 against my team with combined evo level of 96 , and losing 20 points when i fought back and lost? There was no response from the admins or devs since what you just said, all of is accurately true. I dont know if they just have their hands full or they just too lazy or doesnt care at all.

I would love a revamped PVP monitored and ranked by a live team, or at least a smarter system to calculate points. Players that are level 20 shouldnt be loosing major points to someone level 100 nevermind actually battling each other. It's like feeding mice with no legs to Shark/Eagle/Tiger hyrbids.. It is just not natural.

[QUOTE=Tim Quey;59358]The PvP point system now is really bad in several ways. First, it makes no sense and penalizes the strategies that have made players strong. Second, it is wildly inconsistent given the factors that are visible to players (making it seem capricious or even idiotic in how it award points).

WHY IS IT A TERRIBLE PvP Point System?
    1) It often (most the time in my case) penalizes players a lot for losing against other players with much higher levels (of evolution) when they attack or when a player attack them (trying to get revenge or clearing the next player in the fight list). I regularly get 20 points deducted when a player beats me who has a mutant team that is 10-50 evo levels higher than my team. In one case, my opponent had over twice my evo (over 200 higher than mine), and I still lost 20 points when he beat me (he attacked me).
    2) It is inconsistent. A player with about 30 higher evo team than mine beat me and I got 5 points off. Fair enough. But when I attacked him (within that same hour) because he was on top of my fight list, I (not surprisingly) lost to him again, What was surprising was that I lost 20 points for this lost. This player PM'd me and told me he got 100 points for the win against me. He continued to attack me a lot over the next 1-2 days and I lost 5,20, 20, 5, 20, 20, 20 etc. when he did. Not only was the system (seemingly) unfair, but it was highly inconsistent against the same player on the same day.
    3) According to a moderator, the points are assigned according to the estimated relative strength of each player. This does not make sense on several levels -- First (holding evolution levels constant), aren't players supposed to try to get stronger (by getting better mutants and doing what they can to make them stronger?). This is the whole idea of this game! Otherwise why should anyone bother to get orbs, buy new mutants, or attempt to have elite (strong and fast) mutants? Second, does Kobojo actually believe that anyone thinks they constantly rank everyone's team according to the level and orb-boost of every mutant? Of course they do not (and should not), as that would just burn up an ungodly amount of processing for no real advantage. But more to the point, why should I be penalized for trying to have a stronger team (buying new mutants, reaching elite star status, leveling up, and using orbs to strengthen my mutants)? I am not convinced there is any real advantage to those things if the PvP system penalizes you for having a stronger team.

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE TO FIX THIS POINT ASSIGNMENT SYSTEM?
    1) Give a lot more visibility and make it have face validity to those visible factors (namely level strength of teams used in PvP). This does not mean that this should be the only factor, but it should be the main factor. Doing any other way, just encourages players to have a "weaker" team to get more PvP points.
    2) What about trying to avoid "gaming the system" (as one moderator points out this new system tries to defend against). THIS IS REALLY IDIOTIC. Are the game architects really saying that players should not know the rules in order to make it a better game? Imagine a basketball game where referees called fouls (or other turnovers/violations) according to a secret set of rules. Especially when the invisible rules seem to be enforced in wildly different ways from play to play, no one would have any idea how to strengthen their game or develop the best team. All this would lead to is frustration and a lack of caring about any of the process of getting better. Although it probably does not matter at all to Kobojo, this is the first thing that they have done that has made me seriously consider leaving this game. EVEN WORSE, imagine if you had no idea how the basketball game was scored, with plus or minus points showing up without any seeming rhyme or reason. That is seemingly what the point assignment system of the PvP Tourneys are heading towards.
    3) Have obviously stronger teams get less rewards for beating an obviously weaker team than for beating a relatively strong team. I still have absolutely no idea why I lost 20 points several times when losing to a player who had more than 50 evo levels more than I had.

PLEASE RESPOND WITH YOUR VIEWS OF THE PvP PoInt System and what could be done to fix this monstrosity![/QUOTE
    100 % agree with you!!! this system is not fair

http://prntscr.com/eli8wj THET'S SOOO STUPID

is any buddy even reading this,???☹ looks like no buddy care

Illustrious

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by Oleg K View Post
    is any buddy even reading this,???☹ looks like no buddy care
    This has been complained about on and off for quite a while. Devs have been trying to do adjustments but nothing really seems to work.

For the most part many have just given up commenting on it until we get p*ssed off again. Doesn't do any good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Law View Post
    This has been complained about on and off for quite a while. Devs have been trying to do adjustments but nothing really seems to work.

For the most part many have just given up commenting on it until we get p*ssed off again. Doesn't do any good though.
    Yeah. The whole idea of the balancing system is that it penalizes breeders. If you have a lot of good mutants, you will end up facing people 50 to 60% higher than yours. The current PvP system is terrible and has been for some time.