Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggestion - Reconnect

Since we have still disconnect issue I think we should have "Reconnect" option. You see, some time ago there were server issues with that and that issues have been fixed. But DC still happens and still will happen. Even if connection stability issues will be perfect (probably never happen, because new patches might again bring back connection problems) there will still be other "random" disconnect issues.

Today I was playing with friend (1050 + ELO) and we both disconnected at the same time and we both have lost ELO. If you never played at that level you must understand that losing any match here is really painful.

So my statement about that is: unless there will be reconnect option, there will always be connection problems. And really, reconnect option is one of most basic features in online PvP games.

How it should work? The game won't end after player disconnects. If 1 player disconnected then another will play alone until he will finish enemy or that enemy reconnects.

I think that feature is much needed in PL.

Indeed actual pvp system punish players so hard , if you draw you lose points ,if you disconnect you lose points,if you are high rank you lose a lot of points very aggressive against players pvp system

I meant to agree with this suggestion when you first mentioned it, something I think we should have had all along
    <~~~~~~~~~~[ FAN LINKS ]~~~~~~~~~~>

Yes, give us a chance to reconnect. Sometimes I think we already reconnected cause I can see the other player making their moves but it says I am disconnected =(

The player that disconnected should be given a minute or two to reconnect. After that though, they lose.

Thanks for this thread and suggestion, this has definitely been discussed with our development teams and we're trying to find the best way to improve connectivity in Arena Battle.

Before disconnecting, the client will attempt to reconnect many times - this just isn't displayed visually by a loading bar - and we'll think on how we can improve this further.

Thanks again Commander Ravendel!

We should have just full game to the end after 1 person dc = more time and chances to reconnect. ATM as you have said Chem client is trying to reconnect many times (visible by that icon on lower left bottom) but if he fails (its pretty short amount of time) game ends. Whole point is that you should be able to reconnect after 10 mins and more. Game should run until the end.

Would you like to be locked for up to 10 minutes against an opponent that May or May not reconnect?

I would definitely not appreciate this in-game experience.. This will be discussed with our Devs for potential improvements!

Unless he runs full wall, he will be taken down pretty fast. 10 min was just example. And also update for that system isn't hard to think of, like after enemy DCed and he did nothing for 2 turns in a row then his turn time is reduced to 5-10 sec.

Quote Originally Posted by [K] BlueSky View Post
    Thanks for this thread and suggestion, this has definitely been discussed with our development teams and we're trying to find the best way to improve connectivity in Arena Battle.

Before disconnecting, the client will attempt to reconnect many times - this just isn't displayed visually by a loading bar - and we'll think on how we can improve this further.

Thanks again Commander Ravendel!
    Even 3 minutes would be suffice. Most of the time it's like a momentary disconnect. Like you're already connected when they're taking points from your elo away

Celebrity

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

we really need some form of reconnect. tho my disconnects are few and far between I just had one then that seemed suss. Playing against lospapas or lospapos or something like that, his elo was 300 above mine and I had a brilliant start and was likely going to win from it, half way through their next turn apparently I lost connection while they were still making moves, there was no freeze or delay, nothing happened to my internet and I could connect to a new game immediately
    its times like this when even keeping the game open for 1 minute and giving people a manual option and chance to reconnect would be great and just display to the opponent a "waiting for opponent to reconnect" message.
    it might also be a good way to expose hackers