Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestion - place based leagues

We were talking lately on our chat about leagues system and we went to interesting suggestion. It is leagues based on your place in overall elo ranking. It will be like:
    Top 50 - Lion league
    Top 200 - Bear leauge
    ETC.

Ok but why that change? There are some specific reason to that:
    1. Unless you farmed ELO a lot you cannot freeze your league. In example atm lot of people just going to lion/bear/wolf and freezes because of rewards. You cannot get ELO from that players to go up because they are just not playing. Changing leagues system to place based instead of elo will keep people playing because its hard to be safe in that case.

2. You see there is an overall pool of elo. People joining game bring 500 elo with them which you can farm. In order for someone to get 520 someone need to be 480. So hackers normally can take from us 700 points then get banned. That lost ELO from overall pool is getting destroyed. Same with cut of ELO from 1100+ ppl down to 1100. Place based system will negate that effect.

Imo people freezing at 1101 or 901 is getting arena stagnant and its not good for gameplay. What is your thoughts about that?

Leagues need a change like top 50.or 100 for lion if you see top rank only 30 players make it to lion a lot of players around 1000 elo cant claim up.cause players freeze for rewards

Would the same problem not occur? Sure if you reach #50 and decide to stop battling, you may drop a league but if I'm top 25, or I'm at 100, I could freeze for reward.

This plan might work if they implemented what they said they would do last time and that is send everyone with 900+ elo back to 900. But I can't help but noticed for the last season, they didn't do this. I had 900+ elo and I kept my elo amount.

Reset now is 1100 meo

Celebrity

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

simplest solution is everyone starts fresh from a given starting point at the start of every season, say 500 or whatever they wanted it to be so nothing carries over from season to season.. makes sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Garde View Post
    simplest solution is everyone starts fresh from a given starting point at the start of every season, say 500 or whatever they wanted it to be so nothing carries over from season to season.. makes sense to me
    good idea michael a total elo reset , best 100 in one league , 200 in other league and go on and on

Yeah that will work. Total elo reset to 500 then taking top 50 or top 100 LION, then top 200 bear etc. You couldn't just farm 200 elo (talking about 1100+ players) and freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Garde View Post
    The issue here is how can u farm 600 elo to be in lion? This system is like the F1 Race that if you have accomplished better results before, you have the leverage of starting at a better place.

Yes i think, i can do that because i play alot but how about those who are casual players? Or players that play maximum 100s only games in a season? How about losing -7 after winning 7 games in a row gain +1 each time? How about its more of a farm for elite players as working up it can gain them more rewards each league they pass by. Yes i like your suggestion but, its a concern also for most of the players out there. How about new players @ 500 elo with basic heroes vs veteran players with evolved heroes match up? Their are many things to consider but this is good suggestion though for a start.

Let's continue to pour out our suggestions commanders, and hope KBJ will work on it for better matching and ranking in the future.

Happy gaming everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerkspking View Post
    The issue here is how can u farm 600 elo to be in lion? This system is like the F1 Race that if you have accomplished better results before, you have the leverage of starting at a better place.
    If there will be place based leagues you don't need 1100+ elo to be in lion. You just need to be top 50 or top X even if that means its 530 elo.

Celebrity

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

everyone starting fresh would def cause some imbalances at first, but that would quickly even out, and i like battling ppl much stronger, nothing to with points but i like the challenge and then dont mind so much if (more so when) I lose....
    the whole grading system would have to be modified to go with it, it could be like ravandel said and its based on percentage or just bring the points system down a bit, maybe have a different prie group for every 50 points that you go up, that is really the easiest part to sort out....
    also if points were allocated more so by level of heroes rather then the way it is now then those early matches of someone really strong vs someone really weak wouldn't matter so much

bump (old idea)