Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post There should be a New League

The gap between Lion League and Phoenix League is 700 ELO points apart and that's quite a bug gap so I'm suggesting a new League at like 1400 or 1500, let's call it Dragon League or Alligator League something like that

Nah. Phoenix was implemented because people were getting crazy amount of ELO over the season with no reward. It's basically the "advanced lion league." There's no need for another league in between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightified View Post
    Nah. Phoenix was implemented because people were getting crazy amount of ELO over the season with no reward. It's basically the "advanced lion league." There's no need for another league in between them.
    Doesn't that mean that we have to push ELO points every 2 weeks, I don't push

I have friends that desperately try to get to 1800 but just can't do it. with a league in-between they would have a reachable goal at least. I don't see how it would harm anyone, since the Phoenix chest would give better rewards still. it only gives the "weaker" ones a chance to upgrade their heroes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ki343 View Post
    I have friends that desperately try to get to 1800 but just can't do it. with a league in-between they would have a reachable goal at least. I don't see how it would harm anyone, since the Phoenix chest would give better rewards still. it only gives the "weaker" ones a chance to upgrade their heroes too.
    I'm one of those who just can't seem to reach 1800. I agree, it wouldn't harm to have a league between them. The Phoenix could still be the only league that gives 2 legendaries.

I agree with Knightified on this one, Phoenix is not something everyone should be able to achieve each season, its something to strive for and work hard to obtain. I personally wanted it to be a 1000 ELO gap between the Lion and Phoenix, I wouldn't be getting it but it would be what it was created to be an elite of the elite. It also makes since that you have to push to get it, the problem with Lion league was that almost everyone can get there eventually and stay there season to season with little to no work. I've actually pushed for a reset to 500 each season for all leagues but very seriously doubt that will ever happen. Personally, if I spend the time to climb I want it to be worth it and feel like it was a milestone to get there.

This is coming from someone that would actually be in the new league you propose, so I know where you are coming from. If you push though, something that should be required to be at the top in any game, you can get 1800 too o.O

I would love to see some changes to the leagues system though, to balance it better with the current ELO system I'd propose the following ELO numbers to correct for ELO inflation caused by Random Arena's 2x XP/ELO ...

Chick League : 0 ~ 500
    Mouse League: 500 ~ 600
    Cat League: 600 ~ 700
    Stag League: 700 ~ 800
    Bull League: 800 ~ 1000

*** Above resets to the minimum required for current league at the end of the season, with below resetting to 1000 ELO and Wolf League

Wolf League: 1000 ~ 1200
    Bear League: 1200 ~ 1600
    Lion League 1600 ~ 2000
    Phoenix League 2000+

I also think League rewards at the moment are too generous, that's why I think ELO should be raised. That would keep me in Bear or perhaps Lion League when I push myself. We've suggested system alternatives in the past also and I would prefer to have something like that implemented because it is more tangible and gives you a better relation to your rank with a % system.

Chick League : 100%
    Mouse League: 50%
    Cat League: 30%
    Stag League: 20%
    Bull League: 10%
    Wolf League: 5%
    Bear League: 3%
    Lion League 2%
    Phoenix League 1%

... but that system means you play more you climb up more but you miss a couple days playing and you have no hope of catching other players unless they slow down or go into losses o.O

All systems have issues, our current one is inflation based, we don't need more leagues but perhaps adjustment to the number of ELO required to obtain the league and what our ELO resets to each seasons end ...

I might change my mind tomorrow but for todays thats how I feel about it
    <~~~~~~~~~~[ FAN LINKS ]~~~~~~~~~~>

Quote Originally Posted by gWorldz View Post
    I agree with Knightified on this one, Phoenix is not something everyone should be able to achieve each season, its something to strive for and work hard to obtain. I personally wanted it to be a 1000 ELO gap between the Lion and Phoenix, I wouldn't be getting it but it would be what it was created to be an elite of the elite. It also makes since that you have to push to get it, the problem with Lion league was that almost everyone can get there eventually and stay there season to season with little to no work. I've actually pushed for a reset to 500 each season for all leagues but very seriously doubt that will ever happen. Personally, if I spend the time to climb I want it to be worth it and feel like it was a milestone to get there.

This is coming from someone that would actually be in the new league you propose, so I know where you are coming from. If you push though, something that should be required to be at the top in any game, you can get 1800 too o.O

I would love to see some changes to the leagues system though, to balance it better with the current ELO system I'd propose the following ELO numbers to correct for ELO inflation caused by Random Arena's 2x XP/ELO ...

Chick League : 0 ~ 500
    Mouse League: 500 ~ 600
    Cat League: 600 ~ 700
    Stag League: 700 ~ 800
    Bull League: 800 ~ 1000

*** Above resets to the minimum required for current league at the end of the season, with below resetting to 1000 ELO and Wolf League

Wolf League: 1000 ~ 1200
    Bear League: 1200 ~ 1600
    Lion League 1600 ~ 2000
    Phoenix League 2000+

I also think League rewards at the moment are too generous, that's why I think ELO should be raised. That would keep me in Bear or perhaps Lion League when I push myself. We've suggested system alternatives in the past also and I would prefer to have something like that implemented because it is more tangible and gives you a better relation to your rank with a % system.

Chick League : 100%
    Mouse League: 50%
    Cat League: 30%
    Stag League: 20%
    Bull League: 10%
    Wolf League: 5%
    Bear League: 3%
    Lion League 2%
    Phoenix League 1%

... but that system means you play more you climb up more but you miss a couple days playing and you have no hope of catching other players unless they slow down or go into losses o.O

All systems have issues, our current one is inflation based, we don't need more leagues but perhaps adjustment to the number of ELO required to obtain the league and what our ELO resets to each seasons end ...

I might change my mind tomorrow but for todays thats how I feel about it
    What Koboojo have to change is the amount of ELO points you get per battle, average in random you just get at least 10 ELO Points and if you wnt to push from Lion to Phoenix it would take a total of 36 hours since one battle is roughly 30 mins in random and not just that you can also lose in some battles which makes you lose points, therefore increasing the time taken to reach there

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tek Chun Sheng View Post
    What Koboojo have to change is the amount of ELO points you get per battle, average in random you just get at least 10 ELO Points and if you wnt to push from Lion to Phoenix it would take a total of 36 hours since one battle is roughly 30 mins in random and not just that you can also lose in some battles which makes you lose points, therefore increasing the time taken to reach there
    I make 10-16 ELO per battle every 10 minutes, I spend a couple hours a day playing usually and average about 100 ELO per 2 sets of 5 random arena matches. So for me going from Lion to Phoenix should never be more than 8-12 hours. Consensus among top players I know (and me but I'm not a top player) is that we lose 2-3 matches at most out of every 10 we play.

As for losing affecting my ELO points, yea that happens but I have to lose several matches to actually feel it. On average I loose 1-3 points per loss, so I need to loose 5-8 matches before I start losing points earned from a single win o.O

If you manage all 3 sets of 5/5 for your battle chest per day, for me that's about 2-3 hours of game play with 15 wins and 5 or fewer losses and 100+ points per day easy

... also note when I lose a match its usually less than 5 min for that match.
    Last edited by gWorldz; 04-23-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gWorldz View Post
    I make 10-16 ELO per battle every 10 minutes, I spend a couple hours a day playing usually and average about 100 ELO per 2 sets of 5 random arena matches. So for me going from Lion to Phoenix should never be more than 8-12 hours. Consensus among top players I know (and me but I'm not a top player) is that we lose 2-3 matches at most out of every 10 we play.

As for losing affecting my ELO points, yea that happens but I have to lose several matches to actually feel it. On average I loose 1-3 points per loss, so I need to loose 5-8 matches before I start losing points earned from a single win o.O

If you manage all 3 sets of 5/5 for your battle chest per day, for me that's about 2-3 hours of game play with 15 wins and 5 or fewer losses and 100+ points per day easy

... also note when I lose a match its usually less than 5 min for that match.
    Wouldn't you get bored??

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tek Chun Sheng View Post
    Wouldn't you get bored??
    If you play classic yea, but playing random prevents me from getting bored with it. I don't usually play non stop though I play while watching TV and writing mods. For me every 10 minutes of game play is also accompanied by 10 minutes of video editing and prep time between matches, a 5/5 set takes me about 2 hours to do while I'm watching TV but over an hour of that is time spent *NOT* playing.

10 minute match followed by 5 minutes of video editing and then 2-3 minutes playing a quest match to full charge the random team I had and get the screen capture I want ready for photoshop to create my video overlay and a couple minutes for post processing. Then I go about my day working on mods and web programming until its time to do it again, or I nap depending on the time of day.
    Last edited by gWorldz; 04-23-2017 at 05:37 AM.