Enemy (PvE) Activation Cost and Damage

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, maybe it's just to make the levels more challenging.

But I'm currently on level 182 and I've noticed for the last couple of levels (starting at 170-ish) that the enemy/computer once they've activated their heroes, the heroes will have 50% activation cost and 200% damage (i.e. they can reactivate their Torr just matching 3 yellow blocks that doesn't have increased health/damage, and they damage they will do is double what is stated).

I do notice that they have this upward arrow that states 100% activation. But does 100% activation also mean double damage?

I've noticed similar at much lower levels I'm in the mid 140's and have been seeing this for a while also, I assumed it was normal game behavior and been struggling through it as best I can

Hard to show what we mean about activation but here is a good example of how the damage gets doubled on the turn they activate the second and any consecutive use.

Node 146

I'm experiencing this since much much lower levels. Very frustrating because it's hard to count ahead

It might have existed since the lower levels but I've never noticed. But the level I'm stuck on has 3 waves so...yeah.

I think it's just challenge since you are against AI. You don't expect mercy from PVE bosses do you?

You've probably already gotten past 182 by now but I made you a video that might help if you are still stuck