Improving PvP - new modes

Since this game is mainly about PvP here are propositions of some PvP modes:

1. All random - pretty obvious modes, all your heroes will be selected randomly. It will be another encouragement to lvl up and gather heroes.

2. Tournament - devs probably working on it or have this in plans. There are lot of options how to do it so I am just noting that mode here.

3. Bet mode - that was proposed by Chem. In this mode you are joined with other players in small competition but before that you will give cards to the prize pool. You gain points each match then at the end winner will take all cards bet by others.

4. Draft mode - before match you will get 16 (4 from each color) randomly selected heroes from which you will build your team. Amount of heroes pool to choose from may differs, that was just example.

5. Banning pick - each player bans to pick 3 heroes (so 6 heroes banned overall, player will have time for banning, if time runs out heros is banned randomly). Then players start to pick heroes (when player pick hero, then other player will pick his, also if time runs out hero is chosen randomly). Also players cannot both pick same hero so each team will be unique.

Ideas here should be mixed like draft with banning heroes. Also in my opinion tournament and standard arena should have banning pick format.

All modes should grant XP like arena, all modes should have separated ELO or no ELO at all. All modes should have rewards, even small (like All random gives 500 exp for win but no cards).

Banning cards is good thing because it removes currently most OP cards and combos without much hurry to nerf them. Also it forces players to choose different teams and not focus only on 4 heroes. Plus if we would have banning pick while Kane was bugged, there wouldn't bu much problem because he would be banned 90%+ times.

What do you think? If you have any ideas post it there, I just listed and described basic modes in games.

Sorry for double post but got 1 more idea - wild random mode. All your heroes there would be 100% random. Random color, random image and random activated skill, random deathrattle, random battlecry and random passive. Skills will be just chosen from pool of all available skills ingame.

About balance, well there wouldn't be much but it wouldn't be point of this mode :) But still numbers in abilities should be adjusted to primal gauge cost.

But think about Pyk with Masha skill, Falkar deathrattle and Cipai battlecry. This mode might not be easy to do, but it will be never stagnant, because always new skills will come to pool with new heroes and it will be so random that it would never be same.

sounds pretty complicated . i feel dizzy oh

Which one?

I like almost all the suggestions Rav just think simpler forms of your suggestions might be a better option, some of the ideas are great but the details get complicated

Celebrity

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I like the ideas too but agreed simlified a bit would be easier to follow ( I cant talk tho cause I know I ramble on)
    One thing I've always thought would be good would be taking say 6 or 7 heroes into the battle but you can still only use the 4 of them...
    Couple that idea with your random idea, say you choose 6, 8 or 10 or whatever number of heroes and when going into battle it selects 4 for you to use would be pretty cool

Guys but I really don't get it what mode you find complicated. Rules are pretty easy and if implemented game will handle most of it for you. Players will just need to choose his heroes or bans. Thats almost all. In all random you don't choose heroes at all so its simplier that current arena.

I really like this mods Rav, and i want to add another:

Last Standing Hero
    In this mod the way to win is only to destroy enemy heroes. Heros have reduced mp gain and reduced effectiveness. They are previously placed (like, you have a hero-board preset before looking for match).

bump (old ideas)