Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wanderer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mutant Prices... A suggestion

I agree with the following:

Matt Bulthouse
    Dear Admins, As a player/lover of Mutants, I have a suggestion. I am an older player and have been around the FB gaming zones for quite a while. I have payed to play a few of them and would like to for this game as well. However, as most of your players are in the kid age range, I find some of the prices quite high in reference to the other games that are similar. The Zodiac Mutants are roughly $70 USD. That in my opinion is quite a bit too high. For example, Miscrits has a price of 12 to 15 dollars for the new Miscrits they release. Much more affordable to almost anyone. If you lowered the price, you would increase revenue by quite a considerable margine. It would make a lot more players able to afford the Mutants they want and put more cash in your game which would be a bonus for everyone. I understand that players thought the prices were too low at one point, but now they are just too high for 99% of players to get. Since the start of my playing Mutants, I have not seen anyone using a Zodiac Mutant (for example). That says a lot. Please take this into consideration. Thank you for reading. Your loyal player~

I second that, by making the price more affordable, more people will be likely to purchase it (as we saw with Captain Peace, when the price was lowered, a lot more people were willing to buy it, myself included)

That is the point why they made the prices high. They are preventing gold abusers to pop out and losing potential new players. The prices of gold mutants are quite balanced.

There was a time that Gold Deadbot is so cheap that a team of 3 consists of unstoppable Deadbots. Just imagine new players battling newbies with three Gold Deadbots at the Global Tournament. (take note: newbies which are Fame level 10 and below)
    Last edited by Mutant Rene; 10-23-2013 at 05:31 AM.

I think the game has matured to the point where that is no longer a major concern and the skill rating system between veteran players and new players that prevents that from happening keeps that concern to a minimum...

Banned
    Hi Guys,

We have taken your feedback on board and have released the Latest Zodiac mutant Prince Scorpion at 50% off, so he is available during the Scorpio Zodiac month for only 1500 gold.

We will monitor the sales of this Zodiac and if it performs well we will look to keep this price for future Zodiac mutants.

any chance free players can get this as well? like sacrificing 3 silver/gold mutants perhaps and and getting a random zodiac?- or a zodiac piece maybe
    this could be another use for the mutant reactor

sacrificing Silver/gold mutants to obtain a Zodiac would be a terrible waste of those mutants as a zodiac typically falls in between the average of silver and gold mutants... for those players who do not spend money, you really just have to focus on completing achievements and leveling up to earn the gold to buy the zodiacs. at a 50% price cut, Scorpion prince is, in my opinion, a very nicely priced mutant.

Why people cannot understand that internet games are not charity... Putting that aside.. Glad to see that zod prices may be perm reduced. Wanted to get leo when he was out, but price really made me to abandon that idea. I've simply compared what i would get in lets say league of legends for that money... Choice was obvious

Wanderer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub Topolski View Post
    Why people cannot understand that internet games are not charity... Putting that aside.. Glad to see that zod prices may be perm reduced. Wanted to get leo when he was out, but price really made me to abandon that idea. I've simply compared what i would get in lets say league of legends for that money... Choice was obvious
    dude go out more it will be good for ur health and that guy is just making a suggestion. Not freaking end of the world u know!

According to current gold prices that Zodiac mutant at "discounted" price would cost over $30. That is insane! That is almost the price for a full retail game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakub Topolski View Post
    I know Matt very well, we were both forum moderators for another FB game, and we have both had to make the argument multiple times to many, many players that FB games are not charity. Matt's suggestion is something to get people spending MORE money on the game... it's a matter of supply and demand. I agree w/ Liam; I look at the fact that to get something significant, I would have to spend $30-$70 and think, "I'd rather just spend it on a Playstation game."