Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst update ever - Keep power ups effects OUT of the PVP or take them out completely

Hi Kobojo. You will RUIN the game for everyone and the PVP will become a WALLET FEST (well, MORE of a wallet fest than it ALREADY is) if you keep those power ups in the game and gold users are able to use them in the PVP tournament.

Increase their criticals 50%?? Reduce the criticals they receive by 75%?? WHAT?! Are you serious?

I'm sorry, but I'm really, really pissed off.

Take those power ups out of the game now. Or don't apply their effects in the PVP.
    Last edited by Christian Munive; 11-21-2013 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Spelling / grammar corrections

Agreed

-75% and +50% in PVP, lol. Crits are already too powerful & add a huge luck factor (fights end too fast)

you must take those power ups from pvp or you will lose many many players

True...they will literally RUIN the entire game,thoose from kobojo gone mad or what??

The reactions in the MGG facebook page also show the general disconformity with this update.

does they look at those negative comments ?

Hi,

Just to confirm, incase its not clear, the %'s stated are the % increase to the existing increase, not an addition, for example a 10% chance doesn't become a 60% chance, but 10% + (50% of 10%) = 15%

These Powerups have been priced to be available to most players via gold earnt in game via levelling up, completing achievements etc, and there will be ways to win these Powerups via the existing rewards systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kian Bryant View Post
    Hi,

Just to confirm, incase its not clear, the %'s stated are the % increase to the existing increase, not an addition, for example a 10% chance doesn't become a 60% chance, but 10% + (50% of 10%) = 15%

These Powerups have been priced to be available to most players via gold earnt in game via levelling up, completing achievements etc, and there will be ways to win these Powerups via the existing rewards systems.
    Yeah, but every player can not afford to spend 20 - 40 gold every day of the PVP. [EDIT: Ignore this part, everyone can get as much as they want from these items, really sorry for that sentence, didn't mean to disinform anyone] Besides, they put a "limited stock" of those power ups [END OF EDIT], so gold users can buy them all at once and could abuse them in the last days of the PVP to crush other players.

So, the PVP tournament could become either a wallet fest or a power-up fest in the last day of each PVP. Good bye strategy, good bye effort. Money talks here.

I understood the percentages correctly Kian, thanks. I never took it as a total 50% chance added to the current chance percentage of landing a critical hit on a foe. If that would be the case, I wouldn't even waste my time posting, I'd just leave, because that would be basically GAME OVER to any free player (or even to paying players on a budget).

And yeah, I was considering buying some gold to support the game from time to time, but I WILL NEVER spend tens to hundreds of dollars every month on a facebook game just to equal the odds of winning.

Considering how overpowered already paying users get to be with gold and zodiac mutants, now add a 50% more chance to to their mutants to land criticals on their opponents. Also give them protection against 75% of critical hits that may land on them. There isn't a "natural" or "normal" chance to block a critical hit that I know of, so this one is the worst offender. It just cripples the mutants of their opponents by reducing further the chance they have to get lucky and hit the sweet spot with a critical blow. And that just blows.

So, let's assume the normal chance of landing a critical is 10%. They get both power ups. What is their chance of landing a critical on me? 15%. Ok. What is my chance of landing a critical on them? 2.5%. Are they for real?!?

These items unbalance the flow of the game, plain and simple. They give unfair advantage to paying users with a fat wallet.

This is called "pay-to-win". And it's a terrible, terrible, terrible move from Kobojo's part.
    Last edited by Christian Munive; 11-22-2013 at 03:51 AM.

Traveler

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

In my opinion, yes it wasn't the best move from the devs. But in my logic if they were such "a greedy bastard" like everyone defines it, they will not letting it ruins the game. Besides it was still in test, if it turns out to be a bad influence to the game balance I bet they'll do something about it. I've been in game since pvp season 2 and yes, sometimes they made a quite bad decision (like at that time they strengthen the zodiac mutants after they raised its prices) but in the end they fixed it somehow so people won't be troubled with it anymore. Again based on my logic, if they were such "a greedy bastard" they will not let the game ruined.
    Let's be adult people.... no matter how fun the game was, it still a business... and the first priority of business is: Getting profits as much as possible.
    the question is are they dumb enough to ruin the business they has made this far? in my opinion, no they are not

This update isn't popular, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Munive View Post
    Yeah, but every player can not afford to spend 20 - 40 gold every day of the PVP. Besides, they put a "limited stock" of those power ups, so gold users can buy them all at once and could abuse them in the last days of the PVP to crush other players.
    Well actually, the "limited stock" is your personal stock. When you see something that says "0 in stock,' the game really means that you do not have any of that item, not that you cannot buy it or its stock is limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradford Dawson View Post
    This update isn't popular, is it?

Well actually, the "limited stock" is your personal stock. When you see something that says "0 in stock,' the game really means that you do not have any of that item, not that you cannot buy it or its stock is limited.
    Sorry mate, my mistake there. Corrected that post so people may not get the wrong impression where there is no problem.

But still... yeah... I'm really against this update. Kind of makes me sad actually. I put a lot of effort in this game in the past months.

:(
    Last edited by Christian Munive; 11-22-2013 at 03:56 AM.