Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Local Hero

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70

    Talking Stop posting stuff before it's done!

    so just wanted to ask you guys to not post about stuff until it's in game and ready for use... this happens a lot with new things you guys wanna add to the game... *cough new campaign, bingo, gold machine cough*.. so i kindly ask if you could stop doing that..

    PS: Can't find the suggestion forum..

  2. #2
    Hey there, thank you for your feedback KeveD :)

    Regarding the Suggestions section, it has been merged with the General one. We are working on a tag system to distinguish the suggestions and the other threads, while having them all in one section.

    Cheers! :)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by KeveD View Post
    so just wanted to ask you guys to not post about stuff until it's in game and ready for use... this happens a lot with new things you guys wanna add to the game... *cough new campaign, bingo, gold machine cough*.. so i kindly ask if you could stop doing that..

    PS: Can't find the suggestion forum..
    Hey KeveD,

    Can you elaborate on why you feel this way? :)

    Cheers,
    Alex

  4. #4
    I don't see whats so bad about it; giving a heads up gives preparation time. Like for gold machines, players started saving up gold. the new campaign allowed players time to beat omega for the prize. announce mutants gives players time to save up credits/gold.
    Mutant Reactor:
    Steampunk = 17 Spins, Gothic = 9 Spins, Girl Power = 5 Spins
    Superheros = 15 Spins, Japan = 5 Spins, Space Wars = 9 Spins
    Big Boss = 8 Spins + 1 Gold, Super Villains = 8 Spins + 1 Gold
    Movies = 4 Spins + 1 Gold, Elemental Squad = 10 Spins, Time Soldiers = 6 Spins

    Gods of the Arena: 7 Spins so far

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I don't see whats so bad about it; giving a heads up gives preparation time. Like for gold machines, players started saving up gold. the new campaign allowed players time to beat omega for the prize. announce mutants gives players time to save up credits/gold.
    All of what Howard just said and more.
    It allows one to be hyped for what is to come. IT allows for people to imagine what said feature, or mutant or anything will play. It gives them something to look forward to. As Howard said if a new mutant is announced ahead of time, many players will save up gold for it not knowing when it'll be released but in the back of their mind it's soon™ :P
    It gives new content, no matter when released. :)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by KeveD View Post
    so just wanted to ask you guys to not post about stuff until it's in game and ready for use... this happens a lot with new things you guys wanna add to the game... *cough new campaign, bingo, gold machine cough*.. so i kindly ask if you could stop doing that..

    PS: Can't find the suggestion forum..
    I see your point KeveD, New stuff is hard to wait for but this doesn't bother me. It ramps up the chatter in a lot of the groups I'm in and it really leads to some hilarious comments.

    Your point is a legitimate one and the way you asked it was fun to read..

  7. #7
    Local Hero

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by [K] Pogolina View Post
    Hey KeveD,

    Can you elaborate on why you feel this way? :)

    Cheers,
    Alex

    What i am saying is that you guys shouldn't specify dates and then fail to deliver on that day.. it goes like this "announces new stuff > omg new stuff today > checks game > nothing there > checks forum and or page > said stuff will be released in a couple days = :("

    Howard the only stuff i think should be announced early is evo sales or credit box.. things players have to save for.. not everyone can save up credits that quickly .. and i see this trend where a mutant is released for credits then right after a an evo sale happens or vice versa. All am saying is as soon as whatever new things are ready and in the game and ready to be used then post about it.. so we can avoid getting excited and impatient.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by KeveD View Post
    What i am saying is that you guys shouldn't specify dates and then fail to deliver on that day.. it goes like this "announces new stuff > omg new stuff today > checks game > nothing there > checks forum and or page > said stuff will be released in a couple days = :("

    Howard the only stuff i think should be announced early is evo sales or credit box.. things players have to save for.. not everyone can save up credits that quickly .. and i see this trend where a mutant is released for credits then right after a an evo sale happens or vice versa. All am saying is as soon as whatever new things are ready and in the game and ready to be used then post about it.. so we can avoid getting excited and impatient.
    Hey KeveD,

    Thank you for the explanation.

    We can change the wording maybe to "Expected to go live (...)", but we do want our players to be excited about upcoming features/mutants/buildings. :)

    I understand your perspective in regards to the disappointment when something doesn't go live at the date we initially predicted, but I would just like to reassure you the reason why this happens is so that new features don't go live with several bugs. So, if we initially predicted that feature X would take Y amount of days to be ready, but then a couple of days (or even hours) before the release we find an issue, which we believe will undermine the performance of said feature, we prefer to postpone it rather than have our players go through the major annoyance of it not working properly.

    We will, of course, take your feedback in consideration!

    See you around,
    Alex
    Last edited by [K] Pogolina; 03-27-2015 at 11:34 AM.

  9. #9
    Local Hero

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by [K] Pogolina View Post
    Hey KeveD,

    Thank you for the explanation.

    We can change the wording maybe to "Expected to go live (...)", but we do want our players to be excited about upcoming features/mutants/buildings. :)

    I understand your perspective in regards to the disappointment when something doesn't go live at the date we initially predicted, but I would just like to reassure you the reason why this happens is so that new features don't go live with several bugs. So, if we initially predicted that feature X would take Y amount of days to be ready, but then a couple of days (or even hours) before the release we find an issue, which we believe will undermine the performance of said feature, we prefer to postpone it rather than have our players go through the major annoyance of it not working properly.

    We will, of course, take your feedback in consideration!

    See you around,
    Alex
    Thank you guys.. Am just glad my suggestion was heard. Keep up the good work.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •