Update Reactions

How's everyone feeling about the new balance changes?

I've gotten about 10 PvP games in since the update and Torr is much less present, due to his increased energy cost. I'm pretty happy about this as the strategies are already getting more creative.

Kane got a huge buff in this update. His lower energy cost and increased boost makes him super valuable. I can now use him as a blocker for assassin types (Shura & Hiru) and making them hit like trucks with up to 50% energy damage.

Hiru now attacking twice has made him way more valuable. While its still random, his bombs have saved my bacon more than once already.

Very glad Asaro now targets a random hero. If he took any damage before, he would most likely be the lowest HP and consistently target himself, which made him useless to my team.

Erys lower energy cost is another great addition. Will make him more valuable in campaign play for destroying targets. Has anyone else seen his burn damage being MUCH lower? This wasn't listed in the notes, but I've seen him dealing only 5 damage per square, rather than around 40.

Hiru attacking two areas is a huge problem for me on the PvE levels. I think he shoud get a higher gauge because if he gets on board on the AI easily fills his gauge once every turn and three times the double damage literally wipes me off... Don't have anything against the double attack but please don't make it so easy to fill his bar :(

Even tho they nerfed torr a bit i think it had to happen. I still use him cause hes the damage dealer for my arena setup seeing as drall just need way too much to charge. As of everything else im pretty happy except for the guy that does direct damage. He may seem weak but pair with a styr, kane and rey and its pretty overpowered. it will only take 2 special from each of kane and styr to have him doing way into the triole digits and then rey keeps thier defense up. have rey and the direct damage guy in a safe spot while styr and kane sit in first row eating the dmg

Nevermind, they nerfed Rey way too much. His primal does almost 75% less and now hes pretty useless. Also Hiru seems just a bit overpowered, double attacks at just a little less damage? They should of just made him shoot out 6 random shots around the board, it seems a little more fair. someone that needs only 30 energy to fill thier gauge shouldnt be so overpowered

Vidra, I have to agree now that I've played some PvE. Hiru is an absolute monster when the AI can get his ability going multiple times during a turn. He's going to be a factor in both PvE and PvP.

Lord Stark are you talking about Shura that does direct damage to other heroes? The nerf to energy cost has made it difficult for me to get her running as effectively as before but I see what you mean about boosting her power with Styr. Although I'm now using Asaro instead of Styr because he is a smaller target for opponent's damage dealers and can get his boost running very often.

I meant the direct damage to player, i wasnt sure of his name, i think isiaki or something like that. Ive seen players start a turn with him charged, and them charge him every turn. hes almost like hiru but just a bit more energy cost. The Rey nerf really upset me. hes still useful if you use his primal constantly early on, otherwise hes not doing it for me anymore. My rey is level 8 and its not even close to being decent anymore, also Horus seems like a terrible idea now. They nerfed Torr but changed Horus into a weaker Torr. Its just a bit op to have an attack like Drall with no damage reduction as the attack moves through targets. Plus a low charge rate, its like they didnt even test these changes.

I need to find a new arena team soon, Rey was a vital part if my setup but its not even close to being effective

Do not like buff to Hiru at all, ok make him drop his bombs twice but increase energy cost. Saw it happen 3 times in a row in arena now that he was dropped at the beggining of opponents turn and he fills up so easily that he goes again before end of his turn. I don't even want to think how it will be in PvE with AI cheats in place... Not fun at all.

Horis, well this update makes me much less useful in PvE, however he is really nice in Arena now. I like using him with Kane and bait hero to usually get double kills since opponents usually drop 2 heroes in a same column to kill my bait hero. Drop Horis in that column, hit them both, drop Kane to buff Horis, and since Horis' ability has low energy cost I usually manage to use his ability, this time buffed. Was he also changed for AI in PvE, is he now same for AI, as in, he can only target one column or is he the old annoying one who can target anywhere?

Torr, can't comment since I haven't been using him beside first 2-3 PvE battles when I exchanged him for Horis. Also, did they change Gwen also? I don't remember her freezing opposing heroes when she is summoned, she was freezing them when killed but do not remember also upon entering.

And that are all comments I can offer since I've been playing this game for 4 days and I do not have a wide roster.

Gwenn now freezing upon entering as a battle cry, this as a good buff for her.

The more I use Hiru, the more I realize I need to use Hiru. Spamming his ability helps in both PvE and PvP. Spend some gold upgrading him because until they change him, he's going to be everywhere.

For some reason i dont have that update yet, maybe is region lock¿

Horis has got overpowered, since it hits the whole row of heroes now.

Quote Originally Posted by VitalyPitt View Post
    Horis has got overpowered, since it hits the whole row of heroes now.
    Just stop putting your heroes in a vertical column together :P

With reduced damage, he is barely OK now and would only be OP if you allow him to hit multiple targets by placing them all in the same column