Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 34 to 44 of 142
  1. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Caskey View Post
    So does this mean regardless of how many u have, you can buy 3 more? Will this be 3 a month, 3 every few month 3 forever? If its only 3 more forever, this will create a significant rich poor gap in the game between those who already have the peoples and those who do not. If you consider it takes about 4 months to get your return on gold investment, maybe you guys should suck it up and quit with the greed? Did you ever stop to think that those furnaces actually caused many people who never spent money to actually spend on the game? Did you ever think that the spenders that you think will quit spending will now just purchase the cash only mutants? I can only assume you didn't consider any of these things after reading your solution.

    -Dan
    Hey Dan,

    Yes, regardless of how many you have, you can get 3 more Gold Furnaces and 5 additional Gold Forges.

    Example:
    - User A has 1 Gold forge
    - After the next game version is implemented, they can purchase 5 additional Gold Forges in the shop
    - If they decide to buy the GFs, User A will have in total 6 Gold Forges
    - The Gold Forge will no longer be purchasable in the shop, but it will be available in promotions.

    Promotions are not capped:
    - When a new promotion comes along (featuring a Gold Forge or Furnace), the purchase of the gold production buildings is not limited;
    - Therefore, you can take advantage of as many promotions as desired.

    Regards,
    Alexandra
    Last edited by [K] Pogolina; 06-23-2015 at 09:06 PM.

  2. #35
    But i can purchase them with gold or only with real money?

  3. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by [K] Pogolina View Post
    Hey Dan,

    Yes, regardless of how many you have, you can get 3 more Gold Furnaces and 5 additional Gold Forges.

    Example:
    - User A has 1 Gold forge
    - After the next game version is implemented, they can purchase 5 additional Gold Forges in the shop
    - User A will have in total 6 Gold Forges
    - The Gold Forge will no longer be purchasable in the shop, but it will be available in promotions.

    Promotions are not capped:
    - When a new promotion comes along (featuring a Gold Forge or Furnace), the cap in the shop will not apply;
    - Therefore, you can take advantage of as many promotions as desired.

    Regards,
    Alexandra
    First things first, I did have more then one question on my post answering the questions that make you look good and ignoring the rest doesn't win you any points. Secondly, I am complaining from the point of view of already having enough furnaces and have already reached the point of not needing to spend money for gold. That being said, I truly feel that if you create a rich/poor gap of the magnitude that this it will seriously hurt a game I enjoy playing and really kill off new players. Please consider limiting them to maybe 1 every two to three weeks, allowing player to catch up but only very slowly. At one per 3 weeks you would take over 2 months to get the 3 initial ones you would currently be offering but allow loyal player to eventually compete with some power houses.
    I know you only look at it from the greed point of view, but lets look at it through the eyes of game play balance. Imagine if you made the banker breedable for 2 months, the people who already had one would breed enough to have a rooftop and most smart players in game would move to doing that. Now most players would assume the change would be there and they wouldn't have to rush to take advantage of it. After 2 months you notice people buying silver from the store dropped 30%, so you make them not breedable again. You just handed the players that did this a huge advantage, a cheat code if you will. And now those players will be able to progress in the game much much easier and faster then players who didn't do this and new players. Is this fair no...does it create a huge gap between players ..yes.

    And finally, how did you guys not anticipate this? I saw the building in the shop and was like wow thats insane, but you can probably only buy 1 because if you can buy more gold will go infinite and people won't spend money. I purchased one and saw there was another to buy so I eventually got a bunch. If the majority of your player base understood this in one look, how did this change go live? Punish the idiot that came up with the idea and was too busy drooling on him or herself to figure out the implications of such a building, don't punish your players.

    -Dan

  4. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Caskey View Post
    First things first, I did have more then one question on my post answering the questions that make you look good and ignoring the rest doesn't win you any points.
    Dan,

    I did not "ignore" the questions to make myself look good. I merely focused on the most factual aspects of your post - apologies for any misunderstanding this may have caused. :)

    Let me do this again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Caskey View Post
    Will this be 3 a month, 3 every few month 3 forever?
    As far as we know, this will be a permanent shop cap on the gold production buildings. However, there is a continuous analysis of the game's performance, the team might readjust according to balancing needs. This should be expected, however, for every feature in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Caskey View Post
    If its only 3 more forever, this will create a significant rich poor gap in the game between those who already have the peoples and those who do not. If you consider it takes about 4 months to get your return on gold investment, maybe you guys should suck it up and quit with the greed?
    Promotions will allow users to go around the shop cap if they choose to.

    As David said a couple of posts ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by David Deal View Post
    move forges and furnaces to "exclusive packs" that reveal each other and scale the purchase price accordingly (my preference)
    (...)
    Vets will have a leg up, but people can end up in the same place.
    Items like the gold production buildings, as well as other monetized features, help us to keep producing fresh new features and maintaining the game, while allowing us to sustain the company's needs and its employees.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Caskey View Post
    Did you ever stop to think that those furnaces actually caused many people who never spent money to actually spend on the game?
    Yes, the team has analyzed all available data and dedicated a lot of its time debating this particular feature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Caskey View Post
    Please consider limiting them to maybe 1 every two to three weeks, allowing player to catch up but only very slowly. At one per 3 weeks you would take over 2 months to get the 3 initial ones you would currently be offering but allow loyal player to eventually compete with some power houses.
    I know you only look at it from the greed point of view, but lets look at it through the eyes of game play balance. Imagine if you made the banker breedable for 2 months, the people who already had one would breed enough to have a rooftop and most smart players in game would move to doing that. Now most players would assume the change would be there and they wouldn't have to rush to take advantage of it. After 2 months you notice people buying silver from the store dropped 30%, so you make them not breedable again. You just handed the players that did this a huge advantage, a cheat code if you will. And now those players will be able to progress in the game much much easier and faster then players who didn't do this and new players. Is this fair no...does it create a huge gap between players ..yes.

    And finally, how did you guys not anticipate this? I saw the building in the shop and was like wow thats insane, but you can probably only buy 1 because if you can buy more gold will go infinite and people won't spend money. I purchased one and saw there was another to buy so I eventually got a bunch. If the majority of your player base understood this in one look, how did this change go live? Punish the idiot that came up with the idea and was too busy drooling on him or herself to figure out the implications of such a building, don't punish your players.

    -Dan
    We will definitely make sure to forward your feedback to the responsible team.

    Thank you for sharing your opinion in the forum,
    Alex
    Last edited by [K] Pogolina; 06-24-2015 at 02:53 PM.

  5. #38
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Gold forge/furnace cap

    Your decision will cause a rich poor gap between people who have already bought more then 3 furnaces and those who could not buy it at that time..re-consider your decision or take take away the extra 2 furnaces from those who have exceeded their cap

  6. #39
    Hey everyone,

    Just dropping by to leave this here, just to make sure:



    Cheers,
    A

  7. #40
    Will they be sold for gold or real money?

  8. #41
    So some people have over 20 and they can keep them, but others are limited to 3 how is that fair, lost another paying player

  9. #42
    Illustrious

    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic narthrax's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Staring through your window
    Posts
    106
    how the limit should apply, you get to buy 5 forges and 3 furnaces when they return then you are capped. they leave the store and come back a few months later then you get to buy more... or the game will bug out and this will happen anyway.

  10. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    So some people have over 20 and they can keep them, but others are limited to 3 how is that fair, lost another paying player
    Hey Clint,

    The purchase of gold Furnaces in particular, in the shop, is limited to 3 for every Psy Captain. Promotional offers, however, are not limited by the shop's cap. This applies to ever player, regardless of how many Furnaces they have acquired so far.

    Regards,
    Alex
    Last edited by [K] Pogolina; 06-24-2015 at 01:11 PM.

  11. #44
    And these promotional offers will require real money, so players who don't spend real money will always be limited to 3 furnaces.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •