Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Live Balance Discussion [Season 9]

This thread is for discussing Season 9's unbalanced heroes and reworking their design to fix the problems. Please post with your ideas, as well as, the problem and include why and how your proposed changes can solve the issues.

When posting please try to be concise and use language we can all understand. Don't use this thread to whine and complain, use it instead to contribute to the conversation and help solve the problems

January 17, 2017

Latest Balance Update: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread....ANCING-CHANGES

Note: Lion League players always have their ELO reset back to 1100 at the end of each season.
    Last edited by gWorldz; 01-17-2017 at 01:56 AM.
    <~~~~~~~~~~[ FAN LINKS ]~~~~~~~~~~>

Glad to see nerf on Harron & Kishu

And Gyle still seems too weak.

Quote Originally Posted by NickWilde View Post
    Glad to see nerf on Harron & Kishu

And Gyle still seems too weak.
    Those changes are scheduled for tomorrow judging by the announcements posted date
    <~~~~~~~~~~[ FAN LINKS ]~~~~~~~~~~>

I think Stortan's activation gauge should be increased a tiny bit. It's much too easy to activate him once every turn currently, which effectively completely nullifies all troop-based heroes. This causes him to be one of the strongest heroes in the game in my opinion, especially if paired with a healer.

I think Stortan is OK cause he is relatively easy to kill and he takes up alot of space. Not to mention if you can't make huge cascades you probably won't get enough green tiles (for that gauge). Once you activate him, you can't use the tiles in the front row.

If anyone's gauge needs to increase it's Komeul. Hero freezing and eternal poison...

Celebrity

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

I agree with what meo said.
    stortan can be effective but can also be rather useless, also he is a legendary and I actually reckon the weakest one of them. Remember its only tiles or charged tiles he blocks and is vulnerable to any other attack. sure he might be able to activate two or three turns in a row but say if you have heroes that only charge tiles and dont attack heroes just have them activation full and ready to unleash that time they run out of green tiles or just keep charging up tiles and use only the few that you need to make matches for colours you need. they are not usually scoring much against you when just trying to activate him every turn, especially if your tiles are charged and blocking their attacks.
    Komeul can be frustrating, I see a lot of the Komeul and Rey combo now which smashes me a lot of the time

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Harron is finally nerfed but is still better than Karg. Considering the fact that Karg is a rare card and Harron is just normal, I think they should go on to make Karg a little bit stronger by decreasing his Primal gauge to 50 or below. Or the two cards should exchange rarity with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by smilesnow View Post
    Harron is finally nerfed but is still better than Karg. Considering the fact that Karg is a rare card and Harron is just normal, I think they should go on to make Karg a little bit stronger by decreasing his Primal gauge to 50 or below. Or the two cards should exchange rarity with each other.
    Harron is for vertical heroes, Karg is for horizontal. As far as rarity goes it doesn't really matter for balancing purposes. Most common heroes are the most powerful like Mori, marrar, Kiit, Harron, etc.

However I would agree to reduce Karg's gauge a tiny bit.

Celebrity

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by Knightified View Post
    Harron is for vertical heroes, Karg is for horizontal. As far as rarity goes it doesn't really matter for balancing purposes. Most common heroes are the most powerful like Mori, marrar, Kiit, Harron, etc.

However I would agree to reduce Karg's gauge a tiny bit.

and harron is also really effective against single tile heroes and horizontal heroes as well as the vertical heroes because of his range and low activation
    I agree that kargs gauge should be reduced a bit

Rod...I feel like something should be done about him. I only use him as bait for Uku/Falker/Shura.

The only situation where I see him being of use would be of someone built a wall. A genuine wall like Mirga, Rey, Tai, Stortan and all you had were Shura, Gyle or something like that. Or there were some supercharged tiles by healers you want taken out.

It's hard to get him to adversely affect an enemy hero as was his intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Meo View Post
    Rod...I feel like something should be done about him. I only use him as bait for Uku/Falker/Shura.

The only situation where I see him being of use would be of someone built a wall. A genuine wall like Mirga, Rey, Tai, Stortan and all you had were Shura, Gyle or something like that. Or there were some supercharged tiles by healers you want taken out.

It's hard to get him to adversely affect an enemy hero as was his intention.
    I feel like he has a really big gauge bar for what does he do
    "Great heroes carry the journey's burdens, not on their shoulders, but in their hearts."