Live Balance Discussion [Season 18+]

This thread is for discussing this season's unbalanced heroes and reworking their design to fix the problems. Please post with your ideas, as well as, the problem and include why and how your proposed changes can solve the issues.

When posting please try to be concise and use language we can all understand. Don't use this thread to whine and complain, use it instead to contribute to the conversation and help solve the problems

April 10, 2017

Latest Balance Update: http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread....BALANCE-UPDATE

Note: Lion and Phoenix League players always have their ELO reset back to 1100 at the end of each season.
    Last edited by gWorldz; 06-04-2017 at 05:33 AM.
    <~~~~~~~~~~[ FAN LINKS ]~~~~~~~~~~>

I guess I can say:

-Heroes that does direct damage to players will not have +25% increase anymore because it just makes them too chippy and broken, even a level 1 Krys can nearly do 200 damage, this is also an indirect nerf to Ken-Uh and Kortex etc.

-Heroes that activate troops such as Ned, Roku and Gyle will not have the ability to charge other heroes' gauge

-Hembala gauge increase to 80(from 78 ), you guys wanted to nerf Hembala so I doubt +2 in his gauge can make a slight difference

-Tali will now hit two rows instead of one, just so her interactions with vertical heroes ill be more efficient

-Saal will now have his gauge increase ability decrease by 25%, he is too good of a supporter to yellow heroes

-Noren and Ned's battlecry will be removed, don't know why is there but it doesn't affect much during gameplay

-Konil's damage to vertical heroes will just be a single tile damage instead of two, some fix so Missar can be a bit more useful than Konil

-Kaala's damage will now be a fixed number instead of continuous increasing damage per shot from him

Ned, Roku, Gyle if they their activation doesn't count towards charging other player's gauge they're basically a nerf and it would make them immense unuseful especially in the case of Gyle where Kishu would just neutralize his ability. +12 to 8 tiles with that gauge is basically useless.

Ken-Uh's primary ability is hero damage any direct damage is just a bonus. No need to nerf Krys since he usually freezes.

If Tali hit two rows she's basically Souhel.

Why would Konil do single tile damage to double tile vertical heroes? What about Jasser/Shi/Kiit/Harron all of them can do double tile/single tile damage depending on where the heroes are placed. Konil should not be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Meo View Post
    Ned, Roku, Gyle if they their activation doesn't count towards charging other player's gauge they're basically a nerf and it would make them immense unuseful especially in the case of Gyle where Kishu would just neutralize his ability. +12 to 8 tiles with that gauge is basically useless.

Ken-Uh's primary ability is hero damage any direct damage is just a bonus. No need to nerf Krys since he usually freezes.

If Tali hit two rows she's basically Souhel.

Why would Konil do single tile damage to double tile vertical heroes? What about Jasser/Shi/Kiit/Harron all of them can do double tile/single tile damage depending on where the heroes are placed. Konil should not be any different.
    1)The Kishu kind of make sense but I'm looking forward to see Kishu get nerfed instead
    2)Krys' freeze is usually nothing since it is a CHANCE of freezing and it is only a one turn freeze, which has no beneficial downside to that because heroes with 60+ gauge usually needs 2 turns to be charged up
    3)Any other way to buff Tali??
    4)That's because Konil is a cheap gauge so as Kiit, also looking forward to nerf Shi as well but the rest you mentioned are fine since they can only hit a specific spot which you can most likely prevent it by being observant of what your opponent has

New Sugessted Balances:
    -Isiaaki's(45) gauge will be increase to 61, he outclassed Kortex(66) in damage and what's more he has cheaper gauge
    -Harron will attack 2 instead of 3 tiles now, he has too much value for such a cheap gauge
    -Mirga's healing will be decrease by 5%, she outclassed Nei Li and Tai in total healing due to her cheap gauge and it's almost impossible to kill a hero if Mirga keeps charging up, Mirga also have the Death Rattle which is similar to Tai, but Mirga is a better option because she has more healing and cheaper gauge
    -Kishu's death rattle will be removed
    -Mandra will not push back heroes anymore, she is like Horis with the same gauge but more health, also the pushback may make her a bit OP

Can I just say Hembala is way too broken? I have three legendaries now Nei-Li, WanXiao and Noren, and none of them even get close to matching Hembala's OPness. taking 70 damages to all enemy heros (70*4=280) even if they are not on the board? And! adding on top of that, returns enemy heros to hand and lowers gauge? That's simply way too broken. I honestly paid to draw three legendary chest hoping to get Hembala and unfortunately I didn't get it. If Hembala is keep being so OP destorying the balance of the game, I think quitting the game to me is just a metter or time. I hope administrator take a note of this.

*I think a reasonable balance would be, keeping Hembala's ability to return enermy heroes to the hand but the attack only applied to those on the board. Heroes in hand should be kept safe and unaffected.

Wanderer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic slykm's Avatar

Hi, I'm new. I joined just so that I could contribute to this thread, since it is interesting. Sorry for long post.

First, my thoughts based on already suggested nerfs

--The reason why characters like Ken-Uh, do more damage when attacking the lifebar is because the lifebar has 25% lowered defense. For example, 3 troops give the lifebar 18 damage, even though they 3 is worth 15..

-Great idea for Tali, she should be two rows or increase her initial damage. She is way too weak, its like she's supposed to die to be useful, and even then the increase in attack is not good enough to justify the sacrifice. Souhel would still be better because he does way more damage. Basically, he does too much damage, and Tali does too little. I say Tail does two rows, Souhel base damage should be around 50, and no higher than 70, or its changed to one row.

--For Saal's, how does he overly benefit yellow teams in particular? He isn't even yellow? His skill is annoying, but I don't think he's broken-good, his HP is low for his size, just take him down quickly.

--I think Konil is fine, because when you kill him, he speeds up the overdrive gauge for all enemy heroes, its not like his hp is very high or anything.

--Kaala attacks are so random. When she hits, it could be deadly, but usually she doesn't hit anything. I think Kaala is fine as is.

--Kishu does not need to be nerfed, her HP is low, and enemy needs luck to be able to spam her each turn.

--Krys;s freeze is fine as is. I have been able to get him to attack twice in one turn plenty of times its hilarious, just need good colors and strategy. The freeze, even for just the remainder of the turn, is good enough. I say guaranteed freeze per skill use could be fair since his damage gets crazy once he reaches level 7+, but it will make me sad, spamming him is so OP.

--Isiaaki and Kortex are not even the same kind of attacker, I'm not even sure why they are being compared. The reason why Kortex has such a high overdrive, is because spamming him makes his damage crazy good, actually, that's how you're supposed to use him, otherwise he's not so good. You have to use him as soon as possible, and keep using his skill at least once per turn, and you're enemy will have to deal with an annoying pest, haha.

Isiaaki may need a higher overdrive number, (50 could be fair) but 61 is too much. That is close to Krys's level, but does less damage and he has more HP. Personally I think keep Isiaaki as is, he does such low damage that is why, again, use the power of spam he gets to be as good as Krys, which is fair because they are the same rarity. It could get him up there in damage per turn, but that is a reward for luck/skill.

--Harron attacking two rows instead of three is a good idea

--Mirga's heal is awesome, but she doesn't heal herself. I think you just need to adjust your strategy. If you see Mirga, kill her first.
    --I actually think Nei Li is super OP, you just gotta use her when there is a lot of blue, and spam. Her skill stacks and lasts for many turns, and she heals all adverse effects. There is no Mirga outclasses Nei Li.
    --Tai also gives your people defense and heals himself as well, and if you place him right, you can either spam him and your blue team when you use him, or choose the color you want to spam when you initially use him, just make sure there is a possiblity to spam him, or his battle cry will be wasted.
    --Both Tai and Mirga have battle cries not death rattles. Tai lasts one turn, Mirga the whole turn, but she has to enter the field first. Yes that means that her skill won't be used, but this charges the overdrive of the rest of the heroes for the whole battle. Tai is not overwhelmingly better than Mirga, though.

--The pushback is Mandra's niche, if you want to nerf her, decrease her attack. Her use is to force enemies into vulnerable spots so that region specificv attackers can attack. Honestly, she should also be able to kill on her own too, so I personally think she's fine as is. Higher HP means that there is more pain when you eventually kill them. Besides, she isn't anything like Floyd, who has low HP because he can hide and change positions.

--I was annoyed with Hembala too, but then I got him and suddenly he was perfect. Joking aside, actually, yea, he's OP, but he isn't broken. I defeated people with him, and have been defeated while using him (mine is level 2 as well).
    Forcing enemies to retreat is actually a weakness, because other heroes and troops can't attack or finish the job until you bring them back. Plus it doesn't hurt you at all, because it only brings down the overdrive by a negligible amount. Yea you can attack for 70, but that isn't much if your enemy hero's HP is in the 400s (can be terrible for 100> enemies though). Finally, Hembala has such low HP and horizontal card, he's easy to kill fast, bludgeon him with your troops!

--For Hembala, I say keep his abilities, even attacking HPs when in hand, but increase the overdrive. It should not be possible to use his skill twice in one turn, even if lucky. A change to 80, as was suggested earlier is a good idea, 65 is way too low for a skill that stronk.

----
    Now for some of my own suggestions:
    Stortan: He has an interesting unique skill, but all the other legendarys that have a unique skill have another aspect to them that makes them legends. Right now, Stortan feels like he should be an epic, because his skill is lackluster and his HP is low for his orientation and size.
    Give defense to the whole team as opposed to just himself, or attack their front row, or buff the troops in the front row by 5 or more. Or if none of those, add a new mechanic and buff the defense of the lifebar as a passive. Right now he is really only useful in the very beg of the fight when the enemy can't use their heroes yet.

Ned: Ned was one of the first legendaries, so it made sense to make his overdrive so ridiculous, because close to 300 damage was probably way OP back then. But now, with other legendaries with much lower overdrives, and how easy it is for leveled up commons/rares/epics to do the same amount of damage per turn, his damage is not high enough to justify the overdrive. I think it should be lowered to 95-100.

Don: I have only been against Don twice, and don't have him myself, but I already noticed that his skill is dangerously OP. I would say to either change it so that he increases max hp of one hero by 100 and do damage to one enemy hero by 90-100 (the selection will be like Waru, so it is still possible for the same hero to be attacked twice), or decrease the base attack to 70, 70 isn't much, but it gets stronger and OP if you can nab more copies, makes leveling him up very desirable.

Gyle: I don't know who's idea it was to nerf him by taking out his battle cry, but that was what made the 72 overdrive worth it. I say that he is too weak for such a high overdrive now, and it should be lowered to 62-65.

Missar: should give damage even if enemies are frozen, because if a enemy is already frozen, then Missar's skill is useless. His freeze doesn't even stack if the enemy is frozen already, and so he just sits there and takes damage. Meaning you can level his overdrive. He has a lot of HP for a card that will be a sitting duck that will be useless until the enemy thaws.

Asaro: He's pretty old so it was probably mentioned before, but...Asaro is the most useless card in the whole game, I seriously just let him sit in my hand, unless I notice that I have someone that attacks random heroes, then his spammable self heal can be a real troll. He used to be a buffer, just like Vernay, but they nerfed Asaro and I think they buffed Vernay so that he could be the new Asaro (I can't remember the details it was one of the first balance fixes).
    I can see why having two spammable buffers could be too much, but he could have at least had a useful skill, maybe buff one random hero and take away that useless passive. Or maybe nerf attack or defense of enemy heroes or something as a passive instead, that way his self heal could actually be useful. Until something fixes about him, then I would not care to use him. Or is he supposed to be a useless troll card?

--These point based nerf/buff abilities need to really change to percentage-based buff/nerfs, or increase in number by a great amount. Noren could use the passive, but Hembala shouldn't have one.