Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Live Balance Discussion [Season 13]

This thread is for discussing Season 13's unbalanced heroes and reworking their design to fix the problems. Please post with your ideas, as well as, the problem and include why and how your proposed changes can solve the issues.

When posting please try to be concise and use language we can all understand. Don't use this thread to whine and complain, use it instead to contribute to the conversation and help solve the problems

February 27, 2017

Latest Balance Update: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread....ll=1#post67861

Note: Lion and Phoenix League players always have their ELO reset back to 1100 at the end of each season.
    <~~~~~~~~~~[ FAN LINKS ]~~~~~~~~~~>

(Main change for Hembala discussed in last season's thread)

Hembala's gauge needs to be significantly increased.

What does everyone think about limiting how long Kishu / Konil death rattle last for?

I think it's much more balanced if the death rattle only lasts 2 turns rather than forever.

Here's some changes I've had rolling around in my head for a few seasons that I think might *balance* heroes o.O

Quote Originally Posted by gWorldz
    Borg
    +2 to buff/heal/damage

Its a minor change and truly balances him compared to the other green healers, making him a choice for buff/heal/damage players instead of a last resort o.O

Hembala
    Gauge to 89
    ---OR---
    Gauge to 75
    - no longer reduces activation gauge of targeted heroes o.O

He's greatly overused in arena at the moment and dominates the matches. In constructed it comes down to whoever can drop him first and he is devastating, shutting down almost all offensive retaliations. Whether he kills before heroes get in play or kills when they do get in play because they have no health. His OPness is very apparent, if you don't agree spend a couple hours in arena, its no fun for anyone :\

Missar
    Gauge to 65
    ---OR---
    Lower health slightly and make him work like Konil

We all been saying this for several seasons, Missar just needs a little love ;-)

Arpa
    Gauge to 72
    ---OR---
    +10% damage

He's not really all that bad but he does need a minor tweak to really make him feel like an epic. Right now we do our best to make him work but no one really wants to have him on their team o.O

Komeul
    Gauge to 50

He's almost right just needs a minor adjustment to balance him and make him great instead of OP ;-)

Waru
    +20% to War Cry

He can really be a mess, I would like changes made to prevent him from targeting allied heroes but friends said he'd be OP with that change and I think I agree with them. The only thing I think that might make it work would be if when he targets allied heroes they receive an effect lice freezing or fire instead of direct damage ... in truth I would enjoy his bombs having effects added but think that's OP too, he does need a minor change to make him more appealing though and that's why I opt for the war cry increase ;-)

Tali
    Gauge to 40
    ---OR---
    Double the damage

The concept and design of Tali is great but she is easily the worst hero in the game at the moment. Compared to similar hero concepts she falls way below par and desperately needs some love applied. The suggestions for her useful and slightly more appealing but I fell she would need an additional adjustment with either tweak I'm just not sure what would be needed at this time. Another idea for her could be adding a boost to her ability, similar to how Banka boosts himself, let Tali boosts herself when she uses her ability or let her debuff targeted heroes like Saru's ability.
    Just some ideas, let me know what you think, what you agree or disagree with and what you feel I may have missed
    Last edited by gWorldz; 03-14-2017 at 04:25 AM.

@Waru section

The war cry should be removed. His main health should just have the war cry added into it. I find Waru to be extremely OP when played correctly and this would result in a more punishing death.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightified View Post
    @Waru section

The war cry should be removed. His main health should just have the war cry added into it. I find Waru to be extremely OP when played correctly and this would result in a more punishing death.
    I admit when played correctly Waru can be a major pain but his current version isn't really wanted on most teams, only Banka teams benefit and even then his uses are limited. The reason the bonus health is in War Cry instead of just added in is to reduce damage received from his death. He's built like Karg or Pyk reduced health but bigger on the outside ;-)

After all a hero that kills allied heroes should not hurt you much when he dies

I'm not 100% sure about changes to Waru I just feel he needs something to make him more useful and appealing when in play and if he gets to stick around a little longer ... it really is a minor suggested boost, at level 7 that increase is only 14 health bring the War Cry boost up to 85 from 71 o.O
    Last edited by gWorldz; 03-14-2017 at 04:53 AM.

Komeul 45 or 50 doesn't make a difference except initial activation. You need to change him to 51 (so a 5 match doesn't activate him)

Waru is fine. He doesn't need a stronger battlecry. Waru is balanced because he does attack allies. He's pretty OP. I've used him to hunt down elephants.
    Last edited by Meo; 03-14-2017 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meo View Post
    Komeul 45 or 50 doesn't make a difference except initial activation. You need to change him to 51 (so a 5 match doesn't activate him)

Waru is fine. He doesn't need a stronger battlecry. Waru is balanced because he does attack allies. He's pretty OP. I've used him to hunt down elephants.
    Good Point about Komeul but keep in mind ...

3u Match = 15|30 ---OR--- 18|33
    4u Match = 20|40 ---OR--- 24|44
    5u Match = 25|50 ---OR--- 30|55
    6u Match = 30|60 ---OR--- 36|66

... if I remember correctly so maybe even 57 haha I do agree with your assessment and think at least 51 now that you bring up activation.

As for Waru, my real issue is when you get him you have to solo him out and restrict your heroes or wait until everything you have is dead or just kill all your heroes too, he needs an adjustment somewhere lol yes he can be OP but you have to have an opponent that isn't using any of the meta heroes and your opponent has to get all their heroes out for you to kill or you have to cascade the win or stop using Waru and drop your other heroes ignoring him until he's dead or the match is over. Waru has too much useless, I guess its like Liu, Wakai if you play an absent minded or distracted opponent you can own them but against someone focused paying attention they are worthless :-(

Celebrity

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

hembala: the removal of his effect on activation guage makes him back to what he was, and was a tad weak for a legendary....
    waru is pretty good as he is
    komeul only needs a small guage increase. If he cant stack his effects he will end up pointless and just be good for the freeze. But if your opponents down to one hero should komeul be able to do 4 attacks on it? that seems a bit op
    tali: dont think double attack is fair but an increase is needed
    the others I agree

I still play Waru sometimes even if I have another hero out (depending on the hero) and how many heroes my opponent has out. If you have Sokal/Marraar/Borg/Pyk and your opponent brought out 2/3 heroes, I'd use Waru. Mathematically there is a 33% or 25% chance of him hitting your tank healer/blocker so the risk is worth it.

Borg does need some love being the weakest among the healers.

Yeah...Hembala's gauge needs a bit of an increase. At least to 81 (or more)

@Hembala:
    keep everything as now EXCEPT reduces only 1, instead of 15, activation gauge of targeted heroes.
    OR:
    makes him as the earliest version. no longer reduces activation gauge and slightly reduce the dmg, but he can also do direct dmg to opponent.

and i still suggest that @Kishu need balance. she is extremly OP above lvl 5 comparing with other troop-healer.